Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What Jewelry would you craft?

• craigr02
    craigr02
    ✭✭✭
    Truthfully it depends, are we going to be able to transmute as well as upgrade? If thats the case tgeres some things i would try just for the sake of trying, like changing soulshine from healthy to magik, then upgrading to gold, then you could viably use that set as a magika dps set. Another thing would be fury, i would change it to robust, and try it. Anyhow, if you cants transmute jewerly, or upgrade i would make hundings for stam and julianos for magika.
  • Bbsample197
    Bbsample197
    ✭✭✭✭
    if jewelry crafting will become a thing on the next expansion or the next dlc alot of ppl would probably go for gold moondancer accessory for mag dps, you dont need to do vet trials anymore good grief!
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    Tava's Favor or Hist Bark so I can pair those sets and top them with a Bloodspawn. Would make a pretty good build for PvP. I'll call it Dragonbunny :)

Hist Bark and Tava's Favor on stam Warden with Shimmering Shield and Heroic Slash.
    Maybe throw in a Decisive weapon and spam those ults like nobody is watching.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many choices. Can't wait until I can play with it.
  • Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure but a set of Julianos jewelry would be nice to have
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of it.

Sabine-Scheer-jewelry-photography-magpie.jpg

Edited by Elsterchen on March 22, 2018 7:29AM
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (1) Julianos + Acuity is a bad combination. 2 of the Juli set bonuses are spell crit, and you want to avoid having a lot of base crit if you're running Acuity.

(2) The datamining suggests that jewelry crafting will work similar to enchantment crafting rather than equipment crafting. I.e., if you want a gold item, you craft a gold item directly using gold mats. You don't craft a white item and upgrade it to gold. This would also mean that you cannot upgrade existing jewelry, so the only source of gold SPC will still be from the golden vendor, and the only source of gold trials jewelry will still be from the final boss of vet trials.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hunding, Julianos, Acuity, NMG, Willow's Path, Shacklebreaker.
    Edited by Mitrenga on March 7, 2018 3:00PM
  • Bbsample197
    Bbsample197
    ✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    (1) Julianos + Acuity is a bad combination. 2 of the Juli set bonuses are spell crit, and you want to avoid having a lot of base crit if you're running Acuity.

(2) The datamining suggests that jewelry crafting will work similar to enchantment crafting rather than equipment crafting. I.e., if you want a gold item, you craft a gold item directly using gold mats. You don't craft a white item and upgrade it to gold. This would also mean that you cannot upgrade existing jewelry, so the only source of gold SPC will still be from the golden vendor, and the only source of gold trials jewelry will still be from the final boss of vet trials.

if thats the case you dont even need to get gold spc or any gold BoP items since you can just craft a gold jewlry julianos or acuity and use the other set on the armor slot
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to be able to combine TBS with Juli on my mag sorc in PVP. Run Spell damage and recovery mundus with TBS and get the raw damage of Juli and spell damage glyphs but also be able to run Witchmothers and have a decent health pool.
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shacklebreaker, without a doubt.
  • Zalicius
    Zalicius
    ✭✭✭
    I would definitely craft my jewelry so I can finally have 2 full sets of crafted gear! :D

I'd also like to see crafted earrings, nose rings, necklaces, headbands and other cosmetic crafted jewelry as individual motifs or something similar.

Maybe even one handed wands and totems B)
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torugs and Julianos
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    craigr02 wrote: »
    Truthfully it depends, are we going to be able to transmute as well as upgrade? If thats the case tgeres some things i would try just for the sake of trying, like changing soulshine from healthy to magik, then upgrading to gold, then you could viably use that set as a magika dps set. Another thing would be fury, i would change it to robust, and try it. Anyhow, if you cants transmute jewerly, or upgrade i would make hundings for stam and julianos for magika.

This is a really good question. Threre's no LOGICAL reason we wouldn't be able to transmute, but with ZOS... who knows?

Personally, I would immediately transmute Reactive jewelry from Healthy to Arcane. This would be a very strong set on my Mag Sorc!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acuity
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to go ahead and see what happens before I care. Even if they do make jewelry crafting possible, it might very well be a gazillion ap or tel var for the mats. Heaven forbid people that want to pvp just do so against each other in a competitive way. Or maybe it takes 50 whatever stones to make the mats and those stones only drop from vet hard mode bosses. Those would really suck and be unreasonable so it's entire possible they go that way.

The big downfall of the jewelry crafting though is that people won't run dungeons nearly as much. That would certainly make it reasonable for ZoS to stick the mats in the undaunted chests. How about a nice perfect roe style drop rate for a gold jewelry mat. It sucks getting 0 roe out of 120 fish, but you know you'll get a few extra here and there. If you fish a bunch most people get it back. But how about 100 keys with no gold mats. Also, my solo dungeon career is done if they go that way. And the fake tank thing will explode beyond what you thought possible.

Keep your pants on until something is announced. Then still think nothing of it until you see it on the PTS.
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mechanical acuity and twiceborn

....for pvp O.o
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None, and logically speaking, jewelry crafting has almost 0 use for pve since good pve non crafted sets are already arcane/robust. Pvp is only place it has any real use.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d 100% always run Julianos+Kagrenac’s Hope except if in a score run :) that setup would be perfect for almost any PvE content!
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    I’d 100% always run Julianos+Kagrenac’s Hope except if in a score run :) that setup would be perfect for almost any PvE content!

I already do Destruction Mastery + Kag on my alt accounts that I don't want to grind gear for since Kag is craftable and I can get 5p Destruction Mastery after spending 15 minutes shopping guild traders. As far "bang-for-the-buck" goes, it's a really lovely setup. Juli+Kag would be another really strong contender in this easy-yet-effective category, I'd imagine.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i really don't care if craftable or not, i am using two dropped anyway.

all i care for jewels it to be able to upgrade them to gold. Cuz the Cryodill vendor gives something useful once a few months (why don't they make it change its items table every 3-4 days, ugh).
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would craft jewellery that does 1 million oblivion damage to anyone making forum posts about crafting jewellery
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This definitely makes the most sense, and creates a system that I think is a perfect compromise. The market for the golden merchant and vet trial jewelry will still be there for folks who run two dropped sets and still need a source of non-crafted gold jewelry, but offer a ton more build flexibility for those who prefer crafted sets or are simply unable to obtain gold jewelry in the current system.

I had long debated with people that treating jewelcrafting the same as weapon/armor crafting would never happen because of the ability to improve dropped jewelry. Assuming the datamined system is as you suggest, they have effectively skirted that problem and makes the chances of jewelcrafting being implemented much more plausible.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

I already do Destruction Mastery + Kag on my alt accounts that I don't want to grind gear for since Kag is craftable and I can get 5p Destruction Mastery after spending 15 minutes shopping guild traders. As far "bang-for-the-buck" goes, it's a really lovely setup. Juli+Kag would be another really strong contender in this easy-yet-effective category, I'd imagine.

Yeah, this could be fun. I might have to try Acuity + Kags, since Kags gives no spell crit.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Well, NMG + Hundings comes to mind.

Thats the possibly best stamina dps build you can have without using dropped sets. Being able to go that route would help a lot of people who can't easily farm dungeons and trials.

But what would the Magic equivalent be? There is no magic version of Nightmother's.

Imo HR TBS would prob end up in higher dps than HR NMG.

PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craft what I want. Though some crafters would go bug nuts over every set. Some people like "All of the things".
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• alifesoft
    alifesoft
    ✭✭
    If or when it becomes available, which sets would you craft for Jewelry and what would your new setup look like?

Armor of the Seducer + Magnus' Gift for PVE and Dung
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep your pants on until something is announced. Then still think nothing of it until you see it on the PTS.

And then continue to think nothing of it until it's released, because you know they're going to monetize it out of all proportion to what people are willing to pay somehow. :/
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think players should be aware that jewelry crafting may not just be - all craftable sets suddenly available to make into jewelry as well as armor and weapons. Not saying it won't be, or that I don't want it to be, but it could very well be "here are ten new sets you can craft jewelry of" that are only 2/3 piece sets similar to how Agility/Willpower/Endurance work. So personally I'm trying to be reserved until more news comes out.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jewel crafting is a huge change because it makes the dropped sets everyone used before replaceable. So those are going to get changed, or else no-one will keep them. Everything dropped will just get de-constructed or researched.

There will be new sets if/when this happens, and if they compensate on the dropped sets to keep them viable, we may all suddenly switch to dropped-only!