Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

This game makes "L2P" difficult.

• MaleAmazon
    MaleAmazon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have personaly experienced people hitting 50k+dps on a movement heavy fights. I wondered if maybe my combat metrics were glitching out, but no... they were not. for me its just... about as achievable as the kind of speed professional Star Craft players build their bases and deploy troops. some people are very VERY good. some.

True, I just don´t think those values are sustainable and generalizable (not saying you said they were, just that some people seem to think they are).
    it also relies on the kind of execution that is beyond reach of a LOT of players. even with practice and following meta builds etc etc.

Yeah. My personal problem is that I have a hard time finding a good group; I play too casually to play raids several times per week and socialize etc, but.I´m not really a casual player. And many vet dungeons now require tight group coordination and previous detailed knowledge of mechanics. Some modes practically require voice chat (e.g. Mazzatun HM).

The lack of single player challenge will be why I eventually leave ESO unless they change it.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaleAmazon wrote: »
    Also old information can be outdated or even initially based on misinformation.
    This is one of the biggest issues I run into while researching outside of the game. Information is just too old to be useful.

Most of the information I see talks about skills, traits, and passives of the game as it was 2+ years ago. Anything recent is usually done by people who think their audience has been playing since the game released. I know of a few videos which expressly discuss the change of old and new, and why "new" is better or worse.

I still watch them, if only to get an understanding of the design as it were then. Even old information can be useful at times. All I would need to do is adapt this to the current game.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaleAmazon wrote: »
    I have personaly experienced people hitting 50k+dps on a movement heavy fights. I wondered if maybe my combat metrics were glitching out, but no... they were not. for me its just... about as achievable as the kind of speed professional Star Craft players build their bases and deploy troops. some people are very VERY good. some.

True, I just don´t think those values are sustainable and generalizable (not saying you said they were, just that some people seem to think they are).
    it also relies on the kind of execution that is beyond reach of a LOT of players. even with practice and following meta builds etc etc.

Yeah. My personal problem is that I have a hard time finding a good group; I play too casually to play raids several times per week and socialize etc, but.I´m not really a casual player. And many vet dungeons now require tight group coordination and previous detailed knowledge of mechanics. Some modes practically require voice chat (e.g. Mazzatun HM).

The lack of single player challenge will be why I eventually leave ESO unless they change it.

Ok, this. I feel the same way.

I don't play in long enough spurts to justify trying to join many trials (also don't wanna have to leave or f-up 11 other people's fun, hell even 1 is too many)

But Pugging is like an extreme opposite the majority of the time.

So even though I have the gear, minimum dps and decent knowledge I feel really cut off from the end game.

Another example is scalecaller peak. While it's only 4 man, it does require a decent team. I've also discovered another difficulty - good players set in their ways. Had a really good player in a PuG, he was use to having a team with enough dps to skip mechanics (I was the tank) our fellow dps was not as good (though definitely good enough) so the burn was not happening.

The really good player refused to adapt and kept trying to just burn. He kept dying, he eventually gave up and left. His replacement, also good but adaptive, was able to clear the boss first try.

Again I rambled

TLDR: I agree
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds