The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Bah Humbug! What's your least favorite Jester's Festival Quest and Why?

VaranisArano
VaranisArano
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The Jester's Festival is filled with fun and laughs, good loot and banners. So, so many banners. But all those quests have their own annoying sides as well. Take a break from the fun and games and think, "What's my least favorite of the Jester Monarchs' quests and why?"

If the Poll Options don't suit your own thinking, feel free to weigh in specifically with a response below. I forgot the "Other" response, unfortunately, but I do love reading all the clever "Other" responses people come up with!
Edited by VaranisArano on March 30, 2018 3:17PM

Bah Humbug! What's your least favorite Jester's Festival Quest and Why? 310 votes

Jester King Emeric's Quest (fetch 8 Dragonfire Crystals & Ayleid Bone Dust to make Fireworks then dazzle Daggerfall)
63%
SirAndySoleyainespeloazulSlayerSyrenatheskymovesnexxus_ESOdodgehopper_ESOSlurgOakmontowls_ESOcalitrumanb14_ESOCatsmoke14GlassHalfFullBrocknarLonePirateopajWhiteCoatSyndromeSkuatuckerpb2Svenjabluefoot 197 votes
Jester King Jorunn's Quest (steal Mudcrab Apples & Princess the Pig)
25%
AzureButterflySolarikenvailjohn_ESOEsha76DarcyMardinRDMyers65b14_ESOPlagueSDArizona_SteveJD2013ValveAnnulielthomas1970b16_ESOMagicaSamadhiBoloBoffindreamfarerJasonSilverSpringKaaldeinAlex_LexMoonscythe 79 votes
Jester Queen Ayrenn's Quest (cheer some grumpy elves in three cities by throwing flower petals on them)
10%
mesnaHanokihsIruil_ESOAimoraYukon2112starkerealmSmoltReverbRecremenLupusdiabolusmagictucktuckSugaComapilsbury65LordNillocJhalinRaddlemanNumber7Captain8504Bobby_V_RockitDiabolus1989goldenarcher1 34 votes
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For myself, they've all got their own annoying points.

Chief among them is the time spent waiting for the Jester Monarch to load onto the screen once you arrive at the Pavilion. Seriously ZOS, I though Breda in the New Life Festival loaded faster than these guys.

Jester King Emeric sends us to not one but two delves to compete for limited resources with other players. That's exactly what I what to do for a fun festival: reenact the resource farming fights of double-node DLC anniversaries! Not! Then, we run all over the city of Daggerfall, press a button three times in rapid succession to fire off fireworks that may or may not load, and rush off to the next spot. Such fun, such wow.

Jester King Jorunn proves that "Khajiit like to sneak" and we all prove that unless you sneak in exactly the right way and the guards are all looking the other direction, we all can't steal a couple apples without getting caught. Then its off to grab Princess the Pig, who is a champion racer of a pig, able to keep up with max-speed, rapids-using warhorses in her quest to escape the murderous Butcher and elope with her own true love. For the most "stealthy" of the missions, tis quest does not reward stealth at all, with most players detected stealing the apples and avoiding the Butcher by sprinting madly through the streets of Ebonheart. Plus, uh, anyone who's characters are law-abiding? No fun for you.

Jester Queen Ayrenn's quest is just tedious. Trot through a city -> press a button to throw petals on two people ->wayshrine to next city -> Trot through a city -> press a button to throw petals on two people ->wayshrine to next city-> trot over bridge ->loading screen into building, OMG the excitement -> press a button to throw petals on two grumpy professors who deserve it -> back to Jester Queen Ayrenn who's like "I'm exhausted just watching you run everywhere, LOL!"

Don't get me wrong. I think the Jester's Festival Quests are kind of fun and at least they are mercifully quick once you know how to do them. But part of that merciful quickness is that they are very tedious. From Jorunn's quest where the excitement comes from wondering if you'll get a bounty despite being in stealth, to Emeric's quest fighting with other players to get the stuff you need, and Ayrenn's quest of running pressing buttons...the Jester's Festival is a giant prank on players.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't pick one over the others.

I like the event and listen to the dialog at least once because I find it cute and funny, but after 3-4 times it gets tedious.
    Edited by Katahdin on March 30, 2018 3:15PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jester King Emeric's Quest (fetch 8 Dragonfire Crystals & Ayleid Bone Dust to make Fireworks then dazzle Daggerfall)
    This one seems to drag along for some reason.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Takes the most time.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't care for any of them, just want my cake (and eat it!)
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely mind numbingly boring
  • Yinmaigao
    Yinmaigao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apple... APPLE!! It is a flipping pig, should eat whatever, but it is too good to eat the *literally* 3k apples from my bag.

