The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So with summerset we get a new shieldbreaker ?

leb91han
leb91han
✭✭✭
I was playing on my magicka sorcerer. I went to take a resource then a player attacked me and guess what ? I discovered that we have a new shielbreaker set released in the new summerset expansion . I used my tripot spammed my shields then I died . I looked at the recap and what a surprise. :(
Screenshot_20180523_102003_zpsmzjkcw5a.png
Edited by leb91han on May 23, 2018 12:41PM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing new here, there's a huge thread about it on the PTS.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Nomen
    Nomen
    ✭✭
    I ve been waiting for this set more than entire Summerset.Cry of sorcs is a lovely music.

• Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Uhh how did you die from that set? Any HoT out heals it...and you can always kill the guy. What was he doing to have so much time to kill you that slowly?
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats a Torugs Pact + Infused + Sloads. Going to try out the same thing myself. Just arguing with myself, what class to try it on.

But just for the record, your recap is showing 12 seconds (assuming no cooldown time) of Sloads Tick, and 3 enchants proccing from either LA or Ability.

Tripot is not a viable heal.
    Edited by raasdal on May 23, 2018 8:51AM
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • leb91han
    leb91han
    ✭✭✭
    Was fighting the guy he is stam dk got me to low health phase kept spamming 2h execute on me . I dont use any hot ability i kept my 3 shields up used tripot for health but died . I sensed there was something wrong coz i dont die to an execution spam . Usually my 3 shields+ tripot and a streak can reset the fight and save me from the execute. But it didn’t so i figured there was something wrong i so i checked the recap.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just wait till you get multiple people stacking it on you.

Its gonna be a LOT more common than shieldbreaker since it affects everyone.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    This morning I have already died to a guy with shieldbreaker + sload + oblivion enchant, so my death recap was even more cancerous

brace yourselves, fellow sorcs
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leb91han wrote: »
    Was fighting the guy he is stam dk got me to low health phase kept spamming 2h execute on me . I dont use any hot ability i kept my 3 shields up used tripot for health but died . I sensed there was something wrong coz i dont die to an execution spam . Usually my 3 shields+ tripot and a streak can reset the fight and save me from the execute. But it didn’t so i figured there was something wrong i so i checked the recap.

For what it's worth, a bit of advice;

Oblivion has very distinct Audio. As a sorcerer you should learn to recognize this, and instantly realize the threat. You should know this, within the first 5 seconds of the fight. When you make this realization, you should either disengage completely, or adjust your playstyle. In your case, the adjustment should be to focus more on using Healing Ward and not so much the others shields. Healing Ward as a heal attached, AND the heal at the end should go through pretty easily, as he is not denting your shield (Ward heals for 100% of shield strength left).

Although, without a Hot or other instaheal slotted, you are definitely in for a difficult fight..
    PC - EU
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

The bolded part is my main-issue with the set.
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Why ?

The same thing was feared, and has been feared with many sets. Like for example Knightslayer. It was a huge outcry, simply because it would scale with health. So "what if 10 people do a heavy - instakill". Thing is. If 10 people heavy attack you, you will die regardless, just from the HA damage. Same goes here.

If multiple people (2-3+) is stacking Sloads on you, then it means that those people are actively damaging you (remember, its 10% on damage. It requires you to get hit) and it does not really matter, because all the OTHER skills they use, will kill you anyway.

So i think in general the whole "multiple people hitting you with X at the same time is broken" is just no really valid, since that argument can be said for anything. Multiple people stacking bleeds on you will kill you. Multiple people stacking ANYTHING on you will get you killed.
    PC - EU
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Well time to slot a HoT like the rest of us mortals.
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sload + shieldbraker should be fun kill shieldstackers.
  • HuawaSepp
    HuawaSepp
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's unlikely to outheal sloads + torugs infused irresistable dmg glyph with 45% heal debuff on you from fasallas and duroks...
    PTS-EU
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This still work agains't nightblade i hope ?

Peoples do not understand that there is nearly no counter to shield-breaker or Sload, cause we use Healing ward .... Power surge isn't that "OP " ( yeah, cause some think you can outheal the shieldbreaker /sload damages simply by using this skill ) and the matriarch is meh ( require 2 bar slot, cost a lot, can die, and don't heal that much). The only way to survive is to kill the opponent before he kills you, cause if you cast your shields or heal you die ... and if you don't cast them you die.

Maybe if it prevent NB from using cloak, peoples will finally understand ?
    Edited by Apherius on May 23, 2018 11:20AM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    Qbiken wrote: »

Why ?

The same thing was feared, and has been feared with many sets. Like for example Knightslayer. It was a huge outcry, simply because it would scale with health. So "what if 10 people do a heavy - instakill". Thing is. If 10 people heavy attack you, you will die regardless, just from the HA damage. Same goes here.

If multiple people (2-3+) is stacking Sloads on you, then it means that those people are actively damaging you (remember, its 10% on damage. It requires you to get hit) and it does not really matter, because all the OTHER skills they use, will kill you anyway.

So i think in general the whole "multiple people hitting you with X at the same time is broken" is just no really valid, since that argument can be said for anything. Multiple people stacking bleeds on you will kill you. Multiple people stacking ANYTHING on you will get you killed.

I agree with the bolded part and personally I´ve nothing against Sload (not defending it, but neither against I). See my comment as more of a suggestion to calm the group of angry 1vX players ;)
    Edited by Qbiken on May 23, 2018 11:29AM
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should use Rapid regeneration on your back bar, it will outheal sload easely. Sload is 853 damage per second, you can deal with it. The torug + infused oblivion glyph deal more damage than sload.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    You should use Rapid regeneration on your back bar, it will outheal sload easely. Sload is 853 damage per second, you can deal with it. The torug + infused oblivion glyph deal more damage than sload.

That’s a great solution once I can guarantee that Rapid Regen heals me and not somebody else that happens to be within 28m.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

That’s a great solution once I can guarantee that Rapid Regen heals me and not somebody else that happens to be within 28m.

Same for healing ward, but sorc still use it.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »

And what HoT would that be?

Rapid Regeneration?
    That heals amounts to roughly 1000 HPS in PvE and 500 in PvP. Against roughly 2900 Oblivion damage (Sload + Shield Breaker) per second. If you include obvilion glyphs that number increases even further.

Or is it the stamina-based Vigor?
    That might be sufficient in mitigating the Sload (to some extent) but it is a stamina ability and won't help against shield breaker.

Of course we could just leave the shields away so we are not affected by that. But then we will simply die to the light attack weaving and regular skills. There is no perma dodging as a magicka player to avoid that damage. Also no perma blocking. There is also no burst heal that could be used. Except for the Twilight, but that is not really practical due to it consuming 2 slots and having quite a long cast time while being squishy.

I see you got it all figured out.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Galarthor wrote: »

Rapid Regeneration?
    That heals amounts to roughly 1000 HPS in PvE and 500 in PvP. Against roughly 2900 Oblivion damage (Sload + Shield Breaker) per second. If you include obvilion glyphs that number increases even further.

That might be sufficient in mitigating the Sload (to some extent) but it is a stamina ability and won't help against shield breaker.

Of course we could just leave the shields away so we are not affected by that. But then we will simply die to the light attack weaving and regular skills. There is no perma dodging as a magicka player to avoid that damage. Also no perma blocking. There is also no burst heal that could be used. Except for the Twilight, but that is not really practical due to it consuming 2 slots and having quite a long cast time while being squishy.

You're a sorc, use power surge.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same for healing ward, but sorc still use it.

Because it offers way more protection and the better heal if it actually gets applied.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rapid Regeneration?

Why is always someone around that thinks Sorcs that main the class since launch simply don’t know what their class skills do? Surge is a nice skill. The heal is tied to RNG though. Unless you want to not have any sustain and run above 60% crit chance or so (or simply happen to play noCP) Surge is a heal, just not a reliable one.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thats a Torugs Pact + Infused + Sloads. Going to try out the same thing myself. Just arguing with myself, what class to try it on.

But just for the record, your recap is showing 12 seconds (assuming no cooldown time) of Sloads Tick, and 3 enchants proccing from either LA or Ability.

Tripot is not a viable heal.

throw in 5 shieldbreaker as well and any sorc dumb enough to relie on shields will drop like a fly.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What i wanna know is what hot is 900hps for magicka?
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What i wanna know is what hot is 900hps for magicka?

Rapid regeneration is a 600hps dot if you never crit. With an average critical chance and critical heal, you will be around 1k in average. Don't forget HP regen is till ticking and you still use healing ward.

Sload alone isn't a problem at all for sorcerer. Shield breaker deal almost 3 times more damage and on a sorc hater you can be touch with bow light attack every 0.6s. You almostt get 5 time the damage of sload in almost the same time.

Make shieldbreaker damaging shields, and make sload no stacking by making the "Leeching shadow" a minor or major debuff and we are fine.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Rapid Regeneration?

Why is always someone around that thinks Sorcs that main the class since launch simply don’t know what their class skills do? Surge is a nice skill. The heal is tied to RNG though. Unless you want to not have any sustain and run above 60% crit chance or so (or simply happen to play noCP) Surge is a heal, just not a reliable one.

I have a sorc as well. Run 45% crit. Get ~3k heals every other second. Out heal everything you are talking about.
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And it can proc twice for the same DoT. Isn't it wonderful?
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rapid Regeneration?

I have a sorc as well. Run 45% crit. Get ~3k heals every other second. Out heal everything you are talking about.

You get 3k heals after Battle Spirit with only 45% crit chance every other second. Sorry, but those numbers are PvE numbers at best and have nothing to do with PvP.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Rapid Regeneration?

Wow, some people aren’t that bright. 1.5K in PVP (battle spirit) every other second isn’t going to heal a 2.9K sload oblivion dot every second. Learn to math, Surge is 750 HPS if you’re incredibly lucky.

Solo you can slot mutagen over heal ward and hope it doesn’t proc back to back. If you have a good healer in your group you barely notice the sload dots, just keep your shields up and keep using the purge synergy.

The good thing about the sload set is that it breaks cloak too. Everyone is screwed by it.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

For what it's worth, a bit of advice;

Oblivion has very distinct Audio. As a sorcerer you should learn to recognize this, and instantly realize the threat. You should know this, within the first 5 seconds of the fight. When you make this realization, you should either disengage completely, or adjust your playstyle. In your case, the adjustment should be to focus more on using Healing Ward and not so much the others shields. Healing Ward as a heal attached, AND the heal at the end should go through pretty easily, as he is not denting your shield (Ward heals for 100% of shield strength left).

Although, without a Hot or other instaheal slotted, you are definitely in for a difficult fight..

This doesn't work.
    Shieldbreaker can have you dead before the 6 seconds are up for that healing ward to take effect (it is a close thing though, depending on your health, how much stam you have to dodge, whether you can Los etc.. ). Straight numbers-wise, SB is 2200(ish) dmg per hit - at a bow light-attack rate of 0.6 seconds = 2200/0.6 = 3666 dps. In 6 seconds = 22,000 damage taken.

And unless I'm wrong, isn't the strength of the healing ward heal dependent on how much health you had at the time it was cast? (I may be wrong)…

I honestly havn't used healing ward for ages.. Much prefer hots and matriarch or combat prayer.

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC