The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Has anyone ever gotten any of the apex rewards ever?

Azyle1
Azyle1
✭✭✭✭✭
I've never really bought crown crates, but I gave it a shot. I bought 15, cause I wanted that shadow senche thing that apparently, you cannot buy, but just have to "get".

Yeah, 15 crates and I got nothing cool. It really is like gambling, but honestly, it's a pretty crappy system.. just let me buy what I want.
  • CHM228
    CHM228
    ✭✭✭
    They will never make radiant apex rewards for sale; Radiant apex rewards are money maker. Some people will keep buying crates to get them..
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CHM228 wrote: »
    They will never make radiant apex rewards for sale; Radiant apex rewards are money maker. Some people will keep buying crates to get them..

Yeah, I cannot imagine how low the drop rate is on those things..
  • Glockcoma725
    Glockcoma725
    ✭✭✭
    Azyle1 wrote: »

Someone mentioned in a nother thread its like less than 1%
    Edited by Glockcoma725 on March 15, 2018 3:05PM
    PC-NA CP570 @Glockcoma725
    Maximus Dezimus Meridius Tank DragonKight
    Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
    Myrddin Emrys DD Sorceror
    Smokes-All-Herbs Healer Templar
    Azog the Defiler DD Warden
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radiant I've had the Cinder Wolf from the free ones.

Normal apex I've had:-
    2x Lightning Horse (from my first ever pack of 15 which made me think rates were much better than they were)
    1x Dwemer Senche

I normally buy one pack of 15 each season if they have enough items I would like in them. I skipped the nature ones as I only wanted the Daedra banner from them and had enough gems for that.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Never ever had one, but I only do free crates anyway. They're a handy source of gems as I see them.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • SASQUATCH0
    SASQUATCH0
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got the ebon dwarven senche. One of the first radiant apex mounts. Ever since I haven’t gotten jack shizzle
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's the collected drop rate data for past (and current) crates via people who used the associated addon:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n1kdrywYmgjx290QwGJj9TT1Y8z4GfEMhvQ8kQnKL5g

In the last round of crates, 0.24% was the "chance per crate" to get 1 Radiant Apex mount (out of a sample of 13,000+ crates).
    Edited by Lake on March 15, 2018 3:52PM
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Got the shadow smoke senche
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got the lightning bear from a 4 pack.
    Got a wild hunt horse,wolf and guar from a 4 pack.
    Nothing since....
    But then again they only get my eso+ crowns when there is nothing else interesting on the store that month.

Have never got a radiant drop but until they bringet out something daedric I'm good. I'm not fussed about the models so far.
    Edited by Thannazzar on March 15, 2018 4:00PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • SecretJoy
    SecretJoy
    ✭✭✭
    I got the Wild Hunt Senche back when they had those crates return briefly. Other than that, quite a few legendary items.

I've never known anyone who got a Radiant Apex, which is a shame. I wish there was a way to buy those with gems, but I guess they would lose the cool factor.
  • strangeradnd
    strangeradnd
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got the Flame Atronach Horse and Flame Atronach Senche from the last crates. (Includeing free crates I opened 39 of them) Sadly, I like them less than most of my regular mounts.
  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a Wild Hunt wolf. It was the mount I was hoping for during that season. That was the most uncommon mount I have gotten.
    Edited by jlmurra2 on March 15, 2018 4:19PM
  • djyrb
    djyrb
    ✭✭✭
    The only ones I have won directly from crates (not bought with gems) are:

1) Storm Atro Guar
    2) Wild Hunt Bear, Wild Hunt Wolf
    3) Wasn't playing mid-to-late 2017 so missed the Dwarven and Halloween(?) crates
    4) Fire Atro Guar, Radiant Apex Night Frost Atronach Horse

My typical buying pattern is a 15 pack a couple times a season, usually with leftover Crowns from subscriptions or after a Crown sale, after I buy cosmetics, houses, etc.
  • Pajor
    Pajor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got all the apex mounts from the flame crates, but this time around with the new crown crates, I have got no rare apex mount in 250 crates.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got a Dwarven Guar mount from the free Dwarven crates. I don't buy crates, though, so I guess I was pretty lucky to get one in some of the free crates.

I've managed to pull several of the non-apex mounts, but they were all ones I had purchased outright previously. They give 33 gems, so I've managed to save up over 200 gems from just free crates.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've bought about 30 crates over all cycles, plus free crates from each promotion.

I've gotten the storm atro senche, skeletal guar, and flame guar.

Skeletal guar is the only one I use regularly. Atro senche looks horrible, flame guar is cool (the ram's horns are awesome) but a bit much. The skeletal guar is adorable.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • The702Guy
    The702Guy
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve gotten a couple over time, but from the free crates only. I bought one 4 pack and got all junk when I first started playing and I decided after that to never buy them again. Stick to the free ones, it’s better that way
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20 crates got me the Frostbane Bear and Frostbane Guar B)
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got my first apex mount this round, the frostbane bear. My favorite after the senche (pure due to bouncy animation of the bear) this round, so pretty good.
    Never gotten a radiant apex one, then again I haven't opened that many crates yet, so that would have been extremely lucky as their drop rate seems to hoover between "once in a blue moon" and "when pigs fly".
    Edited by Orticia on March 15, 2018 5:37PM
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i've been very lucky in the past, gotten several normal apex mounts, but not this crate season.

if i want a frostbane, i'll have to buy it.
  • kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really really wanted one of those 3 special mounts. I wished for the senche most but ok I wouldn't make a fuss if it was the wolf or horse. I bought a total of 60 crates plus the 3 free ones and not one mount. I got tattoos, clothing, pets and some other stuff but not 1 mount.

So I gave up. In the past I often got a mount when I bought crates, now I really badly wanted the one and I bought a *** load and nothing. Although I never realised how low the drop rate was though. I must always been lucky and then I didn't even really wanted what they dropped.
    Funny that if you want something you don't get it lol
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The guild leader of my social guild got a radiant apex mount in the Flame Atronach crates. That's the only person I know personally who's gotten one, though.
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    60 crates is like what 20k crowns? Which is like 150 bucks right? Holy hell lol.....
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had 2 with free crates last year. I never used one since I don't like it very much. Every time I bought 15 crates I never had anything interesting, really.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had the Wild Hunt Senche drop.

Also snagged an Adamant Dwemmer Horse.

The senche is great, the horse is meh.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some addon you PC types have that tracks it
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Zt5oj7PWNFFaTykgXhWQOOkVl1ekHAJgcJpueRN3C40/edit#gid=1222376449

As of 0209 3/16/18
    - Dragonfire Wolf 2
    - Galvanic Storm Steed 4
    - Shadow-Rider Senche 1
    Totals
    Flame
    - Cold Flame Atronach Wolf 15
    - Night Frost Atronach Steed 16
    - Shadow Atronach Senche Mount 7
    Reaper
    - Cinder Wolf 17
    - Frost Draugr Senche 12
    - Plague Husk Horse 11
    Dwarven
    - Adamant Dwarven Horse 3
    - Ebon Dwarven Senche Mount 2
    - Vitrine Dwarven Wolf 2
    Turelus wrote: »

Those are just Apex, not Radiant Apex

I've never really bought crown crates, but I gave it a shot. I bought 15, cause I wanted that shadow senche thing that apparently, you cannot buy, but just have to "get".

Yeah, 15 crates and I got nothing cool. It really is like gambling, but honestly, it's a pretty crappy system.. just let me buy what I want.

Yes I got the Shadow Senche, I wanted the Frost Atro Mare, and I spent WAY THE F*** TO MUCH to get it.
    Edited by Maura_Neysa on March 16, 2018 9:14AM
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even so that's damn good luck at what's normally a 2%(ish) drop chance.
    Edited by Turelus on March 16, 2018 11:20AM
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Even so that's damn good luck at what's normally a 2%(ish) drop chance.

True, plus I re-read the original post, and they didn't specify Radiant :#
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have bought a 15 pack for each crate season since they were introduced and I also received all of the free crown crates ever available. Let's see:

Storm Atronach: 15
    Wild Hunt: 15
    Dwarven: 15 + 6 I think.
    Reapers: 15 + 3 I think.
    Flame Atronach: 15 + 3 I think.
    Scalecaller: 15 + 3 I think.

So roughly 105 crown crates opened. I received my FIRST EVER apex mount last night (I won't complain that it's a camel which was the one I least wanted too :'( ).

So for worst case scenario if I bought each crown crate individually at 400 crowns that would be 42,000 crowns. If I purchased crowns at the lowest rate of 750 for $7.99 it would have cost me $447.44 of real cash to have received one apex mount. :sweat:

I can't even imagine the Powerball lottery luck it would take for a legendary apex mount.
    Edited by Karius_Imalthar on March 16, 2018 1:57PM