Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Daedric Mines and Encase need a Stamina Morph.

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a stamina varient of mages wrath

No

Does magicka really need both execute morphs for mages wrath? The answer is no. Stamina doesn't even benefit to the same level from the implosion passive that magicka does.

Does mag sorc have any other executes?

Stam sorc has dw passives and skills like steel tornado as well a reverse slice and poison injection.

Mag sorc has fury.
    Edited by leepalmer95 on August 9, 2018 2:50PM
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IAVITNI wrote: »
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    Negate can be used by stamina players since the main point is preventing magic (Absorption Field is a great ''stand your ground'' ulti)

Restraining Prison morph of Encase gives vitality up to 6 seconds (again for tanks or support builds). Though you could argue the other morph is unpopular and can be turned into something useful

Defensive rune can also be used by stamina players as a gank defense tool and bringing out Nightblades from stealth.

Hell even Daedric Mines can be used by tanks since each mine triggers the Blood Magic passive (5% hp heal in PVP every 0.5 seconds) and roots the enemy (also works as a deterrent in breaches against pugs)

Everyone suggesting offensive skills and no one considers tanks or supports. Stamina sorcerers have no problem with offense and Dark Magic is for stamina/magicka tank/support players.

Restraining Prison should be left as is. Shattering Prison should have its cost, AoE and number of targets reduced, damage removed but gain a flat 3.5 seconds of Major Vitality. It's used by nobody. Keep it magicka since most class utility skills are mag.

I think Daedric Tomb should work like Curse, where you drop a Mine every 2 seconds. Would actually help magsorcs create gaps. Minefield should be left as is. It's a very popular skill.

Twilight tormentor could become a stamina morph. Have it no longer summon a pet but upon activation the twilight tormentor marks a target that takes x damage and deals twice that to nearby enemies. Damaging the marked target returns 300 magicka with a 5 second cooldown.

Also removing the fatigue cost on Streak would be huge for stam sorcs. Probably the biggest change.

Restraining prison currently give major vitality up to 6 sec.
    Shattering prison would cost less, immobilize less enemies but give 3,5 seconds of major vitality.

I believe you think it would make both morph interesting, restraining prison for 1VX, and shattering prison for 1V1/2 ?

I tried restraining prison on my mag sorc ( on my overload bar ofc) I used it for keep defense, I spammed it near the breaches, some enemies got killed ( by meatbag ) simply because they had no idea how to get out of it ( some tried to break free lol, they never seen this skill ).
    Most of the time they were immune to immobilizations -_-.
    Finally i prefer the psijic bubble, you do not need to stay near the breaches, just use your meat bag catapult, put a bubble and repeat.

I believe shattering prison would be used by stam sorc .. no point to use that on magsorc. Keep the enemy in your hurricane and drain their stamina when they dodge out of it + no need to use essence of vitality anymore. I like your idea.

Restraining prison could be changed, it could be a small dot ( as you said on another dicussion if I remember well )

I would prefer the clannfear to be a stamina morph ( it's a melee pet ) keep the tormentor magicka ... a day maybe they will buff the pet build and change the tormentor special ability for something useful.

I love the daedric tomb idea.
    Edited by Apherius on August 9, 2018 4:13PM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We NEED a Stam oriented morph of overload and maybe even attro. Summoner and Dark Magic need to be reworked to cater to Stam a little bit more. It's about time we had some bloody identity!

why?

Overload escalates with your max resources/dmg spec. Yes, it is affected by elemental expert, but Sorcs do have a 7% extra shock (and physical) dmg.

Attro also receives the buffs you have, so Major brut also increases the dmg of the Attro.

Stamsorc does not have a class spammable, same as stamDK, but sorc passives allow the class to be built way better than stamDK, who has no passive. I mean, sorc bleeds hurt a lot if built properly. Sure, Leap is a Physical dmg skill, which pales in front of DBoS (which also receives a 7% extra physical dmg), on a class that is supposed to be build around poison (and has only 1 passive that increases 4 poison dmg skills in all the game)
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can't have a stam morph for everything. That would be the same as mag sorcs asking for magicka morphs of exclusively stamina skills.

How about more than 1 damage skill. All we have now is hurricane.

An AoE DOT that is affected by 2 passives (one that increases your wpn dmg and the other that increases your physical dmg), and that also provides major ward and major resolve?

Sorcs can bleed you to death, that's one of the best identities sorcs can get... and if you want to make your bleeds even stronger, just put a shock gliph on your weapon. Then you will have true dmg increased a 15% on your objective. Slot slimecraw and the numbers can even rise to 23% extra dmg. Combine with 61 points in Thaum, and the bleeds will rise to a 43% extra dmg. Do you want more? Use Blooddrinker. And I haven't even mentioned crits, neither the Mighty star in the Ritual constelation.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can't have a stam morph for everything. That would be the same as mag sorcs asking for magicka morphs of exclusively stamina skills.

Why? There's plenty of damaging skills in the game that aren't tied to classes, and there's 4 other classes to choose from. Sorcerers are a magical class exclusively, this is why they don't have (almost) any stam morphs.

No they are not a magic exclusive class. Why do you even think that?

I'll ask you three questions, first tell me how would a stamina morph of daedric mines make sense? You contract your muscles and poop out a few on the ground, then your opponents walk in and take disease damage? Some kind of traps like in fighters guild?

Of course sorcerers are a magical class, ask anyone who never played ESO but knows a thing or two about D&D stuff 'hey, what do you think a sorcerer does on the battlefield?' and count how many times someone answers 'they go with a sword & shield, a bow and cast spells that require strength and agility!'.

My second question, why would you think they're not a magical class?

And finally third question, why do you think there's only 2 stamina morphs out of 15 skills (not counting ultimates)? Because players have been bugging them for a long time and they finally gave them at least 'something' to use, so they don't feel like they're not being listened to. In reality, as I said, you want a Battlemage class.

Wow... just wow. Read the class rep notes. Stam classes have a problem with too fiew abilities, every stam class plays almost the same in pve, pvp is okay because mag acts as utility skills. You clearly only play magicka classes and have huge BIAS. Stam classes just want some class identity and stam sorcs lack it a lot. We don't need 8 more skills, just 2-3 and there is plenty of opportunities to do so.
    Xvorg wrote: »

An AoE DOT that is affected by 2 passives (one that increases your wpn dmg and the other that increases your physical dmg), and that also provides major ward and major resolve?

Sorcs can bleed you to death, that's one of the best identities sorcs can get... and if you want to make your bleeds even stronger, just put a shock gliph on your weapon. Then you will have true dmg increased a 15% on your objective. Slot slimecraw and the numbers can even rise to 23% extra dmg. Combine with 61 points in Thaum, and the bleeds will rise to a 43% extra dmg. Do you want more? Use Blooddrinker. And I haven't even mentioned crits, neither the Mighty star in the Ritual constelation.

All of your comments had everything to do with PVP, in PVP stam sorc is okay, we miss a lot of built in buffs/debuffs but the passives are nice enough for that type of environment and magicka based skills are nice for utility sake which is what is useful in pvp.

In PVE it's a different story. There are tons of abilities mag classes BARELY morph to so there is room for improvement, there is also more passives that work for mag then they do for stam. This whole immersion argument should of been thrown out the window 3+ years ago. Being able to have an Atro ult that scaled off of our cp for PVE would be a great start.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on August 9, 2018 8:47PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc needs a class stam ult... why does it not have one yet when all other classes do
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    _Ahala_ wrote: »
    Sorc needs a class stam ult... why does it not have one yet when all other classes do

Sorcerers
    • Stamina based sorcerers are unhappy they don’t feel much they get much out of the class as Hurricane is the only damage ability they used.
      • The idea of a stamina Air Atronach morph (ala Ra Kotu from Hel Ra) was mentioned by several people.
      • Also a number of sorcerer passives don’t help the Stamina sorcerer

from [Class Reps] Meeting Notes - June 7.
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »

Sorcerers
    • Stamina based sorcerers are unhappy they don’t feel much they get much out of the class as Hurricane is the only damage ability they used.
      • The idea of a stamina Air Atronach morph (ala Ra Kotu from Hel Ra) was mentioned by several people.

That would breathe some life back into the class
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »

Sorcerers

That would breathe some life back into the class

stam sorcs are amazing on their own as it is. but i have to say in every class your always forced to go stam weapon abilities cause of the lack of class stamina morphs. so making more stam morphs for magic dominated classes to give some variety would make life alot better
  • Ampnode
    Ampnode
    ✭✭✭✭

Why? There's plenty of damaging skills in the game that aren't tied to classes, and there's 4 other classes to choose from. Sorcerers are a magical class exclusively, this is why they don't have (almost) any stam morphs.

No they are not a magic exclusive class. Why do you even think that?

I'll ask you three questions, first tell me how would a stamina morph of daedric mines make sense? You contract your muscles and poop out a few on the ground, then your opponents walk in and take disease damage? Some kind of traps like in fighters guild?

Of course sorcerers are a magical class, ask anyone who never played ESO but knows a thing or two about D&D stuff 'hey, what do you think a sorcerer does on the battlefield?' and count how many times someone answers 'they go with a sword & shield, a bow and cast spells that require strength and agility!'.

My second question, why would you think they're not a magical class?

And finally third question, why do you think there's only 2 stamina morphs out of 15 skills (not counting ultimates)? Because players have been bugging them for a long time and they finally gave them at least 'something' to use, so they don't feel like they're not being listened to. In reality, as I said, you want a Battlemage class.

Wow... just wow. Read the class rep notes. Stam classes have a problem with too fiew abilities, every stam class plays almost the same in pve, pvp is okay because mag acts as utility skills. You clearly only play magicka classes and have huge BIAS. Stam classes just want some class identity and stam sorcs lack it a lot. We don't need 8 more skills, just 2-3 and there is plenty of opportunities to do so.
    Xvorg wrote: »

All of your comments had everything to do with PVP, in PVP stam sorc is okay, we miss a lot of built in buffs/debuffs but the passives are nice enough for that type of environment and magicka based skills are nice for utility sake which is what is useful in pvp.

In PVE it's a different story. There are tons of abilities mag classes BARELY morph to so there is room for improvement, there is also more passives that work for mag then they do for stam. This whole immersion argument should of been thrown out the window 3+ years ago. Being able to have an Atro ult that scaled off of our cp for PVE would be a great start.

I believe the idea of why there shouldn't be an equal, or close to, amount of stamina class morphs as there are magicka class morphs, aside from "immersion" reasons, is because look at how many magicka weapon skill lines there are compared to stamina weapon skill lines. Create more stamina class morphs and it means magicka will also "play the same." It can be implied that ZOS intends for stamina to rely mostly on weapon skill lines for skills/passives.
    PC NA - CP640+

Characters:
    Amp - Magicka Nightblade
    Amp - Magicka Sorcerer
    Amp - Magicka Templar
    Amp - Stamina Dragonknight
    Amp - Stamina Templar
    Amp - Magicka Dragonknight
    Amp - Stamina Sorcerer
    Amp - Stamina Nightblade
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just wow, what are you talking about?

I play all mag & stam specs for many years now. I played stam sorc even in 1.5 and before, long long long before 'hurricane' was even a thing or there were more than 1-2 stam sorcs on the whole megaserver, which was at the time (and probably still is) the most populated platform in ESO, way before console even released.

So don't accuse me of bias and listen to what I'm telling you and consider it for a moment.

