The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dragon Bones vs. Bloodroot Forge

BejaProphet
BejaProphet
✭✭✭✭✭
Now that we know the dungeons better, having had time to truly learn them, I'm very curious if the community thinks they actually surpassed Bloodroot Forge in difficulty? So what's the hardest veteran 4 man dungeon in the game?

Dragon Bones vs. Bloodroot Forge 55 votes

Scalecaller Peak
20%
profundidob16_ESOPraboooPuzzlenutsAsardesMarabornwingrionSupremeRissoleATomiX96CyrriusPhaiyte494PimpkachuOdovacar 11 votes
Fang Lair
50%
Gladiumkkravaritieb17_ESOs7732425ub17_ESOstreetmagicNolaArchApheriusSploshVaohZagnut123Zagnut123LadyNalcaryaReverseVenomDrummerx04MureelLord_NinkaPemPemDyingStarmanGlorphNoldorinmikemaconCage_Lizardmanerlewine 28 votes
Bloodroot Forge
23%
Dracan_FontomDrdeath20RiskyBizKraylGothrockMahpeejaws343Apache_KidNocturnal_AnnoyanceWildRaptorXFiedelstrichcolossalvoidsddgsodium 13 votes
Other
5%
ArkraytroomarSleepersword 3 votes
  • testd4n1
    testd4n1
    ✭✭✭
    Fang Lair
    Are we considering only Vet? or Vet HM? In my opinion that would completely change the answer.
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose how ever you would judge them. I'm not voting in my own poll, but I'm coming at it from a tanking viewpoint, and I think Blood root forge is harder to tank. So whatever you rate dungeons by.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fang Lair
    Fang lair ... best dungeon ever:
    the first boss requiere to move constantly ( it's not just stack and burn) unfortunaly we can skip some mechanics ( poison zone from one of the mini-boss, unbreackable CC, mushrooms dealing Damage over time + reducing your damage ) finally, it look like there is only 1 boss and some add that one-shot you if you stop moving. as long as you can press " Z-Q-S-D " ( french keyboard) while doing dps it's easy.

The second boss is a bit harder, depend if you can deal with additional mechanics or not, if not you just need to kill some add near totems ( while dying the adds while explode and destroy the totems and stop the additional mechanics ) or ... like the previous boss you can just move and burst.

The third boss is the easier ... sometimes a ghost will slowly grab one of your allie, and the boss will slowly walk in the direction of your allie and one shot him except if you kill the ghost before ( he have like 100K health) then move and burst the boss.

The last boss is the reason i said this is the best dungeon ever, let me talk you about the No-Hm first, there is 2 boss, a necromancer and his dragon, you need to kill the dragon 2 times ( the first time the necromancer control the dragon, once you kill it, the necromancer will become the dragon).
    During the " first phase " you need to kill the 4 crystal ( if you don't, they will spawn collosus who kill you if you don't dodge, the stamina is an issue during this fight, at 40% you need to hide behind a barrier or you will be killed by a row of ghosts ( no way to pass between 2 ghosts.
    During the second phase you need to burst the boss, sometimes he will fear you, you and your friends will need to take ground areas or you will die.

The HM is a different, it's not like the others HM, the boss,adds and crystals have increased life ... increased damage ... but during the second phase there is some row of ghosts coming from one of the four side at a time ( you need to avoid them while avoiding big collosus, while taking gournd areas, while killing the boss) there is a lot of things to do at the same times ! The fight is epic. same thing with scalecaller peak HM

the whole dragons bones dungeon are easier than Horn of the reach dungeon, but the HM is much more difficult and unique.

Edited by Apherius on June 29, 2018 7:02PM
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Apherius

Just to clarify, you are saying Fang Lair is hardest due to the HM boss?

Or are you simply saying its the most fun.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fang Lair
    @Apherius

Just to clarify, you are saying Fang Lair is hardest due to the HM boss?

Or are you simply saying its the most fun.

the dungeon is easier than Horn of the reach dungeon, except the HM part, the HM is like 3X more difficult in dragon bones dungeon ... it's also funnier because the last fight in HM is epic.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fang Lair
    Bloodroot forge has a significantly more challenging dungeon up until the final HM boss, which is when Fang Lair takes the lead.

What makes fang lair HM so difficult is the mechanics that you really kind of NEED to obey. There are add spawns that trigger on boss health percentages, and there are sections where tunnel visioning on dps basically means you die, and so much of the map becomes unusable do to one shot mechanics and the poison AOEs resting on the ground.

Scalecaller and HOTR dungeons for the most part can just dps past all the mechanics before they become an issue.(admittedly you can just dps past the colossus spawns, but those ghosts are sneaky as hell)

Some of this may just be colored by my relative lack of experience in the dungeons since there was no reason to really run them until the motif was released.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Arkray
    Arkray
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I say Fang Lair HM (last boss) > Scalecaller HM (last boss) > Bloodroot (HM or not) > Scalecaller no HM > Fang Lair no HM.

I also agree with @BejaProphet that, from a tanking viewpoint, Bloodroot is harder.
    "Ah, magic! The solution to all life's problems. I love magic! It's so... magical."
  • Lord_Ninka
    Lord_Ninka
    ✭✭✭
    Fang Lair
    I suppose how ever you would judge them. I'm not voting in my own poll, but I'm coming at it from a tanking viewpoint, and I think Blood root forge is harder to tank. So whatever you rate dungeons by.

That's a good point. I have only tried Fang Lair as DD so far, which might be why I think that's the hardest. Bloodroot Forge is not as bad as Fang Lair on a DD, but it sure is very hard on a tank. Being a healer probably also makes a bit of difference, but I've only tried that in one of these three vet dungeons.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dunno? pugged all on my dd & tank, so long as your group knows the mechs they're actually pretty easy.

personally I'd say the ones with untauntable bosses are the hardest :lol:

EDIT: if going HM then everything changes.
    Edited by Sparr0w on July 6, 2018 3:38PM
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bloodroot Forge
    If we are just talking on vet with No HM my vote is Bloodroot.

If we are taking HM into the equation then it is without a doubt hands down no contest whatsoever absolutely Fang Lair HM.

That fight is sooooo sosososososo difficult. Took us two weeks to beat it the first time and 30-40 hours in-game at the final boss.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on July 6, 2018 3:50PM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fang Lair
    Lol we farm it and we even have a discord literally called: Dumb Lair Scrubs

It sucks!

Especially BS is when your golden circle spawns ON A WALL and you step in it and get ghostbanged by ghosts spawning over the top of your golden circle.

Kill me now. Oh wait, ya did.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fang Lair
    That said, the new rando lava on VBF HM is lul. I tanked it, it sucks. There's just no way to 'place' the lava so it's just all lava all the time.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fang Lair
    But really only Dumb Lair can make me wanna break my peripherals. Literally raging off mic at times. But over lame RNG stacking mechanic BS. Makes
    Me Crazy.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fang Lair
    Arkray wrote: »
    I say Fang Lair HM (last boss) > Scalecaller HM (last boss) > Bloodroot (HM or not) > Scalecaller no HM > Fang Lair no HM.

I also agree with @BejaProphet that, from a tanking viewpoint, Bloodroot is harder.
    I think this post is pretty accurate actually. Having done all roles in all of the above, I think this is legit.

It *might* be a toss up between VFL and VSP - vet NOT HM, only because with good dps, it's ice giants and rinse repeat. There's still more mess to deal with in VFL, non HM than VSP non HM because in VSP, you can skip lamer poison spray.
    Edited by Mureel on July 6, 2018 3:55PM
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fang Lair
    Mureel wrote: »

It sucks!

Especially BS is when your golden circle spawns ON A WALL and you step in it and get ghostbanged by ghosts spawning over the top of your golden circle.

Maybe I'm missing what you are talking about, once you reach the gold circle, it gives you a golden shield to protect you from the dragon blast. The shield is attached to you, so you can move away from the wall before the ghosts spawn (unless you just barely made it to the circle in time.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fang Lair
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    Mureel wrote: »

It sucks!

Maybe I'm missing what you are talking about, once you reach the gold circle, it gives you a golden shield to protect you from the dragon blast. The shield is attached to you, so you can move away from the wall before the ghosts spawn (unless you just barely made it to the circle in time.

Yep I was running to my one, and and it spawned on the wall, just as I tapped toe in it the ghosts came out of the wall at which it spawned and rekt.

I was rezzing someone when the mech happened and had to book it to make it, and it just happened to both spawn on the corner part of the wall, and the ghosts spawn from same wall, with the gap to the mid of wall.

Was just ridiculous coincidence.
  • erlewine
    erlewine
    ✭✭✭
    Fang Lair
    one shield always spawns in each quadrant of the room, so if you assign spots and run there as you see the dragon climbing the wall, you can get the gold sphere faster and then have more time free to clear the skeletons and get back to center
    eisley the worst
  • Gladium
    Gladium
    ✭✭✭
    Fang Lair
    erlewine wrote: »
    one shield always spawns in each quadrant of the room, so if you assign spots and run there as you see the dragon climbing the wall, you can get the gold sphere faster and then have more time free to clear the skeletons and get back to center

This is true, you have more than enough time to get into your corner once you see the boss start moving to the edge. Having the ghosts spawn on you while you are grabbing your shield means you were too slow.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tough call. They all get pretty tight, as far as available real estate is concerned.

I'm not a big fan of the super snare/defile in Fang Lair.

The buggy fringe AoE in Scalecaller and Bloodroot can be pretty irritating at times.
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on July 10, 2018 1:06PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    so you can move away from the wall before the ghosts spawn (unless you just barely made it to the circle in time.

Need to move halfway across the room to a circle that is at the literal edge of the room? Check.

Got sidetracked by talons halfway across? Check.

Made it to the golden circle just in time? Check.

Get rekt by the ghost wall because it spawns at the same time the poison blast hits? Check.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

Also, Fang Lair HM is the hardest to tank by far. Bloodroot is easy--just make sure you are a real tank, hold block, sidestep the occasional red, and get bored while waiting for your DDs to kill the boss. Fang Lair, on the other hand, ugh. So much movement is required on that fight, while having to contend with a giant dragon that's in your face and obstructing your view, while contending with adds that spam talons, while contending with shalks that snare, debuff, while navigating around giant areas of denial caused by poison circles half the size of the room. Bah.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    For non-HM, I think Falkreath Hold is the toughest dungeon, just because of the last boss. Bloodroot Forge is mostly DPS dependent. Fang Lair is piece of cake except for the second boss (them bloody wolves). Scalecaller Peak is mechanics dependent, but generally easy.

For HM, Dragon bones' dungeons are far far harder than anything else. For me personally (stamina DPS), Scalecaller Peak is harder. For Magicka DPS I guess it will the other way round.
    Yes.
  • Gladium
    Gladium
    ✭✭✭
    Fang Lair
    code65536 wrote: »
    Also, Fang Lair HM is the hardest to tank by far. Bloodroot is easy--just make sure you are a real tank, hold block, sidestep the occasional red, and get bored while waiting for your DDs to kill the boss. Fang Lair, on the other hand, ugh. So much movement is required on that fight, while having to contend with a giant dragon that's in your face and obstructing your view, while contending with adds that spam talons, while contending with shalks that snare, debuff, while navigating around giant areas of denial caused by poison circles half the size of the room. Bah.

I actually think FL HM is fairly easy to tank - SP HM is far more troublesome to me. Headless chicken all the way across the room getting beamed? Sometimes you just cannot make it in time, and when your vampire team mates try to help you block.. Press F to pay respects.

FL HM on the other hand to me just consists of using talon on the scarabs, then using chain on the boss for speed buff and zoom away. In the more difficult ghost wall phase it is basically the same thing, but now you stop eyeing up the boss, you just refresh taunt and shimmy into the gaps in the ghost wall. Boss starts running away? Either it is time to get in your corner, or you forgot to refresh taunt. Adjust accordingly!
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Base on HM I would say Scalecaller, base on normal vet I think Fang. I say this because Bloodroot final boss can almost be solo tanked. Can't burn down all 3, but I can dance with them for a long long time. Scalecaller is over at 75% if the group isn't there. Fang you can keep kiting and hacking at it with a group that isn't there yet.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.