The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Strange Graphics Anomaly

• Melilotta
    Melilotta
    ✭✭✭
    Experienced this last week a few times in public dungeons, in Rivenspire (Obsidian Scar) and some others, can't remember exactly which ones. EU PC.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Outlaws Refuge in Rawl’ka. The fence I had gone to talk to was suddenly standing outside in a desert, with a wide empty vista behind him.

I’ve seen this lately in many different places, including delves, public dungeons, inside buildings like banks and outlaw refuges and out on the landscape. It usually lasts only a few seconds before returning to normal, but it is very disorienting.
    Edited by DarcyMardin on July 14, 2018 2:39PM
  • waistlessrwb17_ESO
    Maelstrom Arena, in stages 3, 4 and 5. For stage 4 the game can enter a state where terrain will disappear and come back at certain camera angles. In the other stages the terrain will randomly disappear for a few seconds, then come back and not disappear again for a while.

Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/RHmc6j9

What's interesting is in my last vMA run it didn't happen in stage 5 but I did get a load screen in the middle of combat, which is a first for me. Could this related to the problem in any way?

Also want to note: for a previous disappearing terrain issue (sanctum ophidia bridge). I solved the problem by adjusting view distance, however this no longer works.
    Edited by waistlessrwb17_ESO on July 10, 2018 2:53PM
  • Ethoir
    Ethoir
    ✭✭✭
    I'm seeing it in Rawl'ka's Outlaws Refuge as well. It "fixes itself" if I'm looking in certain directions. Its quite startling to see large chunks of the ground and walls just up and vanish.

VK6NgHi.jpg

Specs
    Ryzen 5 1600X (Not OC'd)
    2x8GB RAM (DDR4 dual-channel)
    MSI Radeon RX 580 (4GB GDDR5)
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

EDIT:
    I did a test where I closed the game and edited "SET MIP_LOAD_SKIP_LEVELS" to -2. The issue wasn't present when I logged back in and ducked into the Outlaws Refuge.

I closed the game again and restored the mip load thing back to 0 and logged back in. Once again the issue wasn't present when I hopped into the refuge.

This is going to be tricky to reproduce. If closing the game and logging back in fixes it, then there's probably something players are doing that's triggering it? Like swapping between multiple characters too quickly maybe? I have no idea.
    Edited by Ethoir on July 11, 2018 1:52AM
    Participant in the Sanguine's Tester beta group since November 2013.
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    m78v2rp1wrl1.png

5xfi8rxjhlp3.png

• Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    relogging usually fixes the issue for me, but I'm currently unable to fix it in the Sentinel inn. ReloadUI doesn't fix either. Can't complete something thanks to this.

rip decibel
  • Path
    Path
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gah. Associates Zanon's Workshop. Clockwork City.

Really? I've reported 2 incidents out of 7.

Fix. Please!!!
    Edited by Path on July 11, 2018 6:35AM
    Fairy Tales Really Do Come True...Kinda.
  • Exeter411
    Exeter411
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen the bug occasionally over the past week, but this morning it seems worse. Interior of Elden Root went transparent (logging off then on again fixed it) then the interior of Shor's Stone disappeared in everything past the first branch. Logging on and off did not fix this one. Panning the camera around would occasionally restore the graphics, but any mouse movement and the background vanished again.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    We are currently looking into the graphical issues players are experiencing. If you encounter this issue please let us know which areas in game you've had objects, characters, or walls disappear at.

One thing I noticed is that it is not reliably reproducible after game reload/logging to a different character. For example yesterday I had this problem in the bank in Mournhold, but when I went back there (on the same character) after relogging to a few other characters, the problem in that particular location was gone. Another example: today I did a sacrament on one character and had the problem quite severely inside the quest area, but then when I did the same sacrament on a 2nd character (same area, same targets, 10 minutes later), I did not have the problem.

It also doesn't seem to depend on how long you've been logged in, I've experienced this within a few minutes after logging in as well as after a few hours.

It primarily, but not exclusively seems to happen in indoor areas. I've had this numerous times in indoor areas and for a while thought it was restricted to those,. but today I was running up the ramp to the wayshrine in Brass Fortress and everything except the ground disappeared. Come to think of it, perhaps Clockwork City (or just the Brass Fortress) count as sort of indoor areas as they don't have the regular sky as seen over most of Tamriel.

Agree. I had it happen in a certain round of vMA, posted a video, but was unable to reproduce some time later in subsequent runs. Wasn't upset about it though, lol
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • fiftypercentgrey
    fiftypercentgrey
    ✭✭✭
    This has become a gamebreaker for me. Currently, in the Halls of the Dead in Windhelm, I can't see the bridges stairs or pathways and thus fall down and can't complete any quests there. The same in other dungeons, public or group or solo or whatever. Sometimes I can guess where I have to go, but often enough I just can't see it and click around blindly.
    I think I will have to stop playing until this is solved :-(
    ἀπόκρυφος
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still happening to me, especially in dungeons, delves, etc. Annoying.
    forever stuck in combat
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been getting this pretty reliably in the Wayrest bank and in the enchanter/alchemy building in Wayrest. Wayrest Sewers has also been problematic for myself and friends. I've also experienced this in Alinor, though I can't recall a specific building at fault.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’s happening everywhere, for example wayrest sewers room with the harvester is just gone

Best guess is that while tinkering with their multi core function they broke something good and proper
  • dannuckb14_ESO
    I have been having this issue as well. Tonight it occurred in Sisters of the Sand Inn in Sentinel.

wjqn9s3zefee.png
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is no fun anymore :(

33215022vi.jpg
    PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • dannuckb14_ESO
    I got this in Barrow Trench in Greenshade. Almost entire delve was fine, but then the issue appeared near the back when trying to get to the Blanched Russula Cap.

