The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Did you find the Psijic Questline Fun?

• Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain)?
    If I would do all quests in a row to grind them out as fast as possible I would have found the quests tedious as heck as there is very little variation in these quests. Now I just grab the portal/parts whenever I am in the neighborhood of one (augur speaks up) or feel like picking one up/farming some one area at a time. But this way of doing does disconnect you from leveling it lore wise.

They are simply a go there click something, go somewhere else, click a thing with lots of travel in between and little in story content. Granted I like the auger comments and the ones where you follow a glowing thingies trail are a bit more fun, then simply clicking for the first few times. I haven't finished it all and hope the final quest adds something more.

I expected a bit more from the psijics. I actually hoped to get a questline comparable to thieves guild or dark brotherhood. But instead it is more like mages guild, book collecting. I prefer the guild leveling where you actually do various quests related to becoming one of them, maybe even some story instances. Learn more, get to know the people on a personal level. Have various quests. Even if you still had to do the fetch quests like you have to do murder sprees/thieving over and over to level the majority of it, preferably not though. More guild specific quests then just working with the order in the main quests for that quests goal.

Also it might have utilized artaeum more as most of it's landmass is quest less. Mostly repeated fetch quests aren't very engaging.
    If one of the skillline upgrades was close 4 portals across Tamriel (or summerset, not both) as well as one being the follow the glowing thing trail to staff parts and the rest something else I would have been perfectly fine with it.

Implementing this would have made it a lot more work in development though, guess that's a big reason we got what we got.
    Edited by Orticia on June 19, 2018 2:00PM
  • Matei
    Matei
    ✭✭
    Other (explain)?
    I have yet to start questing on summerset isle
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found the Psijic quests tedious!
    I generally think that a lot more people would enjoy the game if they took the 'journey' as part of the fun instead of going on a helter-skelter mad dash for the 'finish line'.

The problem is that the 'journey' in this case is a trip to places I've already been often enough to have done everything of interest there. This isn't a vacation to new and exiting places; this is a trip to work with a particularly long commute. It's like trying to get excited over going to the grocery store. It might have been different if they had taken us somewhere new.

In any case, the Psijic questline really shouldn't be using the content of the rest of the game as a crutch for itself. It should be able to stand on its own merits.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • NeroBad
    NeroBad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain)?
    On it's own I think it would be boring. But with my fiance we are making it a race (who founds them first), that way it is fun.
    Edited by NeroBad on June 21, 2018 10:46AM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoy the Psijic quests!
    I liked it, and happened along a LOT of psijic portals on the way. Why you think I have over 50 Auric Amber?

I also collected my surveys in the vicinity since I tend to let those stack up too damn high.

I also killed any nearby world bosses, got an inferno of a mothers sorrow staff which I sold 10 min later for 199k and hit dolmens on the way and got 3 rings worth ca 20k ea., not to mention dozens or more of platinum and pewter seams.

If you take your time and open your eyes, you're gonna make hella gold doing this - so maybe look at the bigger picture.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain)?
    First character - it was new and not so boring.
    Second character - I found it boring
    3rd character - very boring
    4th character - I started to cry out of anger and boredom
    5th-15th character - Ill do it maybe in a year or so.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain)?
    It's not fun but at least it's quite fast, compared to 6+ hours of grinding undead/daedra for Fighters Guild and 2 full alliances worth of lore books for Mages Guild that take a day or more to get. For someone who knows the zones and has all the shrines discovered Psijic quest can be done in about 2-3 hours if you skip quest dialogue and rush to the portals.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not so much that the Psijic questline is boring so much that it's a letdown. It's the fact that it has pretensions of being an actual questline, with lore background and recurring characters. I wouldn't have minded the actual gameplay so much if the quests were, say, a story-less repeatable quest, like Thieves Guild jobs. As it is, the actual Summerset main questline is something of a "Psijic questline," but the actual Psijic questline is a waste of a good plot.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain)?
    repetetive grinds are fun

~Zos Design Team
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kleev wrote: »
    Well, it's no worse than the Mage one which is just picking up lorebooks throughout Tamriel. Not sure what anyone else really expected?

For me it was pretty poor, the story line was poorly cobbled together, the fight at the end was just abysmal. Meh.
    It is actually much worse than the Mages Guild one. At least for the Mages Guild, the lorebooks were not part of the questline. Imagine if the Mages Guild quest had none of the in-depth Sheogorath stuff and was just 10 quests to collect lorebooks with Sheogorath thrown in for effect - that's what you have with the Psijic Order.

It wouldn't have been so bad if the Psijic Order questline was actually like the Mages Guild one, where you closed the breaches to advance the skill line outside of the quests, but also had a proper storyline about the Staff of Towers alongside it.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lore books you can at least find while doing other things. I never had to specifically look for them.

I’d reduce the number of tears, bury them deep in delves or really remote locations (and randomize them) and put a decent number of enemy waves around them. Make it like doing a dolmen. Maybe work in a puzzle to close the tear. The chatty skull could pose riddles or something.
    Edited by Appleblade on July 13, 2018 5:25PM
  • TheGr8David
    TheGr8David
    ✭✭✭
    All of the guild quest lines have been extremely tedious, but at least the Psijic quest line had the Augur to brighten up the monotony.
    PC-NA-EP

Argonian - StamDK - Tank - Leaves-Friends-Dead
    Orc - DK - Crafter - Burker

I saw the "I" yo! CHIM me baby!
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain)?
    Doing it for my main was ok, i wasnt doing it on one day so it was fine, not much fun but ok. Doing it all again on my toons will take a long time...i will probably only do the questline on 1 or 2 toons...
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain)?
    Looked at it as a farming run, went past tons of nodes
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other (explain)?
    I enjoyed it but I was expecting a little more in the way of the Lore. The Psijic Order isn't just a mages guild it is a way of life and a monastic and spiritual endeavor. I felt like they didn't get into that enough.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Khami
    Khami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tedious is the best way to describe running all over. I disliked it so much, I only see me running it the one time I've done it, on my main.
  • Ananoriel
    Ananoriel
    ✭✭✭
    Other (explain)?
    It was okay, but I only did it on my main character so far. It is not bad to do, and the storyline behind it is interesting and I like the Augur's commentary. And a good thing is that you can farm some crafting nodes, skyshards and bosses on the way.

But I also understand it would be quite tedious to do it on several alts, especially if you have few wayshrines unlocked and a slow mount.
    Edited by Ananoriel on July 31, 2018 10:36PM
  • kitcat300_ESO
    kitcat300_ESO
    ✭✭
    Other (explain)?
    Finding the rifts was a chore, my main motivator was grinding for a spell I want.
    I did look forward to the Augers lines at each on so it wasn't totally un-enjoyable.

"Do we really have to seal the rifts? Linear time is SO BORING. Just think. You could die... BEFORE you were even born."
    "Oh, wait. That would actually be quite painful. Never mind."
    Edited by kitcat300_ESO on August 2, 2018 7:22PM
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain)?
    I mostly enjoyed it, except for having to go everywhere to seal all the breaches; that part got a bit tedious.

However, I do like being able to craft the psijic orbs for my houses. And I like finding psijic portals; they sometimes drop Hakeijo runes, which is way cool.
    Edited by Smitch_59 on August 5, 2018 12:35AM
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • Neyane
    Neyane
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only did it to get the tattoos :D as soon as I got them I stopped. Incredibly mind numbing experience.
    The most important thing in life is enjoying yourself.
    810+, love trials and dungeons, achievement hunter ♥
    Stormproof on 9 characters and more to come~ Flawless on MagSorc & MagPlar ♥
  • Steinschlag
    Steinschlag
    ✭✭✭
    The Questline is nice. Just to grind to Levels to 10 sucks :disappointed:
    Bodeus wrote: »
    Gibt bestimmt einige die tanken mit Froststab besser als so mancher Lappen mit Schwert/Schild.
    --NORACTIS--
    --FANATIC HUNTERS--
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain)?
    Did it on all my 6 currently active characters. I gave Josajah the skull each time at the end. They deserve each other.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • RD065
    RD065
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hated it. I did it relatively quickly on my one character because I was using one of their high end skills. But it wasn't something I enjoyed. Maybe the last one going from 9 to 10 was fine but the rest not so much. I won't bother on any other character I can't grind that again.
  • HiLyfe808
    HiLyfe808
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was fun on my first toon. Then it just became a chore.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still better than undaunted though. That's the line stopping me from making new chars.
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    very tedious
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, no. I love fetch missions narrated by a cockney skull who provided me with a map that would make IKEA laugh.
  • Indigo_Shade
    Indigo_Shade
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing worse is the Master Angler fishing Achievement (which I am 3 sub-achievements away from finishing). Wow, has it been a year already?
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turbo no, nothing about that skill line leveling was fun.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche