Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Werewolf Feedback Thread

• Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    cmvet wrote: »
    Glory wrote: »
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    Qbiken wrote: »
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    Chrlynsch wrote: »
    Haink wrote: »
    @Chrlynsch Thanks man! Good write up. The PVP section is what I was sadly expecting. I think my WW in PvP may be retired for a bit.

Haink, I may be worth giving Blood Moon a go on your werewolf in PVP, it really is a satisfying set to use for a werewolf as you overwhelm your opponent with a hail of slaps.

Seriously ?

I guess most of us run heavy x 5 + sustain set , can you still 1 vs about 3 - 4 at the same time with blood moon ?
    I dont think so .

Who said anything about solo werewolf? That died with Scalebreaker, because people didn't want to L2P....

Get yourself a guard-bot and off you go :)

Lol... you're right !

TBH , I never play with other WW ... I lost control when Im in BG or cyrodiil :#

One of my least favorite sights in PvP has been seeing the large wolfpacks that occasionally pop up (community events, guilds, etc.). Absolutely terrifying and often results in instant death.

Tell me that was an ironic comment please...

How are picked class representatives ? I feel some disturbance in the force.

I think he just went back in time cause that hasn't been a sight in cyrodiil in a while.

yeah but as class rep he could had least feign better ignorance :)

What? I've been around long enough to see people do community events like werewolf groups, sorcerer mine groups, etc?

I'm fully aware that Werewolf is not prevalent in PvP.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • liningtonsweldingb16_ESO
    Wws need serious help. Damage and healing needs a boost
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wws need serious help. Damage and healing needs a boost

Agreed, way over nerfed because they were strong under 50.

Best fix is to move cc higher up in the WW tree. You can’t standardize WW abilities without WWs having access to class passives. WWs have evaporated in pvp, I literally haven’t seen one since the last patch.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • ScardyFox
    ScardyFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets see... my last post was December and left the game from bugs and them not knowing what they're doing with werewolves.

Time to see if Werewolf has gotten any... oh...

I'll try again in another ten months. Goodluck guys, you're just a gluten for punishment at this point.
  • cmvet
    cmvet
    ✭✭✭
    So would anyone else like to be able to have an arena set weapon that could work on ww? We can't currently use any of the arena weapons (maelstrom, asylum, dsa, brp) while in werewolf form. They all require a skill that we can't use while transformed.

Maybe just change a weapon so that it procs when you cast a class skill every x seconds rather than a specific skill.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/495873/pts-patch-notes-v5-2-2#latest

In a future patch during this PTS cycle, we will be increasing the total damage of any Damage over Time abilities that were adjusted in PTS v5.2.0 by approximately 20% to reduce situations where many of the abilities felt difficult to maintain outside of nanosecond perfect rotation. This means there will be an overall reduction in damage from DoT abilities of approximately 33% compared to what is currently on the Live megaservers.

I do believe that WW should have their DOT from light attacks, kept as they are currently on live server (more or less, or at least close to). Because of bleed mechanics changes, Werewolves are no longer able to keep pressure on enemies. So having stronger DOT than others, would help a lot on that and will kinda keep a "theme" of WW (bleed pressure is a part their "identity").

Besides ZOS said, that WW skills should deal 25% more dmg, but cost 25% more. I think this logic should also be applied to DOT dmg from light attacks.

I also do hope that even if they will slightly un-nerf DOTs overall, they will also keep WW Claws of Life heal over time:
    "Heals you for 100% of the Disease Damage done. "

A better heal over time would lift some of the magicka management sustain Werewolf build have to have to basically be able to survive.
  • Marcus_Cassius
    So would anyone else like to be able to have an arena set weapon that could work on ww? We can't currently use any of the arena weapons (maelstrom, asylum, dsa, brp) while in werewolf form. They all require a skill that we can't use while transformed.

Maybe just change a weapon so that it procs when you cast a class skill every x seconds rather than a specific skill.

Would be happy if they revert changes from previous patch. Arena weapons working for ww ? You are not thinking about it! That would be far too much coding for those poor overworked devs! :)
    Be happy if we have a single change if at all...
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One topic that is brought up many times but not often directly discussed is werewolf form and their class passives.

