The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[Class Reps] Meeting Notes - August 16

• Oumalakasha
    Oumalakasha
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps I am missing something, but I don't understand why people think "ice mages" should be able to achieve top DPS. Aren't the defining features of frost control and defense? Shouldn't this added utility come at a price of lower DPS? If they are able to achieve top DPS, what would be the reason for NOT running one? I totally accept that I am missing something here, but it just seems like higher DPS would conflict directly with the role/purpose of frost.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Oumalakasha , while I'll agree that making separate magic types better at different tasks sounds like a good idea and helps diversity, the style of thinking may lead to wardens (which are largely about ice) barred from role of DPS, no? Diversity is nice as long as it doesn't result - as a side effect - in pigeonholing whole class into certain roles.
  • Oumalakasha
    Oumalakasha
    ✭✭✭
    @Oumalakasha , while I'll agree that making separate magic types better at different tasks sounds like a good idea and helps diversity, the style of thinking may lead to wardens (which are largely about ice) barred from role of DPS, no? Diversity is nice as long as it doesn't result - as a side effect - in pigeonholing whole class into certain roles.

I do agree that Mag Wardens should have better DPS, I just don't think that frost damage is the right path. I myself do prefer frost over lightning and fire, and I love the idea of a cryomancer...I just think that there needs to be a give and a take, and the take would take away those unique aspects of the frost element. Just my two cents though.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »
    I've lost all faith in this program. It's clear that Zenimax doesn't know how to balance Mag Sorc and the reps have little impact or useful feedback to provide on this issue.

Your PvP mag Sorc "ratings " are just lol. Like please. Mag Sorc has more mobility than Mag Blade? Sure bud. Better defense than Mag Blade, Mag DK, Mag Warden and Mag Plar??? Lol sure bud. Mag Sorc has best sustain of all Mag classes? Wow. Just wow.

Did the Mag Sorc class rep resign? Who in the program actually plays this class in outnumbered PvP? Surely they didn't provide input onto those "ratings"...

The class does not function without an effective stun. Period. Right now, our only viable stun is blockable, dodgeable, reflectable,requires DSA farming, and still is worse than old frags, a skill that was nerfed so "people will try the other morph". How is that acceptable? How does ZOS plan to address that? It's no where in the notes. No where

And these are old issues fellas. You've had months to address it. You're getting nowhere. That's failure. Plain and simple.

I've been as constructive as I can. I'm not bashing or baiting anyone. But you've got to call it like you see it. This is failure personified.

Ratings are based on community feedback as the entries are done by players, so they're not "ours", they're more yours than ours for example. You could've entered your own opinion to counter what you disagree with.

Your opinion apparently does not match the majority of feedback we received, otherwise they'd be on there :wink:

Sadly polls do sh@t all to alleviate player biases and I won't even get started on your pool size.

The only way you could semi do this properly is to confirm that said player actually plays that class and have a minimum amount of hours played to give input. Without this, the entire attempt is futile.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• wuka91
    wuka91
    ✭✭
    As a main sorc... now looking to transfer to a stam class.

The changes to rune cage imho was too much. Now rolly polly classes will dominate. They say that rune cage needs to be counterable. Okay that's absolutely fine but to dodge a rune cage requires insane reaction times to dodge when you hear rune cage being activate or by anticipation rolling.

Anticipation rolling is not a true "counter" to rune cage. All it does is buff stamina classes and makes the mag sorc waste magicka and thus creating negative momemtum in a pvp fight.

What they should have done with rune cage was if they wanted to make it dodgeable - fine make it dodgeable - but if any stam classes decides to anticipation roll just because they believe the rune cage will come out. A fair change would be so that once the mag sorc sees that a stam class has rolled in anticipation there should be an open window where stam classes will get rune caged with 100% certainty after slightly delaying the rune cage. But it is in my experience that a stam class can simply double roll to avoid a rune cage. This should not be the case imo. Anticipation rolls should be able to get punished. A great change to this would be to activate rune cage instantly the closer the mag sorc is to the player. And longer the further the mag sorc is away from the player.

Plus rune cage usually isn't even cast immediately until after being applied with a curse. And curse is already highly telegraphic.

Other reasonable changes to rune cage would have been to reduced the range so meteor/runecage would not be viable unless the mag sorc risked entering near melee range to commit the combo. The change from 5 to 3.5 seconds is definitely warranted tho. 5 seconds was way to long.

The changes to rune cage were imho a response from the developers to cater to trash casual players playing in cyrodiil. Where people are getting rune caged left and right by zerglings. In BG the nerf to rune cage completely destroyed the mag sorc class. Now almost any "competent" stam class can mitigate any pressure mag sorcs brings to the table by either LoS or rolly polly.

From fully reading the OP - it seems now shields are also being put into question. Once shields gets nerfed which it probably will because #NerfSorcs then mag sorcs will be completely useless. Not that it is already a trash class to begin with. Rune Cage at least allowed us to at least put some sort of pressure in pvp. With it now being completely nerfed in werewolf update now we're back to stamina classes dominating or duo heavy templar/dk comps domination the high MMR BGs.
    Edited by wuka91 on August 18, 2018 4:54PM
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright, look. I primarily play magsorc, but I actually pay attention to my opponents in pvp and notice what they can and cannot counter on average for every class.

Changes I would recommend for sorc:
    1. Give Crystal Fragments the 2s stun back. (pvp morph) The counterplay is to dodge, block, or REFLECT the projectile.
    2. Give Crystal Blast the instant cast and reduced cost effect from cFrag, remove the stun, leave the AoE. (pve morph)
    3. Rune Prison should be reworked into a class DOT delivered by projectile (sort of like vampires bane). Remove the stun completely
    4. Reduce the penalty on Bolt Escape to match the penalty on dodge roll. I agree you shouldn't be able to bolt escape forever, but the current penalty is too high.
    5. Remove the AoE stun from the scamp.

So this is gonna sound stupid to some people, but the counterplay to shields is to just deal damage (especially as a stam since you don't refund their harness). A sorc in pvp cannot afford to let much damage get through to the health bar because heals are low without major compromises to damage, so if you are applying consistent pressure, then most of the sorc's mag goes to shielding or streaking to reposition rather than attacking you.

The big thing to remember about pvp is that some classes have advantages and disadvantages in different situations and that's okay. Sorcs can counter dodge roll with streak, but we have nothing to drop block without rune cage (or vamp drain), and we do not have a class defile to counter healing, curse and fury debuff are purgeable, we don not have a class purge, we do not have a class snare or snare immunity (okay the atro ult snares the target)... and this is GOOD because it allows certain classes and builds to do well against Sorcs naturally, but it does not completely negate the skill needed by either player.

(Bad design is the previous patch's 5 second unavoidable rune cage which brings a clear advantage to magsorc)

High Damage skill that have a stun/snare/whatever, are not the problem for one one basic reason... if you remove the Stun from the damaging attacks (which are blockable and dodgeable typically), then you need to place a stun on another skill that doesn't deal damage... but in order for that non damage skill to be WORTH CASTING it needs to be really good at what it does... ie unblockable/undodgeable, which is how we wound up with the bull**** rune cage from last patch.

The main reason the above statement is true (compared to other MMO's) is the presence of active defenses with dodge and block and break free at will. If we could not do these things then high damage CC's would indeed be completely unfair.

As many have already stated, shields in PvE are not the problem for healers and imo neither are self heals. There are mechanics in this game that absolutely overwhelm dps self heals and shields are primarily to avoid 1-shots and BUY TIME FOR THE HEALERS to do their job. Ask any real end game healer, and they are grateful to dps who take the initiative to protect themselves.

If ZOS went full nerf hammer and made shields all but useless, end game healers would essentially be relegated to healing spring bots. I'm going to assume most of them would not like that very much.
    Edited by Drummerx04 on August 18, 2018 5:25PM
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    HankTwo wrote: »
    @Ragnarock41
    Some stam DK friends of mine already switched to medium armor some time ago and they do pretty well with it in no CP open world + BGs. Otherwise, I mostly agree with those statements about dizzying swing. The skill just feels too clunky and can easily be countered by speed, which is even more so a problem with swift jewelry around.

Btw, I think you are confusing hardened armor with the stone giant animation.

The ones I see in no-CP were mostly proc Dks with sloads+viper, also very often master dw too, which is a playstyle that works on any class with no effort or skill required , Does not require medium armor at all to function either really.(I very often witness those new wave stamDks getting two shot by magsorcs or stamblades, yet they say left and right about how good of a player they are, nothing but classic proctards I would say.) The only saving grace of medium armor is the mobility and reduced costs imho. And at that point, whats the point of playing stamDK over a stamblade, If I'm going to get my dots from sets? At the very least stamblade can amp up passives for sets like sheer venom or viper with their class passives, but DK has no access to that either.

[Edited for removed content]
    Edited by ZOS_Mika on August 20, 2018 3:04PM
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other issues brought up:
    • Absorb Stamina glyphs doing magicka damage went on the list to be changed.

Whoever brought this up is my hero.
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why do small daggers and range light attacks do more DPS than huge Axes and melee light attacks? Melee has a hard time Vs. opponents using Swift jewelry. ZOS says they will look more closely into Duel Wield Vs. Two-Handed damage

@masel92 thank you for bringing this up. It was one of my biggest complaints about the Summerset light attack changes in that they nerfed 2h. Here's to hoping 2h can finally be on equal ground to dw and staff in endgame pve

Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think the notes look good and I don't understand all the hate. I actually agree with most of the points made.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the notes look good and I don't understand all the hate. I actually agree with most of the points made.

Almost anything, except for maybe 1-2 lines from all Rep Notes together, are good and needed changes.
    What's frustrating is the speed at which we see changes being done by the devs and in which order they touch things, this has nothing to do with the Reps who do a great Job.
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've lost all faith in this program. It's clear that Zenimax doesn't know how to balance Mag Sorc and the reps have little impact or useful feedback to provide on this issue.

Your PvP mag Sorc "ratings " are just lol. Like please. Mag Sorc has more mobility than Mag Blade? Sure bud. Better defense than Mag Blade, Mag DK, Mag Warden and Mag Plar??? Lol sure bud. Mag Sorc has best sustain of all Mag classes? Wow. Just wow.

Did the Mag Sorc class rep resign? Who in the program actually plays this class in outnumbered PvP? Surely they didn't provide input onto those "ratings"...

The class does not function without an effective stun. Period. Right now, our only viable stun is blockable, dodgeable, reflectable,requires DSA farming, and still is worse than old frags, a skill that was nerfed so "people will try the other morph". How is that acceptable? How does ZOS plan to address that? It's no where in the notes. No where

And these are old issues fellas. You've had months to address it. You're getting nowhere. That's failure. Plain and simple.

I've been as constructive as I can. I'm not bashing or baiting anyone. But you've got to call it like you see it. This is failure personified.

Ratings are based on community feedback as the entries are done by players, so they're not "ours", they're more yours than ours for example. You could've entered your own opinion to counter what you disagree with.

Your opinion apparently does not match the majority of feedback we received, otherwise they'd be on there :wink:

The bulk of people active on the forums are pvp'ers. Thus, the majority of feedback (and the loudest feedback) you receive would logically be from the pvp player base.

By now, most of us should know that the vast majority of people who play this game are pve'ers, a group that is grossly under-represented on the forums when it comes to topics related to builds, skills, armor, weapons, passives, CP, etc.

So, when someone's opinion is not 'represented' by class reps with the excuse that it doesn't match the 'majority's feedback' ... whose to say that it doesn't match the opinion of a sizeable number of the actual majority of the player base (non-endgame pve'ers)? The bottom line is that you can't know whether it does or doesn't, therefore, it seems rather arbitrary to glibly exclude or dismiss a valid viewpoint just because it doesn't fall within the 'forum majority viewpoints.'

As a side note: You should reveal how you arrive at your statistics ... graphs look very nice, but numbers can be misleading. How do you get your numbers? What's the time range, what's the number range, which forum threads do they come from, and are numbers tallied by post or by unique name on a given topic? If an individual player posts the same basic opinion across several different forum topics/threads, is their opinion counted 1x or multiple times? These are just some questions that come to mind when I look at these graphs.
    Edited by Maryal on August 18, 2018 8:01PM
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You agree that MagNB is weaker (bottom tier according to the charts) in PvP than MagWarden and that MagPlar has worse CC options than a MagWarden?
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on August 18, 2018 7:57PM
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, please stay respectful and constructive. As mentioned in the first paragraph, this doesn't encompass every piece of feedback. The goal here is to collect how the majority of players are feeling, and it may not include everything. We want to continue doing this, but respect goes both ways.

Stop nerfing sorc then. Because It's too much. Feeling underground is very nice (no), so stop nerf nerf nerf sorc, ok? You even don't give any alternative after your nerfs.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You agree that MagNB is weaker (bottom tier according to the charts) in PvP than MagWarden and that MagPlar has worse CC options than a MagWarden?

