The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 18 - Feedback Thread for Summerset

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for Summerset, mainly focusing on the zone, quests, and other types of content found in Summerset. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Did you play through the new tutorial? If so, what did you think overall?
  • Was it clear how to get to Summerset?
  • Were you able to find things to do consistently?
  • Was there any point where it was unclear what you should do next, or where you should be going?
  • Did you find an Abyssal Geyser? If so, what did you think about the experience?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to note that to avoid breaching the NDA, and to keep this thread free from major spoilers, there is a separate official feedback thread for the Summerset Main Quest over here.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    z96c9s4u55v8.png
    wemi5s4wbdlq.png

Tested in both morrowind beta and summerset beta... Both summerset created characters and morrowind created characters can do their tutorial quest for an extra skillpoint and do then do the coldharbour tutorial for another skillpoint yet existing characters are shafted by not having that extra skillpoint from either the morrowind or the summerset tutorial. Existing characters SHOULD be able to do "The Mind Trap" summerset tutorial as not only does it flows perfectly to the Introduction of summerset main quests and introduction of the psijiic order, but we should also have access to its skillpoint. I paid just as much money as the people who started with summerset so I SHOULD be able to access the tutorial quest and its skillpoint.

Spoilers: In the tutorial for the summerset expansion we have mephala trap us in a "mind trap" which is a prison in our own mind. The psijiic Oriandra helps us escape it and as a result we learn about the psijiics involvement in summerset and just down the road is the start of the summerset main quest with razumdar. I tested on both an existing character and a summerset character and the existing character cannot access the tutorial and the skillpoint and the dialogue isn't any different for the existing and summerset character for meeting the psjiic in the next quest, "The queen's decree".

Please allow "The mind trap" tutorial to be done by existing characters. Have us take a ship to mainland summerset and then on our way there we are trapped in our mind and it seems mephala wants us to not meddle in her affairs. We the vestige, who stopped molag bal, stopped clavicus vile in morrowind, stopped nocturnal in cwc would have been noticed by mephala and so should be trapped in a mind trap in an attempt to stop our interference in summerset.
    Edited by Aliyavana on April 18, 2018 4:42AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reserved comment for tutorial testing and screenshots
    Edited by Aliyavana on April 16, 2018 7:56PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Someone please check if the summerset tutorial's will grant a skillpoint unobtainable by existing characters, also please check if existing characters can go through the tutorial to obtain said skillpoint. Lastly, if the tutorial isn't accessable to existing players, will you all either remove the tutorial's skillpoint or give existing characters access to the skillpoint through other methods?
    You know I'll be testing all of that ;)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • soulreaper1213
    soulreaper1213
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know where else to post this but I was previously in the Morrowind beta and now it says that I cannot travel to Summerset, even though it has the purchased status on PTS. Any help is appreciated!
  • Undyne
    Undyne
    Soul Shriven
    The new tutorial was the best ever. Step by step, clearer than ever before.

I found the description for the big boat/house misleading. A boat with "onboard compartments" resulted in me going back and forth belowdecks a few times, looking for cabinets or chests that opened. Then about the tenth time I passed one of the side cabins, I was like.... oh.
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I did the Summerset tutorial.

It was pretty and alien-like but the dream effects made me nauseous. The blur kept messing with my eyes. It'd be a lot better if you guys could somehow get rid of that blur effect.

It was easy to go through. I didn't get lost. But at no point did I feel my character was in danger.
    Edited by Tabbycat on April 16, 2018 10:42PM
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • VicRedguard
    VicRedguard
    ✭✭
    Colossal Admeri Grotto on the south side of the main boat, , they are 4 benches facing the wall in the furnished version. I do not know if it is intended, but if it is, sitting on them result in the characters becoming stuck. (Sad we cannot include PS, would be way easier).
  • VicRedguard
    VicRedguard
    ✭✭
    Sorry for last msg, should be in Bugs. will move it there.

On a separate notice, For the tutorial, I found the blue-purple-pink very agressive , made me lost lots of details in the decor.
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just did the new tutorial.

Of interest: It's very short. I had to deliberately go off the path a bit to beat things up and open containers or I'd have been through it faster than I could assimilate it. I think it included all the basics but at this point I know those so well I have trouble placing myself in a new player's pov; I don't know if it made it clear how to open up weapon and armor skill lines. Oh, and those containers? They had some good stuff in them! Green quality armor, nice furnishing recipes, some provisioning recipes, some weapons.

The scenery is stunning but as another mentioned, does make it very hard to spot items to pick up and search. A new player might not even realize they should go check out that dark blob in the corner, ie, that backpack with loot inside. The blur was a tad annoying but once I got my camera set to my preferred zoom out with wide fov it didn't bother me so much, I'm used to my world being blurry edged RL :)

For combat, I'm not sure if I was doing something wrong or was rooted, but fighting the mind ghosts with a greatsword I couldn't seem to run forward to close with them until I strafed or dodged to the side. Could be my new character is set to not be able to run through foes? Or else I had to do only what the tutorial popup was saying and do a heavy attack before it would let me freely fight again. It felt awkward, either way.

The emergence into Summerset puts you in a really pretty place, a nice contrast to the mind trap just dealt with.

Note to those asking, there is a skill point granted. I don't know if it's exclusive to new Summerset characters.

edit: One thing that was a little jarring: I hit level two partway through the tutorial, but when I stopped to claim rewards and allocate points, I could hear the guide running off in the distance going through her spiel as if I were on her heels. I hadn't toggled on NPC chat in the chat box yet so I had to rely on far off comments to explain what was going on, and the cliff top was less of a surprise. Maybe she should loosely tether to the player? As in, not run further ahead than X distance, and not go into her instruction to jump until the player is in sight of the cliff.
    Edited by Donari on April 17, 2018 12:39AM
  • VicRedguard
    VicRedguard
    ✭✭
    Still no area for housings, so I will post here...

The Townhouse returns to area with simply "Townhouse" and "Terrace" (like on doors), where other houses normally return "Gardener Courtyard" for example (rather than just Courtyard).
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Howdy, as there are still some minor problems for NA Players, ergo, i cant lvl up at the moment, have i not played proper the Tutorial and just created a Template. It is very pretty altought i must say the Zone looks tiny on the Map, you can find a lot of mats there and and it feels new. Also to wear 2 five piece sets and a 2 piece Monster set with the 2 set bonus on Weopons is awesome. Back to testing and when the Bug of not able to lvl up is gone, i will run a new toon throught it, promise :)
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    A minor loveliness: I found a bard in Shimmerene with an extensive repertoire. I stayed to listen and dance until her first repeat song, and that took around 20 minutes.

The delight was lessened the tiniest bit by hearing the exact same voice singing the exact same songs in Alinor, but it's still a huge step forward in music variety. Even if a lot of the songs seem to be Morrowind themed, lol. Kudos to the composers and performer(s).
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, First i was a bit disappointed when seeing the Map, did now the first Delve, i didnt follow the Story a lot, want this for later but checked if it was spoken clear out, had sound ect. I must say, in Size the Delve was similiar to Craglorn ones, really pretty and well done, new Enemy's, Men and Mer alike, new kinds of Abbilities, not much of a Challenge for my Template of course but still, new. I really enjoy the otherness. Lots of Mats to Farm in Summerset as well, The new Kind of Dolmens, the Geysirs are pretty Hardcore, finally a Challenge :) I test a bit more, even if it is 4.45 am at my end, lol. There are still some Major Bugs, as described by me and others like where to go to start the main quest but, its only the first day of this Cycle :) Onwards
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • saf227_ESO
    saf227_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am currently playing the tutorial. I just had my first fight. She runs ahead - and gives me instructions even thought I'm not there!! I was still back where I fought, equipping items, adding my attribute points, skill points, etc. I have no idea what she said. She should wait until I catch up before giving more instructions.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you play through the new tutorial? If so, what did you think overall?

Yes created a new character, and completed the tutorial.
    I was unsure how to find other types Weapons and Armour for several minutes. Having the default weapons (the ones by the quest giver) that are picked up by at the beginning being a great sword and a shield I thought was odd.
    maybe have a rack of weapons that you can pick a set of like sword and shield, or a single bow, or staff might be better.

Was it clear how to get to Summerset?

Yes, the area was not very big, and the path was clearly defined

Were you able to find things to do consistently?

Like I said before it took me a few minutes to find the weapon that i wanted to use (a restoration staff) and it was after i jumped the cliff.

Was there any point where it was unclear what you should do next, or where you should be going?

No, it was pretty clear as to what to do.

Did you find an Abyssal Geyser? If so, what did you think about the experience?

Yes I did and at level 5 I was able to finish it with a few others 750cp players.

Do you have any other general feedback?

I really liked the look of the zone.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it Was beautiful... BUT:

for $40 I am unimpressed with the Zone size. I was hoping for something...bigger?

So Im guessing $40 = Skill Line + jewelry crafting. But I havent been to the psjic order island yet. so I could be wrong

I thought that locking the player into only Bashing/ Light attacking and blocking during the combat scene wasn't very fluid. It felt like the game was forcing me to do those actions. If I was a new player i would go "WTF"
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • WardogAce
    WardogAce
    ✭✭✭
    Your goal in the dps department is a bad one. In your comments, you wanted to close the gap between stamina and magic in trials. In reality, this would remove any chance of stamina wanted in competitive trial runs. The reason stamina was allowed in trials was the fact that they COULD potentially pull more dps. Magicka would then be there to be survivable/ranged. I understand this leaves magDKs in a bad place, which I would suggest making your goal to have magDKs comparable with stamDPS, not your original goal of making stamina and magicka dps the same.
    Because of your changes, magicka dps pull WAY more damage than stamina--much more than stamina ever pulled. Someone was able to do a 50k parse on a dummy on a magblade WITHOUT BUFFS. The magsorrc can pull 47k whereas the stamina sorc falls behind by 5k with comparable conditions. Your changes have made magicka way too overpowered with your light attack buff and removal of stamina debuff sets.
    The buff is only a symptom of the problem, the true problem is your goal. In summary, you should change your goal to have magdk pull similar numbers to stamsorcs or other stam players. The clockwork city patch has actually been the most balanced when it comes to dps in trials--magdks were practically the only ones left out from the original roster. Do NOT try to boost magDPS over or similar to stamina; it will be Homestead all over again, with only magicka toons requested in trials.
    You walk the narrow path that cuts between glory and sacrifice--valor and patience. You measure your pursuit of honor with reason and foresight.
    Playing since October 2013
    • Armazd Krikor: Stamina Sorcerer- DC Redguard | PVE/PVP DPS
    • Artemis Mihr: Magicka Templar - EP Dunmer | PVP DPS
    • Arwen Lucine: Magicka Sorcerer - DC Dunmer | PVE DPS
    vMA | vDSA | vSO HM | vHRC HM | vAA HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS +1 | vCR +2

• thealmightyphattman
    thealmightyphattman
    Soul Shriven
    Imo I think there should be a quest associated with traveling to Summerset, even though we did on when we purchased I think it should be redone again when we get the update. I love the artwork and questline so far have not completed it yet. Good job zos I think this update will be the best as of yet I am extremely happy so far
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I played through the new tutorial.

Scenery was interesting, but I thought the tutorial itself was minimal to the point of being virtually non-existent. A very brief go at the very basic points of swinging a 2H, and that's it? I don't think that's enough for real new players.

The mobs in the big space offer no challenge. They aren't even in the way.

Boring. No story. No sense of drama.

PC EU
  • saf227_ESO
    saf227_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

I did. As I mentioned previously, there's a part where she runs ahead & just starts giving you instructions. Well, I didn't run ahead with her, so I didn't get to hear any of them. Making her wait until you're in proximity with her would help.
    Well - I did the new tutorial and it put me there. So .... yep!
    Yep!
    Was there any point where it was unclear what you should do next, or where you should be going?
    Nope, it was pretty clear. Wish I could turn on my mini-map add-on, though. Had to keep stopping to look at the main map.
    Haven't found one yet.
    YES! And the main reason I'm posting this. I don't want to run afoul of the NDA, so I'll just be very general. When you get to the island of the Psijic Order, the 1st interior space you go to, following the quest line, is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! The lighting! The architecture! All the little doo-dads throughout the room! I wondered around the space for a good 5 minutes. Whoever did the artwork for it - give them a raise! :)
  • Caff32
    Caff32
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the zone is beautiful. There is a ton to do.

But it reminds me of Hue's Bane and Vvardenfell combined. There are huge areas of inaccessible space in the form of mountains like Vvardenfell and it's shaped like Hue's Bane with the hard to get to public dungeon on the southern coast. At least there is a wayshrine right next to it.

It's a bit disappointing in that regard but I absolutely love the Sunhold public dungeon itself. Very cool.
  • Lr0dy
    Lr0dy
    Soul Shriven
    One minor issue I've found with Summerset, particularly with the area around the beach/where you first come in after the tutorial, is that some of the textures don't appear to be loading any of their close-up mip-maps. My settings are maxed, and the oddly low-resolution textures were quite jarring.

As for the tutorial itself... Perhaps, to give a sense of urgency, you could have some big, terrifying bad chasing the player? Not something they can confront, but something that makes it exciting. Imagine *having* to jump off the cliff, because a loud, angry, giant mindcreature is coming after you...
  • pauli133
    pauli133
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the new tutorial - it's much more focused than the previous tutorials have been, which should make it a lot easier to follow for new players. I also like that it gets the player right into collecting gear (rather than provisioning ingredients) in a natural, unassuming manner.

However, on my way to the tutorial, I found something unexpected in Character Creation - the Novice Gear setting is now the same as No Gear! I don't think this is intended.
  • AgentOrangeR

Yes, very enjoyable and I generally don't like these things. Kept it short and sweet. But I didn't think it was clear on what I was supposed to do once I got the weapon/armour. Perhaps it's me. Having the circle still after I picked up the gear, made me think I'm still supposed to find more stuff. So I kept on looking but didn't find anything more, so by chance I put the gear on and I was done. Suggestion to rephrase the quest hint to specifically say, find the gear and put it on :)
    Very, all good there.
    Have only done the tutorial - but so far so good.
    Going, no - but as above, quest hint wasn't clear to me.
    Not yet
    Will reserve to answer that after I play some more, and that's one thing - I wanted to keep playing, just ran out of time, but it's very inviting to continue exploring. :)

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for Summerset, mainly focusing on the zone, quests, and other types of content found in Summerset. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • Did you play through the new tutorial? If so, what did you think overall?

It was short and interesting. The blur was a little disconcerting, which made the place rather creepy.

There is a point after picking up the sword where the objective is to meet up with the lady. She is off to the side, says some stuff, then heads to the other side of the area. I followed her, but we just stood there. This is where combat training will soon take place, but it was obvious that the quest did not advance. I had to go back to where she was standing, right on the marker, and then the quest advanced and I was able to do combat with the three guys. Perhaps widen the target area for the quest objective?

After fighting the three, I leveled up to level 2 and stopped to collect the points and take on a skill. She ran off ahead of me, talking all the time about what was going to happen next. Most of this dialog I would have missed if I was not paying attention, but because I knew what to do with the level up, I was able to listen while doing it. For a new player, I am thinking it might be awkward. Is there a way to suppress the level up until the edge of the cliff? This would be a natural break in the action.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • StopDropAndBear
    StopDropAndBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate the Court of Bedlam costume and how wonderful and flashy the effects are when you put it on, but it's aggressively loud and on a one second cooldown, and can very easily be used to annoy people....might need a timer on it, like a memento would have.
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, i liked it. Just, New Players will have Trouble finding anything me thinks, its all quite hidden in the Scenery, a bit more Explanations would be great. Also, as stated by many before, the Lady just walks off while Talking, i lvl up right at this point and, when i finished with the skillpoint she was gone already But overall, very well done

On a New Toon, just starting with the Tutorial, Yes, on a old toon, you arrive in Summerset, it still states, Go to Summerset, no Arrow, no nothing, so, 50/50

Yes, first i was a bit disappointed while looking at the Map but the Delves, Arteum and so are massive, didnt do a public Dungeon yet

See above

Holly Molly, a pleasant surprise, did one without a Named Boss, one with a Named Boss. The Named Boss has a One Shot Mechanic that needs some tweaking me things but overall, finally a challenge

The whole Chapter feels Unique, be it Questwise, new kinds of Enemys, Enemys with new Abbilities like teleporting, wanna give not too much away, new kinds of Dolmens, a new skilline, the prettiness. Im really in Love with it. A bit like CWC feels unique. Morrowind had Enemys encountered in Stonefalls and Deshaan for example, this just feels different. I actually feel happy while playing even if the High Elfs, as usual, need a Umbrella for there Nose, when it rains, so High and Mighty, lol. Really well written, really well done. I will continue testing but have to do some chores on the Live Server tonight :) A big Thank you to the whole Team, this will be a awesome Experience for many Players, if they like High Elfs or not. And Farming is a Dream, a bit like in Deshaan.

Edited by DirkRavenclaw on April 17, 2018 9:49PM

• RiverBrian
    RiverBrian
    ✭✭✭
    I had no idea there was a quest start it, but that isn't why I'm here. Not sure if it's a bug or something new, but I don't like how my quest keeps changing everytime I check out a new/different quest. Is there a way to change this setting? Also, I use a gamepad
    Edited by RiverBrian on April 17, 2018 10:32PM
  • asuitandtyb14_ESO
    asuitandtyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am absolutely dissapointed in the size of the island. It is no way reflective of the actual size it is supposed to be on the map; Even by the ESO map, in which it should be as big as Vvardenfell, or two Bosmer zones combined, and it most certainly is not.

This was an issue with Vvardenfell as well, in which a lot of the complaints were that it was too small. I'm not sure how well ZoS listened to this feedback. ZoS is showing a consistent pattern of releasing smaller, and smaller zones. They are supposed to be much larger in comparison to other zones.

This issue could certainly become an issue with other competitors, like LOTRO which just released a large expansion, and WoW which is also releasing a large landmass expansion.