That really is one prissy princess...
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don’t get me wrong, I love killing mobs, but trying to get a hit in with my low level alts before the 20+ other people in the delves kill everything is annoying. Think I may need to equip them with resto staves instead.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The apple is just bland,
    go, steal apple, pay guard for bounty, talk to pig, ride back to Jorunn at high speed

Throwing flower petals brightens my day a bit when the NPC cheer up, or someone gives me a flower crown
    and being given explosives as a reward for killing Dominion soldiers on Covenant soil is simply delightful
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emeric's quest is just too time consuming. Add in that these 2 delves are often cleaned out of mobs forcing you to wait on respawns or look for the nodes just adds to the required time. I personally use two instant teleports to speed it up further and that will end up costing nearly 2k but that's my personal preference so that part at least is on me. Point is, it's just longer than the others.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jester Queen Ayrenn's Quest (cheer some grumpy elves in three cities by throwing flower petals on them)
    Aw shoot I misread the title and went for my favorite instead. :-( I was like "HOW do people enjoy the one where you go into TWO delves that much??" Whoops. I do love the dazzler effects on that quest though.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The PiG!!
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • strangeradnd
    strangeradnd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ayrenn's is simple to the point of why even bother, the most challenging part is waiting for the load screen when you travel. Jorunn's at least has something new and different, even if a little broken. Emeric's is the only one I don't mind doing, I get to do 2 delves and an Overland boss while I'm at it, things I might do anyway.
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i picked this one because on my toon im leveling i didn't have the way shrines and mount speed is at 2 lol but for my main it was not so bad
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a hard time with this entire event except the extra XP buff. I love that part!

I would prefer activities that are less scripted. Here are my ideas about what would actually be fun during the jesters festival:

- Using your pickpocketing skills, put a silly hat on 3 guards without being detected. The silly hats would be visible to other players for 2 minutes before resetting. Players would somewhat travel around the map to get to guards that aren't already wearing hats. To me this would be great fun.

- Throwing pies quest - a rehash of assassin's guild quest basically: Here's a person. go find them and throw a pie at them.

- Complete a random dungeon wearing a silly costume provided by event.

Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate coming back to delves.
    PC/EU
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually have to kill stuff. How boring.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • Orticia
      Orticia
      ✭✭✭✭
      I liked them all first time. But this one is the longest and fighting for mobs isn't really fun. So worst on repeat.
    • jssriot
      jssriot
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Definitely the most time-consuming. The delve fetching part is pretty unnecessary and very annoying, but I guess that was the best they could come up with to make it not a complete repeat of the Auridon quest.
      PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
    • elantaura
      elantaura
      ✭✭✭✭
      Because one annoying trip to a delve is simply not enough, and even then when you think your done you have to go do a light show from the way you came from.
      PS4 EU 1200+ cp - I enjoy RP, Housing, PVE and PVP

• Tholian1
      Tholian1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I don’t like the pig quest, but am also annoyed by the sudden loading screen I hit whenever I approach the tent outside of Daggerfall. Why is there a loading screen for that?
      PS4 Pro NA
    • krismissee82
      krismissee82
      ✭✭✭
      It's time-consuming, and all over the map. Although, I feel like it only bothers me on my lowbie toons. It does grant some nice XP due to the delves. While it is my least favorite, I still like it.
      Kaelindi - Stamblade
      Maelindi - Magblade
      Lindi - Magblade healer
      Lindi the Builder - Stamblade
      Lindi Stardust - Magplar
      PC NA
    • SugaComa
      SugaComa
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Queenies is horrible ... Its a lot moving fur very little fun ...

At least the pig steal is a chase ... Especially from guards ... And I like the fireworks on the other
    • Violynne
      Violynne
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I really don't like the apple/pig one. Just too many issues make this a quest where getting caught is a problem. Why are the guards chasing me over a "stolen" apple?

Also, maybe it's just me, but the dialogue from the royals seems... shorter?

Either way. I'll be back this evening.

• Doctordarkspawn
      Doctordarkspawn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I just dont do any of these, because I'm just. Not really a april fools person.
    • M_Volsung
      M_Volsung
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Other: All of them. That's why I don't participate in the event.
      "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
      Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
      Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
      Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
    • Loralai_907
      Loralai_907
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      This one takes far too long. The other two take much less time. Go into 2 different dungeons to gather things, then go back to the guy, then go set of fireworks in 3 different locations. Could we just go into 1 dungeon please? That would be enough of an adjustment to make me happier about the quest.
      PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
      Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
    • Jhalin
      Jhalin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Hitching rides for wayshrines on my baby alts is a pita, at least the others are isolated areas
    • MasterSpatula
      MasterSpatula
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Conceptually, Ebonheart is my favorite by a huge margin. Unfortunately, the issue with stealing the apples really damages this quest. And the other two are kind of tedious.

As last year, the Festival is a great idea, but they failed in execution. The one quest that's genuinely clever is tainted by a huge design flaw.

No vote.
      Edited by MasterSpatula on March 30, 2018 11:22PM
      "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
    • Reddkatz
      Reddkatz
      Not really for the quest itself, but if you talk to the Jester he has a lot of word play in there. It was quite punny.
      PC-NA