"These are meant to provide the PERCEPTION of players onto how certain classes and specs perform in certain aspects of the game"
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »

"These are meant to provide the PERCEPTION of players onto how certain classes and specs perform in certain aspects of the game"

Yet it is the first & only set of feedback data being submitted and it is meant to provide a basis for the developers (the same developers that are still asking why befoul cp can't be countered by healing bonus cp) to work with (to whatever degree we don't know yet). That basis is already heavily flawed due to method and can only lead to wrong decisions.
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on August 18, 2018 8:24PM
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »

The bulk of people active on the forums are pvp'ers. Thus, the majority of feedback (and the loudest feedback) you receive would logically be from the pvp player base.

By now, most of us should know that the vast majority of people who play this game are pve'ers, a group that is grossly under-represented on the forums when it comes to topics related to builds, skills, armor, weapons, passives, CP, etc.

So, when someone's opinion is not 'represented' by class reps with the excuse that it doesn't match the 'majority's feedback' ... whose to say that it doesn't match the opinion of a sizeable number of the actual majority of the player base (non-endgame pve'ers)? The bottom line is that you can't know whether it does or doesn't, therefore, it seems rather arbitrary to glibly exclude or dismiss a valid viewpoint just because it doesn't fall within the 'forum majority viewpoints.'

As a side note: You should reveal how you arrive at your statistics ... graphs look very nice, but numbers can be misleading. How do you get your numbers? What's the time range, what's the number range, which forum threads do they come from, and are numbers tallied by post or by unique name on a given topic? If an individual player posts the same basic opinion across several different forum topics/threads, is their opinion counted 1x or multiple times? These are just some questions that come to mind when I look at these graphs.

While I agree with all you say concerning the power of and possible drawbacks with statistics I think we don't need to debate wether or not @Masel92 can handle data.

Forum statistic will always only yield a sample for many reasons that just can't be accounted for. However: its the best we got. To make our sample reflecting the situation better, we should encourage other players to become vocal on the forums, not bicker on those summing things up for us ... after works. ;)

Adding to it: maybe numbers already reflect players PERCEPTION perfectly, remember it sums up the views of players playing the same class but maybe very different parts of the game in various constellations. In any way, if their is a bias in these charts, we will surely know as soon as the update 20 drops. If the changes based on the feedback summed up in these charts fails to meet the expectations of the playerbase, they will become vocal about it for sure.
  • GoonyGoat
    GoonyGoat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do not nerf shields because some people think it negates the reason healers are around. They do not. In every trial, in almost every dungeon, in pvp, healers are needed. They are the backbone of any good group. I have heard from healers that they actually appreciate that magicka dps use their shields to help ease their workload in trials and stuff. The healers can't always focus on the dps being careless and not using shields. 98% of the time, the tanks are the focus of the healers, as they're taking the most damage.

So much this, you want healers to be relevant, stop making everything and it's mother use one-shots, it just feels like artificial lazy difficulty and is the reason most my groups prefer to run 3dds and a tank
    Edited by GoonyGoat on August 18, 2018 8:40PM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quantum_V wrote: »
    Hey all!

I just quickly want to talk about the comment on the comparison between heavy, medium and light armorm -- hopefully clarify that a little bit more.

I'm gonna talk for myself now and present my personal opinion. What came to my mind from the meeting is not that ZoS necessarily plans on nerfing heavy armor, but bringing up the utility you get in medium and light. We had an internal meeting a couple of days prior to the meeting with the devs, and we almost unanimously agreed that the balance between the three is pretty good, atleast when it comes to passives and what they offer you for each determined playstyle.

Because of that I believe we wont be getting nerfs to heavy armor, but a possible revitalization of the three armor types. A new balance point for armor. It seemed like they're not looking for a simple "nerf heavy/buff medium light solution", but a rework between the three. No plain nerfs/buffs in a vacuum, but almost like overhauling changes that might alter how each armor piece works, modifications that extend simple changes in passives.

I don't know, ZoS didn't tell us directly what they're planning on doing, whenever they propose a solution (and it will surely be done before the patch hits), we will have a more viable and coherent way to argument in favor or against the changes.

Hopefully that helped clarify somethings!

Let me know if you've got any questions!

I have actually so much to ask, but I can't help but feel depressed at this point.(rightfully so, I've been telling the same crap since morrowind, and all of a sudden they act like feedback means something to them)

If zenimax is thinking to make this happen via armor passives, will they acknowledge and tone down the ridicilous survivability-damage output of nightblades and magsorcs, or are they actually gonna rework the class passives/abilities to allow a better synergy between classes and different armor weights?
  • Shadowmaster
    Shadowmaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    *looks at msorc at top of pvp magicka overall mean*

*nods in agreement*

*moves on*
  • Shadowmaster
    Shadowmaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    MalagenR wrote: »
    Is Wrobel even a real person

100% can confirm dude is pretty cool too just a bit young. Im sure you'd do wonderful at your job where your customers are throwing tantrums about you every day though.

Cheers.

• Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

The feedback was split 49% pvp and 51% pve.

How I get the data? I posted a link to the Google Form just below the charts, they are not tied to the forums or the discords we made in any way. This is purely numerical, quantititative data. People enter their ratings in the form, it is automatically transferred into an excel sheet that I evaluate by calculating mean values for every category and then overall means in every aspect of the game. I will add in a cp question so we can rule out criticism due to "feedback from inexperienced players".

People have been asking me tons of questions here that they could easily answer themselves if they read the post I made on its entirety.

Edited by Masel on August 19, 2018 3:56PM
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • RedRook
    RedRook
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    Alright, look. I primarily play magsorc, but I actually pay attention to my opponents in pvp and notice what they can and cannot counter on average for every class.

Changes I would recommend for sorc:
    1. Give Crystal Fragments the 2s stun back. (pvp morph) The counterplay is to dodge, block, or REFLECT the projectile.
    2. Give Crystal Blast the instant cast and reduced cost effect from cFrag, remove the stun, leave the AoE. (pve morph)
    3. Rune Prison should be reworked into a class DOT delivered by projectile (sort of like vampires bane). Remove the stun completely
    4. Reduce the penalty on Bolt Escape to match the penalty on dodge roll. I agree you shouldn't be able to bolt escape forever, but the current penalty is too high.
    5. Remove the AoE stun from the scamp.

So this is gonna sound stupid to some people, but the counterplay to shields is to just deal damage (especially as a stam since you don't refund their harness). A sorc in pvp cannot afford to let much damage get through to the health bar because heals are low without major compromises to damage, so if you are applying consistent pressure, then most of the sorc's mag goes to shielding or streaking to reposition rather than attacking you.

The big thing to remember about pvp is that some classes have advantages and disadvantages in different situations and that's okay. Sorcs can counter dodge roll with streak, but we have nothing to drop block without rune cage (or vamp drain), and we do not have a class defile to counter healing, curse and fury debuff are purgeable, we don not have a class purge, we do not have a class snare or snare immunity (okay the atro ult snares the target)... and this is GOOD because it allows certain classes and builds to do well against Sorcs naturally, but it does not completely negate the skill needed by either player.

(Bad design is the previous patch's 5 second unavoidable rune cage which brings a clear advantage to magsorc)

High Damage skill that have a stun/snare/whatever, are not the problem for one one basic reason... if you remove the Stun from the damaging attacks (which are blockable and dodgeable typically), then you need to place a stun on another skill that doesn't deal damage... but in order for that non damage skill to be WORTH CASTING it needs to be really good at what it does... ie unblockable/undodgeable, which is how we wound up with the bull**** rune cage from last patch.

The main reason the above statement is true (compared to other MMO's) is the presence of active defenses with dodge and block and break free at will. If we could not do these things then high damage CC's would indeed be completely unfair.

As many have already stated, shields in PvE are not the problem for healers and imo neither are self heals. There are mechanics in this game that absolutely overwhelm dps self heals and shields are primarily to avoid 1-shots and BUY TIME FOR THE HEALERS to do their job. Ask any real end game healer, and they are grateful to dps who take the initiative to protect themselves.

If ZOS went full nerf hammer and made shields all but useless, end game healers would essentially be relegated to healing spring bots. I'm going to assume most of them would not like that very much.

This is exactly the kind of reasonable feedback I hope the class reps can glean from all the freaking out in here and carry to the devs.

Not sure I agree with the AOE removal from superscamp, but can't quibble with anything else here.
  • Iduyenn
    Iduyenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Plz say something about magwarden.

And I think it’s time: every skill should have two initial morphs: stam, mag, health as ressource/scaling

2nd morph, to gain additional effects.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PLEASE, make wrecking blow a instant spammable and keep dizzying swing the same for the others that want the stun
  • xericdx
    xericdx
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that we should all take a chill pill on this :)

First, big thanks to the reps for their efforts. You guys are not paid for this and are not "professional" (as it is not your main work/job).
    There are several good points mentioned in the notes and, in general, I think that ZOS is continuing a positive trend towards better communication and balance in game. Let's not ruin this with un-constructive and insulting feedback.

Unfortunately, I have to agree that the "perception stats" are a bad idea. Statistics (and quantitative data) are either used following some rules to ensure fair representation and minimize biases, or they are not. This survey has good questions and the perception IS important (we play this game for enjoyment, so how we perceive it is key). However, it is not built for ensuring those minimum standards (players can vote multiple times, no randomness, etc.).

The issue is that graphs are very...well...graphical/visual...and grab more attention then plain text. Which will (as it did) attract criticism even if built on solid basis, which, in this case, they are not.

My suggestion is not to use that graph, both because you would not get much use out of such data and because it's a bit suicidal for yourself and will continue to attract a lot of attacks. Especially if you "advertise" it in your first post, which makes people believe this is your best card.
    I know that this is not the case and indeed trust that you have better feedback to give with your experience than with those stats.

Cheers, peace, and keep up the good work

ps: and yes, I agree with other suggestions that damage shields are not the main healer problem :wink:
    Characters
    Primo Aldouine (MagSorc), AD
    Kro'zuc Primo (StamDK), AD
    Primo Leyla, MagDK, DC
    Primo Salazar (MagPlar), AD
    Leyla Softpawn (StamBade), AD
    Shaz Primo (MagBlade), AD
    Marcus Primo (MagDen), EP
    Elonthor Primo (StamDen), AD
    The Red, MagNecro, AD

You like housing?! We have the place for you: Tamriel Homes Guild! Contact me for info (in-game ID @xericdx) or visit our website https://tamrielhomes.com/
    PC EU
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, please stay respectful and constructive. As mentioned in the first paragraph, this doesn't encompass every piece of feedback. The goal here is to collect how the majority of players are feeling, and it may not include everything. We want to continue doing this, but respect goes both ways.

Many people have lost faith and integrity of this program. This is the honest feedback . Some classes only meant for cannon fodder. NB & DKs are like near gods in PVP. DKs are immortal gods with exploitable builds and more buffs in future!!! NB is near gods in PVE & PVP. Instead of balancing , give a free class change token for everyone once every 6 months like other MMOs . Let everyone change class or race as they please and let them play as they like similar to other MMOS and enjoy the game There wont be any balance problem No need to balance anything. Already done enough to unbalance the game .

Take my suggestion only in case if you people want ESO to be competitive in the market.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on August 19, 2018 3:52AM
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stop nerfing sorc then. Because It's too much. Feeling underground is very nice (no), so stop nerf nerf nerf sorc, ok? You even don't give any alternative after your nerfs.

Please leave him or her. Already told this game balance is done by night-blades and its clearly visible and urged everyone to leave sorc as early as possible . Lets all be NBs . Its your fault to make magicka sorc and didn't realize whats going on. Make a NB main before its too late or leave ESO . Its your choice. Its all deaf ears, nothing will change in forums. They dont care how much effort put in levelling up character.

I am a former Magick sorc switched to NB. I realized my mistake of making a magic sorc. I am little lazy & bored to max out as full time main NB character , doing same quests is boring for me. Just left the game for time being.

Ask for a free class change token every 6 months similar to other MMOs. In that way some people effort will be minimized in rerolling alt characters.
    Feedback is for name sack. Nothing going to happen. Tomorrow entire ESO population will be NBs & DKs. This is called as class balance.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on August 19, 2018 6:51AM
  • Didaco
    Didaco
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Power Lash stun does not synergize well with class theme of control. Also want to move away from high burst+stun mechanics

Can someone please explain what this means?
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Didaco wrote: »
    "Power Lash stun does not synergize well with class theme of control. Also want to move away from high burst+stun mechanics

Can someone please explain what this means?

This means that Zos doesn't want abilities to have the option to deal high damage and stun at the same time as this increases the strength and potency of burst a lot in pvp because you don't need a gcd to stun the enemy.

Things like shalks, frags, incap, wrecking blow have been already nerfed to do this.

Some abilities like suprise attack from stealth or power lash still perform that way however