The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How is this ok? Premades and their effect on BGs

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Its not really premades fault that zos locked BGs behind a paywall and so the population cant support separate no cp, cp ques. We can tell that the BG population is pretty low when you see the same players every other match and see how easy it is to catch the same premade over and over again and be stomped since you lack the coordination of the premade. Its not fun to get steamrolled...

Please separate BGs from morrowind and make it base game so that the population can sustain a group and solo ques. It isn't fun for the premade that is actually looking for a challenge and isn't fun for the solo queing pugs to get steamrolled and can turn off people from BGs completely.
aarvvnpasm11.png
Unless you enjoy steamrolling pugs with your coordinated group and enjoy the free ap...

Edit: Another premade team... After a while my team just gave up and played the rest of the match like deathmatch as they felt it was useless to even try to attempt to get the ball from the premade team. Is making players feel like avoiding the objective all together what zenimax wants?

cuz29bwbmbjv.png
3ogh58ojln64.png
You know, people whine about this nonstop on the Bungie forums. It's a team game, you make your team, you work together, you win. It's not a hard concept. I don't get why anyone thinks a bunch of lone wolves running off doing whatever they want should dominate teams working together. It's stupid. If you're tired of getting steamrolled, stop being a lone wolf, get a team together, and get good.

Premades have the following advantages:
* Can use builds that compliment each other. So they can work basically "raid buffed".
* Communication. They often have voice communication that the entire team is in. This alone offers a significant advantage.
* You know each members strengths and weaknesses before the BG even loads.

The whole purpose of group finder is for people who dont have premades in ANY game. And im pretty sure every BG ive been in i went through GROUP FINDER.

I dont care if i get a bad team. That guy that plays every match as deathmatch and could careless about objectives. That other one that runs around aimlessly not close to any objective or player. The one that runs by a flag but not even through its circle to start the transfer...just a couple meters outside of it. All of that is fine. But that team needs to be put against a group with similar problems. IE: One that is made up of random players. Not against a coordinated buffed premade.

Im pretty sure the only people who actually do battleground and like premades mixed with full PUG are the ones who farm them. I have yet to meet one solo PUGGER, again in any game, that thinks its a good idea or fair. Its a balance flaw in every game with BGS, and its one of the few "features" that ZOS borrowed from other games. They couldnt borrow something like awesome battlegrounds or creative objectives... nope it had to be lets mix premade with random.

Edit: funny that l2p and l2socialize is the counterarguement from the premade defenders, I KNOW I lold too

o49lijrhwhgd.png
Oh look that same premade is running today again match to match I meet them again and again, zos please look into making the bg environment fun for everyone

Oh look another one

6tccxa8bb7kr.png
Edited by Aliyavana on March 29, 2018 1:03AM
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, they just need an outlet for that type of play. Some sort of ranked BGs that premades can battle each other.
  • Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    eh ive had rando groups where we've done that, you sure it was a preamade? and they just didnt play really well together
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been in pugs that have steam rolled premades

Throw on a build thst can put out at least 500k damage a game and lead your team to glory.
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Premades are definitely an issue. I've had pug groups do this as well, but it's luck of the draw. Premades will do this every single match. Hey, at least if you give up quickly, you'll get fast AP.
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Throw on a build thst can put out at least 500k damage a game and lead your team to glory.

PUGs that win are awesome, but PUG teams don't stick together and win match after match after match.

Premade teams do, and if you see the same group again and again without your PUG team having much of a chance against them, it starts feeling a lot like you are just getting farmed. Its a rare PVPer who likes getting farmed over and over again.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you must have had some amazing pugs because most of the time they play the objective is lava
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    an option for premade/rank matches would be nice- the way other bg games do.
  • KiraTsukasa
    KiraTsukasa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, people whine about this nonstop on the Bungie forums. It's a team game, you make your team, you work together, you win. It's not a hard concept. I don't get why anyone thinks a bunch of lone wolves running off doing whatever they want should dominate teams working together. It's stupid. If you're tired of getting steamrolled, stop being a lone wolf, get a team together, and get good.
  • Hetaira
    Hetaira
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed BGs a ton when they first dropped. Would not set foot in then now because they are utterly and completely broken by premade groups and pugs being thrown together.

Give me an option to queue for 100% random pug group for all 3 teams and I'll be back to playing several rounds a day.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My feelings exactly...

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's not fun for the premade groups they want to have close fights and scores like real competition. They should remove the pay wall open bgs to everyone then have group que only and solo que only.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

getting good has nothing to do with premades... theres no reason why premades should get put against solo quers, that's why games with these types of systems have safe guards against that. I guess you like your free ap with little resistance tho
    Edited by Aliyavana on March 24, 2018 5:06AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not fun for the premade groups they want to have close fights and scores like real competition. They should remove the pay wall open bgs to everyone then have group que only and solo que only.

EXACTLY THISSSSSSSSS. anyone against separation is simply a premade that wants an easy ap farm and not a challenge
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Premades have the following advantages:
    * Can use builds that compliment each other. So they can work basically "raid buffed".
    * Communication. They often have voice communication that the entire team is in. This alone offers a significant advantage.
    * You know each members strengths and weaknesses before the BG even loads.

The whole purpose of group finder is for people who dont have premades in ANY game. And im pretty sure every BG ive been in i went through GROUP FINDER.

I dont care if i get a bad team. That guy that plays every match as deathmatch and could careless about objectives. That other one that runs around aimlessly not close to any objective or player. The one that runs by a flag but not even through its circle to start the transfer...just a couple meters outside of it. All of that is fine. But that team needs to be put against a group with similar problems. IE: One that is made up of random players. Not against a coordinated buffed premade.

