The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What makes incap OP?

Irylia
Irylia
✭✭✭✭✭
Pick which part of incap pushes the skill over the edge (performs better than the rest) in your opinion and why.

What makes incap OP? 129 votes

The cost
17%
ArobainSpringt-Über-ZwergeFettkeewlSheezabeastDurhamDraxysLord-OttoWaffennachtAverageJo3Gam3rBeardimusJhalinNordSwordnBoardAmdar_GodkillerWhoThenNow7Zodiac_Walks_With_Kagoutichris211HeresyallLichbourne90del9 23 votes
The 20% dmg buff
22%
rileynotzb14_ESOemma666RickterSkoomahMinalanMrTtheDKCaza99Emma_Overloadsix2fallNBrookusJormasaurusSnowZeniaCyrusAryaRajinPVPAnkael07NateS4JoshlenoirLjAnimalchinVizikulSky_WK 29 votes
Major defile
19%
KoensolWingRagnaroek93XvorgDefiltedSleep724LizardThixvimkylewwefanSun7danceNarvuntienDeep_01IryliaTheDoomsdayMonsterSiaettoFakeFoxLeagueTrollrocket343BaneOfBattlerThogardTheYKcid 25 votes
Stun
40%
ZelosSolarikenJdrayarkansas_ESOkaithuzarWuffyCeruleiIruil_ESOBleakravenSeptimus_MagnaValen_ByteCheloJoker99Thestephenmcraeub17_ESOTilleroeshiIdinuseDDukekollege14a5ApheriusTheRealSnikerusmcjdking 52 votes
The initial damage
0%
  • Xuhora
    Xuhora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well... the combination of ALL OF THEM?
    I'm sorry, but i really like the changes they made with wolfhunter
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think Incapacitating Strike over performs.

If a person wants to use a dodgeable, telegraphed ultimate with the potential to gain a stun, defile, and damage boost against one target and give up team assistance, multi-target, ultimate with less counters, defensive ultimate, or healing ultimate, then they should go for it. That is exactly the point of choosing one ultimate over another. Sacrifice [x] to gain [y].
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not OP. You should have listed that as a possible answer as well.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a classic scenario of "heads I win, tails you lose".

Why even bother with a poll if this purpose is to inquire to what degree do people agree with you.
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major defile
    Lol knew all the nightblades would come in.
    “ItS nOt Op”
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stun
    It's the stun. If you think about it the only difference between incap and soul harvest is the stun. Most people think incap is broken and soul harvest is fine, and the stun is the only difference between those two abilities
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 20% damage buff is OP, stun + defile + good initial damage is all fine for a dodgeable single target ulty at that cost.

But once you factor in the additional damage modifier it provides, then it's a bit too much. Usually a relentless proc right after incap, and if it crits, gg hf. I'd be totally fine if it always stunned but the 20% damage bonus was removed.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk what is overperforming here..I as stamblade even not using that often incap than DBoS
    my incap is just mor time dodget tha getting hit if I dont hit someone with it on cc or from stealth and here I much more prefer DBoS because of undodgable stun + also great dmg with not bad dot
    incap for me is great only against damn tanks/healbots and then maybe for people in cc by someone other before or in choas so people just cant see everything

TL;DR
    I as stamblade preffer more DBoS than incap (if not fighting against tanks/healbots) because its unddodgable with even better direct dmg hit with dot and uou are 100% sure someone wonth dodge this etc
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stun
    It's the stun, but also the speed at which you can Incap and follow up.

The stun nerf is bittersweet for me - it totally wrecks my combo on my stamblade but I also know how broken it was.

I would rather they keep the stun and just scale the damage based on how much ult you have saved. That way you can't full-bang someone hundy-zero every 10 seconds lol.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not seeing it coming?
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Not seeing it coming?

That's irritating, but not unique to Incap. It's frustrating when your character suddenly freezes and drops dead then you see a dozen arrows hit you all at once. Thankfully the nerf to Incap coming will reduce the effectiveness of its ganking potential.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »
    “ItS nOt Op”

Well when you don't provide an option that disagrees with you how else are people suppose to disagree without commenting?
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think its gamebreaking as others say, being ST, block/dodgable and all. Being able to use it, cloak then *** it out again 10s later is annoying. It is very strong in a lot of places but not specifically OP or targettable.
    • Defile is overtuned in general, minor would be most fair, but then stacking issues (with new crest) exist.
    • 20% increase in damage is very strong but useful for PvE and single target.
    • Stun is strong but managable, also fear/SA from stealth exists.
    • Damage is high, but there is higher, and can be mitigated, and its again a single targetted ult, would nerf for PvE too.
    • Cost is low, but PvE uses this for war machine.
    So aside from the obvious nerf to defiles in general, I don't know what can be done to properly balance it (the stun was half assed change tbh) without hurting it in PvE.
    Edited by ak_pvp on July 13, 2018 4:06PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stun
    “ItS nOt Op”

Nope, NB main here.

The stun on Incap is one of the biggest reasons why the class is too easy to play. It basically means you have a two button burst combo (Incap->Relentless) since you can land the Relentless with that Incap stun on target and prevent (most of) them from reacting before they're dead.

It's basically dragging down the skill floor of the class, like Rune Cage is doing to Sorc.

Atleast next patch this'll be addressed and NBs will need more complex skill rotations to get kills (and hopefully some will move on to play other classes when they find out it isn't easymode anymore).
    Edited by DDuke on July 13, 2018 4:12PM
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    “ItS nOt Op”

You haven't given a logical reason that supports your assertion that Incap is OP. It's clear as day to me why it isn't.

Incap is a dodgeable, telegraphed, melee range ultimate with the potential to gain a stun, defile, and damage boost against one target, which means the user gives up team assistance, multi-target, ultimate with less counters, defensive ultimate, or healing ultimate.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major defile
    Cost and defile.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The combination of defile+damage taken debuff, and the bursty nature of stamden, making it too hard to recover from it.

When the next patch comes live, you will realize that stamblades are even stronger due to all the indirect cloak buffs.
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pick which part of incap pushes the skill over the edge (performs better than the rest) in your opinion and why.

The rest? Is there another gank opening ultimate I am unaware of?

I guess there is the EP guy on PCNA running round doing 22k two hander ultimates to folks but he is massively running cheat engine on that.

Incap strike is a unique and powerfull ultimate so we should probably nerf and wreck it like anything else that is unique in class skill sets.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stun
    I can't remember any complaints about the ultimate until they made the stun guaranteed. It's had a cheap cost (used to be cheaper), high damage, and reduced healing since the game came out.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The cost
    The stun is the worst offender, but Dawnbreaker does that as well. It's just the combination of stun, damage, defile and empower at a lower cost than ultimates that do half the stuff, that pushes it over the top.
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stun
    Solariken wrote: »
    It's the stun, but also the speed at which you can Incap and follow up.

The stun nerf is bittersweet for me - it totally wrecks my combo on my stamblade but I also know how broken it was.

I would rather they keep the stun and just scale the damage based on how much ult you have saved. That way you can't full-bang someone hundy-zero every 10 seconds lol.

I was hoping they’d introduce a scaling factor like this back into the ability. It used to work similarly. Would have required more work, though, and the change they’ve put on pts introduces more than enough counterplay to take the edge off the ability. I will miss not having to think so hard about comboing though. XD
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stun
    It's the combination of all 4 tied into the follow-up damage. The one second it took you to breakfree was enough time for most stamblades to outright finish you - fights would end before they really began.

On live, a stamblade essentially has/her his entire bar of EHP to one-combo you back to the keep. Now incap from a secondary player or from a player in an advantageous situation won't quite have the presence it did, needing to be chained off the back of fear or SA stun from stealth for maximum efficiency.
  • kollege14a5
    kollege14a5
    ✭✭✭
    Stun
    but i think ill switch to DBOS after the nerf
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other: the lack of target's skills.
    Seriously, i get incapped as much as the average and can survive most of the times.
  • BillNye_Eso
    BillNye_Eso
    ✭✭✭
    f047ys3v3n wrote: »

The rest? Is there another gank opening ultimate I am unaware of?

I guess there is the EP guy on PCNA running round doing 22k two hander ultimates to folks but he is massively running cheat engine on that.

Incap strike is a unique and powerfull ultimate so we should probably nerf and wreck it like anything else that is unique in class skill sets.

People like you shouldnt be posting on the forums
    "He did something that i dont know how to do, hes probably cheating and an exploiter"
    PC Na
    Animosity Founder
    Ep Orc Stam Dk
    Only believes in 10k+ Leaps
    Changed to Warden since Dk is dead class
    Changed back to dk since dead inside
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stun
    The 20% damage buff is OP, stun + defile + good initial damage is all fine for a dodgeable single target ulty at that cost.

But once you factor in the additional damage modifier it provides, then it's a bit too much. Usually a relentless proc right after incap, and if it crits, gg hf. I'd be totally fine if it always stunned but the 20% damage bonus was removed.

This would totally kill Incap as a viable PvE ultimate, because the 20% damage boost is literally the only thing that matters. The damage is paltry and the stun and defile are irrelevant.

Removing the 20% damage bonus is an absolutely awful idea.
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »

This would totally kill Incap as a viable PvE ultimate, because the 20% damage boost is literally the only thing that matters. The damage is paltry and the stun and defile are irrelevant.

To each their own. I find the damage bonus ridiculously OP in PVP when paired with defile and stun.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »

To each their own. I find the damage bonus ridiculously OP in PVP when paired with defile and stun.

It really isn't. Against a target dummy if you use Incap followed by 5 LA weaved surprise attacks then compare that to DBoS followed by 5 LA weaved surprise attacks you'll see that the DoT applied provides more damage than the extra 20% via Incap. For me it Out-DPS Incap by 1.4k DPS, and this is with 81 into Master-at-Arms, and 0 into Thaurmaturge. In a non-CP environment, the DoT from Dawnbreaker would be even more powerful, and against a vampire or WW even more so.

• CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The 20% dmg buff
    Daus wrote: »

It really isn't. Against a target dummy if you use Incap followed by 5 LA weaved surprise attacks then compare that to DBoS followed by 5 LA weaved surprise attacks you'll see that the DoT applied provides more damage than the extra 20% via Incap. For me it Out-DPS Incap by 1.4k DPS, and this is with 81 into Master-at-Arms, and 0 into Thaurmaturge. In a non-CP environment, the DoT from Dawnbreaker would be even more powerful, and against a vampire or WW even more so.

A dummy parse is hardly a valid metric for evaluating pvp performance. What makes that 20% damage buff so damn strong is how it amps burst from skills like surprise attack, assassins will/scourge, and killers blade/impale in a PvP environment. These skills are already some of the hardest hitting ones in the game. Give em 20% on top and it pushes em into a pretty absurd place.

But it’s not any one thing that makes Incap op. It’s the fact that it has all of these things at such low cost on a class that gets 20 ultimate for using a potion. To think it once cost 50 lol.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Daus wrote: »

A dummy parse is hardly a valid metric for evaluating pvp performance. What makes that 20% damage buff so damn strong is how it amps burst from skills like surprise attack, assassins will/scourge, and killers blade/impale in a PvP environment. These skills are already some of the hardest hitting ones in the game. Give em 20% on top and it pushes em into a pretty absurd place.

But it’s not any one thing that makes Incap op. It’s the fact that it has all of these things at such low cost on a class that gets 20 ultimate for using a potion. To think it once cost 50 lol.

Correct, in a PvP environment your enemy doesn't just did there and take it which is another reason why that DoT out-does it because it sticks.

Here's the thing, any source of Major Defile + DBoS is better than Incap. The reason why people slot Incap is for an extra slot, and if it weren't for the fact that Argonians and Bosmers are immune to Major Defile via Disease glyph; I'd be running a Charged Bow with disease while using DBoS.

Incap is a fantastic ultimate but it's not an "I win" button as some claim.