The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.3 is available.

PTS Update 18 - Feedback Thread for Summerset

• RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Daily login rewards.

Yesterday I logged in but didn't claim the reward that was due. This morning when I logged in I did claim the reward. At that point the reward dialogue said next reward was not available for 13h, at midnight UTC. But, I then logged in to another character and immediately received a notification that the next login reward was available to be claimed. I claimed that reward.

Is this expected behaviour?
    PC EU
    Options
  • Mysanne
    Mysanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm very disappointed with the reward for the quest "summerset's relics" (you have to find 20 chest...)

We already have this reward with the thieves guild. I think it would be better if the reward for the relics of Summerset is new. The lute, for exemple. It could be awesome !!!

[img][/img]180428051054447174.png

180428051057779263.png
    Options
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't see a thread specifically for housing/furniture feedback but I have some!

I love the idea of Skill Line leveling for a guild unlocking furniture plans for us to purchase. However, I feel like we have too many Psijic tables that aren't different enough. For the legendary one a table is rather blah. Perhaps a craftable Psijic Fountain or the Wisteria plants in the control holder things. At most I think two tables would be fine: the small and either 6-fold or scalloped (they are about the same size). It might be wishing too much but the Portal tiles used to teleport to and from Ceporah tile are really nice too!
    The floating bed is pretty fun too. Okay, the psijics have a LOT of fun furniture! Be nice to not have 4 tables and get a little more variety!

Would also love a small or medium house in Summerset purchasable with gold. Morrowind had a large and medium home to buy...

The Alinor Townhouse is beautiful though. (could use the window fix mentioned by many others:p)

Some of the coral pieces are strangely low resolution - perhaps those could be sharpened up some:)

Options
  • Romestamo
    Romestamo
    ✭✭
    Romestamo wrote: »
    [*] Did you play through the new tutorial? If so, what did you think overall?
    Yes, and overall, it was reasonably good. I agree with those upthread who note that there should be other weapons than a sword available, and that the level 2 reward timing was off because it interrupted our guide's speech.

[*] Was it clear how to get to Summerset?
    Yes, as I started a new character.

[*] Were you able to find things to do consistently?
    Yes, plenty to do.

[*] Was there any point where it was unclear what you should do next, or where you should be going?
    Not for the time I was playing.

[*] Did you find an Abyssal Geyser? If so, what did you think about the experience?
    Yes, but as cowardly low-level scum I stayed well away. Looked good from a distance though.

[*] Do you have any other general feedback?
    Yes - the island and buildings are beautiful, tell the art department they done good.

Update 28 April. Having played a bit more with a higher level character, I was able to do three abyssal geysers today. I found them more challenging than dark anchors, possibly because there were fewer people around to help, but though I got killed several times by a floating termagant called someone or other the alluring, it was fun.

On crafting, still too few seams, and the ones I found were platinum so I wasn't able to use the material (on the 26th it was 5 smithing nodes to 0 seams and today 8 to 2). Deconstructing captured jewelry has got me to level 5 but I don't have much pewter to use.

On the housing - Alinor Townhouse is a thing of beauty. Suggestion though - the study and dining room on the ground floor have exterior windows but no interior ones, and they could really use those because without them they're a bit like basement rooms.

Another housing suggestion - the more rustic looking houses in the country (and the greenhouses!) are also beautiful. A small or medium one of those overlooking the sea and with a vineyard and greenhouse would be pretty sweet.
    Options
  • Aralan_B
    Aralan_B
    ✭✭
    Didn't see a thread for character creation so I'm leaving this here.

The preview for "novice gear" is the same as "no gear".
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Morrowind, existing characters received a letter from Canon Llevule which started the quest. However, there doesn't appear to be a similar way to start the Summerset quest. Whether it's just a copy of Ayrenn's decree or something more, there should be something which directs existing characters to Summerset.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need a house in Artaeum and it NEEDS a view of the sky there. That's some very pretty sky.
    I would like a medium sized home there with at least 50% of it being open air to see that sky, maybe a balcony on a roof. It would be just enough to have everything useful and have the best (seemingly permanent) sunsets ever.
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice new cinematic! Definitely sets the scene for new characters well.

Now if we can play that opening cinematic for every existing character when they first travel to Summerset, that would be a great way to introduce them to the Summerset storyline and throw them into the "Mind Trap" quest. (As would the opening cinematic for Morrowind be for existing characters travelling to Vvardenfell - a great way to get thrown into the "Broken Bonds" quest.)

I've just tested on my copied existing character from EU, and there is definitely no prompt like there was for Morrowind to travel to the new zone. Existing characters need a reason to travel to Summerset, and the way Morrowind did it with a letter was pretty good. Also, existing characters are ported to Alinor if they use the Navigator, with no visible prompt on arrival regarding how to start the main quest. When you do the same in Morrowind, on travelling to Vvardenfell, the main quest giver is right by the docks.

What could work here is putting a direct copy of the Abyssal Pool scene with Raz right by the Alinor Docks, or even just Calibar with his "The island's sprung a leak!" line. One way or another, you need to be able to start the main quest when you arrive at Alinor Docks if that is the route you have used to reach Summerset.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately it seems the blurry screen edges in the Tutorial are still here. Also Oriandra still wanders off while you're doing your level up induction and you still miss her dialogue.
    Options
  • Darauk
    Darauk
    ✭✭
    Daily login rewards.

Yesterday I logged in but didn't claim the reward that was due. This morning when I logged in I did claim the reward. At that point the reward dialogue said next reward was not available for 13h, at midnight UTC. But, I then logged in to another character and immediately received a notification that the next login reward was available to be claimed. I claimed that reward.

Is this expected behaviour?

I saw the same behavior. It's counterintuitive and I would have to presume it isn't behavior as intended...
    - Darauk
    Options
  • Darauk
    Darauk
    ✭✭
    I played a lot over the past few days. Most of my feedback is the same -- beautiful setting, alluring creatures, gryphon fights are compelling for random mini-bosses, even the teleporting deer-like creature. All wonderful. Audio, visuals, setting, lines. Very nicely done.

This feedback is on abyssal geysers. When I first played them the normal geysers were a welcomed tough challenge, though the named boss fights geysers were a truly shocking spike in difficulty. I am very pleased to see the balance much improved.

I did 4 geysers across a couple of play sessions. I ran into 3 "normal" geysers that were about the same tough challenge but doable solo as before. I ran into one with a named boss. It was a tough battle for 4-5 of us, but it wasn't off the rails tough.

The first time I ran into a named boss, there were 15-20 of us, and the entire lot of us were wiped by this AOE that had no telegraphing, no way to avoid, and we were wiped multiple times before most of us gave up.

The balance is better now. The AOE were telegraphed and I was able to plan for or react to the mechanics. Mistakes (I ran out of STAM to dodge) were entirely on me. It felt fair, unlike my original experience where it seemed as though the named boss was an unstoppable killing machine and playing my absolute best didn't matter. I was doomed regardless.

Thank you for the tweaks! They are a fun, unpredictable challenge and refreshing compared to the dark anchors.
    - Darauk
    Options
  • Aralan_B
    Aralan_B
    ✭✭
    •Did you play through the new tutorial? If so, what did you think overall?
    The first time I played thru the Summerset tutorial I thought it was a little short and too easy. Plus, I only seemed to find heavy armor. After the PTS was reset and I remade the same character, I found the tutorial a little better as I encountered more enemies to practice fighting. (Even though I'm a long time player, I was playing it as a new player would.) I still found mostly heavy armor but did find some medium and light armor. I found a restorations staff, but never a destruction staff. Even while playing the game as a sorcerer, it was quite a long time before I received a destruction staff as loot.

This brings up another point: At the end of the tutorial, I'm told that the items I found were items I already had, along with those in the old chest. But if I'm a sorcerer (and not a battlemage) shouldn't I have mostly light armor and a destruction staff. In this tutorial and each of the previous tutorials, the first weapon the player gets is a 2H sword, but I doubt that most people could handle a heavy 2H sword. It seems that the first weapon a player finds should conform to that player's class, ex. a destruction staff for a sorcerer, along with corresponding armor.

•Was it clear how to get to Summerset?
    It was not clear to me. I had to create a new character to get there and go thru the tutorial. Of course when the PTS was reset, I did not have access to my other characters and had to create a new character.

•Were you able to find things to do consistently?
    Yes. Always ran into new quest givers. (But haven't finished Queen's decree yet. With real life events, there never is enough time to play! :-) )

•Was there any point where it was unclear what you should do next, or where you should be going?
    No. I just looked on the map. But it can sometimes be a little confusing what quest to do when if you pick up a quest before reaching the next step in your current quest. For example: "A tale of two Mothers" should probably be done before going into the Monastery in "A Queen's Decree".

•Did you find an Abyssal Geyser? If so, what did you think about the experience?
    Have not done that yet.

•Do you have any other general feedback?
    1. I really like the skill advisor. It's helpful to see advice on how to spend your skill points based on how you want to play your class. In the past I've gone to certain web sites (like Deltiasgaming) to check on builds. This may save time so I will use just the skill advisor as I continue to play the beta.
    2. I like the login awards. It's nice to automatically get a little reward just for login in, as some items can be very helpful to new players.
    Options
  • Didaska10s
    Didaska10s
    Soul Shriven
    I searched "Alinor Castle" for this and didn't find it, so here goes...

It seems weird to me that all of the containers in Castle Alinor are able to be plundered without stealing. I noticed it first in the Council Chamber then went and looted the entire castle as much as I could reach. I'm not complaining, it just seemed a little strange, that's all.

Cheers

~D
    Options