The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Did you find the Psijic Questline Fun?

• LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain)?
    The Augur's comments were entertaining.
    I didn't find the questline exactly tedious, since I paired it with doing dolmens in order to get jewellery for deconstructing.
    However, I don't think I'll do it on another character, or at least not for a while. None of those skills are "must haves", IMO.

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain)?
    The first couple of run around, yeah. But there was soooo many!
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • GreenSoup2HoT
      GreenSoup2HoT
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I found the Psijic quests tedious!
      Getting the skill-line to 10 was the worst experience ive had leveling a skill line yet. I think the only one that comes close was Mages Guild but i had majority of that one done while leveling my character at the start going Cadwells Gold and getting Sky Shards.

Was not fun. Id rather grind monsters for exp to level it.
      PS4 NA DC
    • BlazingDynamo
      BlazingDynamo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Not fun but better than lore books.
    • MehrunesFlagon
      MehrunesFlagon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Other (explain)?
      I found the augur amusing.
    • Ohtimbar
      Ohtimbar
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      No.
      forever stuck in combat
    • Defilted
      Defilted
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Other (explain)?
      Enjoyed it the first time. Now on the third time and I dont like it.
      XBOX NA
      XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
    • generalmyrick
      generalmyrick
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I enjoy the Psijic quests!
      revisiting sites of old quests!!!! :-)
      "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
      Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
    • SydneyGrey
      SydneyGrey
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Just got to level 6 psijic.
      When does the grindfest end? This is awful. Whoever thought of this "quest" needs to be demoted to answering phones or something, not in creating quest-lines.
    • FloppyTouch
      FloppyTouch
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Other (explain)?
      Was boring but not tedious either got it done very fast. I think it's weird people found the skull dude funny I was rolling my eyes every time he talked.

100x better the the mage guild skill line now that's tedious
    • IcyDeadPeople
      IcyDeadPeople
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Haven't got very far in the questline yet but so far I really like the Augur character!

I think the experience could be improved a lot for everyone doing these quests on multiple characters if the Time Rifts dropped a lootable psijic portal node when you close each one.

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on June 19, 2018 5:58AM
    • Lucky28
      Lucky28
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Other (explain)?
      the first time if was pretty fun.... but doing it on multiple characters... not so fun.
      Invictus
    • Vuldovahkriid
      Vuldovahkriid
      ✭✭✭
      Other (explain)?
      I will say overall, I enjoyed the questline, although I can see where others might not. In actuality, it's probably the most Psijic thing you could do. Skyrim was the first time we ever ran into a Psijic, and all he did was stand there and take the Eye of Magnus. They are simply observers, and only insert themselves when necessary.
      Valtyr Stormblade- Nord DK CP810

Vulsahvith- Argonian NB CP810

Illidan Highborn- High Elf Sorc CP810

Thrall Durotar- Orc WD CP810

Mythos Varedis- Wood Elf TP CP810

Ra'zaq- Khajit NB CP810

Aelya Proudmoore- Breton Sorc CP810

Broxigar Saurfang- Orc DK CP810

Lady Sylvannas Windrunner- Dark Elf NB CP810

Lord Anduin Wyrnn- Breton TP CP810
    • kind_hero
      kind_hero
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Many people compare the psijic with the mages guild rep grind.

However there is no "quest" to gain rep with the mages guild, you just collect books until you reach max. Same with the fighters, you fight daedra and undead. It is better to have no quest at all than a poor one.

But with the psijics, they made a chain of fetch quests which are very repetitive. The only positive thing is the augur.
      The psijics lore offered so much potential, but all that was wasted.

It is quite annoying if you want to level this on a char that hasn't unlocked certain areas. Maybe this was the purpose? They might have noticed that the old world is less populated so they made people travel
      [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
    • ZairanArainai
      ZairanArainai
      ✭✭
      I enjoyed the questline, itself, but having to go from zone to zone closing portals got repetitive quick. It did help that I had all wayshrines discovered beforehand and I was able to look at the maps and tell for the most part, exactly where I needed to go.
    • Steinschlag
      Steinschlag
      ✭✭✭
      I hate this Quest. Its just an endless Row of "close the portal here, close the portal there" Thats not funny at all. The only good thing about it, is the Skull. But THAT Detail is awesome. Love the Augur :D
      Bodeus wrote: »
      Gibt bestimmt einige die tanken mit Froststab besser als so mancher Lappen mit Schwert/Schild.
      --NORACTIS--
      --FANATIC HUNTERS--
    • Melilotta
      Melilotta
      ✭✭✭
      I enjoy all quests that take me to former zones! And the Augur is awsome and his comments were actually helpful, in addition to being funny. But I'm a bit confused about the Augur returning to me as a piece of furniture. I was so happy to give the Augur to the mage girl, I imagined them travelling together all around Tamriel and talking about everything...
    • Mannix1958
      Mannix1958
      ✭✭✭✭
      Other (explain)?
      It was mix for me...

The story was a tad predictable but enjoyable none the less. All the rifts & stave parts were on the tedious side...the skull's chats made it fun...as was the overall first time through it. Repeating this adds more to the treadmill feeling...
    • mightyskrollan
      For the first char it was fine.
      After the second I reconsidered if it's really necessary and couldn't be avoided for my other builds..
      Now on char six and the eleventh char that I need to bring to CP and collect lore books again - I am that far that I would rather pay instead of grinding it over and over.
      And when I think about it.. there should be just a crown store option which is unlocked after, let's say 3 times leveling to 50, collecting lore books, farming psijic etc.
      Three completions required so everyone had the pleasure to go through it several times and could've played the contents.

But now when creating a new char it becomes more and more painful and a timeconsuming drudgery.
      Edited by mightyskrollan on June 19, 2018 10:23AM
      GM -> The Elder Vaults - Eldenroot || The Ulterior Vaults - Alinor || Tamrizon - Rawl'Kha
      -> contact @mightyskrollan

United Trading Enterprises (UTE) - Alliance
      The Elder Vaults | Tamrizon | Tamriel Stock Exchange | Just Traders | Rächer-Handelskontor | Bund der freien Händler | Inevitable | The Ulterior Vaults | Le Comptoir des Artisans | Brave Cat Trade
    • Hamrb
      Hamrb
      ✭✭✭✭
      Other (explain)?
      i enjoyed the dialogue, and revisiting some locations i haven't been to in ages. the first and second run through were ok. after that it is pure busy work and a drag. but then again, so is the mage guild and sky shard grind.
      Founder of Sheogorath's Mortals NA PC

Exiled Lannister EP Sorc dps
      Hamrb EP Temp healer or dps
      l mufasa l EP Stamblade
      Fat Tyrion EP DK dps
      Mia Stone AD DK tank or dps
      Finn the Altmer AD Nightmage
      Launch Pad McQuack DC DK DPS
      Sterk Stonecrusher EP Stamplar
      -Wabba Jack DC Stam Sorc
      Sheo's Sweeper DC Magicka Temp
    • Jaimeh
      Jaimeh
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I have completed it on four characters so far, and it was only the Augur's comments that made me keep going, because otherwise it's very boring, and we're just mindlessly riding from one place to the next. I want to get the line for all my characters eventually because the skills are nice, but I'm definitely not looking forward to the process. Still, compared to FG, MG and Undaunted lines, it's nowehere near as bad, time-wise.
    • Hamrb
      Hamrb
      ✭✭✭✭
      Other (explain)?
      Hamrb wrote: »
      i enjoyed the dialogue, and revisiting some locations i haven't been to in ages. the first and second run through were ok. after that it is pure busy work and a drag. but then again, so is the mage guild and sky shard grind.

but at least you can do the shards and lorebooks as you quest and move around. the psijic line requires you to head back and forth in a non linear manner
      Founder of Sheogorath's Mortals NA PC

Exiled Lannister EP Sorc dps
      Hamrb EP Temp healer or dps
      l mufasa l EP Stamblade
      Fat Tyrion EP DK dps
      Mia Stone AD DK tank or dps
      Finn the Altmer AD Nightmage
      Launch Pad McQuack DC DK DPS
      Sterk Stonecrusher EP Stamplar
      -Wabba Jack DC Stam Sorc
      Sheo's Sweeper DC Magicka Temp
    • Chrysa1is
      Chrysa1is
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Other (explain)?
      Running around the whole of the game looking for seals isnt what i had in mind, but at least it made levelling up the Psijic Order skill line easy as hell, because that is all i cared about.
    • Heka Cain
      Heka Cain
      ✭✭✭
      It was cr@p...Summerset the place is good tho...will not be completing the psijic grind on any of my other toons...lazy effort by ZOS on the psijic skill line farce!
    • Facefister
      Facefister
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I've found Summerset overwall lacklustering. The setting was gorgeous, boringly gorgeous. No memorable quests or NPCs(except for Razum-dar but hey, he exists since the beginning). Overall it felt like a bigger DLC, which doesn't justify the price tag.

The Psijic "treasure" hunting was tedious and I am forcing myself to do it on a second character.
      Edited by Facefister on June 19, 2018 11:11AM
    • mumbling-midget
      mumbling-midget
      ✭✭✭
      I really enjoyed it. Not sure if that enjoyment will extend to all my other characters though. :D

Vietfox wrote: »
      The only thing that made the psijic questline entertaining was the talking skull. I would pay lots of crowns to have it permanently and comment everything from pve and pvp.
      PS: i call him Murray. People of culture will know why :smiley:

Blast from the past ! *note to self* 'bout time i went through my old games B)

• AlienSlof
      AlienSlof
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I love to explore anyway, and I usually combine these with treasure maps, gathering mats, books and skyshards and fishing. It's relaxing and I can do it while watching the World Cup footy and enjoying a cold drink.
      Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
    • Avnr
      Avnr
      ✭✭✭
      Other (explain)?
      boring as hell , 3 hours... non stop

no power to do it again with my other 10 or even with one of them
    • Darieltis
      Darieltis
      Only the Augur made it bearable.
    • mareeelb16_ESO
      mareeelb16_ESO
      ✭✭✭
      I really enjoyed doing it... probably helped by not being in a crazy rush to finish. I kinda liked not having exact locations pinpointed on a map - I'm not a huge fan of being spoon-fed every step of the way - and I'm honestly a bit puzzled by all those complaining how inaccurate the map was - it didn't seem too bad at all.

I generally think that a lot more people would enjoy the game if they took the 'journey' as part of the fun instead of going on a helter-skelter mad dash for the 'finish line'.