The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Did you find the Psijic Questline Fun?

• Pr0Skygon
    Pr0Skygon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found the Psijic quests tedious!
    Between killing thousands of daedra/closing hundreds of dolmens, hunting down overdue library books/handling the Mad God's relics, or going on the Annual Psijic Order Scavenger Hunt...

I'll take the scavenger hunt. 60-ish breaches and 8 staff fragments was not that bad, comparatively.

This is why we can't have nice thing in ESO. Just because the old thing is "really really bad", and the new thing is "really bad", so in comparison, the new thing is better and it's totally fine.
    How about we tell ZOS to make something that is actually good for once, huh?
    PS: I'm talking about guild skill lines grinding, not anything else.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was expecting the new skill tree to be as tedious as the Mage/Fighter guilds, but this takes it to a new irritating level.

I can't stand the Augur and wish there was astral duct tape to shut its mouth indefinitely. It's absolutely useless as the only thing it can do is spout stupid jokes and "history" of things no one cares about. If it wasn't the "sight" gift it gives us, I'd have left it where I found it.

Then there are the quests, given out of complete order when half the stuff I did in the game just by exploring. Now, I have to spend time to seal three geysers. Not that it's all bad right now, given that there are billions of players making each geyser quick to end. Still, it just bugs me to have to revisit places I've done before.

Twice now, I have had to reenter delves to retrieve the latest McGuffin, which I will never freaking understand why devs can't let us find them when we first hit the area.

For example, I've found 4 thieves caches which I retained the items. I had zero clue what these were for, until I finally stumbled on the quest that starts it.

Now this is how a game should be designed, so I'll give kudos to this.

I'm also no fan of the "long distance quest", in which to finish a quest requires us to travel from end-to-end of the area we're in. This is a blatant design flaw used by developers to make a game last longer than it should. Summerset has more than plenty this quest mechanic should never be used again. Ever.

I just unlocked the Psijic skill tree yesterday, so it'll be interesting to see how this fares. I have to admit I'm very interested in the Time Stop skill.

In the meantime, I'll continue to play Summerset, find all these "trinkets" for "runeboxes" (what are these, anyway?), and continue to pick up the greatest area in all of Tamriel for Rubedo Leather.

Picked up over 1k over the weekend alone just playing the game. Awesome.

• TheRealDoc
    TheRealDoc
    ✭✭✭
    If it wasn't for the map pins add-on, I wouldn't have bothered...
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other (explain)?
    They’re ok. They serve as a good way to find other things out in the world. They’re not too bad if you already have the wayshrines unlocked and it’s even easier if your mount speed is maxed out.

I can see where it is tedious on a new character if you’re focusing solely on completing them and nothing else though.
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tedious and rather boring. The only thing nice about it was the commentary from the Augur of the Obscure. Even so, it still felt like a lot of running around with not enough plot to make it worth it.
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other (explain)?
    No idea not even entered summerset yet.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The first time the story line was interesting, after that the next few times it was a boring grind. The skull did keep things entertaining for awhile. Fortunately you can do it all in 2 to 3 hours with a map guide, https://mmobits.com/2018/05/09/psijic-order-skill-line-quest-and-time-breach-location-guide/#howget , depending how much time you want to spend gathering mats.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy the Psijic quests!
    I thought it was fun. A little repetitive but still fun overall.
  • SirPaws
    SirPaws
    ✭✭✭
    Other (explain)?
    A bit of yes and no. Part of that is because I wanted to experience the quests and skills on a new character; one more RP focused on the themes explored if that makes sense at all. So it meant that pretty much every Wayshrine was undiscovered and, factoring in a very low riding speed, getting to every breach took a fair old while. The first Craglorn visit was fairly tough. I didn't want to rely on a guide too much, so a few times wandered into areas I wasn't quite equipped to handle yet.

So in that respect, the time taken and distance traveled was a bit of a slog.

However, the reward of hearing the Aurgur's voice was enough of a compulsion, and he often said things which led to new experiences. Honestly, I'd never noticed the Brothers of Strife, so when he started talking about two mountains fighting, I looked up for the first time in that area and actually saw something I have walked under so often but never paid attention to. Embarrassing to say, but true.

Then there were the jutting rocks over Vivec's Antlers. A breathtaking moment - for one because I didn't know they could be scaled, and two for the reason that I caught that Time Breach at dawn and was treated to something quite spectacular with all the colours lit up below by the rising sun.

On top of that, I did enjoy the story and lore. The little tidbits such as Psijic philosophy on punishment, and the stuff about Towers which only enhanced that which we learned in the Summerset Main Quest, all mounted up to make turning in each quest something to look forward to.

Getting Skyshards and XP along the way, along with new quests to do in every zone... I guess it made Tamriel seem more open than before. I have trouble explaining that, but I'm sort of feeling like a Psijic in terms of a much broader worldview. Before, all of my characters have followed a linear narrative: Play through the faction quests, play through the Guilds, do the Main Quest concurrently to those, then start the dlc/Morrowind chapter. Then with Morrowind and a new toon I struggled to find a reason to leave the island - the faction and main quest looked far less exciting after everything that went on there.

Whereas now I guess I feel a bit liberated, free to come and go as I please and help the people I promised to along the way but couldn't because of the dire need to end the Time Breach threat. Not only that, I also got a kickass title and cool-looking new skills, some nice face and body markings, and a god-awful skullcap, too! :smiley:

That said, I'm in no great hurry to do it again on another character.
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain)?
    Kudos to the person who thought up and spent time writing for the skull. The same creativity should have been put into designing the entire quest line. As it stands, obvious lackluster and lazy development. Not as lazy and poorly designed as the Mages Guild line, but still pretty rotten.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course this subject has been beat to death.

However, I thought the dialogue from the skull was fabulous. To bad that was lost on so many.
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain)?
    The fetch quests were very tedious and annoying, but the questline itself was the first time in the game I'd actually felt something for one of the characters - in this case sadness at the end of the story.
    The Legendary Nothing
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good god, it was a quest...90% of the quests in the game are miserable. I actually enjoyed these though since it allows me to leisurely stroll about and its exploration content, which is a nice change of pace from DPS,DPS,DPS,DPS,DPS,DPS,DPS,DPS content. I was able to run around on my tank and not even bother switching to my DPS gear to complete it without tedium. You want to talk tedious...go questing on a tank, see how fun that is. This quest was actually pleasant on my tank.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liked the story, HATED the collecting.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other (explain)?
    Tedious but at least quickly done with
    unlike Book Club (Mage Guild), Restricted Fight Club (Undauted) or the Horse Simulator slideshow(Alliance War)
    & on a par with Thieves & Dark Brotherhood
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started the quest on a new character and stopped by the time I made it to stormhaven.

Zero mount upgrades and not having the closest shrines makes this incredibly boring. New players must hate their life doing this questline.
    Psn l---Salty---l

Patiently waiting to make a Stankcromancer.
  • Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭
    Other (explain)?
    I find the part with
    Darien fading in the colored rooms sad, I hope that womanizer comes back!
    other than that I enjoyed the quests, I also like how it uses previous quests to tie into. :)
    @Tucker311- PC
    Tucker3711
    Nord Beth Rose (EP)
    Imperial Freya Var (DC)
    High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
    Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)
    Hotstuff Queen
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other (explain)?
    Found them boring
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    I enjoyed them thanks to the Augur.

Second this!
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was pretty bad.

They should just have removed all the "close xxx" quests and make the ones for the staff pieces a lot better.

Right now it's maybe worse than grinding Mage's Guild. And these guys are the most powerful and secretive order in the world? LOL
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    From a lore geek's perspective its priceless. A grinder on the other hand might find it dull.

What lore? I mean seriously, there is no lore attached to it until the final stages of the questline.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still haven't been able to force myself to complete it on my current favorite character and didn't even bother to start it on any alts.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still haven't been able to force myself to complete it on my current favorite character and didn't even bother to start it on any alts.

I just forced myself to do it until rank 6 because I really wanted Mend Wounds. The 4-5 hours I put into that were maybe the worst I've ever had in ESO (did it on a new toon so no wayshrines at all).
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • AClockworkLime
    AClockworkLime
    ✭✭✭
    It was tedious, obnoxious, and repetititititititive as Hell on my main alone. Every time I go to try to do it with an alt, I pretty much give up even before unlocking the damn skill line due to just how god damned boring and annoying it is.

Sure, relative to other guild lines it's quick to level if you just sit down and do it, but my God, we've already seen the world. We already travel all over the *** place. We don't need to be forced to do it for the 4851345th time on each. and. every. god. damned. character.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    From a lore geek's perspective its priceless. A grinder on the other hand might find it dull.

What lore? I mean seriously, there is no lore attached to it until the final stages of the questline.

so there is lore attached to it then?
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

Concur with this. Maybe if we'd had to piece together clues on the history of where the pieces had been to track down where they were instead of 'press E to close the rift in space/time!'. But as it was the only thing we really learned about was Jojasah's family...which would have been fine for a side quest, but when we're supposedly focusing on a reality-warping artifact making a cameo from a previous game, I'd like and expect the artifact to get the lion's share of the backstory.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • gnarlyvandal
    gnarlyvandal
    ✭✭✭
    Other (explain)?
    I found it very tedious on max level characters, even though it’s still much quicker than mages guild to grind out.

Although, if you make a new character you can do them alongside skyshard and lore book farming.
    Gives a bit of direction on where to go next as well
    Edited by gnarlyvandal on June 18, 2018 10:35PM
  • Lazrael
    Lazrael
    ✭✭✭
    Even Now thinking that I have to do it on another toon makes me sad. lol
    Artists and Theives...
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got to level 4 and it's so tedious. I'm not sure if I ever want to do this on a 2nd character. It's not fun.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any quest that makes you travel ALL over the map is a NO from me, thats why I followed a guide to get it over fast