The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How much have you spent?

• Charliff1966
    Charliff1966
    ✭✭✭
    $500-Above
    Way more then €500. Gaming is my main hobby. Collecters editions are the way for me. Think i spent a couple of thousands a year on it.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $500-Above
    Every digital deluxe edition, full price, preordered as it came out, a full subscription until the sub requirement was lifted, then ESO plus on and off (about 6 months total of ESO plus), every single DLC, so a sub is not required to play them, EVERY. SINGLE. crown store item released up to Shadows of the Hist was released, somewhere between 500 and 1000 dollars on crown crates (so I KNOW how much of anrip off they are - still not a single radiant apex mount), several other crown store items since Shadows of the Hist (at least 50 bucks a month spent on that, I'd say), and a few other things, like furnishings and appearance change tokens (luckily I did all my researches and horse trainings with in game gold), totalling around 500 dollars (thank the divines there was a crown store sale when I got the mundus stone furnishings). This is a conservative estimate. I'll let you do the actual math (I'm afraid what I'll find).

I've played since the beta, I love TES, and I was there for a lot of firsts, so I'm invested. I can't say I should have spent all this money, or that I'd do it again given a redo, or that I really have the money to spend... but ESO has a lot of things I like, and I think it's a game deserving of compensation for everything it provides.

This also happens to be one of the reasons I feel wrongs in the game should be righted, and why I have such vehement hatred toward crown crates and other predatory practices. Those shouldn't need to be implemented when there are players like me, right (this is a rhetorical question)?

But yeah, judge me if you will. Have at it.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $300-$400
    Subbed almost since I started playing, bought Morrowind, and bought crowns during the last two sales. I never added it all up until now.
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    $500-Above
    Easily over $500, maybe even over $1,000. That's for me and my wife. I bought the full game for both of us over a year ago, bought some DLC packages, then bought ESO+ for at least a year now. We've also bought some extra crown packages, including the 21,000 crown bundles.

I've personally spent more on Elite Dangerous over the last few years but these are the hobbies we enjoy. If my back hadn't gone out years ago I'd probably have more active hobbies like in the past.
  • Smokewood
    Smokewood
    ✭✭✭
    $50-$100
    Pre-ordered Summerset (which included the base game and Marrowind) for myself and a copy as a birthday gift to a gaming buddy.

Also signed up for ESO+

40+40+15= 95
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All DLCS + Chapters.
    14 char slots

No Crate purchases
    No "Other" purchases <Pets/scrolls/research/xp etc>

I dunno what that is, maybe 100 USD.

*Edit:

I do buy bulk crowns when they are on sale in prep for the future year. I have around 6-7K crowns for this entire year saved <Dragon bones was purchased with the crowns bought from last December sale. Which is basically 1/2 off IIRC
    Edited by karekiz on April 19, 2018 3:41PM
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    $500-Above
    £4,265.33.... ouch.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Bbsample197
    Bbsample197
    ✭✭✭✭
    $100-$200
    about $150 i think and its still increasing! i couldnt play this game without eso+
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $500-Above
    Probably getting on for £1000 based on two subscriptions since launch, plus collectors' editions (on one account, digital upgrade on the other) for Morrowind and Summerset, plus assorted crown purchases during sales. In all, exceptional value for money given the time spent and level of enjoyment received on ESO over four years. What else can you do for about a fiver per week?
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    $200-$300
    I should factor in ESO+ and it could be more. I don't know entirely for sure and part of me thinks I will be happier not knowing.
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $10-$50
    1500 hours, 10 euros (bought on a sale on Steam).

i live in a poor country and i don't have that much free time to play.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Since when? I'd have to calculate...been here since beta and preordered Imperial physical collector's edition, a second adventurers account pack, morrowind, 2 dlcs (I get them with + but i bought 2 because of good deals), Summerset and several crown crates and items.
    Edited by Mureel on April 19, 2018 3:55PM
  • Ananoriel
    Ananoriel
    ✭✭✭
    $200-$300
    - Base game
    - Morrowind digital upgrade
    - Summerset Collectors edition - digital upgrade
    - ESO plus for almost two years
    - Several times some crowns at crown sales

I think I've came above the $200,- mark, but perhaps it also may be slightly underneath it. I am not too sure. I still think it is money well spend, I always come back to ESO.
  • Motherball
    Motherball
    ✭✭✭✭
    $10-$50
    With the amount of dough flying around here, you’d think they would have a little room in the budget for fixing some of the lag/bugs.
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $500-Above
    Base game, morrowind, and ESO+ on and off over the years easily adds up over 500. MMOs continue to be one of the best bangs for your entertainment dollars.

Of course if you build gaming PC specifically then the cost increases, but still worth it.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $500-Above
    • base game collectors edition
    • Morrowind collectors edition
    • Summerset collectors edition
    • 4+ years ESO plus
    • bought $75 worth of Crowns once when they were on sale

It all adds up rather quickly.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Irfind
    Irfind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $500-Above
    Me and my husband together 800-900 Euro o:)
    PC EU no CP PVP
    EP Irfind - Stam NB Dunmer
    EP Iswind - Mag Warden Dunmer
    EP Ko'runa Silberklaue - Mag Temp Khajiit
    EP Eldrid Hagal - Mag DK Dunmer
    EP Feyne R'is - Stam Sorc Dunmer ...with Bow
    EP Wynn Loraethaine - Mag NB Dunmer
    AD Runare Loraethaine - Stam Sorc Altmer
    AD Skadi Hagal - Stam DK Khajiit
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    $500-Above
    After some curious figuring last night I have realized I've spent about $350 on ESO.

About $100 of that were copies of the game I've gifted friends
    Another $100 on different crates throughout different seasons (Dwarven, Reapers, Flame and Stormcaller)
    And about $150 on DLC's/Account Upgrades (Summerset, Morrowind, Guilds and Glory, the Dungeon Packs, Imperial Edition and the Merchant Assistant)

At first I was like wow that's alot. But once I broke it down it down to individual charges, $250 (just on myself) on a game I love to death and has given me around 1400 hours of fun over a year, that's not a bad figure at all. It had me curious about what the average long-term player spent on the game. I'm aware theres a sort of stigma on the forums about people spending any money at all on the game, but i say bullocks to that. ZOS has given us a fantastic game, and if you don't agree with that I'm not even sure why you're lurking these forums. We should support them any way we can (if in your individual situation you can financially, that is.)

The most recent similar poll was from a couple years ago so I didn't see the harm in a new one with latest expansion data.

you literally do not want to know
  • Raraaku
    Raraaku
    ✭✭✭✭
    $200-$300
    Around $250, including the Morrowind Bundle.

I buy a bulk of crowns every so often (5-6 months), usually to buy utility/upgrades on my accounts/characters. The hardest thing right now is managing bank/inventory/house space for basically just crafting materials. Those crown housing storage containers are burning through my crowns more quickly than I'd like though.

I could go plus, but I'm cheap... and a college student. But that bag tho.

Edit: Grammar stuff
    Edited by Raraaku on April 19, 2018 4:13PM
    Back from a much needed break. || I like having too many projects and working on them all at once.

Tank Enthusiast || CP: 445 || Stormproof

Tanks
    Karsaak gro-Ursa: DC || Orc || Stamina Dragonknight || Tank || Level: CP 445
    Sir Leopold Stotch: DC || Breton || Magicka Templar || Tank || Level: 445
    Protects-Squishy-Ones: EP || Argonian || Magicka Sorcerer || Tank/CC || Level: CP 445
    Björn Shadow-Walker: EP || Nord || Stamina Nightblade || Tank || Level: 15
    Tiberius Valerion: AD || Imperial || Stamina Warden || Tank || Level: 15

Damage Dealers
    Morrigan Ravyn-Cloak: AD || Altmer || Magicka Nightblade || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ra'Zahkara: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Dragonknight || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ezra al-Khazir: DC || Redguard || Stamina Templar || DPS || Level: 40
    Erryndril Telvaux: EP || Dunmer || Magicka Dragonknight || DPS || Level: 25
    Uzara gra-Khalari: DC || Orc || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [2H/DW] || Level: 15
    Solomon Motierre: DC || Breton || Magicka Sorcerer || DPS || Level: 20
    Ragnar the Wulf: EP || Nord || Stamina Warden || DPS || Level: 30
    Ra'Rahku: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [Bow/Bow] || Level: 15

Healers
    Sees-through-Hist: EP || Argonian || Magicka Warden || Healer/CC || CP 445
    Daedalus the Artificer: AD || Altmer || Magicka Templar || Healer || Level: 15
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    $100-$200
    Thank god I didn´t preorder the new chapter.
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In excess of £300 easily. Been a ESO+ sub for a good 3 years on and off plus Morrowind at another £40 + A few crown purchases before ZO$ went full wallet raider.
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    $500-Above
    Base game: 60 (aboot a month or two after launch),

Sub since August of 2014, which is 44 months at 15 dollars a piece, and just with that alone I absolutely shatter the 500 mark.

Older players will view that as a low ball estimate :p
  • Vyperia
    Vyperia
    ✭✭✭
    $500-Above
    I'd say around £1200 ($1700 ish)
    Preorder of imperial edition
    Morrowind digital deluxe upgrade
    Summerset digital deluxe upgrade
    3+ years of sub
    Imperial edition on console
    1 year of console sub
    Many many many crowns over 2 platforms.

So basically far more than I should have :D
    PC EU - CP 810+ - @Vyperia

Vyperia - Stamsorc EP
    Aela Of Rorikstead - Stamdk EP
    Fireya at-Rusa - Stamden DC

XB NA - CP 500+ - GT Vyperia

Aleri Telvanni - Magsorc AD
  • Guarlet
    Guarlet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $100-$200
    Counting subscription time? Probably about $150, give or take. I'm not a crown buyer (bought crowns once and that's it), but I'm planning on staying subbed indefinitely at least for the time being- this game is a helluva drug.

I have the base game and Morrowind. Will buy Summerset once it's out.
    Edited by Guarlet on April 19, 2018 4:37PM
    AKA The Goblinator, PC/EU
  • Sting864
    Sting864
    ✭✭✭✭
    $50-$100
    Do you mean counting the game purchase and subscription to ESO+??
    Outside of that, I've spent $0.00...
  • DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $200-$300
    Around 200-300€ so far.

Best investment in my life.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $500-Above
    Console only fits the poll of $500+

PC only is around $244 currently according to my account page.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Arundo
    Arundo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $500-Above
    Spend alot on crowncrates when you could get all stuff with crown gems, now I only buy a few 15 packs to see if I get lucky but not nearly as much as before. In total however still way above 500 USD/EUR.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $500-Above
    Marginis wrote: »
    Every digital deluxe edition, full price, preordered as it came out, a full subscription until the sub requirement was lifted, then ESO plus on and off (about 6 months total of ESO plus), every single DLC, so a sub is not required to play them, EVERY. SINGLE. crown store item released up to Shadows of the Hist was released, somewhere between 500 and 1000 dollars on crown crates (so I KNOW how much of anrip off they are - still not a single radiant apex mount), several other crown store items since Shadows of the Hist (at least 50 bucks a month spent on that, I'd say), and a few other things, like furnishings and appearance change tokens (luckily I did all my researches and horse trainings with in game gold), totalling around 500 dollars (thank the divines there was a crown store sale when I got the mundus stone furnishings). This is a conservative estimate. I'll let you do the actual math (I'm afraid what I'll find).

I've played since the beta, I love TES, and I was there for a lot of firsts, so I'm invested. I can't say I should have spent all this money, or that I'd do it again given a redo, or that I really have the money to spend... but ESO has a lot of things I like, and I think it's a game deserving of compensation for everything it provides.

This also happens to be one of the reasons I feel wrongs in the game should be righted, and why I have such vehement hatred toward crown crates and other predatory practices. Those shouldn't need to be implemented when there are players like me, right (this is a rhetorical question)?

But yeah, judge me if you will. Have at it.

So, I was looking for something to do over my lunch break. I worked out some math, combining some estimates, some wiki data, and ESO crown store pricing. I estimated I spent about 3520 as a low estimate, which I rounded to somewhere between 3500 and 4000 US dollars.

I was wrong. Looked up actual billing history, and before factoring in tax and change (I rounded to the nearest dollar amount when adding) I spent $526USD on Elder Scrolls Online on PC, before the console release. On console, to date, I've spent $4,670USD on ESO, not counting xbox live gold. That's $5,196USD spent on ESO to date, or about $1000 a year. That's roughly half of what I'd spent on every videogame related thing I've ever owned up to 2013, just spent on ESO, one game. There's a poll option for $500+, where's the one for $5,000+?

Kinda makes me wonder if there's anyone else in the 5,000+ club, or if I have single handedly spent the most money on this game of any individual person as a player (I sincerely hope so, for everyone's sake).

Sad thing is, I would've spent more, but the crown crates (specifically the crown crate rewards you can only get with RNG) and the rising cost of crown store items soured me on the idea. If not for the prohibitively high cost of buying every single item (like 40 dollars PER MOUNT, or having to buy a million crates AND get lucky just to get a few rare crate mounts) I would still be buying every single crown store item ZOS releases. As it is now, I only spend money if it's something that isn't some sort of duplicate of what I already have or if I really love the cosmetics of it. That's why I could care less if they release another senche mount now, whereas, if not for the aforementioned reasons, I would still be pretty excited and buy it immediately. I will gladly be a whale for a company that treats me right, but it's harder when they don't. It's also harder when I'm really more of a dolphin than a whale, but I'm a generous sea mammal, so I can get past that.

tl;dr Please tell me I'm not the only one who's spent over $5,000 bucks on this game.
    Edited by Marginis on April 19, 2018 6:15PM
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • KeiruNicrom
    KeiruNicrom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $500-Above
    between constant sub since release and crown sales....yea I gotta cut cold guar