The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What Jewelry would you craft?

• Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VO :*
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pelinal's, Assasin's Guile, TBS, Hunding's, Innate Axiom, Acuity...

• ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tava's Favor + Hist Bark. The ultimate tanking setup. Pun intended.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Crafting jewelry for existing crafted sets. Not having to keep grinding whatever to get purple jewelry would be great. Have 5 pieces of BSW but not the jewelry? That's fine, got a neck and rings of Julianos right here.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZeroXFF wrote: »
    Tava's Favor + Hist Bark. The ultimate tanking setup. Pun intended.

[Tapes RMB down]
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been wanting to run hundings and shacklebreaker together for ages in pvp.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crafting jewelry for existing crafted sets. Not having to keep grinding whatever to get purple jewelry would be great. Have 5 pieces of BSW but not the jewelry? That's fine, got a neck and rings of Julianos right here.

Most likely it will be jewels from 5 piece sets that are already/will be craftable, or new 3 piece jewel sets, similar to Agility & Willpower.

For dropped sets jewelry is actually the easiest to get, since it only comes in 1 trait and 2 types, and it's half of the loot table, and the other half is 11 weapon types & shield. So mathematically it's about 6 times easier to get jewelry than the right weapon slot not considering traits, since you can now change them. I've spent hours in Darkshade Caverns trying to get Strength of the Automaton daggers and I only got 1 after ~100 runs over the last few weeks, though for some reason I got stacks of staves and bows - at least the latter "dropped intelligently" though they are utterly useless for someone like me who has a at least a Maelstrom one for every char. In the same time I've seen dozens of blue jewels I could have picked. At some point I did farm purple jewels in case I needed them on veteran and got the generic ones after 4-5 runs.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »

Most likely it will be jewels from 5 piece sets that are already/will be craftable, or new 3 piece jewel sets, similar to Agility & Willpower.

For dropped sets jewelry is actually the easiest to get, since it only comes in 1 trait and 2 types, and it's half of the loot table, and the other half is 11 weapon types & shield. So mathematically it's about 6 times easier to get jewelry than the right weapon slot not considering traits, since you can now change them. I've spent hours in Darkshade Caverns trying to get Strength of the Automaton daggers and I only got 1 after ~100 runs over the last few weeks, though for some reason I got stacks of staves and bows - at least the latter "dropped intelligently" though they are utterly useless for someone like me who has a at least a Maelstrom one for every char. In the same time I've seen dozens of blue jewels I could have picked. At some point I did farm purple jewels in case I needed them on veteran and got the generic ones after 4-5 runs.

Hm, yes, that's why I'm still grinding dungeons for necks and rings for 3 sets...soooooo easy to get. You clearly do not understand ZOS rng.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assuming we could apply our own traits to the jewelry, up to three as we can find in the game:
    Reduce Stamina Cost
    Add Stamina
    Increase Physical Damage

If we're only allowed 2:
    Reduce Stamina Cost
    Increase Physical Damage

Two guesses what class I play and the first two don't count. ;)

• Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nothing, excepts if they add new " trait " to jewelry, I don't plan to craft any.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Mayrael wrote: »
    I only hope it won't be hidden behind somekind of paywall... I wan't it to be usual crafting station, placed in every darn city, town or village. I wan't mats to be world wide (Pitbull xD) available. No restrictions, no micropaymets, just add it as a basic content as it should be from the very beginning.

Very likely to be in an expansion package though :/

It still would be ok If someone could buy the DLC and since then craft jewlery without limits, but Im afriad they will implement it in some way like Outfits. Like you need special material to craft jewlery in desired trait available in crown store for just 500 crowns or... you can buy it for 50k gold/drop it from vHM of new trial last boss with a 10% chance :/You see? You can get it in game, we just want you to have an option to choose where you would like to get those mats. #convenience

After the Outfit fiasco this is exactly what I'm afraid of. It has always been one step forwards, two steps back for crafting so far, so I really do hope they do the right thing and let crafters be crafters, even if the jewelry has to be bound to the crafter.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    Hist bark + Trava's favor obviously.

But the main reason is that getting blue SPC, and moondancer upgradable gear is easy but you can't get the rings without the much more difficult Vet difficulty

You wouldn't need the rings to start with if you're new to vmol ... You could go moondancer body and julianos Jewellery ... That's if it's craftable ... has anyone seen a confirmed list of sets yet ?
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    Jewel crafting is a huge change because it makes the dropped sets everyone used before replaceable. So those are going to get changed, or else no-one will keep them. Everything dropped will just get de-constructed or researched.

There will be new sets if/when this happens, and if they compensate on the dropped sets to keep them viable, we may all suddenly switch to dropped-only!

I agree it will be a huge change but I disagree that dropped sets will become garbage. Most players will still go for the combination that offers the best value. Currently everyone is forced to use specific dropped jewelry sets because you cannot craft jewelry and some sets only come with healthy jewelry.

Now both restrictions are off the table, you can craft jewelry AND you can change healthy jewelry to something useful.
    Besides, with the new jewelry traits entirely different combinations could become viable.

All in all, theory craft heaven is about be released upon us.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • AdamskiAlders
    AdamskiAlders
    ✭✭✭
    Flawless Emerald Necklace pretty much identical to the one craftable in Skyrim - I want to swan about in my own version of the Necklace of Girion.