The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Spell 5 skills in less then 1 secound...

Iskras
Iskras
✭✭✭
There is a great mystery in the mechanics of the game for me to date, how can some players - always the same - spell 5 skills in less than a second?

Curiously, this is always the case with the same players. I really need to learn this ... or ZOS could make it more 'democratic'.

-_-
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its easy, and I'll he glad to share my secret with you: LAG.

Everytime I seem to get hit with a ton of abilities at once, its because of lag.

(Now, thats not to completely eliminate the possibility that my opponents are nefarious individuals using nefarious programs to cheat nefariously. That does happen. But in my case, I choose to blame my rural internet because I live next to a bean field, across from a corn field, with a cow pasture out the other way.)
    Edited by VaranisArano on April 24, 2018 11:40PM
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three easy ones off the top of my head
    Curse, Fury, LA, Frag, Implosion
    Dive, Sub Assault, Crit Rush, LA, Bash
    Snipe, Snipe, Ambush, LA, Enchant

What are you getting hit by that you cannot understand? There is likely a very simple rotation to pull it off. A combat log with time stamps is better than death recap.

Edited by Taylor_MB on April 24, 2018 9:27PM
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »

What are you getting hit by that you cannot understand? There is likely a very simple rotation to pull it off. A combat log with time stamps is better than death recap.

Might as well add Eclipse, Purifying Light[any Templar skill[}, light attack, enchant. Use Blazing spear and it's 6 hits. Throw in meteor and it's 7. Valkyn Proc and it's 8.
    Edited by Joy_Division on April 24, 2018 11:11PM
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Its easy, and I'll he glad to share my secret with you: LAG.

Everytime I seem to get hit with a ton of abilities at once, its because of lag.

(Now, thats not to completely eliminate that my opponents are nefarious individuals using nefarious programs to cheat nefariously. That does happen. But in my case, I choose to blame my rural internet because I live next to a bean field, across from a corn field, with a cow pasture out the other way.)

Macros change the name? Nice.
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    I believe in 3 situations that may or may not be different:

Experienced and extremely fast players; LAG; use of macros. Simple. The third situation, I do not seem to hurt the ToS.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Macros do not bypass GCDs

The only thing that makes it appear as if GCDs are ignored is Lag and desync

Then there's combos:
    Taylor_MB wrote: »

Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskras wrote: »
    There is a great mystery in the mechanics of the game for me to date, how can some players - always the same - spell 5 skills in less than a second?

Curiously, this is always the case with the same players. I really need to learn this ... or ZOS could make it more 'democratic'.

-_-

Not possible at all because of the global skill cooldown.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup - as others have said, list the abilities and we will see.

You need to understand that there are abilities made for 'delayed burst' - designed to hit at the same time as other abilities.
    Lets take magsorc for example. A typical ultimate damage combination could go like this (numbers are seconds/GCD's, whatever).:

1. Cast fury/wrath. This adds a debuff for 4 seconds.
    2. Cast curse. Does no immediate damage but will explode in 3 seconds.
    3. Cast meteor. This will land in about one second.
    4. Cast light-attack + frag.
    5. Get hit with: Curse explosion, Meteor landing, light-attack, glyph proc from light attack, frag hitting, and if all that puts you below 20%, fury/wrath proc.

You will see 6 hits occurring at the same time - but it took 4-5 seconds of constant casting to set up.

There are other examples of these kind of combo's - and they are all basically examples of using the class properly - no lag, no macro's.

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey boo

Macros just click buttons for you. They don’t interfere with the game engine.

Saying that macros help you do 5 attacks real fast is like saying if you tap the ability button super fast then you can do five skills in a second.

The accusation you’re looking for here is “cheat engine”
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-_-

Death cap only shows last 5 skills

You may have been hit by 6 to 10 total especially with process sets and DoTs

Best thing is to focus on the fun stuff ... Not the death stuff
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »

-_-

Death Recap does not show last 5 skills. It shows what it deems to be the most important recent hits. Just FYI. That is how your recap says the same skill 5 times, without anything else in between. Especially Oblivion Enchants are bad on this.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    five skills
    Edited by TheNuminous1 on April 25, 2018 9:00PM
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that prolly took 2 seconds tho
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    SugaComa wrote: »

-_-

Death Recap does not show last 5 skills. It shows what it deems to be the most important recent hits. Just FYI. That is how your recap says the same skill 5 times, without anything else in between. Especially Oblivion Enchants are bad on this.

Well thank you for clarifying

That wasn't something I was not aware of,

My only worry to that is I have seen light attacks on my death recap for 800 damage

That hardly seems important compared to the 5k hits I'm taking from other skills, hence my deduction to it being the last few hits
    Edited by SugaComa on April 27, 2018 9:18PM
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 skills. It's short sentence and only takes a second to spell. Maybe try Mavis Beacon?
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toast_STS wrote: »
    5 skills. It's short sentence and only takes a second to spell. Maybe try Mavis Beacon?

Took me a sec

It's actually pretty witty
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    “cheat engine”

that is what i believe.
    and i do think it happens, and is happening in eso.

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “cheat engine”

that is what i believe.

Cheat engine is a bit like Sasquatch. A lot of people claim to have seen it, but every time you look at the evidence it comes clear that it isn’t Sasquatch.

I’m always open to the possibility. I think a “no clip” chestnut engine hack would be mechanically possible since collision detection is client side, not server side... but most things are server side, including the global cooldown.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “cheat engine”

that is what i believe.

Cheat engine is a bit like Sasquatch. A lot of people claim to have seen it, but every time you look at the evidence it comes clear that it isn’t Sasquatch.

I’m always open to the possibility. I think a “no clip” chestnut engine hack would be mechanically possible since collision detection is client side, not server side... but most things are server side, including the global cooldown.

To add to this. Everything I've seen involving cheat engine played on in game variables. Such as manipulation of Dodge chance via shuffle, ult gen and ult use, jumping and movements. Things that already existed but could be manipulated - never anything like bypassing GCDs, or circumventing mechanics.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheat engine can change numbers: stats, percentage numbers, numbers of major and minor buffs and therefore also ultigen. You cant cheat around the global cooldown. Cheat engine can just change the feedback from the pc to the server and change sent numbers.