This is not about stam classes, this is about players asking for stamina morphs for EVERYTHING. Today it's daedric mines, tomorrow it's encase, day after that it will be stam frags, then we'll have players ask for stam shields and so on and so on, the point is, it's not the way the game's built or envisioned.

Players will push and push and push and the same thing will happen that happened with sets. A mess that no one can balance anymore.

So as I said, you can't have stam morphs for everything. I'm really sorry.

The guy that asked for more damaging skills, well, open up the skills menu and pick your preferred weapons. You have one handed & shield, two handed, dual wield, bow, few misc skill trees with lots of stam abilities and morphs, it's enough. The reason why most class skills are magicka, is because most weapon skills are stamina. It's really simple.

You want more? Roll a different stam char, pick your class and play both. You can level up literally in 4-5 hours these days, add another 2-3 days to level up skills, guilds, collect lorebooks/skyshards and voila, your char is permanently ready in less than 5 days without even rushing. For an MMO, that's damn fast.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not against build diversity but as the LegendaryMage wrote - stamina has literally 4 weapon lines + fighters guild (which is way better than mages guild) + many class passives and some class skills, actually sorcs have one of the best skills for stamina toons everyone is forgetting about - dark deal, and as someone mentioned stam sorcs can already use encase, mines or rune cage but they refuse to because they want to save their magicka to be able to use dark deal which is extremely powerful on stam toons.

In general stam sorcs have many tools that they can use from class toolkit, but due to far superior character of dark deal they refuse to.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    I'm not against build diversity but as the LegendaryMage wrote - stamina has literally 4 weapon lines + fighters guild (which is way better than mages guild) + many class passives and some class skills, actually sorcs have one of the best skills for stamina toons everyone is forgetting about - dark deal, and as someone mentioned stam sorcs can already use encase, mines or rune cage but they refuse to because they want to save their magicka to be able to use dark deal which is extremely powerful on stam toons.

In general stam sorcs have many tools that they can use from class toolkit, but due to far superior character of dark deal they refuse to.

In other words, they wanna have their cake and eat it.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

In other words, they wanna have their cake and eat it.

Exactly.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh, using stamina for magic is an abomination. And this game has the stam 'magic' and very not lorefriendly.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No

Does magicka really need both execute morphs for mages wrath? The answer is no. Stamina doesn't even benefit to the same level from the implosion passive that magicka does.

Actually Implosion benefits stamsorc better then magsorc. Stamsorc uses almost only physical dmg abilities when magsorc is mixing most of the time shock with magic and flame dmg. There are even stamsorcs using shock dmg enchant or/and Stormfist monster set just to increase amount of implosion procs and proc both physical and shock dmg which magsorcs cant do. If You'll compare implosion procs on magsorc vs stamsorc You'll see stamsorc is getting more from it especially in PvE. Also implosion tooltip scales out of health so neither magicka or stamina is favoured.

Edited by Juhasow on August 10, 2018 11:42AM
  • Gallagher563
    Gallagher563
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't understand why so many of you are so against the idea of more Stam morphs for Sorcs. If Sorcs could have the same sort of Stam morph percentage as nightblades that is all I want. I am tired of slotting the exact same skills on every stamina character.
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No

Endless fury is the most broken and cancerous excecute in the game. It’s delayed glitch undodgeable random explosion that procs from random takes no skill and is thumbless just like magsorc. A class that requires no thumbs. Imagine if stamsorcs has a broken delay rng undodgable execute that’s just goes off randomly. You already have implosion and all stamsorcs damage is physical so it procs plenty. You don’t need another thumbless rng proc no skill excecute. You know your class is broken when you have a passive that’ guarantees a free 7k excecute. Stamsorcs are just fine the way they are. Plenty of damage with hurricane, dawnbreaker, and the dual wield/2H skill line. You have 3 executes at your disposal. Reverse slice, whirlwind, and implosion. Hurricane literally makes you a walking cloak detector, you have speed and dark deal which gives you amazing sustain. Your class is just fine how it is. Learn to be good at it instead of begging for “I win buttons”

It is also the slowest execute with the longest animation.
  • Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭

wow wow Ali calm down, you want a 3rd execute? xD
  • Gallagher563
    Gallagher563
    ✭✭✭
    Hixtory wrote: »

wow wow Ali calm down, you want a 3rd execute? xD

No StamSorcs would not have 3 executes. From a pve standpoint implosion is all we have. No one runs steel tornado to execute in pve. Second in PVP we do have an execute in weapon skill lines but we have no class identity. A class execute would not make a big difference in PVP but would help in pve where they are falling behind stamblades.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamina sorc was never intended. Just wannabe elitist that started playing as stam.

Current form for sorc is perfect split PvE and PvP. No room for your so called stam morphs.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »
    Stamina sorc was never intended. Just wannabe elitist that started playing as stam.

Current form for sorc is perfect split PvE and PvP. No room for your so called stam morphs.

Before game release they were adevrtising it as a game where You can be mage in heavy armor swinging a 2 handed sword and as a game where You can play however You want and like so I think it covers stam sorc.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And ar the start we had tons and tons of hybrids.

So a heavy amor greatsword wielding sorc using stam for wep attacks and magica for magic. Still no room for STAMINA morphs on a spellcaster.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Gallagher563
    Gallagher563
    ✭✭✭

So a heavy amor greatsword wielding sorc using stam for wep attacks and magica for magic. Still no room for STAMINA morphs on a spellcaster.

Then how about we do away with all magicka skills on a Dk or a Templar. They should be non magicka if you want to go on stereotype. But that is not how the game is made. Every class is meant to be played as either a Stam or magicka variety.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina builds already have more Weapon skill lines than magicak builds. There doesn't have to be a stamina version for every magicka ability.

And as mage already pointed out, stamina sorcs are a ridiculuous concept. Just look at hurricane ... sure using your muscles turns you into lightning and makes the air around you circulate. You want stamina abilities, use weapon skills! They that are more abundantly available tostamina builds and make a whole lot more sense.

Then how about we do away with all magicka skills on a Dk or a Templar. They should be non magicka if you want to go on stereotype. But that is not how the game is made. Every class is meant to be played as either a Stam or magicka variety.

Yeah ... firebreathing and healing people with some form of energy is clearly based on flexing your muscles. You should let the doctors know, they got medicine wrong the whole time.
    Edited by Galarthor on August 12, 2018 4:22PM
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really? Says who, you? And why is this true for sorcerers, because there's 1 (and later 2nd) stamina morph in 4 years?

You clearly do not understand how class archetypes work and why some have stam morphs and others don't.

Here's a little fun tip for you. Go on char creation screen and for class click Nightblade for example. Then use preview with veteran armor on. What do you see? A medium armor assassin. Try a sorcerer now and enlighten me pls?

Now just because a Nightblade can be played as a sort of a 'bloodmage' type that focuses on siphoning magic, doesn't mean that the sorcerer now HAS to be focused on stamina to mimic the NB. That's the difference that you need to understand. One class being dual in nature doesn't mean the other has to be as well.

I told you before, a Battlemage class is most likely in the works, someone has datamined the info, they will probably add it in the future as a part of another chapter. So let's not try and make sorcs into something they're not in the meantime.

Edit; @Galarthor I'm flexing dat bicep now and there's lightning everywhere! Oh wait, it's just the storm outside. Nevermind...
    Edited by LegendaryMage on August 12, 2018 4:50PM
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [
    Edit; @Galarthor I'm flexing dat bicep now and there's lightning everywhere! Oh wait, it's just the storm outside. Nevermind...

Damn @LegendaryMage, guess I can quit the gym ... won't be throwing Lightning Bolts anytime soon I guess :disappointed: