The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[Class Rep] Werewolf Feedback Thread

• FenrisWolf1136
    FenrisWolf1136
    ✭✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »
    Nefas wrote: »
    @Chrlynsch

Great write up! Particularly on the Pack Leader morph. Will be bookmarking this post and will use it as reference.

Awesome thanks!

Agreed. Awesome write up. Only thing i would say i would like to see added is the adjustment of the timer on the werewolf. When traveling through doors and when in load screens, i think the timer should pause.

Maybe when in dungeons and trials, (like the damage % buff for sets that detect that), the timer is extended slightly to allow easier uptime when no bodies are around to devour. (March of sacrifices indrik boss fight for example). Doesn't need to be much of a tweak, just a few extra seconds to be able to make it from phase to phase.
    Edited by FenrisWolf1136 on September 26, 2019 2:59AM
    Programmer of FenrisBot for discord.
    The helper bot for ESO. Console Focused.
    Check out https://norsewolfgames.com/fenrisbot for more information or to add it to your discord!
  • cmvet
    cmvet
    ✭✭✭
    @Chrlynsch

Great write up! Particularly on the Pack Leader morph. Will be bookmarking this post and will use it as reference.

Awesome thanks!

Agreed. Awesome write up. Only thing i would say i would like to see added is the adjustment of the timer on the werewolf. When traveling through doors and when in load screens, i think the timer should pause.

Maybe when in dungeons and trials, (like the damage % buff for sets that detect that), the timer is extended slightly to allow easier uptime when no bodies are around to devour. (March of sacrifices indrik boss fight for example). Doesn't need to be much of a tweak, just a few extra seconds to be able to make it from phase to phase.

what about making the timer run down only when you are in combat but maybe tick down a bit quicker to offset your aility to add time while you are pouncing or light attacking?
    Edited by cmvet on September 26, 2019 3:09AM
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...The change to the Blood Moon set was definitely the Werewolf's salvation in Dragonhold. Werewolf would have been better off if they would have been given a flat buff to LA damage again, instead of beefing up Blood Moon's proc damage.

Good point, but changing the Blood Moon set will result in more DLC purchases from now until they nerf the set again in an update or two. So...

... Devour should be moved from the synergy activation because it isn't a proper synergy, it often gets way of the proper synergy you are trying to activate at the moment or fire a synergy when you are trying to devour.

Back before I cured my WWs, frequently having to start eating group members before I could activate a rez was annoying.

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is my full review of the current werewolf skill line for Dragon Hold.

Warning contains opinions.

PVE:

Kena, Rele, Bloodmoon (Berserker) is comparably powerful and still is an option for endgame content. Werewolf still lacks variety when it comes to builds that can be used. Werewolves need to have something added to their kit that provides value to the group.

Their heal is still overpriced, and the nerf to the damage and heal from claws of life is noticeable.

Pack Leader is still the lost puppy morph. The debuffs that this morph apply are too common to provide value for the majority of content in the game. I will suggest changes for this morph later.

The loss of bleed damage will require some retuning of abilites and most builds not utilizing Blood Moon will come off feeling rather lacking.

The change to the Blood Moon set was definitely the Werewolf's salvation in Dragonhold. Werewolf would have been better off if they would have been given a flat buff to LA damage again, instead of beefing up Blood Moon's proc damage. This would at least have given non Blood Moon set ups a better chance to compete. The removal of the crit requirement and reduction in cooldown is welcome change.

Pack Leader's food is a novelty to werewolves, and isn't even best in slot for dps. It grants roughly 5% cost reduction for the werewolf transformation, and for the cost of werewolf abilities.

PVP :

The loss of Werewolf's dot damage is definitely noticeable in PVP, as healing had gone untouched.

Both the bleed and the Dot from claws were once used to apply mild pressure to your target then you would utilize howl and heavy combos to burst down your targets. This method is sadly no longer viable on competent opponents. Werewolf simply lacks the sustained pressure it once had in order to execute these combos, the damage from once formidable dots are now nothing more than a burning sensation when your enemies go to the bathroom.

I really only had success after I added Blood Moon into my pvp load out. The main issue with werewolf in pvp is that it has to sacrifice offensive sets for defensive sets in order to survive in the environment. This is where it falls behind standard builds in pvp, The heal requires too much offensive sacrifice in order become an effective defensive tool. It shouldn't be too hard to design a heal that falls into the strength of the standard stamina loadout.

A nice change for PVP wolves is that using Claws of Anguish will apply both Major and Minor Defile to its targets (unless they are Argonian, immune to minor). This could be very powerful and useful tool for group play.

The Hircine's Heal still remains absolutely ridiculously costly. In Scalebreaker the mission statement of the werewolf was stated;
    " ...goal of the Werewolf experience - a fast paced threat that is a terrifying foe on the battlefield. Activating Werewolf abilities should feel distinct in nature from other abilities in terms of their consequences; they should feel more powerful, but more costly."

The current heal does not live up to the goal that ZOS set for the werewolf abilies. This heal, simply put, belongs in the kit of a tank. Seeing as Werewolf's damage has been brought in line to feel 25% more powerful but 25% more costly, it just doesn't make sense that werewolf has to deviate from that damage path that ZOS set forth in order to their secure their own survival.

Every other DD both Magic and Stamina becomes more sufficient in self preservation and damage the more that they invest into their respective build.

The heal scaling on this ability was ripe for exploiting before scalecaller, but that is because werewolf could simply equip some broken sets to rely on damage like Torug's and bleed damage then focus cheesing the WW heal for max survival. You fixed the first part than broke the last part.

Suggested Solutions:
    Previously, a big portion of Werewolf's burst damage came from the fact that their bleed applied from their Light Attacks dealt damage immediately, and could be spammed in quick succession. This made up for the fact that immediately Light Attacking would refresh the bleed. Now with the delay, we wanted to ensure you couldn't miss the damage, so we’re making sure these bleeds couldn't refresh if they were already active. [Bold] In addition to this, we've noticed a large disparity of the performance between the Pack Leader and Berserker morph, and are currently in the midst of investigating a healthier balance between the two, other than merely adding more damage to one. [/Bold]

-Berserker: This morph should specialize at taking down large and formidable targets. Probably my most controversial suggestion would be convert the Bleed damage from Light Attacks into Oblivion Damage.
    Transform into a beast, fearing nearby enemies for 3 seconds.

While transformed your Light Attacks mark your target, Dealing 5% of the target's Maximum Health as Oblivion Damage every 1 second for 4 seconds. Maximum of 5k. Your Heavy Attacks deal 50% splash damage, and your Max Stamina is increased by 30%.

While slotted, your Stamina Recovery is increased by 15%.

-Pack Leader: I know it took over 2 years to get the direwolves working, but in their sad state I think it is time to move past the puppies and on to something else.

Pack Leader should be about enhancing the group gameplay. Possibly something as easy as granting increased light attack damage. This damage is Werewolf's primary source of damage but also is useful to humanoid groupmates as well. It also fits thematically that it is only beneficial for a pack to have 1 Leader.

Transform into a beast, fearing nearby enemies for 3 seconds.

While transformed, Allies within 28m, Minor Empower, increasing light attack damage by 15%. Your Heavy Attacks Deal 50% splash damage, snaring your opponent by 30%, and your Max Stamina is increased by 30%.

While slotted, your Stamina Recovery is increased by 15%.

-Pounce: is pretty naked still, this ability still needs a little pepper on it to make it worth it's spot on the bar. I think making Feral the base is the way to go as no werewolf enthusiast leaves home without this morph.
    We're also aware of some Werewolf abilities feeling "bare" in nature (such as Pounce) and are currently investigating some additional variation to help spice up their combat approach.
    Pounce:
    Pounce on an enemy with primal fury, dealing X Physical Damage. Pouncing from at least 10 meters away adds 4 seconds to the duration of your Werewolf Transformation.

Brutal Pounce:
    Pounce to an area with primal fury, dealing X Physical Damage to all enemies within 6m. Damaging an enemy that is at least 10 meters away adds 4 seconds to the duration of your Werewolf Transformation.
    (Streak Fatigue Added)

Feral Pounce:
    Pounce on an enemy with primal fury, dealing X Physical Damage. Deals 300% more damage to enemies below 25% Health when hitting them from the rear. Pouncing from at least 10 meters away adds 4 seconds to the duration of your Werewolf Transformation.

Devour: This animation and action has been acting a little differently each patch for the last few patches now. Currently this action fires off with synergy activation. If you move at all the total corpse is consumed and you only get one tick (or one second). Before you were able to get your last 3 ticks if you came back to it in time.

Devour should be moved from the synergy activation because it isn't a proper synergy, it often gets way of the proper synergy you are trying to activate at the moment or fire a synergy when you are trying to devour.
    Devour should become the standard action for crouch while in werewolf form, this would fix the clunky nature that it has now. It would utilize an open action, and allow us to reliably utilize the synergies.

Certain objects in trials require a werewolf to first devour a target before interacting with its synergy, orbs in cloudrest for example.

-Hircine's Heal
    Fix it

Edit: wording
    I agree with everything, except Pack Leader sugested changes. Non of the ults should have limited functionality outside of group enviroment. Pack Leader was primarly picked in solo play. Making 180 degree changes like the one proposed is not the way to go. It would be good to make this morph somehow usefull outside of group enviroment too. Since it is lacking dmg, then perhaps it should have more survivability ? Like more dmg mitigation or skill cost reduction ?

Since WW berserker is supoused to be dmg / dps morph, and (as zos stated) Pack Leader an utulity support morph, then I also sugest to add a taunt & block cost reduction to it. Simply adding % more dmg buff to your group wont work as people will only get confused that their role is a support one, but they are not a tank since ww lacks tanut.
    @Nefas
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on September 26, 2019 7:13AM
  • FenrisWolf1136
    FenrisWolf1136
    ✭✭✭
    cmvet wrote: »
    @Chrlynsch

Awesome thanks!

what about making the timer run down only when you are in combat but maybe tick down a bit quicker to offset your aility to add time while you are pouncing or light attacking?

I think that would do more harm than good really. That would make staying in form in trials and dungeons where mechanics are important much much harder. Add to it the number of times you can get stuck in combat trying to get through a door. Think just adding a buff to the timer through food or a ww set like bloodmoon would be the easiest way to tweak them.
    Check out https://norsewolfgames.com/fenrisbot for more information or to add it to your discord!
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pack Leader was primarly picked in solo play.
    Originally pack leader added time to werewolf form with heavy attacks. Thematically speaking, why should a Pack leader be the best pick for Solo play? That really that never made much sense to me. It feels like they would be out of their element, being alone.

It would be good to make this morph somehow usefull outside of group enviroment too. Since it is lacking dmg...
    The pack leader really wouldn't be that far behind in damage compared to the Berserker, the extra damage they do is just different.

For solo play:
    In PVP the Pack Leader's extra damage would be better against light enemies.

While Berserker would excel at taking down heavier armored and higher health targets.

In PVE the primary damage source of werewolf is the light attack, a buff to this source of damage does bring the pack leaders damage closer to the Berserker (within 3% damage).
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry if I did not made my point clear in my previous post.
    I simply compared the current Pack Leader morph, purposed Pack Leader morph and WW Berserker (note that it it most likely subject to change since we have some rounds on PTS left).

Current Pack Leader:
    Transform into a beast, fearing nearby enemies for 3 seconds.

While transformed your Maximum Stamina is increased by 30% and you summon two direwolves. The direwolves' basic attacks apply Minor Maim for 4 seconds, reducing the enemy's damage done by 15%. Their special attacks reduce the enemy's movement speed by 30% for 4 seconds.

While slotted, your Stamina Recovery is increased by 15%.
    Proposed Pack Leader:

While transformed, Allies within 28m, Minor Empower, increasing light attack damage by 15%. Your Heavy Attacks Deal 50% splash damage, snaring your opponent by 30%, and your Max Stamina is increased by 30%.

Werewolf Berserker:

While transformed, your Light Attacks apply a bleed for 2276 Physical Damage over 4 seconds, your Heavy Attacks deal 50% splash damage, and your Maximum Stamina is increased by 30%.

Then (assuming that the Proposed Pack Leader is suddenly live in the proposed variant), I tried to answer an honest question:
    In what scenario / type of content Pack Leader could be used ? :

- Solo overland: Nope, people will use Berserker.
    - Solo nMA / vMA: Well... Berserker is still far better.
    - Solo PvP Cyro / BGs: Well, solo (if some one will use it at all) it is still WW Berserker.
    - Group PvP Cyro / BGs: I dont see any group in Cyro dropping one of their dedicated support tanks for a WW Pack Leader. Too much hassle as it wont be possible to keep WW form for long and also drop one of more valuable tanks as a trade off ? Not gonna work.
    - IC: If any one will be using WW solo - it will still be WW Berserker. In group IC, it will be far better to run dedicated healer / pcket healer, heal-bot, rather than Pack Leader.
    - LFG tool PvE 4 man dungeons: Since it is not a "real" tank (lack of taunt) pretty much the only role is DPS, and WW Berserker will still be superior vs Pack Leader.
    - Organized PvE 4 man dungeons: I do believe that even if you will go for 2 WW Berserkers DPS + one Pack Leader, it wont be worth it and you will actually see a DMG loss vs 3 WW Berserkers. Either way you will have to drop healer or tank for that which I dont believe is a good idea...
    - 12 Man Trials: This is pretty much the only place in which you could pick one or two Pack Leader for the extra DMG buff and notice it. But then again - you will need at least 1 - 2 tanks as WW dont have a taunt.

So how does it look like ? Pretty much the only use case would be a trial casual group that does not go for hardest content or for scoreboard. Tbh. this is even more niche than current Pack Leader.

How many guilds / groups people are there that use WW in Trials ? How many % of player base ? If I were to guess it is a... tiny, tiny, tiny minority. Probably 1-2% or less.

TL;DR:
    Current Pack Leader is useless, but at least ALL players in all content can use it and have that tiny benefit (not that it is worth it).

Proposed Pack Leader: It will be even more useless from a perspective of an "Average Joe" as in almost all of the content, it will have NO benefit. The only use will be niche, niche, niche casual guilds that do easier trials. A morph for 1% of the community is not a good idea....

That is why I think it is an idea that needs some fixes. It should have something, that will make it usable in more types of content. The ideal way to balance it would be to give Pack Leader something that will make people think: Oh, WW Berserker has this and this... but oh my, Pack Leader has this !... IDK what to pick....
    ...like for example: Werewolf skill % cost reduction, or block cost reduction + Taunt on heavy attacks or simply more sustain / resource recovery & survivability.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on September 26, 2019 1:47PM
  • Haink
    Haink
    ✭✭
    @Chrlynsch Thanks man! Good write up. The PVP section is what I was sadly expecting. I think my WW in PvP may be retired for a bit.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Tommy_The_Gun

Thank you for taking the time to explain your reasoning. I did up an Excel spread to showcase the proposed changes and their impacts on Werewolf.

WARNING MATHS!

Some notes before the spread:

-15% increase to light attacks (minor empower) would increase light attack damage by roughly 7% because of how the values are calculated.

-Werewolf Bleed has a 90-92% uptime on a target dummy, this is why the 5k bleed of the purposed berserker change drops to 4600 dps and not 5k.

-The proposed changes will appear lower because it doesn't include the adjustments to purposed Feral Pounce execute damage (which will more than make up for the loss of damage elsewhere.)

Annotation_2019-09-26_143353.png

So what information could we draw from this eyesore of a chart?

-Solo Berserker(46,368k DPS) will do more damage, It is a scraper, but Pack Leader (43,557k DPS) really isn't that far behind when it comes to damage and is only 6% weaker when by itself.

-In a small group setting such as a dungeon 1 Pack Leader + 1 Berserker (93,543 DPS), will out DPS 2 Berserkers (92,736k DPS).

-In a Large group setting such as a raid, 1 Pack Leader (72,101 + 9,800 (Increased total light attack damage of 7 other non wolf DPS)) will provide more DPS than a solo Berserker (73,711 DPS)
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haink wrote: »
    @Chrlynsch Thanks man! Good write up. The PVP section is what I was sadly expecting. I think my WW in PvP may be retired for a bit.

Haink, I may be worth giving Blood Moon a go on your werewolf in PVP, it really is a satisfying set to use for a werewolf as you overwhelm your opponent with a hail of slaps.
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Haink
    Haink
    ✭✭

Haink, I may be worth giving Blood Moon a go on your werewolf in PVP, it really is a satisfying set to use for a werewolf as you overwhelm your opponent with a hail of slaps.

Appreciate the suggestion. I sadly havn't farmed it yet but may give it a go. I just yellowed all my shackles/briar/bloodspawn and got everything balanced the way I like to play so it hurts to farm another set haha...Oh well!
  • cmvet
    cmvet
    ✭✭✭

Appreciate the suggestion. I sadly havn't farmed it yet but may give it a go. I just yellowed all my shackles/briar/bloodspawn and got everything balanced the way I like to play so it hurts to farm another set haha...Oh well!

Bloodmoon isn't too bad to farm. Just run it on normal, grab blue gear and improve it.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Seriously ?

I guess most of us run heavy x 5 + sustain set , can you still 1 vs about 3 - 4 at the same time with blood moon ?
    I dont think so .
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »

Seriously ?

I guess most of us run heavy x 5 + sustain set , can you still 1 vs about 3 - 4 at the same time with blood moon ?
    I dont think so .

Who said anything about solo werewolf? That died with Scalebreaker, because people didn't want to L2P....

Get yourself a guard-bot and off you go :)
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Seriously ?

I dont think so .

Who said anything about solo werewolf? That died with Scalebreaker, because people didn't want to L2P....

Lol... you're right !

TBH , I never play with other WW ... I lost control when Im in BG or cyrodiil :#
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative

Seriously ?

I dont think so .

Lol... you're right !

TBH , I never play with other WW ... I lost control when Im in BG or cyrodiil :#

One of my least favorite sights in PvP has been seeing the large wolfpacks that occasionally pop up (community events, guilds, etc.). Absolutely terrifying and often results in instant death.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glory wrote: »
    One of my least favorite sights in PvP has been seeing the large wolfpacks that occasionally pop up (community events, guilds, etc.). Absolutely terrifying and often results in instant death.

Welp, I know what @Glory does with our werewolf feedback. ;)

DeliciousQuerulousFossa-size_restricted.gif
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought that was @Nefas :trollface:
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative

LOL

Anyone who says they enjoy being swarmed by 10-20 enemy werewolves and their wolves is a liar.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

LOL

Anyone who says they enjoy being swarmed by 10-20 enemy werewolves and their wolves is a liar.

Werewolf hugs for everyone!
    Caius
    PC NA
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

LOL

Anyone who says they saw 10-20 enemy werewolves is a liar.

Fixed! :trollface:
  • FenrisWolf1136
    FenrisWolf1136
    ✭✭✭

LOL

I'd honestly love to see that again lol. Have not seen that since scalebreaker hit.
    Also, That could be said for anything. What's scarier is a group of bombers that come out of no where. So many dead zerglings!
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to take a second to thank the class reps for actually responding in here. I can come across as prickly, but I wanted to actually express that it is good that our feedback is at least reaching the devs.

So thank you :)
  • SosRuvaak
    SosRuvaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax hasn't even looked at ww since all this mess and I feel they will ignore it for longer than I can hold out for. (I did unsub)
    It's just pure ignorance on their part and I really hate them for it. The community has given soo much feedback. Do we not count??
    For the Pact!
    ~Sump Scales~
    Lusty Argonian Nightblade
    ~Baron Humbert von Gikkingen~
    Smokes-His-Greens
    ~Ruvaak~
  • crazywolfpusher
    crazywolfpusher
    ✭✭✭
    SosRuvaak wrote: »
    Zenimax hasn't even looked at ww since all this mess and I feel they will ignore it for longer than I can hold out for. (I did unsub)
    It's just pure ignorance on their part and I really hate them for it. The community has given soo much feedback. Do we not count??

Dont you remember when Wolfhunter dlc was release and ww resistances were bugged until Murkmire?
    it gives you some perspective about the priorities.
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...The community has given soo much feedback. Do we not count??

No. No, you don't. Go kill some dragons.

• SosRuvaak
    SosRuvaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dont you remember when Wolfhunter dlc was release and ww resistances were bugged until Murkmire?
    it gives you some perspective about the priorities.

what about when vvardenfell went live and ww literally didnt work for MONTHS
    For the Pact!
    ~Sump Scales~
    Lusty Argonian Nightblade
    ~Baron Humbert von Gikkingen~
    Smokes-His-Greens
    ~Ruvaak~
  • Marcus_Cassius

Seriously ?

I dont think so .

Lol... you're right !

Tell me that was an ironic comment please...

How are picked class representatives ? I feel some disturbance in the force.
  • cmvet
    cmvet
    ✭✭✭

Seriously ?

I dont think so .

Lol... you're right !

I think he just went back in time cause that hasn't been a sight in cyrodiil in a while.
  • Marcus_Cassius
    cmvet wrote: »

Seriously ?

I dont think so .

Lol... you're right !

I think he just went back in time cause that hasn't been a sight in cyrodiil in a while.

yeah but as class rep he could had least feign better ignorance :)