The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Strange Graphics Anomaly

• fiftypercentgrey
    fiftypercentgrey
    ✭✭✭
    Belghast wrote: »
    It didn't start for me until updating to the latest Nvidia drivers. Then on both my laptop and desktop I am seeing this randomly pop up in delves where the room I am in will disappear until I walk through a doorway. Upon walking through the doorway everything successfully shows up again for the new room and the room I just left.
    I am getting this too, in dungeons and other interior areas. I updated the nvidia drivers as well.
    Edited by fiftypercentgrey on July 6, 2018 2:10PM
    ἀπόκρυφος
  • MinnesotaKid
    MinnesotaKid
    ✭✭✭
    Happened for the first time to me last night.
    Western gate in Vivec, PC NA
    The whole gate area disappeared, buildings, shrines and all. Could only see the underlying landscape.
    Only lasted a minute so didn't get a screenshot
    MinnesotaKid

• Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am getting it also! Walls and cave sides disappear. Hard to get out and hard to fight the way through.
  • hawkbs
    hawkbs
    Soul Shriven
    Been getting it in dungeons, delves, just got it doing Dark Brotherhood Daily in Smugglers Den.
  • Nanako
    Nanako
    ✭✭
    Same issue here with NVIDIA GTX 1080. Missing Textures in College of Spiarchs. I am unable to continue the Quest :(
  • WhisperLFE
    WhisperLFE
    ✭✭✭
    Been happening to me recently as well (PC with a GTX 1070). It most often occurs in Summerset and in/around Clockwork City (e.g., just happened when walking near the CWC wayshrine), but I've seen it in Daggerfall as well.
    Edited by WhisperLFE on July 7, 2018 12:05PM
  • sbrite10b14_ESO
    Same problem here.Happens in almost all Delves and had it happen outside in Wrothgar as well. Makes it hard to find exits to rooms sometimes lol.Not sure if it just started happening with the last Nvidia driver update or not which came out last week I believe. Current version is 398.36.
  • Path
    Path
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vulkhel Guard Outlaw Refuge.
    July 7, 2018 around 7:30PM.
    Totally stuck had to port out.
    Fairy Tales Really Do Come True...Kinda.
  • alenae1b14_ESO
    alenae1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I've lost the walls and floor in Traitor's Vault this evening.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is funny in vMA when this happens. Not really.

But it looks like whatever is to spawn is already queued and waiting just outside the arena. I did not pause to get the name for obvious reasons and it corrected itself with the next arena.

But it does happen pretty much anywhere and if with a group it does not happen to everyone so it materializes locally.
    Edited by idk on July 8, 2018 5:35AM
  • Zatacu
    Zatacu
    ✭✭
    I've been getting it the past few days, but it seems to have been better today (I was getting it frequently yesterday and day before). Happened in Shadowfen, Nchleftingth, Eastmarch and other places that I can't remember, but it was very frequent in Shadowfen.
  • Zatacu
    Zatacu
    ✭✭
    I've been getting it the past few days, but it seems to have been better today (I was getting it frequently yesterday and day before). Happened in Shadowfen, Nchleftingth, Eastmarch and other places that I can't remember, but it was very frequent in Shadowfen.
  • Len602302
    Len602302
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having the same issue in Summerset, and it's preventing the main quest from continuing. I would have submitted a ticket, but I can not log into that damn support portal (3rd time this has happened). I always write user / pass / sec. question in text files, so I know exactly what it is. Anyway, here's a screen of the problem. I'll leave a link for a short video capture as well which shows exact location... https://drive.google.com/open?id=1twkdSJYWp86sxUeD3jP7NSdWuMAd4mSS
    aiy43vvllzbp.jpg
  • animeregion
    animeregion
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem but inside buildings like Inn's and shops.

0pe6ne81vw4e.png
  • sargethepoet
    sargethepoet
    ✭✭
    Sister of Sands Inn, Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary, Enchanting Shop in Hews Bane going up to grab Sky Shard over the bank and many more around the world as I do DK contracts.
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blackheart Haven, the first area when you enter the dungeon.
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    We are currently looking into the graphical issues players are experiencing. If you encounter this issue please let us know which areas in game you've had objects, characters, or walls disappear at.

It happens pretty much everywhere. Clockwork City, Auridon, Rivenspire, Deshaan, inside various delves and public dungeons to name a few.
  • sargethepoet
    sargethepoet
    ✭✭
    pq3yz89xc3ix.png
    izrlz2cixgsq.png
    8prkb43wqna2.png

3 shots entering from the harbor manhole entrance to Daggerfall Outlaw refuge 4:03 am 9 July 2018
  • sargethepoet
    sargethepoet
    ✭✭
    Another set of 3 Daggerfall Outlaw refuge From Fences station near entrance.

2or0uc2m472r.png
    l00maftm7mt8.png
    0zgu06yd0ps7.png

I stepped 2 steps to left between first shot and the other 2 only a slight movement of camera to right after second shot created third setup.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They need to fix their damn floors and walls before they kill someone. Scares the bloody LIFE out of me when I'm running through a multilevel place like Traitor's Vault and the floor suddenly vanishes out from under me--this last time I had a pain in my chest and I don't even have a weak ticker. Ye gods. Please.
  • sargethepoet
    sargethepoet
    ✭✭
    Follow up with system report
    2 GTX Titans in SLI Number 2 Does Physics Package 48 GB Kingston Blue RAM, Both CPU and GTX pair Factory unlocked for overclocking CPU running just below 4.0 GHZ. I have a current issue with USB ports disconnecting and Dumping Keyboard and mouse off. I have to re-plug into different ports way to often. IF there is a way to attach the full dxdiag text I do not know where to look in the forum post interface.
    System Information
    Time of this report: 7/9/2018, 04:20:48
    Machine name: GANDOLF
    Machine Id: {9DB31CD6-5F17-42EB-91DA-495E7FED20D7}
    Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
    System Model: System Product Name
    BIOS: 4801 (type: UEFI)
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3970X CPU @ 3.50GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
    Memory: 49152MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 49092MB RAM
    Page File: 11309MB used, 44950MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    Miracast: Available, no HDCP
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
    DxDiag Version: 10.00.17134.0001 64bit Unicode

DxDiag Notes
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.

DirectX Debug Levels
    Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
    DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

Display Devices
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX TITAN
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Type: Full Device (POST)
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1005&SUBSYS_27913842&REV_A1
    Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
    Device Problem Code: No Problem
    Driver Problem Code: Unknown
    Display Memory: 30582 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 6036 MB
    Shared Memory: 24545 MB
    Current Mode: 2560 x 1440 (32 bit) (59Hz)
    HDR Support: Not Supported
    Display Topology: Internal
    Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709
    Color Primaries: Red(0.666516,0.330578), Green(0.310070,0.630383), Blue(0.150891,0.040539), White Point(0.313977,0.329602)
    Display Luminance: Min Luminance = 0.500000, Max Luminance = 270.000000, MaxFullFrameLuminance = 270.000000
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: ASUS PB278
    Monitor Id: ACI27A3
    Native Mode: 2560 x 1440(p) (59.951Hz)
    Output Type: Displayport External
    Monitor Capabilities: HDR Not Supported
    Display Pixel Format: DISPLAYCONFIG_PIXELFORMAT_32BPP
    Advanced Color: Not Supported
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ya getting a lot of this since the last update.
    It’s the usual fix one thing break ten others
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Running v391.35 , published March 27, 2018, a full month before Summerset was even on PTS.

I'm doubtful the driver is the issue.

My $'s on a change in the shader code.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • hawkbs
    hawkbs
    Soul Shriven
    Got it again today just outside the main crafting area in Alinor in Summerset running between the Daily Crafting hand in and back to crafting area. Although I had also just previously run the daily heist for the Thieves Guild in Hews Bain twice. Once before reset and straight after before heading to Alinor.
    Am also finding since the last update sometimes when I start ESO as soon as the game launches it does something freaky to my graphics as well and causes my monitor to now go into a white noise mode. Resolved by switching the monitor off and back on, but only since the last update. I have zero issues playing F1 2017 on full graphics while running several other programs, zero issue with Assassins Creed Origins and zero issues with Rise of the Tomb Raider or Star Trek Bridge Crew. It is only with ESO.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD FX-8320 Eight-Core Processor 3.5GHz
    32GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 2G
    2560 x 1080 @144Hz

Turned on Vsync after the last one no change.

Edited by hawkbs on July 9, 2018 11:07AM
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The weird thing is, it doesn't happen for everyone currently in that cell.

Example: I was with my boyfriend in Blackheart Haven; I could see it, he could not. It was the other way around earlier in Wayrest Sewers.
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • rnjypsyb14_ESO
    rnjypsyb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I have had this happen throughout the game. If I remember correctly it was most reliably reproducible in upper levels of the Ruins in Summerset.

i7 8700k
    gtx 1080 TI 11 g
    32 g ram

I first removed the game from optimization on Geforce Experience. I then rolled back recently updated driver. I changed out monitors, I checked for CPU usage (well within normal limits) -same for CPU and GPU temps. FPS also seemed ok...not stellar, but generally 50-80 range. I finally uninstalled Geforce Experience altogether. None of the measures I took seemed to make the slightest difference in either the frequency or severity of graphics failure. Please can we fix the issues that exist before adding more content? :(

Also removed add ons...one by one. (sigh)
    Edited by rnjypsyb14_ESO on July 9, 2018 1:53PM
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    To add from my experience, yesterday in Wayrest, Guildhall, was just about to complete a master writ, everything went white... (no, don't follow the light, you're still needed here :D)

Same in the Vukhel Guard, Bank, this morning, that was luckily all so far B)

PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • master1g
    master1g
    Soul Shriven
    Can we get an answer if this is going to be fixed rather than people just saying, "It happened here to me too." I think we get that it's a problem...
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    We are currently looking into the graphical issues players are experiencing. If you encounter this issue please let us know which areas in game you've had objects, characters, or walls disappear at.

It can happen in any indoor instance. Dark brotherhood Sanctuary, Banks, Fort Arand, Hrota Cave to name a few where it has happened to me in the last few days.