The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why is Sload's still not nerfed?

• xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xeNNNNN wrote: »
    Blobsky wrote: »
    xeNNNNN wrote: »
    Perhaps because player healing output grossly outclasses this set in every way?

There are far better and more powerful sets too run...more useful ones too..

Name any other set that guarantees 1k damage every second of the fight until the end no matter resistances etc
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    It’s actually only good in 1v1–as soon as you add another enemy/ player it scales terribly, since you don’t control who it procs on.

Tell that to me when I slot it on magdk, which thrives on focusing single targets
    Alpha-Lupi wrote: »
    Do note that if you are complaining about it, the real question is, why aren't you?

I didn't on the PTS to stop awareness. On the live I'm just gona do it now xD

Knight Slayer - Your fully-charged Heavy Attacks against Players deal an additional 9% of their Max Health as Oblivion Damage

exactly how is an RNG set better than a player decided damage hit?

You know that 1800 damage is 9% of 20k right? which is what most glass cannons end up having in pvp. That number only gets higher the more health the target has.

Yeah people can dodge the heavy attack but you can control the fight and ultimately knight-slayer will win out in regards to the sustainability and consistency of the oblivion damage. No Proc, No cool down. Burst. I know the "but its 6k oblivion damage" response will come so just think about the fact that if you control the fight and you control when and where you do that damage ultimately you will do more oblivion damage with it than with sload.

The only manner in which sload potentially becomes superior is because of the 2nd - 3rd and 4th pieces mostly because its very flexible for most classes.

The only place sload will be any good is 1v1 and probably battlegrounds where nothing is balanced at all because the game is based around CP and bleeds rein supreme. Furthermore being single target is only remotely useful in duels to which in cyrodil is hardly a thing in most campaigns. Even Shor is getting zergy. Oh and most oblivion based sets including knight slayer are crap anyway; just flavour sets.

EDIT: Huh Good joke.

Knight Slayer is weaker than you think. You have to stand there not doing anything else for almost 3 GCD hoping you can finish the full heavy attack. Sload's is a mindless auto-proc, and the uptime is significant because it procs on ANY damage, so you can get a 50% proc chance on every GCD just by weaving light attacks with Crushing Shock.

I still find both sets too be meh generally. Most builds have a reasonable focus on sustain (which also includes self healing output) and will end up healing through it.. yeah sure with battlespirit the ticks will be small but still out heal it as most HoTs if not all are done per second as well. I.e vigor + rally.

The only thing this set really does is reduce the effectiveness of those heals (as it cant be mitigated) while in PvP thats about it as does all DoTs. If It was maybe 2k or a bit more then id agree its a problem. But really? 6k over 6 seconds is meh and as others have pointed out its almost nearly useless in anything but a 1v1.

This is why I said most oblivion sets including knightslayer are crap anyway. But we'll see I guess.
    Edited by xeNNNNN on May 23, 2018 3:31AM
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
    Options
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm compelled to say the word Sload.

Sload.
    Options
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Quiet you, let us console players have some fun first before we Nerf anything please

I want none of this on console lol Was on pts first patch saying this set is bs
    Options
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gorilla wrote: »
    Isn't it 10% chance? That's not even close to a guaranteed hit...Do you play with a 10% crit (as an example)?

it has a 10% chance to proc on any tic of any damage you deal, that is an insane amount of chances in a very short period of time
    Options
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    Notice how there was literally no other attack on the death recap? This is why we need Sloads' because of broken OP damage shields. Welcome to mortality. Enjoy the humility.

works on other classes too lol no requirements like like knight slayer and shield breaker, im going to slap this and poisons on literally everything until it gets nerfed,
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Facefister wrote: »
    PvP is the reason why we can't have nice things.

If you use the set in PvE you’re doing something fundamentally wrong. I love the people who a) don’t play the game, b) don’t PvP, c) if they do, just zerg or d) just post on the forum for the sake of arguing without being affected by the issue either way.

Oblivion damage is a mechanic that should have stayed PvE exclusive. Damage you can’t mitigate is bad design. The easily crafted set is in the game for one reason only: that bad players have an even greater chance to feel “powerful” when they Xv1 a better player.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh i am getting cancer just by reading the given replies here. Its a set with 90% uptime. Dealing 900 Oblivion dmg every second. And from what i heared its even pulling NBs out of cloak.

Classes that rely on Shields as their Main defense just got another set that completly ignores their whole defense.

Its strong in 1v1 and its op in 1vX. And everyone who says that this set is Not completly overperforming and destroying every competetive pvp is a completely ***. Even zos cause they introduced this set.

Only player that will defend this set are this Kind of players that write lfg in zonechat as soon as they enter cyro and always are in a 20+ ppl zerg Not having any clue on game mechanics and Balance.

These ppl cant kill anything without big zerg behind them and are talking like Professional solo players who always fight outnumbered.

This *** just triggers me and had to be said. Learn the game and dont slot broken sets that are completely overperforming.
    Options
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't see the issue. The set puts a dot on one target.. how is that any different than any other proc set? I agree that proc sets are an issue by themselves but this doesn't seem really out of line to me compared to any others.
    Edited by ecru on May 23, 2018 6:48AM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
    Options
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ecru wrote: »
    I really don't see the issue. The set puts a dot on one target.. how is that any different than any other proc set? I agree that proc sets are an issue by themselves but this doesn't seem really out of line to me compared to any others.

Its Oblivion damage. If u dont See why this is a problem then pls stay in ur zerg or in pve

Edit: everyone who think this set is completly fine feel free to duel my Stamdk on pts.
    Edited by Gnozo on May 23, 2018 6:59AM
    Options
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gnozo wrote: »

Its Oblivion damage. If u dont See why this is a problem then pls stay in ur zerg or in pve

yes, i can see that it's oblivion damage.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
    Options
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oblivion damage: ignores resistances, damage shields, blocking, dodging, battle spirit, pulls NB s out of stealth, cant be cleansed.

Tell me why u consider this balanced.
    Options
  • Horker
    Horker
    ✭✭✭✭
    * high pitched hysterically demonic screeching *

1 set that prob is as good as this, but no-one uses really, is Dual wield master axes: (2 Items) Increases the bleed damage Twin Slashes deals by 1500 each tick. now if you do double axes you have another 16% bleed change on top...
    Iknow, it gets reduced by battle spirit, but it ignores all resistances aswell (exept shields thats the only non-common thing).

I dont really see a thicc problem with this sload set, zos finally listened to #nerfsorcs!
    ROSES ARE RED, VIOLETS ARE BLUE, TRINIMAC IS DEAD, MALACATH IS TRUE
    Options
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »

+ Infused Oblivion Damage Weapons :lol:
    Edited by Nyladreas on May 23, 2018 7:23AM
    Options
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What i find as is that we dont get any statement from the devs. Every decent Player who had some basic understanding on game balance and mechanics is complaining about sets like sloads, shieldbreaker, zaan and much more.

We never get a statement from the devs who did the math behind this. So we can See why they put sets like this in the game and how they think it will perform in pvp.

My personal wish for pvp is that every instant dmg proc set, every set that deals dmg on his own no matter how to proc it gets removed from pvp and stays pve where it belongs. So in pvp u will only have sets that buff u and ur skills/abilities and stuff. This would make the game skillbased how it used to be. Working to be good in the game and Not by just slotting some overperforming sets that deal all the dmg for you.
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play in a group

That’s the mindset that made Cyrodiil the zerg fest it is. Just introduce more and more stuff that kills solo and small scale. People will zerg up to not get killed by bad design choices.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oblivion damage: ignores resistances, damage shields, blocking, dodging, battle spirit, pulls NB s out of stealth, cant be cleansed.

i guess that sucks, but all i'm really seeing is, "why can't i just ignore this dot/cleanse this dot like every other dot in the game?"
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, after all I read in the PTS I expected at least the nightblade mains to complain from the get go. Did I miss something? Doesn't it break stealth anymore? Haven't been to PvP since the update. Guess I just have to wait till a decent amount of players use it to read all the tears.
    Options
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i guess that sucks, but all i'm really seeing is, "why can't i just ignore this dot/cleanse this dot like every other dot in the game?"

So u are okay with dot that has 0 counter play? This is not how Balance works
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Play in a group

That’s the mindset that made Cyrodiil the zerg fest it is. Just introduce more and more stuff that kills solo and small scale. People will zerg up to not get killed by bad design choices.