As of now some classes carry many passives that help while in werewolf form. In my opinion some of the class passives should have their requirements removed in order to better balance disparities between classes.

Here is a current list of the class passives that carry over to werewolf form that I pulled from @Alcast 's site https://alcasthq.com/eso-werewolf-build-pve/ (some of the info does need updated so I have adjusted the list to reflect current passives). My suggested class passives that should have conditions removed or altered are noted by *.

Sorcerer (No Changes)

-5% cost on Stamina and Magicka abilities

+10% Magicka Recovery

+5% Physical Damage

+After blocking an attack, your next Health, Magicka, or Stamina Ability costs 15% less

+Increases your damage done against enemies by 1% for every 10% current Health they have

Templar

+6% Weapon Damage

+2640 Spell Resistance

-4% Stamina, Magicka and Ultimate cost

+20% increased resurrection speed. Resurrected allies revive with 100% more health.

*When you deal damage with direct damage, you have a 25% chance to deal an additional X Physical Damage or X Magic Damage, whichever is higher. This effect can occur once every 0.5 seconds.

Dragonknight

+10% Block Mitigation

+3300 Spell Resistance

+Replenish 13,800 Stamina, Health and  Magicka when transforming.

+Increases the damage of your Burning and Poisoned status effects by 50%. When you apply Burning to an enemy, you restore 500 Magicka. When you apply Poisoned to an enemy, you restore 500 Stamina.

+Increase the range of instant melee abilites by 2m

*Searing Heat:
    Increases the damage of your Fiery Breath, Searing Strike, and Dragonknight Standard abilities by 10% and the duration by 2 seconds.

This is just added on to the base abilities and passive changes to;

Searing Touch:
    Your light and heavy attacks have a 25% chance to affect your target with burning and poisoned status effects.

Nightblade

+15% Health Recovery -->

+15% Stamina Recovery -->

+15% Magicka Recovery -->

*Pressure Points:
    Increases your Critical Damage by 10%. (Moved from Hemorrhage)
    Increases your Weapon Critical and Spell Critical ratings by 438 for each Assassination ability slotted. Current bonus: 0.

*Increases your Maximum Magicka by 8%

Warden

-15% snare effectiveness

+10% HP if maturation passive procs

* Flourish: Increases your Magicka and Stamina Recovery by 12%

*Natures Gift: When you heal an ally you gain 250 Magicka or 250 Stamina, whichever resource pool is lower. This effect can occur once every 1 second.

*Peircing Cold: Increases your Magic, Frost and Direct Damage by 6%.

Necromancer

10% more damage with damage over time effects.

1250 Max Health

While you have a negative effect on you, your Healing Done is increased by 8%

*Dismember: Your Spell and Physical Penetration are increased by 1500.

*Death Gleaning: Whenever an enemy you are in combat with dies within 28 meters of you, restore 200 Magicka and Stamina.

Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    @Chrlynsch Thanks for the info, updated the effects
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a short question, because I already got confused...
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/496654/pts-patch-notes-v5-2-3#latest

Werewolf:
    - Infectious Claws: Increased the Damage over Time portion of this ability and its morphs by 50%.

But it seems that they have left other changes from PTS 5.2.0 to this skill as they were:
    - Claws of Life (morph): This morph now heals for 100% of the damage caused, instead of 50%.

Does that mean that this skill will actually have decent heal over time ? Can some one test it how it is on PTS vs Live server ? Is the *new* heal smaller or bigger ?
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on October 7, 2019 9:01PM
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/496654/pts-patch-notes-v5-2-3#latest

Werewolf:
    - Infectious Claws: Increased the Damage over Time portion of this ability and its morphs by 50%.

But it seems that they have left changes other changes from PTS 5.2.0 to this skill as the were:
    - Claws of Life (morph): This morph now heals for 100% of the damage caused, instead of 50%.

Does that mean that this skill will actually have decent heal over time ? Can some one test it how it is on PTS vs Live server ? Is the *new* heal smaller or bigger ?

I am going to test this out tonight when I can get on the PTS. I will report my findings.
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Werewolf:

But it seems that they have left other changes from PTS 5.2.0 to this skill as they were:

And the Deadly Strike set will increase the damage/heal 14%.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jaraal wrote: »

Werewolf:

And the Deadly Strike set will increase the damage/heal 14%.

20% actually, according to the PTS Patch 5.2.3 as deadly strike got buffed from 14% to 20%.

Even though Howl of Despair is alright, I feel that the “Feeding Frenzy” synergy could use some fine tuning, like make it so that when an ally activates it, you and the activator gain unlimited use of empower for 5 seconds rather than just the activator, at the existential cost of only being able to activate the synergy once every 10 seconds for the caster seeing as light attacks are what make werewolves very dangerous.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Werewolf:

Werewolf
    Infectious Claws:
    This ability and its morphs now immediately apply the Diseased status effect to enemies hit, and do Disease Damage rather than a hybrid of Physical and Disease Damage.
    Decreased the damage per tick of these abilities by approximately 60%.
    Claws of Life (morph): This morph now heals for 100% of the damage caused, instead of 50%. This will still result in an overall reduction, since the base damage has been reduced.

100 * 0.4 * 1.5 = 60
    40% nerf approximately

In PVE , what I see is damage nerf , you also have a healer in group play , WW should focus on damage .
    Maybe some players use it in solo content like VMA , but it takes 10 sec to heal you , it can't save the player at right time .

In PVP , I think WW run Claws of Anguish instead of Claws of Life , isn't it ?

From ZOS
    With our ongoing ability standard audit, we’ve taken Werewolf and set their abilities to be 25% “more” per cast, meaning when compared to a similar ability category, the Werewolf version should deal 25% more damage but cost 25% more

Hircine’s Bounty:
    Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs by 25%.
    Reduced the healing to 37.5% of your Max Health from 45% of your Max Health, which is 25% stronger than the standard 30%.

Werewolf Transformation:
    Reduced the damage dealt by your Light and Heavy Attacks with this ability and its morphs by approximately 17%.

So , damage nerf , healing nerf , all cost increased , I found no reason we should play WW unless we do like WW too much .

I have some question with the healing part , I random use 2 class healing samples

Winter’s Embrace
    Cost : 4321
    Arctic Wind:
    Updated the healing from this ability and its morphs to happen faster and be focused more on the initial heal, rather than the heal over time.
    The initial heal now scales off 25% of your Max Health, up from 15%.
    The Heal over Time remains at 3% of your Max Health per tick, but happens every 1 second for 5 seconds instead of every 2 seconds for 10 seconds.

Simple maths
    20000 hp
    Initial healing = 20000 x 0.25 = 5000
    HOT = 3000
    Healing amount = 8000
    Healing percentage = 40%

Summon Unstable Clannfear
    Cost : 3510
    Healing percentage = 35%

Hircine’s Bounty
    Cost : 5737
    20000 hp
    Healing amount = 20000 x 0.375 = 7400
    Healing percentage = 37.5%

ZOS , you may right with the healing part , but you hided the cost issue which affect WW performance directly .
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some testing from the 5.2.3 pts the math behind what has changed can be misleading.

Infectious Claws:
    This ability and its morphs now immediately apply the Diseased status effect to enemies hit, and do Disease Damage rather than a hybrid of Physical and Disease Damage.

Claws of Life (morph): This morph now heals for 100% of the damage caused, instead of 50%. This will still result in an overall reduction, since the base damage has been reduced.

Werewolf Transformation: Fixed many issues where this ability could persist without meeting the proper requirements.

Werewolf Berserker (morph): Decreased the damage per tick of the bleed applied from this morph by approximately 48%.

Infectious Claws: Increased the Damage over Time portion of this ability and its morphs by 50%.

Werewolf Transformation

Werewolf Berserker (morph): Increased the Damage over Time from this morph’s bleed by approximately 24%.

What it really means from live to Dragonhold

Infectious Claws:

Decreased the damage per tick of these abilities by approximately 40%.

(Slight healing increase over live)

Werewolf Transformation: Fixed many issues where this ability could persist without meeting the proper requirements.

Werewolf Berserker (morph): Decreased the damage per tick of the bleed applied from this morph by approximately 35.52%.

Parses

Werewolf DPS with sorc orc on 5.2.3 pts;

Slime, Perfected Rele, BM: 49k on 6mil
    Kena, Perfected Rele, BM: 81k on 21mil (Iron)

Notes: Keeping Claws up does give a slight DPS increase this patch, this means you can keep self heals coming in while doing optimal dps.
    Edited by Chrlynsch on October 8, 2019 5:37AM
    Caius
    PC NA
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm time to wake up my ww again from hibernation
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • brtomkin
    brtomkin
    ✭✭✭
    Are the dot damage increases in pts 5.2.3 increased from live values or from the pts 5.2.0 nerfed values?

PS5 NA: Pickmans__Model, CP 2000+
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    brtomkin wrote: »
    Are the dot damage increases in pts 5.2.3 increased from live values or from the pts 5.2.0 nerfed values?

Nerfed values
    Caius
    PC NA
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some testing from the 5.2.3 pts the math behind what has changed can be misleading.

Infectious Claws:

Werewolf Berserker (morph): Decreased the damage per tick of the bleed applied from this morph by approximately 48%.

Infectious Claws: Increased the Damage over Time portion of this ability and its morphs by 50%.

Werewolf Transformation

Werewolf Berserker (morph): Increased the Damage over Time from this morph’s bleed by approximately 24%.

Infectious Claws:

Werewolf Berserker (morph): Decreased the damage per tick of the bleed applied from this morph by approximately 35.52%.

Parses

Notes: Keeping Claws up does give a slight DPS increase this patch, this means you can keep self heals coming in while doing optimal dps.

@Chrlynsch do you mind sharing your parse vid or metrics?
  • cmvet
    cmvet
    ✭✭✭

Infectious Claws:

Werewolf Transformation

Infectious Claws:

Parses

On Console, using kena, reglar relequen, and bloodmoon I still can not approach 81k dps on Iron. 65-67k is the best I seem to be able to achieve. How frequently are you using howl? Every 1,2,3,or 4th LA?

Will try 6mil dummy tonight and see where I'm at.
  • FenrisWolf1136
    FenrisWolf1136
    ✭✭✭

Infectious Claws:

Werewolf Transformation

Infectious Claws:

Parses

On Console, using kena, reglar relequen, and bloodmoon I still can not approach 81k dps on Iron. 65-67k is the best I seem to be able to achieve. How frequently are you using howl? Every 1,2,3,or 4th LA?

Whats your class and race? On my sorc orc i max out at 73k with the same setup. 65-67k is max on my nord dragonknight. I weave the howls in every light attack, every other time after bloodmoon finishes its proc, and every 3-4 light attacks normally. "When stam isn't too low and kena is up when howling."
    Programmer of FenrisBot for discord.
    The helper bot for ESO. Console Focused.
    Check out https://norsewolfgames.com/fenrisbot for more information or to add it to your discord!
  • cmvet
    cmvet
    ✭✭✭

Infectious Claws:

Werewolf Transformation

Infectious Claws:

Parses

Whats your class and race? On my sorc orc i max out at 73k with the same setup. 65-67k is max on my nord dragonknight. I weave the howls in every light attack, every other time after bloodmoon finishes its proc, and every 3-4 light attacks normally. "When stam isn't too low and kena is up when howling."

Yep, orc, sorc, weaving every 2-3 la except when bloodmoon proc'd. Are you using 2h or dual weild? Infused, nirn, or sharpend? What mundus? I just cant seem to approach the numbers you guys are getting. Are you canceling the howl somehow? Also, are you runing bloodthirsty? and how many.
    Edited by cmvet on October 10, 2019 12:39AM
  • FenrisWolf1136
    FenrisWolf1136
    ✭✭✭
    Dual wield, 2 sharpened, shadow mundus, and all 3 bloodthirsty. No howl canceling that im aware of lol.
    Programmer of FenrisBot for discord.
    The helper bot for ESO. Console Focused.
    Check out https://norsewolfgames.com/fenrisbot for more information or to add it to your discord!
  • cmvet
    cmvet
    ✭✭✭
    Dual wield, 2 sharpened, shadow mundus, and all 3 bloodthirsty. No howl canceling that im aware of lol.

yeah, I'm using dual weild, 1 nirn (weapon damag), 1 infused (poison), shadow, and just robust on jewelry, will have to switch to bloodtirsty. Can't believe bloodthirsty makes that drastic of a difference.
  • happyhughes2001
    happyhughes2001
    ✭✭✭✭
    My 2 pain points for WW;

1. I would like a buff to the Salvation set. Increasing the weapon damage slightly and making it also applicable in human form. Or keep the weapon damage low but reduce WW transformation by 50%

2. The heal is very expensive. How about reducing the cost dramatically but introducing something like the Sorc skill streak? If you use it to frequently or too much within a certain amount of time the cost increase is double, then triple for example? This would still encourage tactical play but not make us build so much around our second stat pool?

What are people’s thoughts?

Thanks
  • Kilcosu
    Kilcosu
    ✭✭✭
    The fact of the matter when it comes to werewolf in general is no matter how much feedback is given (see the last 3-6 months of solid theorycrafter and werewolf mains posts in this very thread) our playstyle is outright being ignored.

there has been no suggestion given thus far or complaint too great that has gotten the attention of developers. I do believe that class reps have expressed our concerns but they too fell on deaf ears.
    @Alcast

in regards to healing it's not even our secondary resource. werewolves have to build into a solid health pool after stamina to even see a decent effect from the overly expensive and only self heal we have in a pvp meta that stacks 4 to 5 different HoTs and burst heals in our opponents kit stacked with so many percentages based damage mitigation.

and Iight attacks connecting on literally anybody still sucks in cyrodiil large groups with pings getting pretty high. (surprise!!)

my thoughts this patch.
  • brtomkin
    brtomkin
    ✭✭✭
    I have continued to spend an excessive amount of time in werewolf form this patch, almost exclusively in PVP. I have continuously adjusted my build and playstyle over the last few months. I finally feel reasonably comfortable. However, I have decided that in order to achieve a level of survivability that I am comfortable with, I have had to give up a significant amount of killing power. I assume that this was intended in the name of "balance." So, my suggestions for werewolf lie more in the utility category.

1. Make the direwolves "pulse" their debuff similar to the effect of Fasalla's Guile armor set. Also, add a buff for allies in the area, something like minor vitality for allies within 5 meters of a direwolf.
    2. Give some kind of magic sustain - something simple like adding a return of 500 Magicka on heavy attacks to the Pursuit passive.
    3. Give an active, non-damage ultimate ability for use in werewolf form - maybe a choice between a "buff my team" morph or a "debuff the enemy" morph. Ultimate gained in werewolf form obviously has to reset when you leave werewolf form.

Edited by brtomkin on November 17, 2019 3:05PM
    PS5 NA: Pickmans__Model, CP 2000+
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    brtomkin wrote: »
    I have continued to spend an excessive amount of time in werewolf form this patch, almost exclusively in PVP. I have continuously adjusted my build and playstyle over the last few months. I finally feel reasonably comfortable. However, I have decided that in order to achieve a level of survivability that I am comfortable with, I have had to give up a significant amount of killing power. I assume that this was intended in the name of "balance." So, my suggestions for werewolf lie more in the utility category.

1. Make the direwolves "pulse" their debuff similar to the effect of Fasalla's Guile armor set. Also, add a buff for allies in the area, something like minor vitality for allies within 5 meters of a direwolf.
    2. Give some kind of magic sustain - something simple like adding a return of 500 Magicka on heavy attacks to the Pursuit passive.
    3. Give an active, non-damage ultimate ability for use in werewolf form - maybe a choice between a "buff my team" morph or a "debuff the enemy" morph. Ultimate gained in werewolf form obviously has to reset when you leave werewolf form.

We come back to how the 25% more damage and 25% higher cost doesn't make sense for pvp werewolf balance.

Here is another testimonial on how too much damage is sacrificed in order to have anything close to self survivability. Leaving similar or lower damage output compared to our human competitors.
    Caius
    PC NA
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw an RPer offering 20K for a WW bite in The Rift last night. No takers appeared, likely because just about everyone has pulled all their skill points out of it.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw an RPer offering 20K for a WW bite in The Rift last night. No takers appeared, likely because just about everyone has pulled all their skill points out of it.

Not to mention, they can still buy a werewolf bite in the Crown Store.... so it's curious that ZOS would hurt themselves in the pocketbook by nerfing us into irrelevancy.

Edited by Jaraal on November 17, 2019 8:24PM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.