The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Sloads + Zaan + Master Bleed

Æterny
Æterny
✭✭
Why?
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrobel needs to get kills too ya know :trollface:
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Æterny wrote: »
    Why?

that is the same question i ask about the various videos and threads made asking for nerfs and the refusal to adjust thier builds instead ask for nerfs.
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    Master d/w is really messed up in pvp. With a lot crit modifiers it's even worse. The masters d/w proc needs to be reduced, or at least battle spirirted.

Battle spirit oblivion damage too..
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Could be worse.

He could have Infused oblivion enchant with Torug on the other bar too :trollface:
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Æterny
    Æterny
    ✭✭
    Why?

that is the same question i ask about the various videos and threads made asking for nerfs and the refusal to adjust thier builds instead ask for nerfs.

How to ajdust to true damage? And Zaan's can't be LoS if you don't play stamblade, ironically is the same class who uses those stuff
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why?

How dose one adjust a build to counter this ? give some examples please..
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why?

How dose one adjust a build to counter this ? give some examples please..

The "refuse to rez " build
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why?

How to ajdust to true damage? And Zaan's can't be LoS if you don't play stamblade, ironically is the same class who uses those stuff

Just to be clear, bleeds don’t ignore major/minor protection or maim it is also reduced by Thick Skinned and Hardy and the Masters DW bonus is effected by battle spirit. Combo is still too strong, but you’re propogating a lot of misinformation in this thread
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    purge clears away everything. just cast purge. and then heal.

oh and as far as Zaan goes, "move out of it"

and by the way i dont wear those sets. but i should be allowed to wear any set in the game.
    its not my fault you guys dont build for defence.

Edited by Gilvoth on May 28, 2018 10:42PM
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone obviously doesn't play Magicka setups.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

and by the way i dont wear those sets. but i should be allowed to wear any set in the game.
    its not my fault you guys dont build for defence.

Purge doesn’t clear everything. Need to purge twice to clear just the status effects from one Light attack+Mark Target+poison proc
    Edited by Lexxypwns on May 28, 2018 11:56PM
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rending slashes bleed is affected by phsyical resist, thick skinned, protection/maim, impen, etc, as it is classified as a physical dot (similar to the vma 2h proc & cleave "bleed"). No need to reduce the damage any further or modify the masters dw set, which is pretty much the only arena set in the game useable in pvp for stam.

E: Forgot that the asylum 2h exists, but is it really worth it with the changes to 2h slots in summerset?
    Edited by React on May 29, 2018 2:25AM
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dwemer_paleologist maybe you’d like to enlighten us all as to what build is set up to deal with all of this proc damage, bleeds and other effects and still function in a variety of situations and not just stand there block casting heals tethered to another tank. You seem to have all the answers so please do impart you knowledge on us.
    Edited by Vapirko on May 29, 2018 2:22AM
  • Æterny
    Æterny
    ✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Why?

Just to be clear, bleeds don’t ignore major/minor protection or maim it is also reduced by Thick Skinned and Hardy and the Masters DW bonus is effected by battle spirit. Combo is still too strong, but you’re propogating a lot of misinformation in this thread

Major and Minor protection, really? I'll tell you what gives those buffs:

Major Protection (Reduce damage taken by 30%)
    Nightblade Shadow Ultimate: Consuming Darkness+Morphs (Class restricted and Yeah, everyone uses this)
    Warden Winter's Embrace Ultimate: Sleet Storm+Morphs (Class restricted)
    Restoration Staff Ultimate: Light's Champion (Morph of Panacea) (Sure, everyone runs resto staff)
    Armor Set: Pirate Skeleton (Loot) (Its a fine monster set, but is a proc chance, comes with a defile debuff and there are better sets to use dependind on your build)
    Armor Set: Coward's Gear (Loot) (Sure, if you want to sprint forever and nothing else, go for it)
    Armor Set: Daedric Trickery Set (Crafted) (This set is a Joke)
    Armor Set: Ironblood (Loot) (If you want a rng based, bad stats set and 50% cripple on you, go for it. Another Joke)
    Deliberation - Psjiic passive skill Line, when channeling a psjiic skill (Or you channel a skill alone in a corner, or you fight)