Before the back of the cave:

bpaksxzriqcm.png

And then 5 steps later:

m7xqf8l66ggz.png

Edited by dannuckb14_ESO on July 12, 2018 5:15PM
  • Silent84
    Silent84
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, this is what i get for paying the game :(w2mc6s1in0qw.png
    nj7o4fj69c6a.png
    Edited by Silent84 on July 12, 2018 4:37PM
    Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happens every time me and a group go into the Sapiarch's College. Facing North makes everything disappear except NPCs and long distance objects. Face back South and it all comes back again. I filed 3 separate support tickets, and have not gotten a single response from ESO ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ << ZOS
  • TyroneShoelaces
    This happens to me every time on the final fight of vma when you teleport upstairs, the ring you stand on vanishes and you can't see the red circles on the ground to avoid damage. Makes it extra difficult!
  • Oldar
    Oldar
    ✭✭
    I am experiencing these anomalies since Summerset went live.

For me, it happens when I visit Auridon's Outlaw Refuge as well as in Auridon's Bank. I need to re-log in order to continue my game.
  • MiliStarling
    MiliStarling
    ✭✭✭
    Happening just about everywhere for me as well. More often indoors, but outdoors as well, and usually inside towns.
    I'm on Win7. Tried updating all drivers, which had not effect on the problem.
  • HjorrMundGandr
    HjorrMundGandr
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on a ryzen 1700. I have seen this graphical bug show up just on Summersets release. Ranging from vMA to Pledge Delves and roaming the wilderness. Belkarth seems to have it the worst with a strange flickering that shows up if you are there for more than 10 min. Sometimes sooner. Especially down in the lake area.
    The patch after Summerset initial weeked helped a bit. But this bug shows up now and again. Whole walls will dissapear revealing the terrain underneath. I can even see some of the sloppy geometric terrain raising and lowering the enviro team has done to certain areas. Haha ( makes me think of the FarCry Map editor days).

I have tried OC, and Non OC on my 1700 and neither makes a difference. Still having this issue. Also pressing the shift key makes a strange burst of frame lag. It could be at 70 odd frames but as soon as you press shift it drops for a second or two to about 50-65. While sprinting it will be back to normal. In another post of mine I explain this a little more.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/423158/pressing-the-shift-key-for-sprint#latest
    I can literally stand still in the middle of anywhere with 100+ frames for instance, Spam the shift key and watch the frames drop down to 30 or less. Shift was the only key I was pressing. This bug only became an issue when summerset was dropped.
    I was really hoping that my 16 thread ryzen 1700 would out-preform due to the multicore that summerset brought. But I have noticed more issues on Ryzen since.
    I can also confirm that the I7 -7700k still has the disappearing textures issue but not the sprinting shift key thing.
    I really hope that something can be patched and that Ryzen will get the attention needed? If not ill just turn this into a streaming rig, and unfortunately go with Intel again for gaming. That being said ESO seems to be the only game having this issue with Ryzen though.... Skyrim and Fallout are flawless so to each their own.
    Edited by HjorrMundGandr on July 12, 2018 11:53PM
  • dannuckb14_ESO
    Happened tonight in Thieves Den. Weird because I had visited it 6 or 7 times tonight, but it only happened on one visit.

g4958kqjp4dg.png
  • vometia
    vometia
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me or is this problem getting worse? I seem to be experiencing it more and more often, though it's probably just within the bounds of randomness. It's annoying having to quit and restart in the middle of a dungeon though.
  • vometia
    vometia
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, actually I think it is getting worse. It used to only be in interior areas (at least for me) and now it's also happening in the exterior ones too, and the amount of time between the bug appearing seems to be decreasing, just 10 minutes this time.
  • sittaraha1_ESO
    The missing mesh bug seems to appear in many of the delves across the game. When is there going to be a fix?
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually is anyone who is experiencing this bug try going to the same place on the PTS? It would be nice to know if they are planning to fix it by the next big update.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got this wall of flame infernal view yesterday while entering keep under attack in Cyrodiil.
    GPKXIQP.jpg
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • rashkatheslayereb17_ESO
    Happened in Clockwork City inside Mnemonic Planisphere Upper level west side wing. Identical problem, everything floating in blue nothingness.
    Edited by rashkatheslayereb17_ESO on July 14, 2018 5:58PM
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    After one week still no solution? Dear @ZOS_GinaBruno, this is not very serious, this game is not CandyCrush or StarTrek Online and as a customer I would prefer to have a fully functional one, if possible at all...

There should be someone in the team with some ideas how to solve this problem which affects apparently quite some folks, you guys are intelligent, or? ;)

Thanks for putting a bit more efforts into this, would be cool B)
    PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)