The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

That Guy we always end up kicking from group (You're not going to like it)

• Bisbatron
    Bisbatron
    I often do a random dungeon and other people have queued as solo, just because it doesn't happen to you does not mean it doesn't happen to others. It's even worse if they are queueing for a specific dungeon and still kick 90% of players. That makes them just as bad as the "elitist" players farming for gear who kick everybody under 160cp.

The point of the random dungeon is doing a random dungeon for XP rewarded at the end, you are in no way obligated to help other people, and the majority of random dungeons are not people doing the quest, I find it rare to get people doing the quest when I queue.
    Edited by Bisbatron on May 31, 2018 4:27PM
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel bad for whomever this That Guy is he needs to get a better group of friends but he kinda seems like a mean guy but eh whatever.
    "* billion champ points" damn I mean 3600 is the absolute max but ok..."

how about doing vets I don't see why 3 manning normal dungeons is fun but ok...
    also why even use group finder if your 3 man dungeon is so awesome your waisting that 4th guys time buy kicking him
    this thread is another cleverly disguised hur dur we kicked a max level guy just because we could
    Edited by RebornV3x on May 31, 2018 4:35PM
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Tabatha
    Tabatha
    ✭✭✭
    Then find a 4th that is like minded- don’t penalize someone that wants to do things their way. How fair or equal is it for you to kick someone?
  • Asha_11_ESO
    Asha_11_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Really, what you're saying is that you want lfg to screen for jerks.

Happens in every game with lfg that I've played. Jerks. There is obviously still a purpose for said jerks to run the same content as you, or you wouldn't come across them in your runs. Changing up the dungeon to make it relevant for every player niche might be a worthwhile (though unachievable) goal, but it's not going to get rid of jerks (aka That Guy).

Edit: p.s. what timezone/part of the world are you in? Bizarrely, I've played ESO on and off since beta, yet I've barely done any group content. Wouldn't mind adding friendly sorts to possibly run some with.
    Edited by Asha_11_ESO on June 1, 2018 6:59AM
  • Bisbatron
    Bisbatron
    I'd like to point out here that the person using the group finder solo, then getting kicked because he doesn't meet the OP's specific requirements, that are a bit unreasonable, especially if you're using the group finder is not the jerk here.

The OP is just as bad as the max level players who kick on gear farming runs if you are under 160cp.

Stop wasting the time of 90% of the people who are unlucky enough to group with you and don't fit your specific requirements and find your 4th player elsewhere.
  • GoonyGoat
    GoonyGoat
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Don't be the a**hole"
    ~Jim Jeffries

But for real, if that guy is queuing in a true dps role, he had to wait 10-40min to get kicked by you guys because he "didn't fit". As many have said before, don't use DF if you don't need it.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    I'd say put 4 treasure master chests at each quest area of a dungeon, that would stop the people who don't have quests, from rushing ahead. Give them some lock picking job with hard difficulty :).
    Or maybe set a bunch of doors, which won't open untill the last quest line of all players in group is being scrolled.

Hell no.I am not having a 5 minute break every time someone wants to spend way too much time reading dialogue.
  • MrSensible
    MrSensible
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say put 4 treasure master chests at each quest area of a dungeon, that would stop the people who don't have quests, from rushing ahead. Give them some lock picking job with hard difficulty :).
    Or maybe set a bunch of doors, which won't open untill the last quest line of all players in group is being scrolled.

Hell no.I am not having a 5 minute break every time someone wants to spend way too much time reading dialogue.

Hey man, totally up to you. But if it's my group, you're gonna get a 15 minute break back in the DPS queue. :sunglasses:
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrSensible wrote: »

Hey man, totally up to you. But if it's my group, you're gonna get a 15 minute break back in the DPS queue. :sunglasses:

When are you *** morons going to get that there is nothing wrong with running ahead, and killing mobs while you sit there with your damn thumb up your ass?
  • MrSensible
    MrSensible
    ✭✭✭
    MrSensible wrote: »

When are you *** morons going to get that there is nothing wrong with running ahead, and killing mobs while you sit there with your damn thumb up your ass?

This thread never really turned into the discussion I hoped it would. Which bummed me out initially.

On the plus side, all the toxic responses I got made me feel 100% less guilty about kicking those brain dead, auto-pilot, lightning splash spamming, farm bots. I used to feel pretty bad about it, and now I'm at peace. So thanks! :sunglasses:
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You never felt bad about it, don't lie.
    You felt bad for yourself, because you clearly had some complex about your group of 3 being more deserving than anyone else who joined you.

I'm so glad that the community has called you out on your BS all the way through this thread.
    You are genuinely one of the worst people I have had the displeasure of meeting on this forum.
    Luckily I don't pug anymore so I shouldn't have to actually meet you or your group in game.
    My advice still stands, find a 4th toxic god-complex member to join your group, so that other innocent people don't have to suffer your ineptitude.
    Edited by dtsharples on June 16, 2018 10:46AM
  • MrSensible
    MrSensible
    ✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    You never felt bad about it, don't lie.
    You felt bad for yourself, because you clearly had some complex about your group of 3 being more deserving than anyone else who joined you.

I'm so glad that the community has called you out on your BS all the way through this thread.
    You are genuinely one of the worst people I have had the displeasure of meeting on this forum.
    Luckily I don't pug anymore so I shouldn't have to actually meet you or your group in game.
    My advice still stands, find a 4th toxic god-complex member to join your group, so that other innocent people don't have to suffer your ineptitude.

ROFL. This was the most amazingly hyperbolic post I've ever read. I'm gonna frame it and put it on my wall. It belongs in the museum of exaggerations.

It was also pretty useless. You seem a bit salty about what I said, so I'ma leave you alone to think about it. :sunglasses:
    Edited by MrSensible on June 16, 2018 12:20PM
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would I be salty about someone who is running normal mode dungeons? :D

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is this the thread I'm supposed to say "Nice story bro ( brother, brah, braddah, broaahahahaha )?

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• MrSensible
    MrSensible
    ✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Is this the thread I'm supposed to say "Nice story bro ( brother, brah, braddah, broaahahahaha )?

I think it would be appropriate. Pretty much everyone else did.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello there,

Since this thread has gone downhill, we've felt it necessary to close it down. For further posts please keep in mind that baiting and flaming are both against the Forum Rules.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.