Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Has anyone ever gotten any of the apex rewards ever?

• anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the Flame Atronach Wolf mount from one of the free crates.

• Guarlet
    Guarlet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought 4 crates and got the Frostbane Bear (the first mount I've ever gotten from crates), which was amazing and completely unexpected because it goes perfectly with my orc and I hadn't expected anything at all. I still feel blessed by the RNG gods.

Those are also the last crates I buy, ever. I'm quitting while I'm ahead. :smiley:
    AKA The Goblinator, PC/EU
  • beetleklee
    beetleklee
    ✭✭✭✭
    From crates:
    Dwarven Senche
    Skeletal Horse
    Frost Draugr Senche
    Cold Flame Atronach Wolf

Bought with gems:
    Flame Atronach Senche
    Frostbane Senche

I got lucky and got 2 radiants, one from free crates, one with like two 15 packs.
    I wanted the Shadow Rider Senche like everyone else lol, but not willing to spend a lot of money. I have some wiggle room for disposable income but gotta stop at some point. I bought a couple 15 packs, got no apex mounts this time, but enough gems to get everything else I wanted, I got 3 Dromathra motifs to trade in since I already have that book filled lol.

I wanted to collect Senches, but not gonna happen anymore with radiants. And there was also the bad move of rereleasing the Wild Hunt and Storm Atro crates back in December, but you could not buy anything with gems (I missed out on those the first time around.)
    PC NA
    CP 690

EP Dunmer MagDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer MagSorc Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Argonian DK Tank Level 50, Boethiah's Scythe
    EP Breton Templar Healer Level 50
    EP Khajiit StamDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer Magblade Level 50, Assistant Alienist
    EP Argonian Stamden Level 50, Lady of Misrule (pvp)
    EP Dunmer Stamblade Level 50
    DC Redguard Stamplar
    AD Altmer Magwarden Healer

vMA, vDSA, vSO HM, vHRC HM, vAA, vAS+1, vMoL
  • CelestialSlayer
    CelestialSlayer
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like this thread is some sort of crown crates anonymous. It really is sad that cosmetic items are making people spends vast sums of money. Each to their own, but please note that gambling and collecting can become addictive, and eso have a duty to at least tell people if they are spending to much i.e. Some sort of pop up message at least.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    beetleklee wrote: »
    I wanted to collect Senches, but not gonna happen anymore with radiants.

Yeah, ZOS's decision to make Radiant Apex mounts completely RNG-locked and impossible to purchase with any quantity of Gems has probably cost them a lot of other sales. Why bother collecting all the senches released if I know I'm not going to be able to get the Radiant ones? I know a lot of people feel this way about the horses, or the wolves.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a cinder wolf with the free crates and I got a frostbane bear and that striped horse with the new free crates.
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I purchased a skeletal wolf from the reaper's crates with gems.

From the flamecaller crates I got the guar and camel

From the scalecaller I got the frost bear

I wish i had that sort of luck for the storm atronoch and the wild hunt crates! I liked those mounts much better than the flame ones.

I will be getting more crates on payday. I hope i get the horse, if not... I'll just save gems.
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• SuicideRoach
    SuicideRoach
    ✭✭
    Opened 75 crates and no apex
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I did buy crates this time (yes, ashamed) to get the Elk mount I should have bought last year. The 15 crate bundle gives the best rewards, and less trash. I only get decent rewards from a set of 15, not the 5 pack or singles. Or even the free ones, the best thing I got this time was an XP scroll.

The 15 crates I bought to get 60 gems more for the Elk, netted me 220, plus a bunch of face tats and other things I will never use. Now I have enough crowns to buy a mount NEXT season too.
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The 15 crate bundle gives the best rewards, and less trash. I only get decent rewards from a set of 15, not the 5 pack or singles. Or even the free ones, the best thing I got this time was an XP scroll.

Man, I love how human brains work, and how we will make up crazy ass theories of how things work to match our own patterns of experience when facts (in this case drop rates) don't exist yet. I swear there's a psychology dissertation waiting to be written in all these Crown Crate threads.
  • IAMJ0N35Y
    IAMJ0N35Y
    ✭✭
    I'll tell you a story.
    I introduced ESO to my friend who is a fan of the Elder Scrolls and after watching me play he said he will pre-order the Morrowind Chapter with the base game.
    So my friend got a free dwarven crown crate.
    He just completed the tutorial on his first character and when he opened his free crown crate he got the Dwarven Senche.
    I was so jealous of him that day because he hadn't even played the game for an hour and he got something really good.
    He still rubs it in my face even to this day.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had all the free crates they offered (plus the only 1 crate which I actually bought after they had first promo with free crates). Only got one apex item ever, the bear mount this season.

kTjg1HQ.jpg

I didn't really like any apex mounts from previous seasons (of course I wouldn't mind getting them just for collection). This time I really like the simple and quiet design of apex mounts, and I would really love to have beautiful fluffy white sabre cat :/ Quiet yet awesome summoning, very quiet idle, really moderate roar with some simple and not intrusive snow explosion... Of course I would change some details on armor, but that royal tail, cute muzzle and bright eyes are just epic <3 If only they had these mounts in normal store for sale... Of course it felt very nice to get at least something apex - just to see the card glowing in special way was exciting, imagining what it could be - and bear is second best choice this time (imo), it has the most neat and the coolest looking stamina upgrade I've ever seen on any mount before. Sabre cat has really awesome speed upgrade design though, also best one I've seen.
    People who designed these mounts overall did very good job. Whoever put them in crates instead of direct purchase option, did very bad job. RNG in my case did good job on gifting me one of them, and not very good job at guessing which one I really wanted :'( It could be another nice try to lure me into actually buying more crates, but it won't work this time cause I learned very well from just one crate: spending money on unwanted items really hurts.

I hope developers won't bury this beautiful sabre cat model in crates, and will eventually release it in normal crown store :( Even no need for any special effects and animations, just pure white or pure black (with white or black armor), some other tasteful color combination... I will forget that I already have beautiful golden and black lions, and would justify buying another solid, tastefully done senche mount if they ever create one more outside of crates :(
  • Shadowmaster
    Shadowmaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've got the dragonfire wolf.

Its badass except the howl>fist in the air part.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got the storm steed and the mustang. Ill trade the storm steed for all 3 motifs and a large unfurnished house of my choice.

For those of you that like to try to figure out a "system" 3 free crates, 15 crates bought with ESO plus crowns, 15 more crates bought with $40 crown pack. Mustang on the 8 or 9th crate i opened this season, Steed on the 21st i opened.
    Edited by Anotherone773 on March 21, 2018 1:50AM
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I f8nally got my first mount..a frost senche. Well..I take that back..the free frost crates I got a frost camel..then my purchased crates I got a frost senche..so..that's crazy lol but usually I get nothing. So don't hate me for having a lucky few days..I'm sure they are gone for good
  • adamastorx
    adamastorx
    ✭✭
    I feel like this thread is some sort of crown crates anonymous. It really is sad that cosmetic items are making people spends vast sums of money. Each to their own, but please note that gambling and collecting can become addictive, and eso have a duty to at least tell people if they are spending to much i.e. Some sort of pop up message at least.

My thoughts exactly. Gambling is gambling, it should be regulated as such even on MMOs.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is yet to be an Apex mount that I want. The only thing to come from a crown crate that I "had to have" were the wizard hats in the first season.

I still ride the Shadowghost Guar I purchased with my sub crowns. Before that I rode the tessellated guar.

• JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a shame this game's Lootboxes don't have a "bad luck prevention" system like in Hearthstone where after say 20 packs of nothing your chances of getting a Legendary card increases exponentially. But, in terms of whether i've gotten Apex rewards yes i have.
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, lol

I won an Apex Flame Atronach Horse mount from a free crate a while back. It's kind of funny because the RNG was wasted on like the worst possible person for it. While everyone else was freaking out about them, I didn't want it in the slightest.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vehlir wrote: »
    Yeah, lol

I won an Apex Flame Atronach Horse mount from a free crate a while back. It's kind of funny because the RNG was wasted on like the worst possible person for it. While everyone else was freaking out about them, I didn't want it in the slightest.

Same with me, i could care less about what mount i ride outside of i dont want one that is annoying to ride like that stupid spider. Im perfectly fine with a nondescript horse. If different mounts had different bonuses, i would care. But they dont so i dont.

I got a radiant apex though and i could care less if i ride it or a sorrel horse.
    Edited by Anotherone773 on March 27, 2018 1:39PM
  • Pajor
    Pajor
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the flame crates, I got all the rare apex mounts except the horse. And with the new crates this season, I got that rare blue horse.
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe I have gotten 3 radiant, all from free crates to boot. As far as apex, at least 5 or 6.
    Edited by Sevn on March 27, 2018 9:59PM
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I can remember:

Radiant Apex: Plague Horse
    Apex: Dwemer Bear, Fire Guar, Bearded snow camel llama

I only use the Plague Horse, and only on one character I don't play very much. The Dwemer Bear is in a cage at my house, because bears freak me out.

I think the trick is to not care if you get anything from those two levels. I'm only interested in lower tier items like other cat mounts and pets. So if I get something higher, cool. If I don't, cool.

***edit***
    I double checked. I apparently also have two wild hunt mounts and the storm wolf mount. I didn't even realize I had those. NONE of these I picked out and bought with gems.
    Edited by Loralai_907 on March 28, 2018 10:05PM
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone ever compiled a list of the apex mounts that have been available each crate season? I'm not sure if I have ever gotten one - would be nice to check lol.
    Edited by Bam_Bam on March 28, 2018 1:31PM
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • SecretJoy
    SecretJoy
    ✭✭✭
    Baranthus wrote: »
    Has anyone ever compiled a list of the apex mounts that have been available each crate season? I'm not sure if I have ever gotten one - would be nice to check lol.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Crown_Crates

That webpage has a breakdown of every crown crate season and the items included in them. It's really cool :)
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if the chance to get something was public info.

I buy crates with no big expectations
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    The 15 crate bundle gives the best rewards, and less trash. I only get decent rewards from a set of 15, not the 5 pack or singles. Or even the free ones, the best thing I got this time was an XP scroll.

Man, I love how human brains work, and how we will make up crazy ass theories of how things work to match our own patterns of experience when facts (in this case drop rates) don't exist yet. I swear there's a psychology dissertation waiting to be written in all these Crown Crate threads.

True. But she isn't too far off either, as the more chances we have the better our "luck". For example the probability of getting the number 6 at least once in a fair die roll increases if i were to roll multiple times. For instance in the 1st roll the probability of getting a 6 would be 1/6. However, if there were a 2nd roll the probability of getting at least a 6 is now after two rolls is 11/36. [ P(a 6 in two rolls) = 1 - P(no 6 in two rolls) ] : [ P(a 6 in two rolls) = ( 1 - (5/6)^2 )].

Being that I assume most CC buyers are looking for at least 1 of what they want and not duplicates of what they want this formula applies to them. You are correct that drop rates don't yet exist however, Faunter's CC data tracker however I think does a good job of tracking the drop rates. His tracker shows relatively consistent numbers throughout the crown crate seasons.
    Edited by JWKe on March 30, 2018 11:28PM
  • DiNanna63
    DiNanna63
    ✭✭✭
    I just got the Frostbane Camel the other day. I wish I could sell it for Crown Gems. I extracted all the gems out of everything I could. Now to wait for something I want to buy.
    Edited by DiNanna63 on April 5, 2018 2:06AM
  • IndianaGeoff
    IndianaGeoff
    ✭✭✭
    Bought 15 crates to confirm how crappy they are.

Got 2 pet cats, more tattoos in a game where you are dressed 99.99% of the time. Same on the free one's I have gotten.

One big pile of nope for me to do it again. Oh, I might buy 5 next time, but then again maybe never again. At least put a decent looking normal horse in there as an easy win. All the potions are a total waste. I use them, but get zero value from them so they are a waste.