The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Defensive rune change wasn't neccesary (our defence against nbs)

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
It's meant to give breathing room against ganks and bursts and it already has a drawback in that it can be used on a player it wasn't intended to be used on or even a npc. By making it dodgable it wont be effective against the players it is intended for, gankers, who run shuffle. Zos please consider not nerfing defensive rune when rune cage is the in demand version and is more problematic. Defensive rune won't even be worth slotting when rune cage you actually can choose your target.
Edited by Aliyavana on August 7, 2018 10:05PM
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We no longer have any defence against NBs anymore, I'm sorry =(
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »
    We no longer have any defence against NBs anymore, I'm sorry =(

u tested it? The entire point of it was to prevent ganks :/
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They can even land an ability and AC into dodgeroll, or so I've heard. But Evasion gives them a 15% chance too neglect the rune yes.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can even land an ability and AC into dodgeroll, or so I've heard. But Evasion gives them a 15% chance too neglect the rune yes.

Dissappointing that our anti gank tool was removed, thank you for your info
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark days begin for sorcs and magica builds in general. Vigor into Roll Dodge into Sprint into Los... That's the future of pvp.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s not surprising.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh come on... Before summerset 90% of sorcs didn't even slot rune cage or defensive rune and they've managed perfectly, stop acting like suddenly end of the world. No more ez kills, that's all.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Oh come on... Before summerset 90% of sorcs didn't even slot rune cage or defensive rune and they've managed perfectly, stop acting like suddenly end of the world. No more ez kills, that's all.

Before Summerset Sorcs also said that all they are capable of killing is bad players and that some build diversity finally would be nice also. The class is worse than in CWC now if you just look at class skills. And as for diversity, go farm vDSA for that staff again if you haven’t already.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Question and this isn't a troll question ! Say a sorc is running defensive prison and another sorc is running rune cage and attacks the first sorc with that skill do both end up in a cage
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question and this isn't a troll question ! Say a sorc is running defensive prison and another sorc is running rune cage and attacks the first sorc with that skill do both end up in a cage

yes, I ran def rune to counter rune cages
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a crap change. Zero need for it. I'm losing faith totally if I'm honest.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

yes, I ran def rune to counter rune cages

Cheers I might use it on my stam sorc
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stand strong fellow sorcerers. These are dark days. I think they will revert defensive rune. No one cry about that.
    Edited by gepe87 on August 7, 2018 7:55AM
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally rune-cage could´ve stayed the way it is, with a few changes:

* Give it a small cast-time (similar to Dark Deal/Converison) and make it interruptible
    * Add a visual mark to the skill on the target so they know they´re about to get hit by rune-cage.
    * Reduce the range

Regarding defensive rune, I think it should only apply for direct damage.
    Edited by Qbiken on August 7, 2018 7:56AM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the best solution would have been to make it dodgeable, blockable, and only apply if you have hit the opponent with 10 consecutive light attacks before and he is concussed, burning, and chilled and not lower than 80% HP. Counterplay, you know.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

Before Summerset Sorcs also said that all they are capable of killing is bad players and that some build diversity finally would be nice also. The class is worse than in CWC now if you just look at class skills. And as for diversity, go farm vDSA for that staff again if you haven’t already.

Diversity? Like 100% sorcs switched from flame reach to rune cage, is this your diversity? Nope, that's just cheese. And now thanks to cage sorcs were able to kill even easier bad players while the tanky ones are still unkillable, not to mention that other classes struggles to kill as you call it "good players", without undodgeable-unblockable nuke, combined with delayed execute and unavoidable stun that deals damage,which is also delayed (which allows to land skill before target has any chances to react). Yeah, sorcs are in terribad position. Poor mag sorcs, #BuffMagSorcs2018...
    Edited by Mayrael on August 7, 2018 8:11AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buff? Not necessarily. Overhaul? Definitely.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree on that 100%. Also about the diversity. It's the only class that is build almost always the same. That's why I switched from it again. It's simply boring. But defending broken skill is not the right way to fix the class, sorry but no.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Many had defensive rune on their overload bar since bar space is tight on that class. The overbuff to the offensive morph simply made them remorph and put it on their main bars. I had defensive rune on my OL since forever and more than enough times I got caught in it as well. We are on the same server, so it's interesting how out perception differs.

However, with that attitude alone it would be okay to nerf every less used skill to the point where is even less incentive to use them. Sounds wrong, right?
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Many had defensive rune on their overload bar since bar space is tight on that class. The overbuff to the offensive morph simply made them remorph and put it on their main bars. I had defensive rune on my OL since forever and more than enough times I got caught in it as well. We are on the same server, so it's interesting how out perception differs.

However, with that attitude alone it would be okay to nerf every less used skill to the point where is even less incentive to use them. Sounds wrong, right?

Well, sorry because I could be unclear on the case. Rune Cage needed the change, but Defensive Rune should stay undodgeable.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree on that 100%. Also about the diversity. It's the only class that is build almost always the same. That's why I switched from it again. It's simply boring. But defending broken skill is not the right way to fix the class, sorry but no.

I feel people mistake sorcs being angry about the cage change as defending the skill.

People aren´t defending cage. Cage was broken.

But sorc in CWC was broken too. That´s why cage got changed and then buffed. There was a reason for this - that reason is the removal of frags cc destroying sorc build diversity.
    Now the tool to make builds without masterstaff work is gone again (nerfed to a worse state than before).

Sorc is back to square one. Where we started before runecage got added. Makes you think what they´ll overbuff and overnerf next - without understanding the underlying issues of the class.
    Edited by Derra on August 7, 2018 10:45AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dissappointing that our anti gank tool was removed, thank you for your info

Well NBs weren't satisfied with the successful ganks ratio, so ZOS helped them out.

Many NBs probably went mad b/c there were a few sorcs that they couldn't one shot from stealth.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smh. Just smh.

Waiting for the days of DKs and Templars being good again

Also waiting for mag warden to be better than average
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What did defensive rune ever do to anybody they didn't deserve?
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guys keep this page as close to the top as possible so ZoS don't allow defensive rune change to go live.

If used correctly, Defensive rune has always been a counterplay skill to ganks and high bursts, allowing us a second to heal and readjust ourselves before going offensive again. With this change, ZoS is basically removing another skill that offers counterplay.

ZoS, please regard the things said in this thread as no one complained about defensive rune to begin with. It's not like rune prison where that was used to compliment a 20k burst offensive rotation, rendering the opponent useless. This is a purely defensive tool, hence the name, so kindly allow it to continue doing so!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Wrobel
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this affects defensive rune that sucks for Stam sorcs.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Indeed, this change along with sloads not affecting cloak is a buff for nbs. The offensive rune cage was a problem but defensive rune is used for defense against burst and it's drawback is that even guards and pets can eat it.
    Edited by Aliyavana on August 7, 2018 9:56PM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Indeed, this change along with sloads not affecting cloak is a buff for nbs. The offensive rune cage was a problem but defensive rune is used for defense against burst and it's drawback is that even guards and pets can eat it.

Yup. Defensive rune needs to stay undodgeable and unblockable.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• Didaco
    Didaco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guys I don't want so sound like the troll of the situation, but it's not like everyone is going to roll cancel their skills.

A ganker would still have to roll cancel it's opener if they don't want to get caught in the stun, effectively delaying the gank time and giving you the necessary time to recover.
    The change will skew good players from bad ones, imo.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didaco wrote: »
    Guys I don't want so sound like the troll of the situation, but it's not like everyone is going to roll cancel their skills.

A ganker would still have to roll cancel it's opener if they don't want to get caught in the stun, effectively delaying the gank time and giving you the necessary time to recover.
    The change will skew good players from bad ones, imo.

It just doesn’t make any sense. The Sorc is sacrificing a bar slot for a defensive option that has its only purpose to avoid getting ganged up. And now that only purpose is made conditional?