Im pretty sure the only people who actually do battleground and like premades mixed with full PUG are the ones who farm them. I have yet to meet one solo PUGGER, again in any game, that thinks its a good idea or fair. Its a balance flaw in every game with BGS, and its one of the few "features" that ZOS borrowed from other games. They couldnt borrow something like awesome battlegrounds or creative objectives... nope it had to be lets mix premade with random.
    Edited by Anotherone773 on March 24, 2018 5:13AM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5,000 AP difference in per match isn’t exactly significant. Most premades would make a lot more in Cyrodiil.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    5,000 AP difference in per match isn’t exactly significant. Most premades would make a lot more in Cyrodiil.

still feels *** to be steamrolled and will turn off players looking to start pvping
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They’ll get steamrolled regardless of premades. If you want to learn the sub 50 BGs and Kyne is your place.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They’ll get steamrolled regardless of premades. If you want to learn the sub 50 BGs and Kyne is your place.

I don't need to learn how to pvp, I already do... I need an equal playing field. You are making it seem like its my fault for not quing with friends. I CANNOT 1vx a entire group of coordinated premades with builds that compliment each other by myself
    Edited by Aliyavana on March 24, 2018 5:37AM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they're making battlegrounds free for everyone with Summerset. I mean they're already gifting Morrowind to everyone who buys Summerset.

It is no fun to wait 30 minutes for a battleground to happen and then it only starts with 3v3v3. Hard to believe there are not more players doing them. I LOVE battlegrounds but fighting a premade group again and again is slowly killing my fun.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree BGS should just be made free for everyone at this point.

However before they came out I made multiple posts about why they shouldn’t of been added in the first place and one of the reasons is people will whine about premades. You can’t separate premades either because then you just won’t have anyone playing period. Rift did it for anyone last 2 players when their game was extremely popular and the queue time was over 1 hour. It instantly killed pvp in that game.
  • WakeYourGhost
    WakeYourGhost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With Summerset coming, more people may buy it and get Morrowind anyways.
    Maybe if you get lucky, enough people who are getting the new (Special-paid DLC with a Fancy Name) will be Interested in the BGs to actually Use It.
    I mean, I know plenty of people in Cyrod, Guilds, and just in passing who own Morrowind and never use the BGs.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »

I don't need to learn how to pvp, I already do... I need an equal playing field. You are making it seem like its my fault for not quing with friends. I CANNOT 1vx a entire group of coordinated premades with builds that compliment each other by myself

but apparently you havent worked out that q'ing with friends doesnt make you a good group at pvp. Those friends though, are likely just more coordinated than the other team. and a q for groups only would pitch that hopeless group against, according to you, a group that will wipe the floor with them. that or they play separately.

You havent thought this through fully and appear to just be whining cuz you got smashed and instead of doing something about it with your own team, your solution is to disband the other teams.
  • Prospero_ESO
    Prospero_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Y I don't get why anyone thinks a bunch of lone wolves running off doing whatever they want should dominate teams working together. It's stupid.

Whats also stupid is that people like you seem to be unable to read or understand properly. People do not complain that they can´t beat premades, what they want ZOS to do is to implement some form of matchmaking where PUG´s are matched against PUG´s and Premades are matched against Premades. Pretty much a standard in other games.
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    aliyavana wrote: »

but apparently you havent worked out that q'ing with friends doesnt make you a good group at pvp. Those friends though, are likely just more coordinated than the other team. and a q for groups only would pitch that hopeless group against, according to you, a group that will wipe the floor with them. that or they play separately.

You havent thought this through fully and appear to just be whining cuz you got smashed and instead of doing something about it with your own team, your solution is to disband the other teams.

OP never suggested disbanding premades. We want separate queues.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Gralor
    Gralor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The OP is right.

Certain high-ranked players known from Cyrodiil usually abuse this system to pug-stomp matches for hours. Just seen it happen yesterday on PC EU. They don’t care about competition. They just want to earn AP in the fastest way possible and make themselves feel good by zerging solo-queuers.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO_Blash wrote: »
    The OP is right.

Certain high-ranked players known from Cyrodiil usually abuse this system to pug-stomp matches for hours. Just seen it happen yesterday on PC EU. They don’t care about competition. They just want to earn AP in the fastest way possible and make themselves feel good by zerging solo-queuers.

One can earn way more AP with a good 4 player team when you farm the countless PuGs on resources...
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How do you learn if you have no competition superior to you?

Also is this vet bgs or below 50? Reason I ask there are guilds made just to play under 50 BGs. They farm gear to play in under 50 pvp.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »

OP never suggested disbanding premades. We want separate queues.

for the current q, its disbanding premades. So yes, that is part of their requested solution. Solo players shouldnt play against groups. Because they falsely assume things about groups and their suggestion will screw people over who want to play together and arent pvp gods (in their own mind)

This suggestion reeks of someone who is butthurt over losing battlegrounds and has had very little thought put into it, in an attempt to try and make them lose less.
  • Owondyah
    Owondyah
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get all this [snip] about premades... It's social game, get friends together and queue up and work as team. Simple as that. Don't cry over something that should not be changed.

It's TEAM based objective game - T E A M. It's meant to be played as premade.

However, I agree that it sholdn't be behind a paywall to get it a bit more populated.

EDIT: name me a game where pug vs pugs and premades vs premades. I have over 20 mmos installed, its not a case in any.

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on March 27, 2018 4:10PM
  • Gralor
    Gralor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO_Blash wrote: »
    The OP is right.

One can earn way more AP with a good 4 player team when you farm the countless PuGs on resources...

Not at 10 AM in the mornings on weekdays.
    Edited by Gralor on March 24, 2018 10:01AM