The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Did you find the Psijic Questline Fun?

Lazrael
Lazrael
✭✭✭
I've been trying to wrap up the Psijic Quests, but am finding it a real drag. For me it just seems like an endless stream of fetch quests.
Feeling fairly dissuaded from doing this on multiple characters.
Just wondering what the community thinks.

Cheers
Artists and Theives...

Did you find the Psijic Questline Fun? 453 votes

I enjoy the Psijic quests!
24%
flintstonetheskymovesvailjohn_ESOItsMeToolordspyderchayne424b14_ESOdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOGlassHalfFullAlurriaLisaFaulgorTryxusAimorajedtb16_ESOmareeelb16_ESOAlienSlofkwisatzBleakravenKiramekuZairanArainai 109 votes
I found the Psijic quests tedious!
63%
WaTeR-aBuSeRSolarikenWatchYourSixxMoloch1514mesnaWillardCaligamy_ESOMojmirNewBlacksmurfcalitrumanb14_ESOInklingsGrymmoireEsha76SigtricDarcyMardinMarginisMopeyHatRDMyers65b14_ESOrileynotzb14_ESOBadRNG 288 votes
Other (explain)?
12%
dodgehopper_ESOkitcat300_ESOGythralquadraxis666JunipusBam_BamMateiSamadhiElsirNeroBadsrfrogg23pinkempyrealThunder_DownunderDanteYodaSarevoccOmmy71ListerJMCHamrbDefiltedcjhhickman39 56 votes
  • Kleev
    Kleev
    ✭✭
    Well, it's no worse than the Mage one which is just picking up lorebooks throughout Tamriel. Not sure what anyone else really expected?

For me it was pretty poor, the story line was poorly cobbled together, the fight at the end was just abysmal. Meh.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That quest, to unlock the skill line, is simple and takes very little time with https://mmobits.com/2018/05/09/psijic-order-skill-line-quest-and-time-breach-location-guide/#howget (from a thread in this forum)

The Augur (sp?) is pretty awesome
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Between killing thousands of daedra/closing hundreds of dolmens, hunting down overdue library books/handling the Mad God's relics, or going on the Annual Psijic Order Scavenger Hunt...

I'll take the scavenger hunt. 60-ish breaches and 8 staff fragments was not that bad, comparatively.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luckily us meatbrains have wonderful companionship on our quests to seal those breaches
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've done it twice now. The first time it was new and not too bad. The second was on a new character and I used it as an excuse to grab sky shards and dolmens picking flowers along the way. It wasn't too bad doing it like that.

If I were to do it a third time, which is unlikely, i would treat them like lore books and grab them if I were in the area.

I could have voted yes or no. I did mildly enjoy it, but the novelty would wear off quickly. The Augur was funny.
  • Heka Cain
    Heka Cain
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! It's truly fab and I've completed it on all twenty nine of my toons! I'm off to buy more toon slots now, so that I can do it all over again!
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    have 3 in progress and have completed it on 2.

on the high level toon it was just wayshrine hopping but it was interesting to take that toon to places it has not been in a looong time. plus all the mats gathered along the way made it worthwhile.

also done on a low level toon. started at lvl24 ended at lvl31. it was a blast. going to unknown maps to find the locations, having to cross unknown maps to get to unknown maps to find locations. most fun i've had in this game for a long time.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heka Cain wrote: »
    Yes! It's truly fab and I've completed it on all twenty nine of my toons! I'm off to buy more toon slots now, so that I can do it all over again!

