The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Fake tank or fake healer, which is best?

Guppet
Guppet
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok we have all come across it. You join a pug and either the tank or healer is a dps, who just chose the role for a quicker queue.

So the question is if you join a pug and you have to have one (just one, the other is the role they queued for), which would you rather have? It’s an either or poll to see which people dislike most.

Fake tank or fake healer, which is best? 234 votes

I’d rather have a fake tank and real healer
26%
driosketchBigBraggArobainjhnartb14_ESOjrhiattjrb14_ESOPheefsWuffyCeruleiBiggusSaturnIselinRhaeger183RosveenSheezabeastMattock_RomulusboldscotWifeaggro13Johnfred24CirithValariaQUEZ420rootimus 63 votes
I’d rather have a fake Healer and real tank
73%
flintstonevailjohn_ESOGalenCaligamy_ESOlordspyderMojmirotis67Azzurianalimoleb14_ESOPlagueSDMalnutritionWhiteCoatSyndromeLisatimb16_ESO85GladiumSoellaAurielleguulXylthaxkkravaritieb17_ESO 171 votes
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most content, including (but not limited to) trials, a healer isn't necessary.
    You can have your support sorcs for certain fights while everyone can slot a single heal, with two additional DDs.

Buffs/debuffs can go a long way WITH competent DD players, however, with the incompetent, low DPS is still low DPS (or they are otherwise dead).

So yeah...
    Edited by SirMewser on June 30, 2018 6:55PM
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    :(
    M
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can heal myself just fine.
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirMewser wrote: »
    a healer isn't necessary
    but having a good one makes it so fun!
    ;)

{ Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • adeptusminor
    adeptusminor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Generally speaking, I prefer a fake healer since I can heal myself if needed. I don't mind fake tanks either, honestly. What I do mind is when fake tanks/real tanks drag the bosses around and out of my aoes murdering my dps :( And yes, even real tanks do that sometimes, although generally it's while they are learning, so I don't mention it or give them any grief, but it's still mildly irritating lol. And yeah, like mentioned above, the debuffs gotten by a real tank substantially increase dps, so that's always preferred.

edit: I've noticed a lot of healers in 4 man content don't realize or don't care to equip a destro backbar, providing ele drain for magicka dps increasing their dps, and increasing overall group dps by throwng down their own blockade, so the ele drain is something I usually provide myself anyway.
    Edited by adeptusminor on June 30, 2018 7:02PM
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Healers are almost always useless. 12-man trials on vet are the only exception.
  • Kuwhar
    Kuwhar
    ✭✭✭✭
    As someone who plays both only healer and tank, this poll triggers me
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i'm dps, i queue as a tank, it's like the 20th times ... i slot a taunt and i taunt all ennemies and boss of course, people never complain because this is faster like that.
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kuwhar wrote: »
    As someone who plays both only healer and tank, this poll triggers me

Lol it’s ok the situation triggers me too. I tank so I only ever get fake healers. I’m good at self healing though.

This is kind of a service for those that insist on queuing as a fake role, so they know which role to fake, to annoy the least people, since they are going to do it anyway, what with being selfish asses.
  • aaisoaho
    aaisoaho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With a real tank the boss at least stays still and the mobs are grouped up nicely. I can crit surge and vigor my health back up if I screw something up. Oh and thanks to real tank, most of the mechanics are fine.
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake healer. Tank keeps the boss and/or adds and 3dds nuke them down. With no tank you get a panicked room of dds and healers
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tanks are responsible for taking the damage from bosses and most mobs. So if the tank is doing the job right, there is very little health loss on your DPS players.
  • Cheetac19
    Cheetac19
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who mains heals, it makes me sad that they're apparently useless now. Guess I better suck it up and make a dps lol.

I probably shouldnt have responded to the pill, since it's been literally a year since dungeoning xD but I felt having someone heal through the damage would be best. Didn't think about bosses though...
  • What_In_Tarnation
    What_In_Tarnation
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most of dungeons don't really need a healer or tank, but 3 DD + 1 tank is probably the best dungeon combo to me. Maybe sometimes tank will need some heal from dps, but I think it's worth it for the 5.2k resistances debuff and the ability to hold boss still. And some of dungeons do need a tank to make dungeon runs more smooth.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    200+ vet PUGs as tank and i never saw fake healer. I saw hybrid dd/healers, which is always better than dumb Healing springs spammer, but never full fake.
  • mesmerizedish
    mesmerizedish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm the tank, so I guess I'll pick the healer.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That’s like asking “face or gut”.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither, it's the DPS that can't be bothered with anything that might interrupt their rotation. They won't move out of red, they won't rez, heck they won't even bother with one defensive skill.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a fake healer. I main a DPS Templar and I queue as healer 100% of the time. Healers are almost never needed, and in the rare event that they are, I know it's my responsibility to shift gears and fulfill the role as needed.

The REAL problem is not fakes, but fakes who can't or won't fulfill their role when needed.
    Edited by Gnortranermara on June 30, 2018 8:50PM
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    srfrogg23 wrote: »
    That’s like asking “face or gut”.

Exactly. I’d rather no fakes. But they are going to fake, for quick queues, so may as well tell them which role to fake, to annoy the least people.
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a fake healer. I main a DPS Templar and I queue as healer 100% of the time. Healers are almost never needed, and in the rare event that they are, I know it's my responsibility to shift gears and fulfill the role as needed.

The REAL problem is not fakes, but fakes who can't or won't fulfill their role when needed.

I’d actually be fine with what you do. If you queue as healer, then most of the time you will be able to just DPS, you’ll only need to heal rarely.

The fact you will heal if needed is good. I’d not even call you a fake healer, just one that realises you probably don’t need to heal.
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pheefs wrote: »
    SirMewser wrote: »
    a healer isn't necessary
    but having a good one makes it so fun!
    ;)

Ditto to that.
    I love my healing toons!
  • VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will tank random normals on my mag sorc. Always the only problem is when the group had another fake tank before me and have been wiping a lot. I dont die on my sorc. Usually goes something like..

ICP
    Them. Oh gods not another one. 20k health...
    Me. If you can burn the adds this will be a cake walk.
    Proceeds to do a no death speed run in ICP.
    Them. Sorry mate. Didnt realise you were an actual tank.

BRF.
    Same deal. Loaded in with my mag sorc. Slotted rage.
    Them. On you... tank.
    Me. Pulls all adds. Boss burns before the 2nd and 3rd even stand up.
    Them. Applogies all round.

I get it. There are a lot of dps that cant tank for sh*t.. some of are actual tanks that can also tank on the dps toons. We arent gonna obviously do it on vet dungeons or trials but randonorms for enlightenment burn...
    Active Toons:
    NA - VilniusNastavnik - Magsorc DPS - Altmer
    NA - Ko'h Nehko'h - Stamblade Archer - Khajit
    NA - Arwyn Winterlight - MagPlar Healer - Breton
    NA - Urog Blackfang - DK Tank - Orc
    NA - Elen Windsong - Stamsorc DPS - Bosmer
    NA - Eats-Strange-Fungus - Magden HealzTank- Argonian
    NA - Harwyn Northwind - MagWarden DPS - High Elf
    NA - Raises-Many-Families - Necro HealzTank - Argonian

Picture of my Active Toons.

Obligatory ESO Fashion website plug: Vil's Portfolio
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ehh idc, Im used to healing or tanking on a dps toon.
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    Ehh idc, Im used to healing or tanking on a dps toon.

If your healing or tanking your a healer or a tank, not fake. Fake is queuing for a role and not performing the role. No ones saying you can’t be a crappy tank or healer.

If you taunt and stay alive, your a tank. If you herd the mobs and buff, your a decent one.

If you heal, your a healer, if you supply resources and put out some dps too, your a good one.

Just because your not optimised to be a good tank or healer, doesn’t not mean you can’t tank or heal.

I’m fact most tanks and healers started off pretty crappy at it too.

If your regularly queueing as tank or heal and being bad at it, chances are you’ll actually start to understand it and start to get better. You may not intend to get better, as you see yourself as a fake in that role, but you will. You’ll find yourself wanting to try out leash, Warhorn, caltrops etc and see if they do make a difference.

The first step is performing another role, regardless of how badly. Your not fake at all, just inexperienced at it.
    Edited by Guppet on June 30, 2018 10:47PM
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    i'm dps, i queue as a tank, it's like the 20th times ... i slot a taunt and i taunt all ennemies and boss of course, people never complain because this is faster like that.

Please stop. 17K health Khajiit “tanks” just don’t cut it for any meaningful content.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • IsharaMeradin
    IsharaMeradin
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I do dungeons it is with my Dark Elf Magicka Warden. I'm already used to tossing back up heals should the healer go down, thus if the healer turns out to be a fake, I can adjust my back bar to include even more heals and take over as the healer.

I do not like it when the tanks are fake, my warden does not enjoy becoming the impromptu tank...
    PC-NA / PC-EU
    ID @IsharaMeradin
    Characters NA
    Verin Jenet Eshava - Dark Elf Warden (main)
    Nerissa Valin - Imperial Necromancer (secondary)
    Lugsa-Lota-Stuph - Argonian Sorcerer
    Leanne Martin - Breton Templar
    Latash Gra-Ushaba - Orc Dragonknight
    Ishara Merádin - Redguard Nightblade
    Arylina Loreal - High Elf Sorcerer
    Sasha al'Therin - Nord Necromancer
    Paula Roseróbloom - Wood Elf Warden
    Ja'Linga - Khajiit Arcanist

Characters EU
    Shallan Veil - Wood Elf Warden

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
    Characters NA
    Ja'Sassy-Daro - Khajiit Nightblade
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other: Depends on the dungeon and difficulty.
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Numerikuu wrote: »
    Other: Depends on the dungeon and difficulty.

You do understand that other is not an option for a reason? You have to choose which you would rather live with. If you can’t do that, your choice is useless.

If someone offers you vanilla or strawberry shake, you don’t get another option. Just because you’d prefer another option, does not mean one exists.
    Edited by Guppet on June 30, 2018 11:32PM
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both are worse, but fake healers make me completely mad.