Only speaking from my own experience, but whenever I play solo, I get "zerged" more often by 4-5 Grand Overlords on their "small-scale crusade" than by the main faction zerg. You would be impressed how far some small-scalers on Shor (PC/EU) can hunt you across the map (it´s like you´re worth 50k AP or something......)

Options
  • Shianna
    Shianna
    Soul Shriven
    i love sorc tears ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Options
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love forum warriors without any experience and knowledge about the game.
    Options
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blobsky wrote: »
    I tried my best to not release any builds with this on PTS, but I did post a thread on PTS forums along with many others.

I love a lot of this summerset content, but this set is totally out of hand in PvP. 6K oblivion damage?! Note that oblivion damage ignores all resistances, all shields and even battlespirit.

How exactly are you meant to fight a recap like this on any class with shields xD

https://imgur.com/a/AfSheT9

Even on a non shield class this is literally 1k guaranteed damage every second for the entirity of the fight, which massively outdoes any other set in game.

(2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (4 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (5 items) Damaging an enemy has a 10% chance to put a Leeching Shadow on them, dealing 853 Oblivion Damage every 1 second for 6 seconds. This effect can occur every 6 seconds.

No one cares your whining, becasue if DK can one hitt kill every body, and can be an unkilling thing, this set must stay untouched by ZOS. Or should i call out everyone who is wearign Earthgore? And asking zOS teh same thign you want? no i dont ask for it cos i know inf act the whole forum will blow up in rage cos you would not like to losoe your OP heal sheet. Also not to mention hwomany buff they got AGAIN! whiel most casters like sorcers basicly got forgotten.
    So stop Whining and quit palying if you dont like it.

And BTW 6X853= 5118. not 6K+

Lock this topic, and ignore the upcomming future ones about this subject ZOS thank you <3
    Edited by TheValar85 on May 23, 2018 8:20AM
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
    Options
  • Shianna
    Shianna
    Soul Shriven

biased much? forum warrior with like 5 Posts :D
    Options
  • ChildOfLight
    ChildOfLight
    ✭✭✭
    The Op just likes to complain on any mechanic he cannot abuse.

If he could use it on his magDk, this post would not exist at all.
    PC EU

Ross Campano - Imperial Dragonknight - Tanks and steals stuff from barrels
    Options
  • Rocki
    Rocki
    ✭✭✭

That's the worst thing about these forums imo. So many people that have no idea or even any interest in the problem being discussed come in and say "hurr durr i don't see the problem don't complain hurr durr" then go off to the next thread to say the same thing, most of the time they completely miss the point of what's being discussed and don't offer any counterarguments. Happens in every thread that's somewhat critical or asking for changes.
    Options
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So u are okay with dot that has 0 counter play? This is not how Balance works

the counterplay to damage is healing
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
    Options
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shianna wrote: »

biased much? forum warrior with like 5 Posts :D

I wasnt talking specificly about you. I was talking generally.

But how good would pvp be without any instant dmg porc sets where everything that matters is skill and Not some broken overperforming sets.

Also the removal of instant dmg porc sets would reduce lag cause the server dont need to calculate all the proc sets. I keep dreaming ...
    Options
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly, I don't know what the hype about it is...the set can't even out-damage ONE HoT on any of my chars.
    Enslaved wrote: »

Sounds good, until you use it and find out how bad it is in practice. Don't forget you need defensive stats and abilities too, otherwise you gonna get rolled. That's why you likely will never see it. No one is going to sit still and let you get away with that, you'd probably get them once and get rolled immediately the next time you encounter them.
    Options
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly stop asking ZOS to completly killing Sorcerers! thats just disgusting. I dont know what will you all thinking, if basicly everyone in the forum will turn against your classes so hatfully and so full of sheet like you all do it.

These NERFS are effecting the PVE too, not just pvp, and teh amjority of the player base is focused on pve content, and they would out number every PVP related nerf topics wich effects on PVE. So stop this once and for all. Unless you want teh whole caster community to turn against all of you, and that when it comes it will be realy nasty trust me, and even ZOS dosent want to face that.
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
    Options