Minor Protection (Reduce damage taken by 8%)

Fighters Guild Ability: Circle of Protection+Morphs (a Bad Joke)
    Templar Restoring Light Ability: Restoring Focus (Morph of Rune Focus) (Class restricted)
    Nightblade Shadow Ability: Dark Cloak (Morph of Shadow Cloak) (Class restricted)
    Warden Winter's Embrace Ability: Ice Fortress (Morph of Frost Cloak) (Class restricted)
    Alchemy Potion/Poison: Protection (Nightshade, Mudcrab Chitin, Beetle Scuttle) (If you want to use this over your favorite poison for 3 sec of the buff)
    Psjiic Ultimate: Temporal Guard - While slotted, you gain Minor Protection, reducing your damage taken. (The only one good enough)

So we learned that you can play Warden or Nightblade and use unusual ultimates to have both Major and Minor protection, wear Pirate Skeleton and pray for it to proc at the right time and be fine with defiling yourself. Or unless you play Resto Staff ult, there is no way of having major Protection for more than 5 Seconds on a viable way.
    You can Have Minor protection trough the new psijic ultimate sloted thats the only viable skill to actually have, but will be on one bar and you can't be defensive forever.

And About Zaan's, there is a 4 page topic to prove you trough several statements that Zaan's is broken and it works through walls, and you can't just "walk away from it. Since you will probably be snared and the user will chase you down either way.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/412212/is-zaans-broken/p1

And CP doesn't work on battlegrounds.

So don't smart ass on me with misinformation and Protection buff crap. Is this enough information for you?

Edited by Æterny on May 29, 2018 3:49AM
  • Æterny
    Æterny
    ✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    Rending slashes bleed is affected by phsyical resist, thick skinned, protection/maim, impen, etc, as it is classified as a physical dot (similar to the vma 2h proc & cleave "bleed"). No need to reduce the damage any further or modify the masters dw set, which is pretty much the only arena set in the game useable in pvp for stam.

E: Forgot that the asylum 2h exists, but is it really worth it with the changes to 2h slots in summerset?

Bleed Damage is a type of physical damage over time. It ignores all physical resistance.

CP doesn't work on battlegrounds, and if you need more info, check the post above
    Edited by Æterny on May 29, 2018 7:14AM
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Bleeding damage can't be absorbed or resisted. It is one of the very few damage types that always takes effect.

CP doesn't work on battlegrounds, and if you need more info, check the post above
    Uhm. No. Bleeds only ignore resistances. It is mitigated by everything else like all other dots.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    U forgot duroks bane on 1 bar only aswell.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Æterny
    Æterny
    ✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »

Bleeding damage can't be absorbed or resisted. It is one of the very few damage types that always takes effect.

Uhm. No. Bleeds only ignore resistances. It is mitigated by everything else like all other dots.

Yeah, i got the wrong line from the wiki. Corrected now, thank you.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more I see these threads less I want to play. Daaaamn. I do wonder if devs do think things through before slap them in the game. I mean, bleed in itself is a very strong, add Oblivion damage in top of Major Defile? Dead. This is like the old proctard meta all over again and I guess Wrobel thinks this is fun. PvP is all about cancer builds now. At least the olden days of proctard days were bearable... This... this is just a new low. Time for another long break from the game I guess.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on May 29, 2018 7:26AM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Aerithone
    Aerithone
    ✭✭✭
    Own wrote: »
    Battle spirit oblivion damage too..

ye, lets battle spirit damage which is used only in pvp. genius...-_-

I will show you fear in a handfull of dust.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »

Duels are fun, aren't they :trollface:
    Edited by Ragnaroek93 on May 29, 2018 7:52AM
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    old but gold
    0dsu4PM.png
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »

Duels are fun, aren't they :trollface:

I'm just glad players like dusky showing us, veterans, how the game turned pile of crap,
    While the plebs are complaining about lesser issues.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why?

Nightblade Shadow Ultimate: Consuming Darkness+Morphs (Class restricted and Yeah, everyone uses this)
    Restoration Staff Ultimate: Light's Champion (Morph of Panacea) (Sure, everyone runs resto staff)
    Armor Set: Pirate Skeleton (Loot) (Its a fine monster set, but is a proc chance, comes with a defile debuff and there are better sets to use dependind on your build)
    Armor Set: Coward's Gear (Loot) (Sure, if you want to sprint forever and nothing else, go for it)
    Armor Set: Ironblood (Loot) (If you want a rng based, bad stats set and 50% cripple on you, go for it. Another Joke)
    Deliberation - Psjiic passive skill Line, when channeling a psjiic skill (Or you channel a skill alone in a corner, or you fight)

Templar Restoring Light Ability: Restoring Focus (Morph of Rune Focus) (Class restricted)
    Nightblade Shadow Ability: Dark Cloak (Morph of Shadow Cloak) (Class restricted)
    Warden Winter's Embrace Ability: Ice Fortress (Morph of Frost Cloak) (Class restricted)
    Alchemy Potion/Poison: Protection (Nightshade, Mudcrab Chitin, Beetle Scuttle) (If you want to use this over your favorite poison for 3 sec of the buff)
    Psjiic Ultimate: Temporal Guard - While slotted, you gain Minor Protection, reducing your damage taken. (The only one good enough)

So we learned that you can play Warden or Nightblade and use unusual ultimates to have both Major and Minor protection, wear Pirate Skeleton and pray for it to proc at the right time and be fine with defiling yourself. Or unless you play Resto Staff ult, there is no way of having major Protection for more than 5 Seconds on a viable way.
    You can Have Minor protection trough the new psijic ultimate sloted thats the only viable skill to actually have, but will be on one bar and you can't be defensive forever.

And About Zaan's, there is a 4 page topic to prove you trough several statements that Zaan's is broken and it works through walls, and you can't just "walk away from it. Since you will probably be snared and the user will chase you down either way.

So don't smart ass on me with misinformation and Protection buff crap. Is this enough information for you?

Bleed Damage is a type of physical damage over time. It ignores all physical resistance.

Complete ignorance at its finest
  • Æterny
    Æterny
    ✭✭
    Why?

Complete ignorance at its finest

Complete ignorance is to make a stupid argument about something without saying [snip]...

Prove me wrong, or stfu, and go play your Nightblade cancer build.

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on May 29, 2018 5:27PM
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

. No. Bleeds only ignore resistances. It is mitigated by everything else like all other dots.

With over 2500 games of battlegrounds and 4000+ hours of pvp, I think I probably know that cp isn't in bgs. Also, Ive only ever played stamina builds and have spent countless hours testing builds, Cp, and min maxing damage.

Go test rending slashes and cleave on a target skeleton naked. Use no sharp weapons and 0 points in pen. Then, place 10 points in pen and try again. You'll see the damage go up. Next, do the same with either of the "axe" bleeds from the twin blade and blunt passive or the heavy weapons passive. The damage will stay the same.

Fact is, there is a pretty large misconception that rending slashes and cleave are "true" bleeds which ignore resistances, when in fact they are physical dots and are mitigated by physical resists. But I'll just go ahead and "check the post above" since I'm clearly so misinformed despite having actually tested this.

Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Æterny
    Æterny
    ✭✭

. No. Bleeds only ignore resistances. It is mitigated by everything else like all other dots.

With over 2500 games of battlegrounds and 4000+ hours of pvp, I think I probably know that cp isn't in bgs. Also, Ive only ever played stamina builds and have spent countless hours testing builds, Cp, and min maxing damage.

Go test rending slashes and cleave on a target skeleton naked. Use no sharp weapons and 0 points in pen. Then, place 10 points in pen and try again. You'll see the damage go up. Next, do the same with either of the "axe" bleeds from the twin blade and blunt passive or the heavy weapons passive. The damage will stay the same.

Fact is, there is a pretty large misconception that rending slashes and cleave are "true" bleeds which ignore resistances, when in fact they are physical dots and are mitigated by physical resists. But I'll just go ahead and "check the post above" since I'm clearly so misinformed despite having actually tested this.

Since im not a fan of running 10 minutes on Cyrodill to be ganked by Nightblades or to be Zerged / be the Zerg.
    What im actually testing are the 5k+ Bleeds on Battlegrounds, i don't care about dummy test. I care about the damage dealt to my face. I run 7 Impen, 5 Heavy 1, 1. Bleed damage hurts, a lot. But is not broken.

You are missing the whole point of the topic. Is not just about the bleed damage. Anyone can heal that, Even when Nightblades Incap, Rending then Cloak away and let it crit on you.

The point is a person being able to Stack all those sets, specially nightblades. 70% of Battleground players are running sloads, and they stack on top of each other, thats just ridiculous.

When someone LA, Rending Slashes you and proc Zaan, Sloads and Master's Bleed on you, remember this post. And when 10 ppl in a row do that, lemme know how you feel.
    Edited by Æterny on May 29, 2018 1:17PM
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Since im not a fan of running 10 minutes on Cyrodill to be ganked by Nightblades or to be Zerged / be the Zerg.
    What im actually testing are the 5k+ Bleeds on Battlegrounds, i don't care about dummy test. I care about the damage dealt to my face. I run 7 Impen, 5 Heavy 1, 1. And bleed damage hurts, a lot.

Not to mention that the whole point of the topic is not just about the bleed damage. Anyone can heal that, Even when Nightblades Incap, Rending then Cloak away and let it crit on you.

The point is a person being able to Stack all those sets, specially nightblades. 70% of Battleground players are running sloads, and they stack on top of each other, thats just ridiculous.

When someone LA, Rending Slashes you and proc Zaan, Sloads and Master's Bleed on you, remember this post. And when 10 ppl in a row do that, lemme know how you feel.

Huh that's weird, no acknowledgement of your own misinformation and ignorance.

Ahh, 5 heavy in no cp. Must be nice to be totally clueless but to act like you know everything on the forums. See the thing is, if you solo que into battlegrounds in summerset you'll match mostly other solo players, and as a result you shouldn't often be dealing with more than one of these setups focusing you at a single time. If you group que with a group of decent players, ypu should be able to rip a group of people using these sets apart because theyll be heavily lacking in the stats department. Any half decent player can counter zaan, and as for the other sets those players are giving up all of their AoE and class/weapon skill (apart from rending) damage potential to run niche, cheese setups only good at killing one person at a time. If you're a good player, while you will see it in your death recap from time to time, you shouldn't have a problem figuring out how to deal with these setups. It isn't nearly as bad as the viper/tremor/black rose or widow meta.

Also, Ive noticed you've said "5k" rending. No rending will EVER tick that high, and it is likely that you are seeing a full duration on your recap, equivalent to less than 1k dps. The only possible way I can envision a rending HITTING 5k in a single tick is a crit on a low health, ccd target from a player using both blooddrinker and Master's, and EVEN THEN it is likely that player would have to be a nightblade using incap with full penetration to reach those numbers. More grounds less claims from our resident forums warrior.

I will say this: sloads is certainly strong, and will be a part of the no-cp Meta for some time until it recieves the inevitable nerf. Rending is no where near as much of an issue as sloads.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »
    Vaoh wrote: »
    old but gold