The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Defensive rune change wasn't neccesary (our defence against nbs)

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didaco wrote: »
    Guys I don't want so sound like the troll of the situation, but it's not like everyone is going to roll cancel their skills.

A ganker would still have to roll cancel it's opener if they don't want to get caught in the stun, effectively delaying the gank time and giving you the necessary time to recover.
    The change will skew good players from bad ones, imo.

Or they just preemptively cast shuffle.
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Guys I don't want so sound like the troll of the situation, but it's not like everyone is going to roll cancel their skills.

A ganker would still have to roll cancel it's opener if they don't want to get caught in the stun, effectively delaying the gank time and giving you the necessary time to recover.

Or they just preemptively cast shuffle.

Which won't do anything 85% of the time.

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point you just gotta love players on other classes telling you the nerfs aren’t so bad. Maybe they are actually buffs, who knows. At least if you play another class.

I don’t care for RC. Never did. What I care for is that the class is in a worse state than in CWC concerning class skills now. We took the nerfs, but got nothing instead (and yes, I feel for all the magWardens).
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Wrobel Can you explain the reasoning behind this yet another unnecessary change?
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol I feel guilty about this, this is what happens when you ask ZOS to fix a skill that is broken (rune cage). They nerf the whole skill and it's morphs...

CLASSIC
  • LtBottle
    LtBottle
    ✭✭✭
    So, we talk here about defense against NB gank attack...? Is the sorcerer toolkit THAT LARGE you only have to worry about the next nb who will attack you in stealth? (only if he has used shuffle before and is in 15% chance proc of it....)

Sounds a little crazy.
    Edited by LtBottle on August 8, 2018 6:28PM
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    It's meant to give breathing room against ganks and bursts and it already has a drawback in that it can be used on a player it wasn't intended to be used on or even a npc. By making it dodgable it wont be effective against the players it is intended for, gankers, who run shuffle. Zos please consider not nerfing defensive rune when rune cage is the in demand version and is more problematic. Defensive rune won't even be worth slotting when rune cage you actually can choose your target.

i think the change to this is much needed in zos standards cause automatic play=not fair at all. so making it dodgeable is fairly nice. but you also gotta look at whos gonna be able to tell its actually coming at them
  • Drako_Ei
    Drako_Ei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are going to change it back to normal, make it so DK's spiked armor damage return doesnt proc defensive rune cage
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's meant to give breathing room against ganks and bursts and it already has a drawback in that it can be used on a player it wasn't intended to be used on or even a npc. By making it dodgable it wont be effective against the players it is intended for, gankers, who run shuffle. Zos please consider not nerfing defensive rune when rune cage is the in demand version and is more problematic. Defensive rune won't even be worth slotting when rune cage you actually can choose your target.

I already mentioned in forums to abandon magic sorc as early as possible at any cost . You are wasting your time on garbage class. I have also stated clearly reasons for it. If people think still otherway , its their fault.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on August 8, 2018 7:27PM
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I already mentioned in forums to abandon magic sorc as early as possible at any cost . You are wasting your time on garbage class. I have also stated clearly reasons for it. If people think still otherway , its their fault.

magicka sorcs arent a garbage class their one of the top 3 being number one in line O.o
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DuskMarine wrote: »

magicka sorcs arent a garbage class their one of the top 3 being number one in line O.o

They are the most boring and one dimensional class at least for sure. Strength means the player behind it, not the class.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    magSorcs are still stronger in PvP than any other mag spec except NBs, and even then they have better defensive tools and more group utility.

Stop crying about your “poor useless class” while magDens still exist in their current state.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    magSorcs are still stronger in PvP than any other mag spec except NBs, and even then they have better defensive tools and more group utility.

Stop crying about your “poor useless class” while magDens still exist in their current state.

oh god magwardens need buffed so bad. their horrid
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

It just doesn’t make any sense. The Sorc is sacrificing a bar slot for a defensive option that has its only purpose to avoid getting ganged up. And now that only purpose is made conditional?

Overload bar? Lol
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't say cloak + shades + loads of class hots + light armor shield + resto ward is worse than class shield + la shield + resto ward + streak + rng heals. But okay.

And yes, never forget about the group utility of an AoE Root, 5% spell crit and negate. There I have to agree.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »

It just doesn’t make any sense. The Sorc is sacrificing a bar slot for a defensive option that has its only purpose to avoid getting ganged up. And now that only purpose is made conditional?

Overload bar? Lol

You missed the point completely, but that’s ok. The point about the bar slot was that I can slot something useful instead if DR loses its purpose.
    Edited by Feanor on August 8, 2018 8:09PM
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't say cloak + shades + loads of class hots + light armor shield + resto ward is worse than class shield + la shield + resto ward + streak + rng heals. But okay.

And yes, never forget about the group utility of an AoE Root, 5% spell crit and negate. There I have to agree.

the thing is a mag sorcs survivability with burst and tankiness far exceeds a nb whos just a glass cannon with lots of heals. so utility vs one trick pony cause nightblades really arent tanky unless their in heavy armor you can eat them otherwise but their damage is mental.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its a pointless nerf but not a massively impactful one. Its not often someone rolls the second they hit you, and since it can be proc'd by dots too I think they wanted to stop it being used as a way to pin someone who isn't actively damaging you and trying to escape.

Which I disagree with, because break free.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah :D do you see how stupid is that? :D
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agreed they shouldn't have changed it.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Defensive rune is among the most annoying abilities in the game, but it was balanced. I mean the sorc can't cast it on someone else. The rune cage nerf should be just rune cage. Defensive rune was fine. This game needs more abilities like defensive rune, that are strong at what they are designed for, but have certain drawbacks. That is what creates build diversity.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheValar85 wrote: »

yeah :D do you see how stupid is that? :D

the reason i can see why they made it that way is automatic ability proc is really unfair if you cant defend yourself regularly you need to get skill. some of us deal with gankers the right way every day with no abilities to auto proc and save our skins last second. welcome back to the balance pool boys.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hurr durr, defensive rune OP!!!11!

Logical consequence of this shall be a nerf to Spiked Armor since it's also an automatic ability proc after all, right? :trollface:
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on August 9, 2018 11:08AM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only really annoying feature with defensive rune was that it procs on any damage taken. Would´ve been a little more balanced if it only procced from direct damage abilities. All classes uses some kind of skill that contain a direct damage component, and light-/heavy attacks are also common in PvP.
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is your punishment for Rune Cage mess.
    Deal with it.
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »
    Deal with it.

Except the vast majority of Sorcs never wanted that skill in that version and said so before Summerset.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deal with it.

If Punishment is your idea of balance, I'm really happy none of us has a say in that matter.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deal with it.

If Punishment is your idea of balance, I'm really happy none of us has a say in that matter.

Just ignore it. It’s a player who is thinking Sorc is OP because of Emp buffs too.
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deal with it.

Except the vast majority of Sorcs never wanted that skill in that version and said so before Summerset.

That vast majority, that didn't provides any problems?
    Because, when you met with Rune Cage Sorc it always ends with Death Recap screen, if your spec has no shields.
    At mag NB my only save is Cloak and even it doesn't always helps
    And mag NB has no possibilities to deal huge ton of damage in one timestamp, that Sorcs easily can do with Rune Cage, Haunting Curse and mage Wrath
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!