Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sloads + Zaan + Master Bleed

• Æterny
    Æterny
    ✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    Æterny wrote: »
    Rending slashes bleed is affected by phsyical resist, thick skinned, protection/maim, impen, etc, as it is classified as a physical dot (similar to the vma 2h proc & cleave "bleed"). No need to reduce the damage any further or modify the masters dw set, which is pretty much the only arena set in the game useable in pvp for stam.

E: Forgot that the asylum 2h exists, but is it really worth it with the changes to 2h slots in summerset?

Koensol wrote: »
    . No. Bleeds only ignore resistances. It is mitigated by everything else like all other dots.

Bleed Damage is a type of physical damage over time. It ignores all physical resistance.

CP doesn't work on battlegrounds, and if you need more info, check the post above

With over 2500 games of battlegrounds and 4000+ hours of pvp, I think I probably know that cp isn't in bgs. Also, Ive only ever played stamina builds and have spent countless hours testing builds, Cp, and min maxing damage.

Go test rending slashes and cleave on a target skeleton naked. Use no sharp weapons and 0 points in pen. Then, place 10 points in pen and try again. You'll see the damage go up. Next, do the same with either of the "axe" bleeds from the twin blade and blunt passive or the heavy weapons passive. The damage will stay the same.

Fact is, there is a pretty large misconception that rending slashes and cleave are "true" bleeds which ignore resistances, when in fact they are physical dots and are mitigated by physical resists. But I'll just go ahead and "check the post above" since I'm clearly so misinformed despite having actually tested this.

Since im not a fan of running 10 minutes on Cyrodill to be ganked by Nightblades or to be Zerged / be the Zerg.
    What im actually testing are the 5k+ Bleeds on Battlegrounds, i don't care about dummy test. I care about the damage dealt to my face. I run 7 Impen, 5 Heavy 1, 1. And bleed damage hurts, a lot.

Not to mention that the whole point of the topic is not just about the bleed damage. Anyone can heal that, Even when Nightblades Incap, Rending then Cloak away and let it crit on you.

The point is a person being able to Stack all those sets, specially nightblades. 70% of Battleground players are running sloads, and they stack on top of each other, thats just ridiculous.

When someone LA, Rending Slashes you and proc Zaan, Sloads and Master's Bleed on you, remember this post. And when 10 ppl in a row do that, lemme know how you feel.

Huh that's weird, no acknowledgement of your own misinformation and ignorance.

Ahh, 5 heavy in no cp. Must be nice to be totally clueless but to act like you know everything on the forums. See the thing is, if you solo que into battlegrounds in summerset you'll match mostly other solo players, and as a result you shouldn't often be dealing with more than one of these setups focusing you at a single time. If you group que with a group of decent players, ypu should be able to rip a group of people using these sets apart because theyll be heavily lacking in the stats department. Any half decent player can counter zaan, and as for the other sets those players are giving up all of their AoE and class/weapon skill (apart from rending) damage potential to run niche, cheese setups only good at killing one person at a time. If you're a good player, while you will see it in your death recap from time to time, you shouldn't have a problem figuring out how to deal with these setups. It isn't nearly as bad as the viper/tremor/black rose or widow meta.

Also, Ive noticed you've said "5k" rending. No rending will EVER tick that high, and it is likely that you are seeing a full duration on your recap, equivalent to less than 1k dps. The only possible way I can envision a rending HITTING 5k in a single tick is a crit on a low health, ccd target from a player using both blooddrinker and Master's, and EVEN THEN it is likely that player would have to be a nightblade using incap with full penetration to reach those numbers. More grounds less claims from our resident forums warrior.

I will say this: sloads is certainly strong, and will be a part of the no-cp Meta for some time until it recieves the inevitable nerf. Rending is no where near as much of an issue as sloads.

I am not the only one complaining about this situation, i asked the opinion of several "famous" streamers, and everyone feels the same. Everyone but those who use that.
  • Vencenzo
    Vencenzo
    ✭✭✭
    Own wrote: »
    Master d/w is really messed up in pvp. With a lot crit modifiers it's even worse. The masters d/w proc needs to be reduced, or at least battle spirirted.

Battle spirit oblivion damage too..

These two changes would make both of those things totally useless.
    No thanks on less build diversity.
  • Horker
    Horker
    ✭✭✭✭
    You forgot using duroks bane on your back-bar.
    ROSES ARE RED, VIOLETS ARE BLUE, TRINIMAC IS DEAD, MALACATH IS TRUE
  • Oxalias
    Oxalias
    ✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Why?

that is the same question i ask about the various videos and threads made asking for nerfs and the refusal to adjust thier builds instead ask for nerfs.

How to ajdust to true damage? And Zaan's can't be LoS if you don't play stamblade, ironically is the same class who uses those stuff

Just to be clear, bleeds don’t ignore major/minor protection or maim it is also reduced by Thick Skinned and Hardy and the Masters DW bonus is effected by battle spirit. Combo is still too strong, but you’re propogating a lot of misinformation in this thread

Major and Minor protection, really? I'll tell you what gives those buffs:

Major Protection (Reduce damage taken by 30%)
    Nightblade Shadow Ultimate: Consuming Darkness+Morphs (Class restricted and Yeah, everyone uses this)
    Warden Winter's Embrace Ultimate: Sleet Storm+Morphs (Class restricted)
    Restoration Staff Ultimate: Light's Champion (Morph of Panacea) (Sure, everyone runs resto staff)
    Armor Set: Pirate Skeleton (Loot) (Its a fine monster set, but is a proc chance, comes with a defile debuff and there are better sets to use dependind on your build)
    Armor Set: Coward's Gear (Loot) (Sure, if you want to sprint forever and nothing else, go for it)
    Armor Set: Daedric Trickery Set (Crafted) (This set is a Joke)
    Armor Set: Ironblood (Loot) (If you want a rng based, bad stats set and 50% cripple on you, go for it. Another Joke)
    Deliberation - Psjiic passive skill Line, when channeling a psjiic skill (Or you channel a skill alone in a corner, or you fight)

Minor Protection (Reduce damage taken by 8%)

Fighters Guild Ability: Circle of Protection+Morphs (a Bad Joke)
    Templar Restoring Light Ability: Restoring Focus (Morph of Rune Focus) (Class restricted)
    Nightblade Shadow Ability: Dark Cloak (Morph of Shadow Cloak) (Class restricted)
    Warden Winter's Embrace Ability: Ice Fortress (Morph of Frost Cloak) (Class restricted)
    Alchemy Potion/Poison: Protection (Nightshade, Mudcrab Chitin, Beetle Scuttle) (If you want to use this over your favorite poison for 3 sec of the buff)
    Psjiic Ultimate: Temporal Guard - While slotted, you gain Minor Protection, reducing your damage taken. (The only one good enough)

So we learned that you can play Warden or Nightblade and use unusual ultimates to have both Major and Minor protection, wear Pirate Skeleton and pray for it to proc at the right time and be fine with defiling yourself. Or unless you play Resto Staff ult, there is no way of having major Protection for more than 5 Seconds on a viable way.
    You can Have Minor protection trough the new psijic ultimate sloted thats the only viable skill to actually have, but will be on one bar and you can't be defensive forever.

And About Zaan's, there is a 4 page topic to prove you trough several statements that Zaan's is broken and it works through walls, and you can't just "walk away from it. Since you will probably be snared and the user will chase you down either way.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/412212/is-zaans-broken/p1

And CP doesn't work on battlegrounds.

So don't smart ass on me with misinformation and Protection buff crap. Is this enough information for you?

What's funny is that I did cripple myself with iron blood and front bar'd temperoal guard, and what ended up killing me was the downtime on iron blood and sload stacks xD Even popped on a purge, but yeah, dots are overpowered in non-cp
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like to try and think like Zos when these things happen. Obviously they wanted to get rid of tanky builds and force you to choose. You either go all tank and no damage or all damage and no tank. Time to kill is way lower these days 1 v x ers are looking surprised when they slowly go down. I liked it better before but meh. I am sure the sloads runners and such are having a good time. Just have to adjust.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ender1310 wrote: »
    I like to try and think like Zos when these things happen. Obviously they wanted to get rid of tanky builds and force you to choose. You either go all tank and no damage or all damage and no tank. Time to kill is way lower these days 1 v x ers are looking surprised when they slowly go down. I liked it better before but meh. I am sure the sloads runners and such are having a good time. Just have to adjust.

Except there are no real tanks in this recent year. Never met someone who can do what tanks did prior. Same people and they cannot do it.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adjust your gameplay, skills, champion points,.. You can even make a second armor sets. You do not have to be class cannon shieldstacker or only hide button defence. Sure your shieldstacks can be somewhat countered and you may not get away every single time with your dodgeroll and press hide button.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I told y’all this thread was ignorant AF
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Wrobel needs to get kills too ya know :trollface:
    old but gold
    0dsu4PM.png

Defending trait is missing one 0 there.
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guys stop giving attention to @dwemer_paleologist he's clearly a troll. Don't feed him.
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Master dw is too good
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly, I've beaten people that use that setup and encounter it many times, and I honestly think there are only a few counters to this if you're alone:

(1) Expend god-like effort to outplay them. When its done, someone will most likely roll around 5 seconds later and kill you. You will then question if anyone cared or if you made an impression on the loser stacking procs.

(2) Have resto ult ready, it must be strong enough to heal you through defile. Spam the hell out of ward, roll at least once to reduce the damage they can do. If they are spamming steel tornado, only option is to block and use ward until you find an opening. I hope you have at least 17K stam and enough block reduction or Tri-Pots... This works better in CP.

(3) Have enough HoTs to cancel out the bleed damage & sloads -> spam ward. Wait for opening to stun and finish them off or put them on the defensive.

(4) Be either wearing Wyrd AND Stendarr OR Iceheart and Combat Physician + some other set, make sure you have at least one damage DoT and one HoT and high crit. Then, guess what? Spam the hell out of healing ward again. (This is better in no-CP, but still works well in CP). If you are a Templar, Wyrd + Stendarr + Ritual is godly. (BEST Option IMO, useful everywhere with all the snares and debuffs)

(5) If you see them coming and remember their name...RUN. If they chase you burn their stam, CC, then nuke them.

(6) Die. Call some nightblade buddies and go hunting. Show them proc sets won't be tolerated. Not around you at least!

Honestly, all those sets are stupid. But Zaan is definitely the worst in that situation, esp. considering how crappy break free performs in open world pvp all the time and the fact that you can be immobilized after breaking free (you will be near death and have to immediately spam ward + mutagen or resto ult).

Other than that, I honestly say the only option is to kill them fast. On Stam DK, that combination is annoying, but I've still killed NBs doing it...It's definitely harder to survive on stam characters, even harder to win. Hybrids and Mag builds? Not so much.

All those scenarios I've actually been in AFTER an NB stunned me from stealth and won. Well not #6...then again that time there were 3 NBs with that setup at once and they even t-bagged me :D . You guys don't know cheese until you encounter that.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rending slashes bleed is affected by phsyical resist, thick skinned, protection/maim, impen, etc, as it is classified as a physical dot (similar to the vma 2h proc & cleave "bleed"). No need to reduce the damage any further or modify the masters dw set, which is pretty much the only arena set in the game useable in pvp for stam.

E: Forgot that the asylum 2h exists, but is it really worth it with the changes to 2h slots in summerset?

Koensol wrote: »
    . No. Bleeds only ignore resistances. It is mitigated by everything else like all other dots.

Bleed Damage is a type of physical damage over time. It ignores all physical resistance.

CP doesn't work on battlegrounds, and if you need more info, check the post above

With over 2500 games of battlegrounds and 4000+ hours of pvp, I think I probably know that cp isn't in bgs. Also, Ive only ever played stamina builds and have spent countless hours testing builds, Cp, and min maxing damage.

Go test rending slashes and cleave on a target skeleton naked. Use no sharp weapons and 0 points in pen. Then, place 10 points in pen and try again. You'll see the damage go up. Next, do the same with either of the "axe" bleeds from the twin blade and blunt passive or the heavy weapons passive. The damage will stay the same.

Fact is, there is a pretty large misconception that rending slashes and cleave are "true" bleeds which ignore resistances, when in fact they are physical dots and are mitigated by physical resists. But I'll just go ahead and "check the post above" since I'm clearly so misinformed despite having actually tested this.

Since im not a fan of running 10 minutes on Cyrodill to be ganked by Nightblades or to be Zerged / be the Zerg.
    What im actually testing are the 5k+ Bleeds on Battlegrounds, i don't care about dummy test. I care about the damage dealt to my face. I run 7 Impen, 5 Heavy 1, 1. And bleed damage hurts, a lot.

Not to mention that the whole point of the topic is not just about the bleed damage. Anyone can heal that, Even when Nightblades Incap, Rending then Cloak away and let it crit on you.

The point is a person being able to Stack all those sets, specially nightblades. 70% of Battleground players are running sloads, and they stack on top of each other, thats just ridiculous.

When someone LA, Rending Slashes you and proc Zaan, Sloads and Master's Bleed on you, remember this post. And when 10 ppl in a row do that, lemme know how you feel.

Huh that's weird, no acknowledgement of your own misinformation and ignorance.

Ahh, 5 heavy in no cp. Must be nice to be totally clueless but to act like you know everything on the forums. See the thing is, if you solo que into battlegrounds in summerset you'll match mostly other solo players, and as a result you shouldn't often be dealing with more than one of these setups focusing you at a single time. If you group que with a group of decent players, ypu should be able to rip a group of people using these sets apart because theyll be heavily lacking in the stats department. Any half decent player can counter zaan, and as for the other sets those players are giving up all of their AoE and class/weapon skill (apart from rending) damage potential to run niche, cheese setups only good at killing one person at a time. If you're a good player, while you will see it in your death recap from time to time, you shouldn't have a problem figuring out how to deal with these setups. It isn't nearly as bad as the viper/tremor/black rose or widow meta.

Also, Ive noticed you've said "5k" rending. No rending will EVER tick that high, and it is likely that you are seeing a full duration on your recap, equivalent to less than 1k dps. The only possible way I can envision a rending HITTING 5k in a single tick is a crit on a low health, ccd target from a player using both blooddrinker and Master's, and EVEN THEN it is likely that player would have to be a nightblade using incap with full penetration to reach those numbers. More grounds less claims from our resident forums warrior.

I will say this: sloads is certainly strong, and will be a part of the no-cp Meta for some time until it recieves the inevitable nerf. Rending is no where near as much of an issue as sloads.

I am not the only one complaining about this situation, i asked the opinion of several "famous" streamers, and everyone feels the same. Everyone but those who use that.

BS. I don't use it, and I don't care.