The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[vid] Magicka Templar 1vX | Summerset | No-CP | 300+ ping | Light Armour

Taylor_MB
Taylor_MB
✭✭✭✭✭
~~ LagPlar ~~

This is my light armour ranged magicka Templar build specifically designed to play with Australian levels of ping. Awesome DPS and amazing survivability solo, with the ability to seamlessly transition to group play. Key features that allow this build to work effectively with high ping-
1) No sweeps
2) Full complement of ranged damage abilities allowing you to immediately get the upper hand at the start of an engagement
3) High defensive capabilities through Wizard's Riposte and sword and board (with enough stamina + sturdy for prolonged outnumbered defense)*

You can find my slightly outdated build video here. I've recently swapped Transmutation out for Wizard's Riposte as I've been soloing more extensively (with Witch Mother's and 3x spell damage glyphs instead of tri-stat with 1x regeneration). In brief-
5x Wizard's Riposte
5x Law of Julianos
2x Skoria
1x Master's Inferno Staff

Summerset no-CP game play video
https://youtu.be/bcoFXUuivuM
*most of these clips I've dialed my stamina pool down in exchange for more damage

Clip Breakdown

0:00 - Stairway to Death
1 v 2

0:47 - Ain't No 3-way Without Tay!
1 v 4 v 4
1 v 1

1:49 - Defending DC's Keep from EP
1 v 2

2:16 - Scroll Chase
1 v 2

3:09 - Tay's Cubby, No DC Allowed!
1 v 1
1 v 3 (with an execute assist)

3:55 - Field Fight!
1 v 3 (with some classic AD assistance)

5:17 - You Should've Stuck Together :D
1 v 1
1 v 2
1 v 2

6:41 - Highwayman Tay
1 v 2
1 v 1
1 v 2

8:07 - Resource Offensive Defense
1 v 2

8:43 - Death to the Over extenders
1 v 4 (with AD support for the execute)

- Tay
Edited by Taylor_MB on July 30, 2018 10:38AM
PvP Defensive Set Comparison
Firestarter MagDK 1vX
- build and gamplay!
LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
- build and gamplay!
ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
- build and gamplay!
Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
My YouTube Chanel

• HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Props to follow magplars who actually fight solo!
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaruKamui wrote: »
    Props to follow magplars who actually fight solo!

i really should start streaming and do videos....if my pc could...
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Respect for playing with that lag. Your Purifying Light basically has the cast time of Solar Barrage -- yipes.

How much mileage do you feel you're getting out of Defensive Stance? I can't see slotting it in place of Total Dark or Deep Thoughts, especially with a stamina pool that low.

Speaking of which, how many Sturdy do you run?
    Edited by casparian on July 30, 2018 1:13PM
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a reason you run Julianos over say Shackle for anything other than the crit?

Also, is there a reason you use WMPB instead of CCF?

I see that you rely on mist form but if you could learn to play without that wouldn't you benefit from say, dropping Julies, running Shackle and using CCF - Playing with 1k+ HR , not dropping any recovery because of Shackle bonuses and coming at people with roughly the same damage and better survivability (- the vampire passive, but you have Riposte so)

Nice though, props for running alone.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a deal for ping btw?
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great music
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »

Asia/Pacific/Oceanic thing. We play at 255(if lucky)~450 pings regularly. With lots of BS things like blocking not counting and get CC'd anyways and etc. Or skills never really firing off. And we are playing on NA servers. It is definitely an extra layer of challenge compared to when I played this game in America.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @HaruKamui
    Thanks!

@Checkmath
    Come on class rep! Give us some material :D.

@casparian
    On this version, not much, it's a good pre-fight buff and only mid-fight if people forget to CC.

In CP with tri-stat food or no-CP with regen set + tri-stat food it is absolutely awesome! As i'm sure you know, MagPlar has distinctive offensive/defensive phases which can be hard to break, Defensive Stance can swap these around basically instantly. It breaks an opponents rotation and hits them with an unexpected and long stun (+ damage) that can be very helpful in turning a fight around. Also super helpful to temporarily even the odds.

Going to try elemental drain this weekend though, seeming I've tuned my stamina down.

@BNOC
    Did you mean spell damage? Julianos is there for the offensive, at this stage I'm comfortable with my stamina levels (but if I did drop Mist Form like you suggested I would have to boost it back up).

Cause it costs, basically. I've already resorted to buying tri-pots cause my IC and PvE time (ESO time in general) has been cut so dramatically, is it still hella expensive?

@SilverWF
    No idea what that question is, haha, sorry.

@Neoauspex
    Thanks!
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »

Asia/Pacific/Oceanic thing. We play at 255(if lucky)~450 pings regularly. With lots of BS things like blocking not counting and get CC'd anyways and etc. Or skills never really firing off. And we are playing on NA servers. It is definitely an extra layer of challenge compared to when I played this game in America.

Yes, I know what is "ping"
    But is pretty obvious, that OP has lower ping than it shown in the bottom left corner and (this is more important) 0 packets loss
    I dunno why, but game show wrong ping info.
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    @Checkmath
    Come on class rep! Give us some material :D.

As said, I am sry, but i cant. My pc can not run ESO and some streaming or storing program at the same time....

• BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »

@BNOC
    Did you mean spell damage? Julianos is there for the offensive, at this stage I'm comfortable with my stamina levels (but if I did drop Mist Form like you suggested I would have to boost it back up).

Cause it costs, basically. I've already resorted to buying tri-pots cause my IC and PvE time (ESO time in general) has been cut so dramatically, is it still hella expensive?

No, I meant overall - As you're using destro spammable, I was under the impression that Shackle is probably better than Julianos, when you compared all the bonuses or some other set is as the crit 2/4 is quite moot.- Might not be the case. Actually, after looking at it, I don't think it is unless magicka pool buffs like IL bring its values above and you started running max mag, max hp food maybe. I'm just thinking aloud.

Fair on the price, it is quite dear for people who don't have time to farm gold or whatever! Tri-Pots are still expensive, at least on Xbox.

Nice clips, enjoy a good Templar video.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BNOC
    Thinking out loud is good! I'm always theorycrafting in my head at work, haha. We definitely give it some thought now you've planted the seed.

@SilverWF
    Lower ping? No packet loss? Look at any CC and weep at the delay. Look at all the non-fired light attacks. Performance is way better in Sotha compared to Vivec, but still very rough for high ping players.
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel