The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Why is Sload's still not nerfed?

Blobsky
Blobsky
✭✭✭✭✭
I tried my best to not release any builds with this on PTS, but I did post a thread on PTS forums along with many others.

I love a lot of this summerset content, but this set is totally out of hand in PvP. 6K oblivion damage?! Note that oblivion damage ignores all resistances, all shields and even battlespirit.

How exactly are you meant to fight a recap like this on any class with shields xD

https://imgur.com/a/AfSheT9

Even on a non shield class this is literally 1k guaranteed damage every second for the entirity of the fight, which massively outdoes any other set in game.

(2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
(3 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
(4 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
(4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
(5 items) Damaging an enemy has a 10% chance to put a Leeching Shadow on them, dealing 853 Oblivion Damage every 1 second for 6 seconds. This effect can occur every 6 seconds.
Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quiet you, let us console players have some fun first before we Nerf anything please
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do note that if you are complaining about it, the real question is, why aren't you?
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk but I like killing nbs as they try to cloak away
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps because player healing output grossly outclasses this set in every way?

There are far better and more powerful sets too run...more useful ones too..
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’s actually only good in 1v1–as soon as you add another enemy/ player it scales terribly, since you don’t control who it procs on.
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xeNNNNN wrote: »

Name any other set that guarantees 1k damage every second of the fight until the end no matter resistances etc
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    It’s actually only good in 1v1–as soon as you add another enemy/ player it scales terribly, since you don’t control who it procs on.

Tell that to me when I slot it on magdk, which thrives on focusing single targets
    Alpha-Lupi wrote: »
    Do note that if you are complaining about it, the real question is, why aren't you?

I didn't on the PTS to stop awareness. On the live I'm just gona do it now xD

DC EU Nightblade
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because I dont think it's overpowered and it's just PVP whining most likely.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, Sload AND SB, I'm staying out of Cyro on my Sorc

I'll use these 2 sets on my stam Sorc
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This set is really annoying in 1v1 situations, and ridiculous in Xv1 situations.

I've learned this is what happens when you ask for balance from ZOS, they go out of their way to screw everyone eventually.

You complain about cloak incessantly.
    You get sloads.

You complain about shields.
    You get sloads.

You complain about healing.
    You get sloads.

You complain about block.
    You get sloads.

You complain about dodge.
    You get sloads.

It started to get bad with shield breaker and continued with sets like fasalla and countless more. We finally got AoE cap removal, but stacking earthgores is still a thing. The game used to be more about your player skill, attributes and class identity, less about what crutch sets you equip.

Now you stack on a group chasing one player, somehow running yourself out of stats and get saved by X amount of earthgore procs.

this-is-fine.0.jpg
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't it 10% chance? That's not even close to a guaranteed hit...Do you play with a 10% crit (as an example)?
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blobsky wrote: »

Name any other set that guarantees 1k damage every second of the fight until the end no matter resistances etc

Tell that to me when I slot it on magdk, which thrives on focusing single targets

If you so much as tick someone else’s (or a mob’s) toe with a caltops, boundless storm, talons, fiery breath, Arctic winds, path, whatever, you lose control over the target. Any aoe in your rotation kills the targeting. It’s not that great outside of duelling. I tested it first, since I thought it would be the most broken, but it’s mostly bad.
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not 1k its 850 damage , it does NOT scale with CP or any kind of amplifications , only the tooltip scales .
    IMO its completely trash in CP pvp , however it is decent choice for no CP bgs as the healing there is a lot less. I could give it a try on my Werewolf but dont know if i realy wanna drop the sustain from my Amberplasm ^^
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sload’s Semblance
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (4 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (5 items) Damaging an enemy has a 10% chance to put a Leeching Shadow on them, dealing 853 Oblivion Damage every 1 second for 6 seconds. This effect can occur every 6 seconds.

VS

Mechanical Acuity
    (2 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (3 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (4 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina and 1096 Max Magicka.
    (5 items) When you deal direct damage, you have a 15% chance to gain unerring mechanical vision for 5 seconds, causing your attacks to always be a Critical Strike. This effect can occur once every 18 seconds.

If you wanna nerf everything , maybe nerf Sload to direct damage and extend the cc timer , ruin this set just like Acuity .

• Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorilla wrote: »
    Isn't it 10% chance? That's not even close to a guaranteed hit...Do you play with a 10% crit (as an example)?

Dots proc it
    RouDeR wrote: »
    Its not 1k its 850 damage , it does NOT scale with CP or any kind of amplifications , only the tooltip scales .
    IMO its completely trash in CP pvp , however it is decent choice for no CP bgs as the healing there is a lot less. I could give it a try on my Werewolf but dont know if i realy wanna drop the sustain from my Amberplasm ^^

Unmitigatable, unshieldable damage is.nevet weak

If you so much as tick someone else’s (or a mob’s) toe with a caltops, boundless storm, talons, fiery breath, Arctic winds, path, whatever, you lose control over the target. Any aoe in your rotation kills the targeting. It’s not that great outside of duelling. I tested it first, since I thought it would be the most broken, but it’s mostly bad.

My magDak only aoe is volatile and id simply use that more selectively, or even run chudan
    Edited by Blobsky on May 23, 2018 2:43AM

DC EU Nightblade
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Blobsky
    If you're gonna make an argument about why it should be nerfed at-least show an example that doesn't put one extreme i.e shieldbreaker & sloads to justify your reasoning(s).

Not everyone nor a large amount of players will be utilizing shield breaker & sloads in BG, Cyrodill, & Dueling. It seems as though you got a mate or a random person to put that on & went to duel them to skew the narrative in your favor.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like it could be strong in duels. If we balance open world for what's strong in duels, things don't go so well.
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxwellC wrote: »
    @Blobsky
    If you're gonna make an argument about why it should be nerfed at-least show an example that doesn't put one extreme i.e shieldbreaker & sloads to justify your reasoning(s).

Not everyone nor a large amount of players will be utilizing shield breaker & sloads in BG, Cyrodill, & Dueling. It seems as though you got a mate or a random person to put that on & went to duel them to skew the narrative in your favor.

Alternatively you could read the post to see why it is a joke of a set. 1k damage per second ignoring battlescaling, resists, shields etc up 90%+ of the fight

DC EU Nightblade
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sucks to receive unavoidable damage eh? Welcome to the life of someone wearing medium armor.
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    Sucks to receive unavoidable damage eh? Welcome to the life of someone wearing medium armor.

Dodge dodge dodge

DC EU Nightblade
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OdinForge wrote: »
    This set is really annoying in 1v1 situations, and ridiculous in Xv1 situations.

I've learned this is what happens when you ask for balance from ZOS, they go out of their way to screw everyone eventually.

You complain about cloak incessantly.
    You get sloads.

You complain about shields.
    You get sloads.

You complain about healing.
    You get sloads.

You complain about block.
    You get sloads.

You complain about dodge.
    You get sloads.

It started to get bad with shield breaker and continued with sets like fasalla and countless more. We finally got AoE cap removal, but stacking earthgores is still a thing. The game used to be more about your player skill, attributes and class identity, less about what crutch sets you equip.

Now you stack on a group chasing one player, somehow running yourself out of stats and get saved by X amount of earthgore procs.

this-is-fine.0.jpg

Complain about fishing for trophy fish? You get Sloads.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a great set. Its just that people don't understand the benefits of unmitigated, cloak breaking 90% up time 1700+ tooltip equivalent, proc set.

I can put it this way. Ya know how in PvP you can get almost anyone low on health but some are impossible to finish? This is because the player is using his health bar as a resource (essentially a sponge so you waste Stam/mag) and then abilities and things like block to get back up.

Well Sload makes that nearly impossible, it's a heavy consistent pressure that turns the screws.

It's comparable to bleeds. It functions much like bleeds. While they alone may not be menacing, add an opponent attacking you or several players and that's where it shines
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh dear something killing you??

Suck it up and find a way round it!! >:)
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Knight Slayer - Your fully-charged Heavy Attacks against Players deal an additional 9% of their Max Health as Oblivion Damage

exactly how is an RNG set better than a player decided damage hit?

You know that 1800 damage is 9% of 20k right? which is what most glass cannons end up having in pvp. That number only gets higher the more health the target has.

Yeah people can dodge the heavy attack but you can control the fight and ultimately knight-slayer will win out in regards to the sustainability and consistency of the oblivion damage. No Proc, No cool down. Burst. I know the "but its 6k oblivion damage" response will come so just think about the fact that if you control the fight and you control when and where you do that damage ultimately you will do more oblivion damage with it than with sload.

The only manner in which sload potentially becomes superior is because of the 2nd - 3rd and 4th pieces mostly because its very flexible for most classes.

The only place sload will be any good is 1v1 and probably battlegrounds where nothing is balanced at all because the game is based around CP and bleeds rein supreme. Furthermore being single target is only remotely useful in duels to which in cyrodil is hardly a thing in most campaigns. Even Shor is getting zergy. Oh and most oblivion based sets including knight slayer are crap anyway; just flavour sets.

EDIT: Huh Good joke.
    Edited by xeNNNNN on May 23, 2018 2:59AM
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Blobsky
    Sorry I guess I miss the word where you implied it was a joke thread. Your second sentence again you're literally trying to make your argument based on having two situations perfect for you i.e a player wearing shield breaker & sloads which is a strawman.
    I agree the set is ridiculous but not because of it giving oblivion damage but mainly due to its proc being 10% while having virtually no cool-down as the intervals from where it starts/ends is immediate.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Knight Slayer - Your fully-charged Heavy Attacks against Players deal an additional 9% of their Max Health as Oblivion Damage

You know that 1800 damage is 9% of 20k right? which is what most glass cannons end up having in pvp. That number only gets higher the more health the target has.

Yeah people can dodge the heavy attack but you can control the fight and ultimately knight-slayer will win out in regards to the sustainability and consistency of the oblivion damage. No Proc, No cool down. Burst. I know the "but its 6k oblivion damage" response will come so just think about the fact that if you control the fight and you control when and where you do that damage ultimately you will do more oblivion damage with it than with sload.

The only manner in which sload potentially becomes superior is because of the 2nd - 3rd and 4th pieces mostly because its very flexible for most classes.

The only place sload will be any good is 1v1 and probably battlegrounds where nothing is balanced at all because the game is based around CP and bleeds rein supreme. Furthermore being single target is only remotely useful in duels to which in cyrodil is hardly a thing in most campaigns. Even Shor is getting zergy.

Well Sload isn't tied to any GCD, and with KS you use 3 GCDs. I mean that alone is huge. And KS does nothing if you fail to complete the heavy.

Sload has a very high up time. To make it simple, you can easily have a 90% up time with it.

I don't believe it needs a Nerf, but players are either over evaluating or under evaluating the set
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »

Dodge dodge dodge

Soul Assault, Zaan, Curse, PoL, Jabs, DBoS, Destro Ult, Scorch, Rune cage, Petrify, Skoria.. oh yeah such a great defense mechanic.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Notice how there was literally no other attack on the death recap? This is why we need Sloads' because of broken OP damage shields. Welcome to mortality. Enjoy the humility.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxwellC wrote: »
    @Blobsky

All it takes is ONE player in the IC with that set combo, and I guarantee he will pop up everywhere you go... standing on every flag, behind every door... it's lights out for Sorcs.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PvP is the reason why we can't have nice things.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The only place sload will be any good is 1v1 and probably battlegrounds where nothing is balanced at all because the game is based around CP and bleeds rein supreme. Furthermore being single target is only remotely useful in duels to which in cyrodil is hardly a thing in most campaigns. Even Shor is getting zergy. Oh and most oblivion based sets including knight slayer are crap anyway; just flavour sets.

EDIT: Huh Good joke.

Knight Slayer is weaker than you think. You have to stand there not doing anything else for almost 3 GCD hoping you can finish the full heavy attack. Sload's is a mindless auto-proc, and the uptime is significant because it procs on ANY damage, so you can get a 50% proc chance on every GCD just by weaving light attacks with Crushing Shock.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE