The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crown Store False Advertising: Yokudan Motif Previews

Kiyakotari
Kiyakotari
✭✭✭✭✭
I recently used some of the gems from my crown crates to purchase the Yokudan Motif from the Flame Atronach Crates. It cost a whopping 200 gems, but I was willing to pay it because I had them available. I made this purchase based on the previews of the style that were provided in the Crown Store when looking at the motif. When I went to use the style in game, I discovered that the style does not look like what is previewed in the Crown Store. ZOS opted to use the more impressive looking tier 2 and 3 weapons and shields in the Crown Store previews, but only the tier 1 weapons and shields are available through the motif, whether crafting or using the outfit station.

This is blatant false advertising.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Preview works fine for me.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are multiple tiers of any style other than the basic racial ones?

I had not heard that.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

I had not heard that.

Yes, there are. Not all styles have multiple tiers, but some do. Yokudan is one.

• SecretJoy
    SecretJoy
    ✭✭✭
    Kiyakotari wrote: »

I had not heard that.

Yes, there are. Not all styles have multiple tiers, but some do. Yokudan is one.

Really? I have this style and I wasn't aware of any tiers. To my knowledge, it only changes appearance based on what materials you use to craft it. But even that is only a color change.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SecretJoy wrote: »

I had not heard that.

Really? I have this style and I wasn't aware of any tiers. To my knowledge, it only changes appearance based on what materials you use to craft it. But even that is only a color change.

The outfit enabled preview of the Yokudan shield is round as is the crafted and dropped versions available, whereas the preview of the crown store Yokudan shield is quite different in shape, more of a wide kite-shaped shield.
  • SecretJoy
    SecretJoy
    ✭✭✭

I had not heard that.

The outfit enabled preview of the Yokudan shield is round as is the crafted and dropped versions available, whereas the preview of the crown store Yokudan shield is quite different in shape, more of a wide kite-shaped shield.

Huh :/ I guess I never noticed because I don't really use shields much. That is unfortunate then...they should be more careful to make sure the previews match the actual product.
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I had not heard that.

Huh :/ I guess I never noticed because I don't really use shields much. That is unfortunate then...they should be more careful to make sure the previews match the actual product.

this isn't the first time there have been issues with the clown $tore preview either :(
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would understand how it will be a problem before Dragonbones. But now that we have outfit system? You can choose any tier when creating an outfit and learning the motif on one character unlocks it for all characters. Seems like a non issue to me.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone had reported this on reddit a few days ago:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/8312ab/

They included the following screenshot:
    Sb4VE7C.jpg

The Crown Store preview was showing a variant of the Yokudan style that is not actually available for crafting or outfitting.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    I would understand how it will be a problem before Dragonbones. But now that we have outfit system? You can choose any tier when creating an outfit and learning the motif on one character unlocks it for all characters. Seems like a non issue to me.

Except that this is apparently not the case with the Yokudan style. Even with the outfitting system, only the tier 1 weapons and shields are available, and they do not match what is previewed in the Crown Store.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah I really like that preview shield. The actual one not so much.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can only preview 1 tier of Yokudan shields in the outfitting system, the round looking one.
  • Gralor
    Gralor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd suggest filing a report. This is clearly false advertising and deserves a refund. Don't let them tell you otherwise.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Except that this is apparently not the case with the Yokudan style. Even with the outfitting system, only the tier 1 weapons and shields are available, and they do not match what is previewed in the Crown Store.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Welp, that's a *** move then. Definitely falls under false advetisement.
  • FerrumnCutem
    FerrumnCutem
    ✭✭✭✭
    The 4th tier of Yokudan equipment isn't available to players, only some npc's use it. That's why the IA staves and other Craglorn trial weapons look so lame, because they're meant to be the starter weapons for that style.
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Yokudan_Style
    This site has some picks of how the higher tier weapons are supposed to look. Would be nice if ZoS could look into this since it's a waste of such a cool (and expensive) style.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 4th tier of Yokudan equipment isn't available to players, only some npc's use it. That's why the IA staves and other Craglorn trial weapons look so lame, because they're meant to be the starter weapons for that style.
    This site has some picks of how the higher tier weapons are supposed to look. Would be nice if ZoS could look into this since it's a waste of such a cool (and expensive) style.

Yeah, it's ridiculous that the previews in the Crown Store use the 2nd and 3rd tier weapons, when only the 1st tier is available to players. If they're going to pull a switch like that, then they need to make the information about it readily available and clearly stated IN GAME, in the Crown Store itself, on the sales listing. Customers/players shouldn't have to go to an unofficial, third party website to find out that the items shown with the style we're purchasing aren't going to be available with the style we're purchasing.

I've submitted a ticket on this, but haven't heard anything back. When support replies, do they generally do so via email, via in-game mail, or some other way? Does anyone know?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, it's ridiculous that the previews in the Crown Store use the 2nd and 3rd tier weapons, when only the 1st tier is available to players. If they're going to pull a switch like that, then they need to make the information about it readily available and clearly stated IN GAME, in the Crown Store itself, on the sales listing. Customers/players shouldn't have to go to an unofficial, third party website to find out that the items shown with the style we're purchasing aren't going to be available with the style we're purchasing.

I've submitted a ticket on this, but haven't heard anything back. When support replies, do they generally do so via email, via in-game mail, or some other way? Does anyone know?

If you use the Ask for Help, they reply via email in a very form letter type response. Reply to that, and you might actually get help.

If you used Submit Feedback, I don't believe they reply.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you use the Ask for Help, they reply via email in a very form letter type response. Reply to that, and you might actually get help.

If you used Submit Feedback, I don't believe they reply.

Okay, I did both, so I'll keep an eye on my email then.
  • Gralor
    Gralor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They’ll send you an email. You might have to be persistent though. They like to hide behind bots at first.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did hear back from support, and they helped me find an acceptable resolution.
  • WaterBearer
    WaterBearer
    ✭✭

What was the resolution, if you don't mind me asking? Did they issue a refund? Or were they dead set against that?
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What was the resolution, if you don't mind me asking? Did they issue a refund? Or were they dead set against that?

They did issue a refund, and suggested that I start a thread here on the forums for the devs to see the issue. I had requested that they either issue a refund, or unlock the Tier 2 and Tier 3 weapons and shields for the motif. The latter was obviously not possible for customer support, so refund it was.
  • pixelgeist
    pixelgeist
    Soul Shriven
    What a coincidence !

I am the person who created the thread on reddit about it back then. I had contact with support two times now and on both occasions I have been told that there is no way to refund me. I made a forum account here to report it as a bug to save others from misery but by the time I received the invitation link the motif was gone anyway. Not to mention that the support system is a hassle and seems quite broken as I had to re-send the ticket multiple times.

Coming across this post and seeing someone with the same request receiving a refund is very unsettling. Do not get me wrong I am glad that you had better luck than I did ! I just literally feel scammed.

It really is saddening how you have to release your complaint on social media and force them to react in a way that protects their image. (I hoped that linking my own reddit post and other people mentioning the bug on the forums would have sufficed)

I pretty much allocate all of my spending money on ESO because I really like to support the game and further its development but in the wake of the current disappointing crown season I do not think I will be purchasing any crowns in the future anymore. I know that my individual behaviour is not going to change anything I just wanted share my frustrations with the service.

I am sorry if this sounds very sour. I really do not know what to do.

@Kiyakotari Would you be okay with sending me the conversation you had with your customer agent ?
  • Harkwit
    Harkwit
    ✭✭
    That sattelite shield is Akaviri, if I recall. Tier 1.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harkwit wrote: »
    That sattelite shield is Akaviri, if I recall. Tier 1.

The round shield is Yokudan. Tier one.
    Akaviri tier 1 is also round, but looks very different https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/akaviri/
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Aw! I'd much more rather have the end version of IA staves!
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pity we don't get those Yokudan tier 2 and 3 staves. And all the other weapons and shields, actually.

ZOS, make them a part of the outfit system? Shouldn't be too hard, and the models are already in the game.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pixelgeist wrote: »
    What a coincidence !

I am the person who created the thread on reddit about it back then. I had contact with support two times now and on both occasions I have been told that there is no way to refund me. I made a forum account here to report it as a bug to save others from misery but by the time I received the invitation link the motif was gone anyway. Not to mention that the support system is a hassle and seems quite broken as I had to re-send the ticket multiple times.

Coming across this post and seeing someone with the same request receiving a refund is very unsettling. Do not get me wrong I am glad that you had better luck than I did ! I just literally feel scammed.

It really is saddening how you have to release your complaint on social media and force them to react in a way that protects their image. (I hoped that linking my own reddit post and other people mentioning the bug on the forums would have sufficed)

I pretty much allocate all of my spending money on ESO because I really like to support the game and further its development but in the wake of the current disappointing crown season I do not think I will be purchasing any crowns in the future anymore. I know that my individual behaviour is not going to change anything I just wanted share my frustrations with the service.

I am sorry if this sounds very sour. I really do not know what to do.

@Kiyakotari Would you be okay with sending me the conversation you had with your customer agent ?

That's ridiculous and a really sad lack of consistency in customer care. I'm messaging you.