The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Calling all healers, which Monster set will you be using after Summerset?

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightflame
    Tasear wrote: »
    same as i do now, bogdan on my Templar and sentinel on my warden.

Is night flame useful? It looks bad on paper.

you have asked me this before, it looks cool, fashion is end game, that is the biggest reason i use it. otherwise it adds like 10% more healing to the group over not having it.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Yinmaigao wrote: »
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    Earthgore remains BIS for a lot of stuff, PVP included.

In PvE is a massive single heal every 35 sec really useful??

Not just the heal... the free purge is great too. Better than an extra chunk of magicka/crit/spell dmg imo.

Hmm would it be considered a free purge? I always saw it as more free negate.
  • CyborgPlatypus
    CyborgPlatypus
    ✭✭✭
    5/5/1/1.

Probably a magicka boost or spell damage boost.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    EvilCroc wrote: »
    The one that fits the color scheme of character.
    My templar healer will use trollking
    my nb healer will use earthgore
    my sorc healer will use lord warden
    my warden healer... will not use chokethorn because it is green, not teal!
    really, i dunno what use on warden healer.

I like this. Reminds me on my own thoughts.

For me
    My nb likes troll King as it's heals over time
    Sorc likes earthgore for the negate..
    Chokethorn might instant burst heal
    The dk likes infernal guardian or night flame.
    The templar likes sentiental for more stamina for allies.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Aurielle wrote: »
    I'll be using Sentinel on my SPC/Sanctuary Argonian Warden. One major thing that Warden healers lack compared to Templar healers is an equivalent to shards. Sentinel won't be as reliable as shards, obviously, but I like the fact that it restores stamina to the ENTIRE group. When I'm grouped up with Templar healers on stam DPS characters, I never feel comfortable activating the synergy on shards, as it's an unwritten rule that that synergy belongs to the tank. Wardens excel with group-wide buffs, so Sentinel feels like the obvious choice here.

EDIT: Also, NO ONE in my guilds runs DSA, so I haven't been able to get a Master resto staff and doubt I ever will. If Sentinel procs reliably, then it's a decent alternative to not having access to Master resto.

...orbs...orbs...orbs. How are you still having this issue?
    Edited by Tasear on April 15, 2018 1:16PM
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My heals are solid without a monster set, so I’m thinking of ilambris, maw of infernal, skoria, or domihaus.
    Edited by Cryptical on April 15, 2018 1:41PM
    Xbox NA
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sentinel
    I'll be using Sentinel on my SPC/Sanctuary Argonian Warden. One major thing that Warden healers lack compared to Templar healers is an equivalent to shards. Sentinel won't be as reliable as shards, obviously, but I like the fact that it restores stamina to the ENTIRE group. When I'm grouped up with Templar healers on stam DPS characters, I never feel comfortable activating the synergy on shards, as it's an unwritten rule that that synergy belongs to the tank. Wardens excel with group-wide buffs, so Sentinel feels like the obvious choice here.

EDIT: Also, NO ONE in my guilds runs DSA, so I haven't been able to get a Master resto staff and doubt I ever will. If Sentinel procs reliably, then it's a decent alternative to not having access to Master resto.

I use orbs all the time. There are meta chasers who get upset, though, that they can't have access to orbs AND shards in a dungeon. ;) Sentinel might shut them up.

Edit: Unless, of course, you're referring to me not taking shards when I'm on my damage dealers. Sadly, I SELDOM see other healers using orbs. Most that I've encountered just use shards.

Edited by Aurielle on April 15, 2018 1:53PM
  • Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    probably bloodspawn for more horns

maybe earthgore in vSO and vHoF

could also try 1pc skoria and 1pc domihaus but i think bloodspawn wins for most group utility in trials.
    GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
  • Grabmoore
    Grabmoore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    None. 5/5/1/1 will still be the way to go. Maybe earthgore instead of Master resto in some situations. It still doesn't change the fact that there are no good monster sets for healers.
    EU - PC - Ebonheart Pact
    Iggy Grabmoore - Argonian Magicka Templar | Nyctasha - Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Do-Ra'Zhar - Khajiit Stamina DK | Ashmedi - Dunmer Magicka DK
    Vanya Darchow - AD Altmer Magicka Sorc | Malek gro'Kash - Orc Stam Sorc
    GM of "Handelshaus von Riften" - Trading & PvX Community
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe Earthgore for vMoL to deal with the silences. Other than that, I'll stick to my SPC + Jorvuld/Worm/Mending + Master/Maelstrom staves

Twilight Remedy is gonna be retired tho :'(
    Edited by Tryxus on April 15, 2018 2:56PM
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightflame

I use orbs all the time. There are meta chasers who get upset, though, that they can't have access to orbs AND shards in a dungeon. ;) Sentinel might shut them up.

Edit: Unless, of course, you're referring to me not taking shards when I'm on my damage dealers. Sadly, I SELDOM see other healers using orbs. Most that I've encountered just use shards.

Orbs and shards do the same thing, return resources based on max stats, they are on the same synergy cool down.
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mix of two
    Tryxus wrote: »
    Maybe Earthgore for vMoL to deal with the silences. Other than that, I'll stick to my SPC + Jorvuld/Worm/Mending + Master/Maelstrom staves

what is the problem with twighlight remedy?
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Prolly a DPS/tank one monster honestly.

Mighty chudan/Rku/shadowrend/swarmmother/thur/zaan

Not really interested in heal set, because if you can heal it without a heal set why use a heal set?
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Psijic Order has a skill that gives Minor Force, so Twilight Remedy might not see much use anymore (only using it currently when the majority in the group are Mag DPS). "Might", cuz it's still a bit early to tell.
    Edited by Tryxus on April 15, 2018 3:47PM
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is Iceheart option? I still like that for healer.
    Will continue with Earthgore in pvp.
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Nothing to do with meta chasers.... orbs and shards provide the same bonus on the same synergy cooldown there is no need to slot both unless you are solo healing a trial as a templar and need the speed of shards solely for the tank, and also need the application / target range of orbs to reach everyone else which is an incredibly rare scenario.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The Psijic Order has a skill that gives Minor Force, so Twilight Remedy might not see much use anymore (only using it currently when the majority in the group are Mag DPS). "Might", cuz it's still a bit early to tell.

Well.. it will simply exist under the same design philosophy as other potions, set bonuses and unique abilities that also fit into the same mantra. Ie bring X or Y to free allies of needed to bring Z.

The value of twilighy remedy will only ever be as worth as what magicka dps builds are giving up in place of the psijic skill on their bars.
    Edited by exeeter702 on April 15, 2018 5:33PM
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sentinel
    exeeter702 wrote: »

Nothing to do with meta chasers.... orbs and shards provide the same bonus on the same synergy cooldown there is no need to slot both unless you are solo healing a trial as a templar and need the speed of shards solely for the tank, and also need the application / target range of orbs to reach everyone else which is an incredibly rare scenario.

I know they share the same synergy cool down. Nevertheless, I frequently run into people who STILL insist that Templar is infinitely superior to Warden due to shards/BoL. I know lots of tanks who claim they vastly prefer shards because they’re easier to grab than orbs (which they leave for the damage dealers). When I tank, I personally don’t care if the healer is using shards over orbs (or vice versa) as long as they’re using SOMETHING, but some misguided meta fans who refuse to acknowledge that Wardens can be excellent healers as well dismiss us outright over our supposed “inability” to provide resources.

• Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Great to hear that I am not the only one with a criterion like that.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightflame
    I like pool.
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mix of two
    Seraphayel wrote: »

You do know you can dye monster helms too?
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightflame

Orbs and shards do the same thing, return resources based on max stats, they are on the same synergy cool down.

Indeed, very nice how this works now. A few months ago, I was already looking forward to get my mag-NB prepared as a healer. I thought: "This might really work well especially in groups of pure magicka!"
    After the latest change they really made it viable for everything, really nice.
    Edited by Kelces on April 15, 2018 6:52PM
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    same as i do now, bogdan on my Templar and sentinel on my warden.

Is night flame useful? It looks bad on paper.

you have asked me this before, it looks cool, fashion is end game, that is the biggest reason i use it. otherwise it adds like 10% more healing to the group over not having it.

My bad...I won't forget this time. Thanks for answering.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    What have you guys found earthgore actually negates or purges in PvE?
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish I could dye spell effects because that's a much bigger problem for me!
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Generally, I will use Rkagumz, Bogdan, Troll King, maybe sometimes Earthgore (trial equip). For some dungeons I will use Chokethorns, Maw of Infernal, Zaan or Infernal Guardian.
    Yes.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Re Shards/Orbs:
    • What did the cooldown settle at for using the synergy? Whatever it is, more than one group member should be able to grab Shards synergies.
    • Last I looked, Shards returned both magicka and stamina, while Orbs only returned one. Did that change?

Re proc sets:
    • Does anybody use SPC as a single-bar set? If so, how is uptime?
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Comon. It is obvious we speak about visual effects, not dyes of armor pieces.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chokethorn
    Chokethorn or Troll King at first, because I already have those sets. I'll trade them for something better when I can get something better.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightflame
    Re Shards/Orbs:
    • What did the cooldown settle at for using the synergy? Whatever it is, more than one group member should be able to grab Shards synergies.
    • Last I looked, Shards returned both magicka and stamina, while Orbs only returned one. Did that change?

Re proc sets:
    • Does anybody use SPC as a single-bar set? If so, how is uptime?

Only the luminous shards morph returns both resources, your highest at 3960 and the other at 1980. Not the end of the world and only really important to tanks, dps and other healers really only use there mains resource.

All morphs of orbs and shards share a 20 second cool down, just like all other synergys in the game but they are the only two that are tyed together.