The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Defensive rune change wasn't neccesary (our defence against nbs)

• rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A whole thread about defensive rune and no one mentions that people that abuse it will constantly stun you every new cast if a dot is on them. Sometimes, it seems, you will have to deal with them stunning you from a million meters away when you don't even have a dot on them.

It's should only proc on direct damage. It should not be allowed to be abused to stun someone over and over and over well after they actually attacked you. It should also have a range.

ZOS knew there was an issue with defensive rune, they were just mislead into thinking it was something else and made a change. Wrong change, and it's all on the deceivers trying to obfuscate things for their benefit.

I've seen swallow soul on one person turn into 3 stuns. It's not even doing damage, it's not actually a dot. But the hot portion allows them to stun you over and over. It's been broken for a long while and here we are with a thread on pts about it and no one saying a thing about how stupid and broken it is... just crying about a little balancing of it.

The only question is are people abusing it or is it just broken. Are they actually reapplying it to stun you over and over or is it not dropping after damage?

I didn't know swallow lasted for 16+ seconds...

Yeah, it doesn't.

It's like 10 seconds for the hot and the damage portion is instant damage with no dot.

Even so, cast it on someone abusing defensive rune and you will be out of stamina by the 3rd break free. I've seen it done repeatedly from someone that ran away at super duper stam sorc speed when they were out of range of any ability in game and well past any dot/hot that was active.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A whole thread about defensive rune and no one mentions that people that abuse it will constantly stun you every new cast if a dot is on them. Sometimes, it seems, you will have to deal with them stunning you from a million meters away when you don't even have a dot on them.

It's should only proc on direct damage. It should not be allowed to be abused to stun someone over and over and over well after they actually attacked you. It should also have a range.

ZOS knew there was an issue with defensive rune, they were just mislead into thinking it was something else and made a change. Wrong change, and it's all on the deceivers trying to obfuscate things for their benefit.

I've seen swallow soul on one person turn into 3 stuns. It's not even doing damage, it's not actually a dot. But the hot portion allows them to stun you over and over. It's been broken for a long while and here we are with a thread on pts about it and no one saying a thing about how stupid and broken it is... just crying about a little balancing of it.

The only question is are people abusing it or is it just broken. Are they actually reapplying it to stun you over and over or is it not dropping after damage?

I didn't know swallow lasted for 16+ seconds...

Yeah, it doesn't.

It's like 10 seconds for the hot and the damage portion is instant damage with no dot.

Even so, cast it on someone abusing defensive rune and you will be out of stamina by the 3rd break free. I've seen it done repeatedly from someone that ran away at super duper stam sorc speed when they were out of range of any ability in game and well past any dot/hot that was active.

Ah, using your class defensive is abuse again. Every other stun would render you OOS as well as you have to use stam for dodging, blocking or breaking free either way.