Maintenance for the week of December 17:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – December 17
• PC/Mac: NA and EU for maintenance - December 19, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance - December 19, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance - December 19, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)

Damn It, ZOS! Again With This HM Crap!?

Ch4mpTW
Ch4mpTW
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
You once again locked a trial skin behind a hard mode clear. Why? Why tf do you keep doing this? As is only a tiny fraction of your player base can beat VAS HM+2, which results in people selling skin runs. Something which ultimately should not exist in a game to begin with. And even after we told you about how we found this practice unhealthy to the game, you go and do it again!?

Do you NOT have the data which shows how many can legitimately beat VAS+2 across all platforms? Why not give the skin to people who can beat it on veteran, like VMoL? Why this HM bs? Why!?

And before all of the Top 1% come scrambling in to defend this crap, no. I don’t care what you have to say. More than the 1% of the PvE player base wants to be rewarded handsomely for dreading through these meat shield bosses, with cheesy mechanics and obnoxiously high HP. Smfh. Not everyone wants to pay someone for a skin clear (I’ve yet to pay for a carry, and never will). How as a developer do you even sit back comfortably with that? Do you not even see just how much the trial side of PvE is dying? And across all platforms? Or again, do you just not care?

inb4 this thread gets locked for some vague reason, and I get yet another message and or email how I broke some obscure rule that was up to mods discretion. :|
On the count of 3, everybody say, “Salami!” 1, 2, 3...
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Relax take chill pill if necessary. :D
    As long as its just a skin, its not that bad IMO.

I do see your point but what else should a reward be because it does deserve a good reward imo.
    Ps: i will probably never get the skin but thats ok.

Edit: only half of my message posted somehow :/
    Edited by pattyLtd on April 16, 2018 11:44PM
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    waitwhat wrote: »
    Umm, so it may interest you to know that the vMoL skin isn't locked behind a hardmode, and I still care about getting it very much, as do hundreds of others who pull their numbers, but don't have the right political connections.

That's a good example, actually. When vMoL was actually super hard -- effectively hard mode -- before the incredible power creep that followed Thieves Guild, that skin had a lot of value. It was interesting because it was distinctive and exclusive. When a player had it, it usually meant something. Players who wore it, generally, could feel proud of their accomplishments.

Now they're a dime a dozen. Yawn.

I don't mind that an old skin is easy to get because of power creep, but don't make the new ones so trivial to get. If you want the highly visible reward given to the best players, become one of the best players.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster . . . when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you"
    pvp videos: eso zyk on youtube
    enjin profile
    i'm locked inside here · i have to stay · with people who aren't here · all the way
    lives · lived · will live - dies · died · will die
  • Visermmy
    Visermmy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All depends,

Is the new trial mechs or dps race again? Cause I like hard content but only with playing with friends. Setting the bar on dps races ruind this.

Did I miss something or are new sets boring? What are the incentives for doing hard content? Let's look at trial sets though? Are they worth the effort? I think I am fine with people having skins for hm competles but there has be balance. Trial sets should at least be marginally useful and powerful.

Is master resto greater then monster helms sentiental that gives 4k stamina to all allies in it's radius?

How many useful trial sets exist?
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    waitwhat wrote: »
    I get it, you have the skin, so you don't care, and you don't think it's hard. Leave your bubble and help out a few progressions. You'll see how wrong you are.
    Actually, I don't. I stopped raiding in ESO years ago because it's been marginalized by players constantly demanding to make the game easier.

Furthermore, I don't care about vanity. That ESO has become The Elder Sims Online is a bad thing to me. Rawl feels more like a cosplay convention than a town in an RPG these days.

Regardless, I think the players who take the time to master the game should have amazing rewards and more/better content. But instead, all raid content is now ezmode by default with an unimaginative hard mode. ESO raiders deserve better.
    Edited by zyk on April 17, 2018 12:12AM
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster . . . when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you"
    pvp videos: eso zyk on youtube
    enjin profile
    i'm locked inside here · i have to stay · with people who aren't here · all the way
    lives · lived · will live - dies · died · will die
  • beetleklee
    beetleklee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what to think. Vet AS + 0 is pretty easy, though the last boss is a bit messy and long but not too difficult. I'd say on par with the Craglorns. Definitely not nearly as hard as vMoL or vHoF (the latter which I'm still working on my first clear of) which award skins for just veteran. I don't think +0 is skin worthy.

From what I've seen of +2, it's a huge mess. Haven't even attempted it (I main melee DPS and working on getting better at magblade so I'm worthy of being taken to a +2 lol.) It feels hard for the sake of being hard, with AOEs up the wazoo. It's not challenging as in you gotta work as a team to do the mechanics correctly, like with the Twins in vMoL. Maybe if +2 were a better designed trial that was challenging BUT still completable with a good group, I would feel differently. So I can't really form an opinion with vAS. Maybe +1 would be ok for a skin?

As for Cloudrest, I heard it's a lot better designed than AS so we'll see, I'll try it out this week on the PTS.

PC NA
    CP 690

EP Dunmer MagDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer MagSorc Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Argonian DK Tank Level 50, Boethiah's Scythe
    EP Breton Templar Healer Level 50
    EP Khajiit StamDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer Magblade Level 50, Assistant Alienist
    EP Argonian Stamden Level 50, Lady of Misrule (pvp)
    EP Dunmer Stamblade Level 50
    DC Redguard Stamplar
    AD Altmer Magwarden Healer

vMA, vDSA, vSO HM, vHRC HM, vAA, vAS+1, vMoL
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    You once again locked a trial skin behind a hard mode clear. Why? Why tf do you keep doing this? As is only a tiny fraction of your player base can beat VAS HM+2, which results in people selling skin runs. Something which ultimately should not exist in a game to begin with. And even after we told you about how we found this practice unhealthy to the game, you go and do it again!?

Do you NOT have the data which shows how many can legitimately beat VAS+2 across all platforms? Why not give the skin to people who can beat it on veteran, like VMoL? Why this HM bs? Why!?

And before all of the Top 1% come scrambling in to defend this crap, no. I don’t care what you have to say. More than the 1% of the PvE player base wants to be rewarded handsomely for dreading through these meat shield bosses, with cheesy mechanics and obnoxiously high HP. Smfh. Not everyone wants to pay someone for a skin clear (I’ve yet to pay for a carry, and never will). How as a developer do you even sit back comfortably with that? Do you not even see just how much the trial side of PvE is dying? And across all platforms? Or again, do you just not care?

inb4 this thread gets locked for some vague reason, and I get yet another message and or email how I broke some obscure rule that was up to mods discretion. :|

I like it. Its a git gud or don't situation and keeps the skin unique and out of the hands of most pugs and casual players or people who aren't invested in trials. Now if only they'd make it impossible to carry people....
    Orc forever and always
This discussion has been closed.