The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Damn It, ZOS! Again With This HM Crap!?

• XiDiabolismiX
    XiDiabolismiX
    ✭✭✭
    You completely lost me at your snarky comment that you don’t care what the “top 1%” have to say? If anything, that’s more toxic than the premise of this thread.

There should be items locked behind extremely tough content for something to work towards. That’s one of the major points of an mmorpg, dedicating your time and efforts, and coordinating strategy to beat something as a team.

I’d say your toxic view of great players means you’re hanging out with the wrong crowd. There’s plenty of guilds and groups to work with, it just takes alot of perseverance and hard work. If anyone feels like they’re losing sense of end game content then they’re doing it wrong, whether it’s the team or themselves personally. Find a new group of people you enjoy spending time with that compliment your playstyle and values.

It’s that simple.

• Ulfgarde
    Ulfgarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah let PvE'rs have the rewards... I think it keeps the competition up and makes the good players or strongest guilds stand out. It would be nice to see similar treatment on the PvP side, but that's too much of wishful thinking.

At the end of the day it's just a palette swap of your character. And a goal that people will strive for anyway.
    Edited by Ulfgarde on April 17, 2018 3:23AM
    Very athletic eso player
    PC EU
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You completely lost me at your snarky comment that you don’t care what the “top 1%” have to say? If anything, that’s more toxic than the premise of this thread.

There should be items locked behind extremely tough content for something to work towards. That’s one of the major points of an mmorpg, dedicating your time and efforts, and coordinating strategy to beat something as a team.

I’d say your toxic view of great players means you’re hanging out with the wrong crowd. There’s plenty of guilds and groups to work with, it just takes alot of perseverance and hard work. If anyone feels like they’re losing sense of end game content then they’re doing it wrong, whether it’s the team or themselves personally. Find a new group of people you enjoy spending time with that compliment your playstyle and values.

It’s that simple.

And quite frankly it isn't hard (at least on Xbox) to get into a progression guild. I want me pretty blue and black skin as much as anyone, but I'm in a progression guild, working towards it. People are kind, people are fun, it isn't hard.

Like, you don't have to be this super nerd raider to get a lot of these skins... you just gotta be willing to learn, put forth effort and not give up after one try.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    Greevir wrote: »
    My google translate isn't working correctly. What are you saying?

He's comparing action games considered to be difficult to an mmo.. it's apples and oranges, but I think what he's basically saying is, "I can't complete all HM content in ESO, but these games that I have completed require more skill..."

If you think ESO takes as much skill as any of the games I’ve listed off, I’d hate to tell you this... But, you have a harsh awakening waiting for you once ESO closes its doors; or you ever choose to venture out.

Matter of a fact, let’s list ALL things that require you to be successful in end-game PvE in ESO:
    - Animation cancelling.
    - Potions.
    - Knowing the right people.
    - Copying and pasting the same regurgitated builds patch after patch, and following the “meta”.
    - Using macros.
    - How much lag you have (or don’t have).
    - If things don’t glitch out, or freeze.
    - Using C.E.
    - Having a DPS over 30k (unless a healer or tank).
    - Being able to exploit glitches or errors that enemy NPC’s may have (e.g. how many months was VHRC and VSO cheese???).

That’s about it. I’m not saying that all of those things are required to go far in end-game PvE, but again. Let’s be realistic. One or more of those things I listed off determine just how successful you’ll be in ESO.

Now you want to compare that to these other games I listed...? FF, Tera, WoW, Devil May Cry, Mega Man, Dark Souls, Nioh, Tekken, Overwatch, Smash Bros., Gran Turismo, etc.? Really...?

Fun Fact: When Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy was released, there was a series of articles by: IGN, Kotaku, Giant Bomb, etc. about how the game may be considered too difficult for the new generation of players. And it’s a single-player platformer. When Nioh was released? It was deemed the love child between Ninja Gaiden and SoulsBourne, that has been pumping steroids it’s entire life. And both Gaiden and SoulsBourne and classified as some of the hardest franchises in gaming to date. And you are out here talking about how ESO is so skill defining? Word? Because you can gather 11 other people, and have connections to the 1% and or a ton of gold? Laughable.
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somewhere out there, a Zenimax dev is whispering "Get good".
    https://clips.twitch.tv/ObliviousCuriousGuanacoWow
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • XiDiabolismiX
    XiDiabolismiX
    ✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »

He's comparing action games considered to be difficult to an mmo.. it's apples and oranges, but I think what he's basically saying is, "I can't complete all HM content in ESO, but these games that I have completed require more skill..."

If you think ESO takes as much skill as any of the games I’ve listed off, I’d hate to tell you this... But, you have a harsh awakening waiting for you once ESO closes its doors; or you ever choose to venture out.

Matter of a fact, let’s list ALL things that require you to be successful in end-game PvE in ESO:
    - Animation cancelling.
    - Potions.
    - Copying and pasting the same regurgitated builds patch after patch, and following the “meta”.
    - Using macros.
    - Using C.E.
    - Being able to exploit glitches or errors that enemy NPC’s may have (e.g. how many months was VHRC and VSO cheese???).

That’s about it. I’m not saying that all of those things are required to go far in end-game PvE, but again. Let’s be realistic. One or more of those things I listed off determine just how successful you’ll be in ESO.

Now you want to compare that to these other games I listed...? FF, Tera, WoW, Devil May Cry, Mega Man, Dark Souls, Nioh, Tekken, Overwatch, Smash Bros., Gran Turismo, etc.? Really...?

Fun Fact: When Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy was released, there was a series of articles by: IGN, Kotaku, Giant Bomb, etc. about how the game may be considered too difficult for the new generation of players. And it’s a single-player platformer. When Nioh was released? It was deemed the love child between Ninja Gaiden and SoulsBourne, that has been pumping steroids it’s entire life. And both Gaiden and SoulsBourne and classified as some of the hardest franchises in gaming to date. And you are out here talking about how ESO is so skill defining? Word? Because you can gather 11 other people, and have connections to the 1% and or a ton of gold? Laughable.

If you think those reasons justify ones ability to do well in this game, then there’s your problem....
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azyle1 wrote: »

It’s that simple.

And quite frankly it isn't hard (at least on Xbox) to get into a progression guild. I want me pretty blue and black skin as much as anyone, but I'm in a progression guild, working towards it. People are kind, people are fun, it isn't hard.

Like, you don't have to be this super nerd raider to get a lot of these skins... you just gotta be willing to learn, put forth effort and not give up after one try.

What you just posted proved my point. Although it was done indirectly. So it’s April of 2018, and you’re in a progression group to get a VMoL clear. Now mind you, that’s not bad. Not bad at all. In fact, I still do attend progression groups to help others get their skin (just was at 1 on Sunday). VMoL has been out since the TG DLC launched. That was how long ago? See what I’m saying? Unless if you only recently started playing, and or getting into end-game trials and all that jazz — what’s your reason for not having the complete (outside of maybe IRL reasons or you not playing ESO that much)? I can answer that question for you. Because it took a while to get a group of people, that you can tolerate and can go with you to assist in obtaining the skin the correct way. ‘Nuff said.

You aren’t buying the skin. You aren’t asking for a carry. You’re EARNING it. Which is what people are supposed to do. However! Many people either don’t want to earn it, or a lot of the time don’t have that luxury. So what do they do? They: Buy a carry, ask for a carry, or not bother with it at all. Simple. And it’s wrong.

It goes back to what I said about my 5 DD friends. All 5 are completely competent and absolutely amazing players. Absurdly good players. But, because they refuse to tolerate the: Elitism, ego flexing, toxicity, and bs that happens often times than not in the end-game scene anymore? They go without, and are now currently in transition of leaving ESO. And that hurts me. That makes me incredibly sad to see yet another group of wasted talent. All except this time? It hits extremely close to him, as these are individuals who I’m really good friends with on a personal level. You understand where I’m coming from? These are people who I have had incredible highs and horrible lows with, but still muscles through. And they are finally having enough.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on April 17, 2018 3:38AM
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s that simple.

What you just posted proved my point. Although it was done indirectly. So it’s April of 2018, and you’re in a progression group to get a VMoL clear. Now mind you, that’s not bad. Not bad at all. In fact, I still do attend progression groups to help others get their skin (just was at 1 on Sunday). VMoL has been out since the TG DLC launched. That was how long ago? See what I’m saying? Unless if you only recently started playing, and or getting into end-game trials and all that jazz — what’s your reason for not having the complete (outside of maybe IRL reasons or you not playing ESO that much)? I can answer that question for you. Because I took a while to get a group of people, that you can tolerate and can go with you to assist in obtaining the skin the correct way. ‘Nuff said.

You aren’t buying the skin. You aren’t asking for a carry. You’re EARNING it. Which is what people are supposed to do. However! Many people either don’t want to earn it, or a lot of the time don’t have that luxury. So what do they do? They: Buy a carry, ask for a carry, or not bother with it at all. Simple. And it’s wrong.

It goes back to what I said about my 5 DD friends. All 5 are completely competent and absolutely amazing players. Absurdly good players. But, because they refuse to tolerate the: Elitism, ego flexing, toxicity, and bs that happens often times than not in the end-game scene anymore? They go without, and are now currently in transition of leaving ESO. And that hurts me. That makes me incredibly sad to see yet another group of wasted talent. All except this time? It hits extremely close to him, as these are individuals who I’m really good friends with on a personal level. You understand where I’m coming from? These are people who I have had incredible highs and horrible lows with, but still muscles through. And they are finally having enough.

I'm fairly new to the end game and im a pretty slow leveler (I got them Deeeeps down though)..

Bottom line.. there has to be hard content and a reward for it.

I would debate more but I'm on my phone typing and it's bedtime. I'll see the excitement from this post in the morning.
    Edited by Azyle1 on April 17, 2018 3:44AM
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s that simple.

What you just posted proved my point. Although it was done indirectly. So it’s April of 2018, and you’re in a progression group to get a VMoL clear. Now mind you, that’s not bad. Not bad at all. In fact, I still do attend progression groups to help others get their skin (just was at 1 on Sunday). VMoL has been out since the TG DLC launched. That was how long ago? See what I’m saying? Unless if you only recently started playing, and or getting into end-game trials and all that jazz — what’s your reason for not having the complete (outside of maybe IRL reasons or you not playing ESO that much)? I can answer that question for you. Because I took a while to get a group of people, that you can tolerate and can go with you to assist in obtaining the skin the correct way. ‘Nuff said.

I'm fairly new to the end game and im a pretty slow leveler (I got them Deeeeps down though)..

Bottom line.. there has to be hard content and a reward for it.

Which again, I’m okay with. But, to ask for a HM clear (which ultimately is a cluster “you-know-what” lol) for a skin or “perfected” weapons? That’s a ridiculous trend that ZOS has set into motion. Absolutely ridiculous.

Put it like this. In order to get a weapon from VMA, you have to have beaten it flawlessly. As a “no death run” is essentially VMA’s hard mode. Do you see now where the issue is drawn? Or as another gentleman said, let’s make it so that you can only get a Dromathra skin from beating VMoLHM. It’s stupid. Screw the fact that you endured standard VMoL. Now if you want that skin? You gotta beat the HM. Same will apply to VHoF. Now all of a sudden, wait a minute. How many “skinned” players will there be? How many people outside of the 1% will have: Maelstrom Weapons, Dromathra skins, or whatever the skin is called from VHoF? Suddenly reality hits home.
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This entire thread perfectly conveys the "Everyone gets a trophy" idea. We get it, you want things to be easy, but making things easy gives no incentive to play the game.
    Edited by StaticWave on April 17, 2018 3:49AM
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    This entire thread perfectly conveys the "Everyone gets a trophy" idea

No, not really. If that were the case, I’d fight this from he perspective of asking that skins as all that jazz and weapons be awarded for beating the content on normal. Which I’m not. I’m all for the content requiring a veteran mode difficulty completion. But the trend of asking for a hard mode clear is an absolutely horrible idea.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

- Animation cancelling.
    - Potions.
    - Using macros.
    - Using C.E.

Let me correct your ALL the things you need to be successful in end-game PvE in ESO:
    -Most people just bar swap animation cancel, it's not hard
    -Potions are used in any game mostly, and why is that even an issue
    -Sure, knowing the right people helps, but how do you think most end-game raiders ended up knowing the right people? They put themselves out there.
    -The "meta" will always be a thing. Something will always work better than something else. Get over it.
    -I know like no end-game PvErs that macro LOL. Like literally, none, and I raid with one of the best teams in the world. Take off the tinfoil hat.
    -One of THE best end-game PvErs is Swaggasm who plays with 300+ ping from Australia and still shreds everything. Sorry.
    -Yes, RNG farming and dealing with bugs is irritating, why do you thing end-game raid teams reset so much?
    -Who the hell is using C.E. in end-game raids? Come on now, tinfoil hat, again, take it off.
    -Yes, DPS needs to be high for pushing high scores. That's a thing, sorry, but if you want to be in a score-pushing group, you need high DPS.
    -Not every raid group looks for bugs to exploit. Again, conspiracy theories.
    Edited by DisgracefulMind on April 17, 2018 4:07AM
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <snip>
    - Using macros.
    - Using C.E.
    I removed most items from your list, but these stood out as very salty. Knowing the right people is obviously a requirement to complete content that requires a lot of training, teamwork and tight coordination. The rest are not close to being requirements.

The point is that you're comparing apples to oranges. Mega Man, for example, is an absurd reach. Those games all require different skills. Skill isn't a single attribute. It's not one dimensional. What we call skill varies in each game. It might represent hundreds or thousands of attributes.

In general, ESO PVE is way too easy, yes. A rl friend recently began playing and he noted that he was successful despite having no idea at all about what he was doing.

But vAS HM? I'm pretty sure it requires a lot of something many would call skill. I'll let those more familiar with HM Trials rate its difficulty. It may not be the kind of skill I prefer, but I think it's probably pretty challenging. But the fact it is not impressive to you is not an argument for giving its reward to players who can't complete it.
    Edited by zyk on April 17, 2018 4:16AM
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @zyk I’m going to leave this video here, and pretty much stop replying to this thread. I have a few heist farming runs coming up on GTA Online, and honestly? You’ll believe what you want to believe. Regardless, I think this video might help you a bit.

https://youtu.be/EitZRLt2G3w
  • Argruna
    Argruna
    ✭✭✭
    Gold is ridiculously easy to get in this game. I'm not even in a trading guild nor sold anything through chat, just vendored stuff. I went from 100,000 gold, bought two houses, dropped to 10,000 and 3 days later am already at 50,000. That's not even being online the entire time, not doing all dailies available and just dinking around doing the dark brotherhood repeatable so I can get that damn quest line DONE.

Gold runs will always exist. WoW has them for mounts and achievements. Hell, I have a friend that wastes real money buying the tokens, selling them on the auction and then using that gold to pay for the mount runs. He even has a WoW budget of $150 set aside to do this so he can buy runs to get some raid guild to carry him.

Oh and guilds are extremely picky on who they carry too. Always loved those with a ton of gold thinking we'd take their freshly leveled 90 through the Siege of Orgrimmar because they want that heirloom weapon before the new expac drops and then be aghast, AGHAST, that we wanted them in at least a few pieces of epic gear, to know a little about the fights, have voice chat and to actually contribute more than just auto-attacking while they munched on a subway sandwich. That being said, the friend above always made sure he had epic gear and knew his rotation so he was always a white-listed carry (yes carry guilds have black-lists and tend to stay away from poor carries).

So let the 1% that can do this trial on HM have their day in the sun if they wanna carry someone to a skin and be paid for it. It's actually a nice gesture and exchange if you think about. They are investing time, patience and energy into helping those that can't accomplish something on their own because either their guild has no interest or they are unable themselves to invest because of time constraints or other IRL things so they can enjoy getting a skin too. You could have them instead of doing this putting on the skin, doing this motion:
    giphy.gif
    and telling you to 'git gud.' Then flitting away on a Striped Senche-Tiger.
  • DeadlyPhoenix
    DeadlyPhoenix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all honesty I think my skill level is more than efficient to complete any content in the game. However the fact that I am not a social butterfly and primarily keep to myself, prevents me from ever completing the hardest content in the game.

I am not in a raid guild nor do I ever intend on joining one again. The last one I was in was toxic. Elitist scrubs who thought they were God's gift to man that take no blame for themselves.

Instead I am forced to run trials with pugs and most cant handle vet trials let alone the hard modes. Content shouldn't be so mind numbingly hard that a random group with perseverance, dedication, time and a bit of knowledge of the mechanics cannot complete vet trials at all.

No pug I've ever been in can complete a vet trial. So therefore I have never completed one either. Most games allow you to random queue for raids that are often able to be completed by any group of max level people as long as they have a decent understanding of the dungeon and game.

You don't have to have that perfect synergy group that all play off each other and know exactly what the other one is doing at all times.

Yeah content needs to be hard, implement a third version of trials for your "elite" 1% and allow them to get higher scores on leaderboard so they can brag about how good and l33t they are.

So yes, make the game more casual and you will keep players as well as entice new ones to join. Leave the extremely hard content for bragging rights only and leaderboards.

Locking so many skins and titles behind content that requires a perfect group that runs together daily and has to progress through these trials just to complete it is absolutely dumb in my opinion.

It deters me from even running them at all, I'm sure it does others as well.
  • Vanya
    Vanya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scanning...

Thread words; "Damn it" "Crap" Why "tf" Mediocre rage. Unwise choice of the words. Imminent Thread Lock. 75% Chance.

Analysis:

Instantaneous failure. Your thread ultimately should not exist, but it does exist indeed.
    You aren't the one who shall tell what must and what must not exist in the game, in particular with such an attitude. Inability to resist.

I find your "unhealthy" word amusing. You told them? Do you honestly believe ZoS will take you seriously after fashioning the thread such is this one? No. They will not.

Analysis II: Why this HM bs? Why!? "BS" from your observing point. The type of your thread can only bring chaos and end with chaos. It is not which has" now reached the bottom of the top"

There is no why. HM it is. Accept or leave. Pointless to defend the thread. You have shattered any attempt. The type of the threads which consist of whining,bashing,complaining,greed,selfishness,inappropriate words and idiotic responses are the true plague. People will never learn, It is sad and bitter truth.

Human, you do care. Your statement ~ "I don’t care what you have to say" if incredibly common and short minded reply. Reminded me on: "Its just a game". "I play this game for fun"

Whoever replies in such a fashion I shall never take him/her seriously. Yo do care and you will read every single post within the thread. "Smfh" It is over. Yes Right you are. Your thread will be locked and it's your fault.

Once more, Do you not care? They care more than you can possibly visualise.

Human I've met your ancestors long time ago, they were throwing rocks at wildlife.

Conclusion:

Eternal. The cycle continues. "The game has been dying since the day One"? Was it not. Admit it , you are frustrated and you disagree,but you'll do everything in your "power" to see it undone even if lead to the thread lock. Inevitable.

Edited by Vanya on April 17, 2018 5:12AM
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    I wouldn't know as I don't do trials, but are you saying that the hardest content rewards the best gear? Is that the complaint?

@Tandor

It isn't gear. Maybe read the post before you post.

It's a skin. It's the same as the VMOL skin, and it's tacky.

ZOS has been giving these to people who do special conditions for the DLC dungeons and trials, but it ends up giving them a sense of entitlement rather than being a reward that's sought after, not to mention the fraction of people who get it is so small as to be negledgable.

We just dont see why they keep puting this much effort into something 1% of players will ever see.
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Making cosmetic rewards only available to the top players for prestige is fine. What I have a problem with is them hiding the top gear behind trial hard modes. Most people need the gear to complete those hard modes in the first place. Making perfected gear drop in regular vet would actually make sense from the progression standpoint.
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    You once again locked a trial skin behind a hard mode clear. Why? Why tf do you keep doing this? As is only a tiny fraction of your player base can beat VAS HM+2, which results in people selling skin runs. Something which ultimately should not exist in a game to begin with. And even after we told you about how we found this practice unhealthy to the game, you go and do it again!?

Do you NOT have the data which shows how many can legitimately beat VAS+2 across all platforms? Why not give the skin to people who can beat it on veteran, like VMoL? Why this HM bs? Why!?

And before all of the Top 1% come scrambling in to defend this crap, no. I don’t care what you have to say. More than the 1% of the PvE player base wants to be rewarded handsomely for dreading through these meat shield bosses, with cheesy mechanics and obnoxiously high HP. Smfh. Not everyone wants to pay someone for a skin clear (I’ve yet to pay for a carry, and never will). How as a developer do you even sit back comfortably with that? Do you not even see just how much the trial side of PvE is dying? And across all platforms? Or again, do you just not care?

inb4 this thread gets locked for some vague reason, and I get yet another message and or email how I broke some obscure rule that was up to mods discretion. :|

I like it. Its a git gud or don't situation and keeps the skin unique and out of the hands of most pugs and casual players or people who aren't invested in trials. Now if only they'd make it impossible to carry people....

It’s a git gud or don’t situation, that you need to climb a political system and make the “right connections” to get a skin? Because let’s keep it real, the vast majority can’t complete the content. Even top players. It’s literally the same 1% of the player base patch after patch that goes about obtaining these completes, and that’s it. Dromathra Destroyers, VHOF completionists, Flawless Conquerors, etc. can’t complete it, etc. And because the 1% can, and then go around offering skin runs and charging everyone else makes this a “git gud” situation? Do you know how ignorant and silly you sound right now?

Tell you what. Tell the 1% or any and every 1 of the people parroting that “git gud” nonsense to come play Nioh or Dark Souls 3. Tell them to play Bloodbourne, and Ninja Gaiden. Tell them to come join me in playing classic Mega Man games, and obtaining ALL gems and relics in Crash Brandicoot games.

You want to talk about skill? Really? In a game like ESO, where success ENTIRELY based upon: How well you can animation cancel (if you can even in the 1st place), who you know, and or how much gold you have? Are you serious? Come walk with me into the world of the fighting game community, and step up to the plate in some Tekken or Smash Bros. I’m not even asking you dive face first into Melee either. You’re free to enter into Wii U., and go competitive. Even better. Want to keep it in the realm of MMO’s? Play Tera or WoW, and get involved in the end-game scene. And oh have the audacity to hint at skill in ESO? Absolutely incredible. :D

I play all the souls games starting with demon souls, haha. No death and no bonfire runs on dks2.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it’s crazy how much time they spend delevoping these raids only a couple hundred people can ever complete.

I would love a groupfinder and a new trial like the original 3.
  • Ozstryker
    Ozstryker
    ✭✭✭✭
    rynth wrote: »
    kikkehs wrote: »
    to keep it special ?

This is why ZOS is losing people to: WoW, Tera, Overwatch, Fortnite, and other games as of lately. MMO or not. And will continue to do so. It’s not even a matter of “omg the sky is falling”. It’s a matter of people getting fed up with the nonsense occurring time after time.

There is no way that you can look at the current state of PvE, and assume that things are healthy. Leaderboards not being filled like they used to. Skin runs no longer being frowned upon, and becoming an acceptable means of acquiring completes. Trial guilds falling apart and disbanding. Elitism at an all time high. And so on.

But again, to keep things special. Yeah...?

they are losing people? and if they are it's because of this? Can you show me your facts and numbers and where you got the information from that they are losing people and if so it is because of this

There aren't any facts to support this.... So let's say they make the skin available for a vet clear..... then, the hard mode guys legitimately complain that ZOS cheapened their hard work.... so they add a new reward for a HM clear... and on and on...
    Edited by Ozstryker on April 17, 2018 6:13AM
  • Nidro
    Nidro
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, if you wanna get something, go work for it lol.

And not getting the access to a good group is just a wrong statement.

Either you help building a good Trial Group with beginners and bring your own weight in,
    OR you practice practice and practice your dps again....
    good Groups will definately take you if you wont be a floormagnet and bring your dps ;-)

Sounds like OP wants a carry without paying lol.
    - Champion Rank 1080 -

Argonian Warden Tank - Never-Fights-Alone
    Highelf Sorcereress - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Highelf Templar - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Imperial Dragonknight - Tank - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Khajiit Nightblade - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Redguard Templar - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Darkelf Nightblade - Magicka DD - Voice of Reason
    Imperial Sorcerer - Stamina DD - The Flawless Conquerer
    Redguard Dragonknight - Stamina DD
    Argonian Templar - Healer - Heals-all-Allies -
  • quake89
    quake89
    ✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    This entire thread perfectly conveys the "Everyone gets a trophy" idea

No, not really. If that were the case, I’d fight this from he perspective of asking that skins as all that jazz and weapons be awarded for beating the content on normal. Which I’m not. I’m all for the content requiring a veteran mode difficulty completion. But the trend of asking for a hard mode clear is an absolutely horrible idea.

The problem is that if you wanted it behind a veteran clear then honestly Vet VAS needs to increase in difficulty because its not hard and so it would become a participation trophy, It's locked behind the HM's so that progression groups can work on improving and the get the ultimate satisfaction when getting a clear.

PC -EU
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As nice as it would be to have more than the one skin I've had for years (soulshriven), unless you wear certain costumes/armours you can't see them anyway, certainly don't notice if someone has one on as you both sprint past each other on mounts or something.....so are they for rp? Skins really aren't worth getting annoyed about.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am fine with a lol skin being gated behind hard mode.

What I don't like, is the "mini trial" design. Call me outdated, but I prefer vMOL over newer trials any day.

Of course developing vMOL required true effort and design, whereas newer trials skip so much work to create them and just slam all bosses together to re-cycle their assets, portions of AI and effects.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ummm there should be a special reward for completing the hardest content in the game.

Just an achievement does not cut it, sorry. If you want the skin, get a group together and practice it and win it. Simples.

If the content is ridiculous to play and will take months and months to master then I get it. But people who have the patience should get something for it. It does drive people to get good.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you want clearing HM to reward what, exactly? Plunder? Gtfo. The 99% has the other 99% of the game. Go make furniture or play with the outfit system.

XBox NA
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why ZOS is losing people to: WoW, Tera, Overwatch, Fortnite, and other games as of lately. MMO or not. And will continue to do so. It’s not even a matter of “omg the sky is falling”. It’s a matter of people getting fed up with the nonsense occurring time after time.

There is no way that you can look at the current state of PvE, and assume that things are healthy. Leaderboards not being filled like they used to. Skin runs no longer being frowned upon, and becoming an acceptable means of acquiring completes. Trial guilds falling apart and disbanding. Elitism at an all time high. And so on.

But again, to keep things special. Yeah...?

someone complains how the game keeps losing people to other games because of something they are whining about, but isnt one of those mystical people. Just how much can you believe this line?
  • RazorCaltrops
    RazorCaltrops
    ✭✭✭
    Good. Now it’s time to make the 5 piece perfected version sets viable in next PTS patch so people have another reason to get good and push for HM. End game community population dropped to less than %1, and instead of suggesting ZOS to incentivize trials so more people will do end game content, some people still insist on carebear modes giving away the best rewards
    Edited by RazorCaltrops on April 17, 2018 7:39AM
    PS4 EU
This discussion has been closed.