The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

(NA) Toxicity in PvP community reaching CRITICAL LEVELS

• NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There's only 3-4 loudmouths from PC EU that cause drama, if zeni dealt with them, PC EU wouldn't have had any external drama, although still plenty of internal one. This is why social bans need to make a comeback at once.

Dude there are alot more than that....
    Many pvpers want recognition and open their mouths to get it.

Few on Youtube, but many more in-game. The ones in-game need social bans desperately, as far as I know, that used to be a thing in the past, but no longer is sadly.

It would simply limit all communication on an account until it expires, leaving the player free to play the game, without bothering anyone else of course.

League of Legends does a similar thing.

If you are reported too many times for raging or flaming people, you get a chat ban which allows you to send 5 chat messages plus one per some number of minutes per game.

That's a pretty good system. It's been in place since LoL season 3 or 4 if I remember correctly. I'd kind of like to see something like that implemented here now that you guys have mentioned it... People who are reported for rage tells could get temporary chat restrictions. ZOS would have to carefully safeguard against abuse, spam reports, etc though.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
    Options
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive been here since day one , and while the fact that toxic people have always existed in this game, ITS NEVER BEEN THIS BAD, the salt is practically BRINE now. Almost every post we make on this forum gets shut down because of all the hate tells and salt throwing. you cant even send people a GG tell after a fight anymore because you get a hate tell back. We all need to chill out as a community, its discouraging the newer players.

Hear hear...while I find it funny sometimes, recently I got a hate whisper from someone who has lower CPs than I do, and is a good player. He's owned me a few times and I've returned the favor also. But the last fight we had all the insults came out, and we killed each other at the same time.

People need to relax, I find it crazy that people take this game so seriously. After a tough day at work and dealing with real life stuff, you get hate tells from a complete stranger, in a video game. Perspective people, put it into perspective.
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
    Options
  • Zouni
    Zouni
    ✭✭✭
    As long as they are not using CAPS i can handle the all the toxic chat people feel they need to dish out for whatever reason.
    Nyxtes - NB
    Nyxta - Sorc
    Mastrofonoss - DK
    Gr Blue - Temp
    Options
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The level of zone chat toxicity was horrid in vivec pc last night. DC side. I literally killed an AD who took back their scroll we had on glade and brought it up to DClaw so they'd have a longer run if they attempt again. Holy [snip] the whispers I got from my own side. We had it for 1 tick before EP got it, they derped and didn't get it for their eval. ALL of AD pushed them for it at arrius and DC was able to take many keeps. I don't see the problem with putting an AD scroll in DClaw. I know it's a longer run if it gets under attack, but if you go to scout it's an amazing keep to defend a scroll in. In fact an organized AD raid ran up from roebeck to Dclaw twice and we defended it from them. And my guild and I we're still getting insults thrown to us in zone chat. It's like DC hates defending Scrolls in Northern keeps, because putting the scroll in Dragon claw makes them actually defend a keep.

When the more hardcore organized PVP guilds logged on they agreed with my choice. So late night vivec wasn't as toxic.but I was surprised that many loud folks in zone chat or angry at me for doing so, and I've been Zone chat Generaling successful keep defenses the past few days, so proud of them >_<
    Edited by SwampRaider on June 6, 2018 9:23AM
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
    Options
  • Waylander07
    Waylander07
    ✭✭✭✭
    Talcyndl wrote: »
    I love the angry "Zone Generals" telling the entire Alliance how stupid we are. I always wonder if they realize how counterproductive their [snip] is.
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    Talcyndl wrote: »
    I love the angry "Zone Generals" telling the entire Alliance how stupid we are. I always wonder if they realize how counterproductive their [snip] is.

[Edited to remove profanity]

People who do that are not "real" generals.

I agree they are not true leaders, I find it interesting that while we fight a losing battle to hold our keeps these so-called generals are typing insults aimed at everyone else instead off fighting. “ I am surrounded by idiots” seems to be the common cry in an effort to distance themselves from the blame when things are going badly. lol
    Edited by Waylander07 on June 6, 2018 9:32AM
    Options
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get lots of hate tells when i go around healing randoms on my healer, im hated by a number of 1vx'ers
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC EU Sotha Sil is pretty tame - can only speak for AD /zone though. I put obnoxious people on ignore, and I think a grand total of 2 are on it...
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    The level of zone chat toxicity was horrid in vivec pc last night. DC side. I literally killed an AD who took back their scroll we had on glade and brought it up to DClaw so they'd have a longer run if they attempt again. Holy [snip] the whispers I got from my own side. We had it for 1 tick before EP got it, they derped and didn't get it for their eval. ALL of AD pushed them for it at arrius and DC was able to take many keeps. I don't see the problem with putting an AD scroll in DClaw. I know it's a longer run if it gets under attack, but if you go to scout it's an amazing keep to defend a scroll in. In fact an organized AD raid ran up from roebeck to Dclaw twice and we defended it from them. And my guild and I we're still getting insults thrown to us in zone chat. It's like DC hates defending Scrolls in Northern keeps, because putting the scroll in Dragon claw makes them actually defend a keep.

When the more hardcore organized PVP guilds logged on they agreed with my choice. So late night vivec wasn't as toxic.but I was surprised that many loud folks in zone chat or angry at me for doing so, and I've been Zone chat Generaling successful keep defenses the past few days, so proud of them >_<

AD scrolls should always go to dragon and ales. EP scrolls Ash and Ales or Rayles if you actually get all 4 scrolls. Basically unless you have 4 scrolls, never put in a tri-keep. If the enemy takes one of those keeps to get their scrolls they are already halfway to grabbing one of yours.

But really if you got the scroll put it where you want. If you steal it from a guild raid, they can choose not to defend you if you don't go where they want to put it though.

Personally I think putting scrolls in claw is a great idea cause it encourages DC to defend it. That keep is red most of the day until BOD or DOG get on to go defend it. How am I supposed to lure 4+ people running sloads to Bruma to kill me if claw is red? ;)
    Options
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the social ban idea brought up above for toxic players. If they aren't gonna outright ban them at least make it so that they can't use chat or whisper someone.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Toxic comment :p
    Options
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    what do you mean toxic?, as tourself (OP) are chicken, what happened at your post? ROFLMAO

Ingame chat can make a 18+ male human broken heart and whining on forum ROFL.

in my perspective, not every people are straight attacking others, it can be they just inform us about our mistake and motivate us.
    Options