liar
  • Eeri_Ravencaw
    Eeri_Ravencaw
    ✭✭✭
    Other (explain)?
    I wouldn't call it fun but it's not that bad neither. I just do it and gather nodes at the same time. Works for me.
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain)?
    Can't comment as the only thing I've done so far was the intro quest to save oracle Marieve.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other (explain)?
    The only thing that made the psijic questline entertaining was the talking skull. I would pay lots of crowns to have it permanently and comment everything from pve and pvp.
    PS: i call him Murray. People of culture will know why :smiley:
  • Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest though, it really didn't differ from most of the rest of the questing in the game. Go there, fetch that, return here. Now do that 10 times. Congrats, you are now a Psijic. I didn't care for leveling this at all, and really had to force myself to complete it. At the same time, I really didn't expect anything more than what was delivered; which in the grand scheme of things is disappointing in itself.
  • Ragebull
    Ragebull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it definitely wasn't fun, I mean I like to ride around on my mount and look at stuff but damn
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From a lore geek's perspective its priceless. A grinder on the other hand might find it dull.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • WarMasterCyp
    WarMasterCyp
    ✭✭✭
    I was kinda disappointed with the questline and even the side quests with all the "close time rifts" DAI style..
  • Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Overall, I enjoyed it for the simple reason that it took me to places around Tamriel that I hadn't been to in a long time. I rarely do dungeons but have completed a vast majority of the other overland content, so I usually spend all my time in Cyrodiil. It was nice to travel around to several locations throughout each zone as opposed to one spot or so during events like the New Life Festival.
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel like closing the rifts should have been more meaningful because it was very tedious. That being said, if they made it more meaningful it would just become that much more tedious when you run another toon through it.
    Xbox One Na
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It was more dull than anything really.
    Story was so predictable you could see it from a mile away and the quests to close each rift/gather the staff fragments really wasn't anything special. The Augur made it feel less tedious but overall, it was pretty bad
    Argonian forever
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed them thanks to the Augur.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other (explain)?
    Enjoyed the random comments and learning about the characters the first time
    the second time it started to feel more tedious; particularly as choosing different dialogue options does not really impact the flow of the quest

the third time, thought to myself 'this is so boring'
    then remembered the alternative may be something like leveling Undaunted
    and became immensely grateful that ZOS gated the new skills and passives behind something quick and easy to do

the fourth time, had already memorized most of the locations and barely needed to glance at the guide
    may come back and update after my fifteenth time
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    I think it had more story than the Dark Brotherhood. I haven't done its dailies yet, if there are any, but they can't be less tedious than the DB ones. :)
    Jord.

As I burn down and murder, I know that God forgives.
    'Spite all the things I've done my soul yet forever lives.
    And all those caught in the shadow of my wings have cause to fear.
    I swear on all I've done, no evil shall linger here.

• Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    The first quest bugged out on me, but otherwise it was a pretty fun questline.
  • Willard
    Willard
    ✭✭✭
    Run here, get this get that, run here do it some more....Not so much fun:(

Thanks to Augur the for the few bright moments in the quest:)
    Edited by Willard on June 17, 2018 11:37PM
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found it quicker than Mages guild on Console. I liked that when i turned in the quests i got a full level of the Psijic line.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really liked the Augur. The first time I did it on my main it wasn't too bad. Then I tried to do it on a new Psijic themed character and it was horribly long. Now I am looking at around 30 Alts and thinking no way I can endure doing this that many times, even to just get started will take ages and unlike Mages and Fighters that you can level just as you do other stuff this you have to make specific journeys.
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
    Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
    Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
    Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
    Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
    Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
    Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
    Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
    EU
    Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS
    Makush gro-Shurgal Orc DK DC Tank
    Cleopatra Tharn Imperial Sorc EP Healer
    Daenerys Targaryin Nord Templar DC Healer
    Zar Saarshar Khajiit NB DC Thief
    Celrith High Elf Sorc EP Assassin
    Falcar Dark Elf NB DC Necromancer
    Myriam Blaylock Breton NB EP Vampire
    Nivrillin Wood Elf NB DC Werewolf
  • quadraxis666
    quadraxis666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain)?
    Plot was fun. The actual map/breech hunt was a tedious chore.
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lazrael wrote: »
    I've been trying to wrap up the Psijic Quests, but am finding it a real drag. For me it just seems like an endless stream of fetch quests.
    Feeling fairly dissuaded from doing this on multiple characters.
    Just wondering what the community thinks.

Cheers

Anything in Morrowwind is a fetch quest.
  • Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    They could have been worse but having the quest make you travel all over the map and hide them in crazy spots is a pain for a lower level character.

• TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its nice enough. Sure, a little tenious, bot no more then many many other things, and at least the "breach search" and "follow the breaches to the prize" things are a refreshing change from "find the lorebooks" or "just kill things, daedric things", or "do dungeons, a lot" or the so much more annoying "steal/murder missions until guildup"...
    Lirkin wrote: »
    They could have been worse but having the quest make you travel all over the map and hide them in crazy spots is a pain for a lower level character.
    ...aaaand that is why they should not plop lowbies into sumerset, but let them start through the old mainstory like we all did at first! But eh... not like you can't jusat leave summerset and do it that way anyhow, right? ;)
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The first couple of zones that needed breaches sealed were ok, but was just repeating the same stuff over again.

Got a bit boring to be honest.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP