The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

(NA) Toxicity in PvP community reaching CRITICAL LEVELS

• Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is toxic.
  • montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭
    Retired PC EU Sotha Sil DC zone general here...( my faction DOES suck!!!)

Nah but on a more serious note, I don't get the issue here. maybe cause I come from a FPS background my skin is somewhat more sturdy. Okay so some1 you dont know talks mad trash in chat. Okay, so what? I mean you even have an ignore button if you really can't handle it.

But imho you shouldnt really get fazed by some unknown KB warrior talking crap in chat. What could some1 like that possibly say to tick you off so much to the point youre thinking to yourself, or saying out loud: "I dont like this place. This place is such poison."
    - easy farmable saltbucket -
    - retired QQ king of Daggerfall Covenant PC-EU Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/weird dragon name/Ravenwatch zone chat -
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toxicity has always been there/here/over-there/everywhere, ESO's tiny pvp population just no longer has the numbers to dilute or overshadow it anymore.

Bless Online May 28th
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Talcyndl wrote: »
    I love the angry "Zone Generals" telling the entire Alliance how stupid we are. I always wonder if they realize how counterproductive their [snip] is.

[Edited to remove profanity]

Man, I feel 100% certain that they either don't care or are so narcissistic that they aren't even aware of it. They would likely be enraged if they were to learn just how many people have them on ignore. LOL

Edited to mention that one of the coolest interactions I had with another faction player was when we took each other out at the exact same time and both got the Close Call Kill achievement. He whispered me and said, "That was awesome!" and I responded in kind. It was cool. Don't run across that very often. Still, haven't gotten too many hate whispers in a while.
    Edited by Thunderknuckles on May 23, 2018 12:56AM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Easy way to reduce the toxicity.... Just do as the zone generals tell you!! :triumph:
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait to log in and crap talk zone chat....much fun
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there even such a thing as civil PvP? I'm asking seriously. I have not seen any game yet where it isn't just accepted that PvP means people being rude and nasty to each other. It would be nice to find out if I've just had bad luck with that so far. I would actually enjoy PvP in a different type of social environment.
    Edited by Minyassa on May 23, 2018 7:47PM
  • poietin
    poietin
    ✭✭✭
    Can you imagine if cyrodiil had proximity voice chat? lololololol
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    Is there even such a thing as civil PvP? I'm asking seriously. I have not seen any game yet where it isn't just accepted that PvP means people being rude and nasty to each other. It would be nice to find out if I've just had bad luck with that so far. I would actually enjoy PvP in a different type of social environment.

In an environment made of mostly angsty teens wrestling with their hormones and socially stunted 20-somethings? That would be a rare gem.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

On XBox it’s literally 95% reasonably chill people in Cyrodiil. Maybe you’ll get hazed a bit playfully if you say something stupid in the chat, but that’s about it.

Sure, you’ll get an occasional idiot spouting nonsense but that is definitely in the minority. In thousands of PVP kills I think I’ve gotten like 2 hate messages ever, which is actually better than this very forum where I got a death threat once.

The average dungeon run with randoms ... yeah ... that’s completely the opposite though.

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 NA I occasionally see individuals get called out for 1v1s and then we have hissing / spitting over dumb arguments. Most of the time, the dumb stuff is just entertainment.

The important thing I reserve Zone for is call outs of enemy attacks. Half of the time I send out an alert for one of our keeps getting attacked, if there is a zerg leader reading chat, they show up!

Been in a few situations where it's just me n' a handful of defenders on front door. It's been 5 minutes since the call went out, keep is flagged, and over the horizon I see a zerg leader and his 24-man ride up on Rapids and smash into the enemy zerg. Good times those are.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno why, but this game might have the highest concentration of egomaniacs of all games I've played. Not even FPS games I played were this much ego driven. From 1vXers that slam the X for outnumbering them to guilds claiming to be the saviors of servers and such. I think I've seen it all. But there might be more I have yet to uncover.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Rokh
    Rokh
    ✭✭
    I enter Cyrodill with the understanding that excessive gaming is an addiction and most of my friends playing ESO are addicted to gaming. We are all aware it is wrong and we are hurting ourselves but we continue to victimise ourselves. This sort of behaviour leads to the creation of our egos which are very hard to maintain. The whole delusion of our awesome is held together by this ego which continously needs to be fed. Which causes people to behave in all sort of nasty ways.
    It's rather pitiful.
    Wait what did i say? It's too early for me and why I am posting here..
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

PC-EU is fine.. Toxicity is rare. Mostly people in /zone are either just reporting campaign info or having a bit of friendly chat/banter.

ofc, things would be better if people didn't keep ignoring home-keeps and calls for defensive help to instead keep pushing the weaker faction - but then, that's mostly ZoS's fault for making it almost pointless to try to play the campaign anyway, so there seems to be this split between those who still try, and those who dgaf anymore.
    I'm on the 'still trying' side - but can't blame the others. Will probably be joining them soon.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

PC-EU is fine.. Toxicity is rare. Mostly people in /zone are either just reporting campaign info or having a bit of friendly chat/banter.

ofc, things would be better if people didn't keep ignoring home-keeps and calls for defensive help to instead keep pushing the weaker faction - but then, that's mostly ZoS's fault for making it almost pointless to try to play the campaign anyway, so there seems to be this split between those who still try, and those who dgaf anymore.
    I'm on the 'still trying' side - but can't blame the others. Will probably be joining them soon.

Yeh EU is fine apart from the *** threats, doxing, swatting and general raging toxicity and dead hours of pvp. Completely fine.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeh EU is fine apart from the *** threats, doxing, swatting and general raging toxicity and dead hours of pvp. Completely fine.

You're in the wrong faction :-) Come to DC - we're all nice fluffy bunnies!
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The toxicity is correlated to the number of people playing Nightblades.

If you have too many wanna-be assassin rogues, their failed gank tears infiltrate the groundwater. #ESOscience.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. IZZEFlameLash
      IZZEFlameLash
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I really doubt that. Videos/dramas from PC EU shows that it is as toxic as NA one. Not to the degree of NA consoles though by the looks of it. All the namecallings. And I do have to say people playing NBs are prone to be toxic??? I am not sure why but I find it to be the case.
      Edited by IZZEFlameLash on May 25, 2018 12:35AM
      Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
    2. LegendaryMage
      LegendaryMage
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I really doubt that. Videos/dramas from PC EU shows that it is as toxic as NA one. Not to the degree of NA consoles though by the looks of it. All the namecallings. And I do have to say people playing NBs are prone to be toxic??? I am not sure why but I find it to be the case.

There's only 3-4 loudmouths from PC EU that cause drama, if zeni dealt with them, PC EU wouldn't have had any external drama, although still plenty of internal one. This is why social bans need to make a comeback at once.
    3. pzschrek
      pzschrek
      ✭✭✭✭
      And I do have to say people playing NBs are prone to be toxic??? I am not sure why but I find it to be the case.

Look at how a nightblade plays. It's an ass hole class from the ground up. So it's no surprise that people who main them generally tend to be ass holes
      “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
    4. Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
      Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
      ✭✭✭✭

There's only 3-4 loudmouths from PC EU that cause drama, if zeni dealt with them, PC EU wouldn't have had any external drama, although still plenty of internal one. This is why social bans need to make a comeback at once.

Dude there are alot more than that....
      Many pvpers want recognition and open their mouths to get it.
    5. SkysOutThizeOut
      SkysOutThizeOut
      ✭✭✭✭
      If you want to get the toxic small scalers out of zone and your faction read this thread. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/415045/create-a-4th-faction-a-deserter-bandit-faction-in-cyrodiil#latest
    6. frozywozy
      frozywozy
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Sometimes I wish accounts were bound to one faction, and you couldn't communicate with the other faction. Just like Wow used to be. It would be easier to get along and people with big egos wouldn't be a problem anymore.
      Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
      Frosted - Magplar - AR50
      Frodn - Magden - AR50
      Warmed - Magblade - AR50
      Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
      Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
      Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
      PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
      • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
      • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
      • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
      • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
      • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
      • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
      • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
      • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
      • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
      • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
      • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
      • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
      • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
      • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
      • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
      • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
      • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
      • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
      • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
      • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
      • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
      • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
      • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
      • Introduce dynamic population
      • Lower population cap by 20%
      • Add Snare Immunity potions
      • Bring resurrection sickness
      • Fix character desync
      • Fix cc breaking bug
      • Fix gap closer bug
      • Fix health desync
      • Fix combat bug
      • Fix streak bug
      • Fix server lag
    7. vamp_emily
      vamp_emily
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Humans are attracted to drama because it is stimulating.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
      AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

8. Elong
      Elong
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      frozywozy wrote: »
      Sometimes I wish accounts were bound to one faction, and you couldn't communicate with the other faction. Just like Wow used to be. It would be easier to get along and people with big egos wouldn't be a problem anymore.

But you play in a guild with big egos who play and communicate with other factions.
    9. Vilestride
      Vilestride
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Elong wrote: »

But you play in a guild with big egos who play and communicate with other factions.

How was DC ?
    10. Elong
      Elong
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Vilestride wrote: »
      Elong wrote: »

How was DC ?

It was awful. 2 months of listening to those who we do not name. How did you find your time there?
    11. LegendaryMage
      LegendaryMage
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude there are alot more than that....
      Many pvpers want recognition and open their mouths to get it.

Few on Youtube, but many more in-game. The ones in-game need social bans desperately, as far as I know, that used to be a thing in the past, but no longer is sadly.

It would simply limit all communication on an account until it expires, leaving the player free to play the game, without bothering anyone else of course.
    12. DoctorESO
      DoctorESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Talcyndl wrote: »
      I love the angry "Zone Generals" telling the entire Alliance how stupid we are. I always wonder if they realize how counterproductive their [snip] is.

[Edited to remove profanity]

People who do that are not "real" generals.
    13. Iskras
      Iskras
      ✭✭✭

- rather than using some personal privileges, such as friendships, to suggest third-party banishment, right?

;)
      Edited by Iskras on May 26, 2018 10:45AM