The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How About Some New PvP Maps ZOS

Palidon
Palidon
✭✭✭✭✭
ZOS don't you think its time to introduce some new PvP Maps? Maybe associated with some new campaigns. The existing maps have been in use since beta. Heck they are starting to gather cobwebs.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They just introduced new BGs that look very similar to the old BGs. What more could you ask for, i mean seriously. Their are so many varieties of a circle, why would you want a rectangle?
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BGs free ZOS from really having to look at Cyrodiil ever again. That is their purpose. This way they can keep saying that they're constantly introducing new PvP content if they reskin a BG or two now and then.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like it if different campaigns had different maps.

Hell I'd even be fine with dividing cyro in different parts and assigning each part to a different campaign. I mean we have so much empty space in cyro that doesn't get used, we don't really need "new maps".
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmmmm, funny how obvious these things are to the player base...

time to wake up zos, battlegrounds are not comparable to cyrodiil - at all...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    hmmmm, funny how obvious these things are to the player base...

time to wake up zos, battlegrounds are not comparable to cyrodiil - at all...

They could have been useful, with some way to customize GvG's...but the Dungeon Finder 2.0 is just pointless.
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not a static world map zone that is pvp enabled.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »
    ZOS don't you think its time to introduce some new PvP Maps? Maybe associated with some new campaigns. The existing maps have been in use since beta. Heck they are starting to gather cobwebs.

We have new maps in BGs.

Being that Cyrodiil is part of the base game Zos isn’t going to do a huge new map for it for free.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Palidon wrote: »

We have new maps in BGs.

Being that Cyrodiil is part of the base game Zos isn’t going to do a huge new map for it for free.

"Maps" is a stretch, more like rooms.
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd really love a new Cyrodiil sized map. I'd happily pay for it.. I like large scale PvP much more than small scale. BGs unfortunately hold no interest for me.
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »

Logistically a nightmare, but imagine how fun it would be to lay siege to Mournhold. Or to call open field fights in the swamps of Shadowfen. Or to dump oil on the heads of your enemies from the branches of Elden Root.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So want this, even if zos just repurposed a zone would be great new eye candy
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what's seriously funny? Imperial City is so pointless now that no one has even brought it up as an option for PvP in ages.
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope we get some PVP DLC
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Open world PvP zone of the current pve zones. Each campaign is a new zone on the map and the town and cities you fight for points.

You have to siege and take over the castle in the city to have control. If it's a DC zone then they start with ownership and AD and EP come over on boats and evade the map taking towns and delves. The next campaign would just switch to AD with DC and EP coming to take over.
    Edited by FloppyTouch on March 7, 2018 6:17AM
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally would love to see 1-2 new PvP maps, they could just rotate after each campaign ends! But this would take valuable resources away from ZoS's efforts to reskin mounts to sell in the crown store...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

War in Pyandonea, perhaps? Big island to explore, with pvp enabled.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pubgs still in alpha stage but already has a second map released (size and details comparable to Cyrodiil).
    TESO is fully released since 4 years and still in the same map.

:D
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the point of new open PvP maps actually ? It would just spread numbers on different maps yet people would mostly do the same things there which are sieges , zerg vs zerg and small scale fights only with different landscapes. I can understand introducing new BG's maps and new match types but in open PvP idea and goals are usually the same so what new maps would actually add ? Adding new map just for adding it is pointless. If current map feels rusty or repeatable there is plenty of things that can be done to revive and improve it especially with that large map like Cyrodill is. In my opinion that should be the goal not just adding new map which after few months or maybe weeks will share the same issues with previous one.
    Edited by Juhasow on March 7, 2018 6:41PM
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    What is the point of new open PvP maps actually ? It would just spread numbers on different maps yet people would mostly do the same things there which are sieges , zerg vs zerg and small scale fights only with different landscapes. I can understand introducing new BG's maps and new match types but in open PvP idea and goals are usually the same so what new maps would actually add ? Adding new map just for adding it is pointless. If current map feels rusty or repeatable there is plenty of things that can be done to revive and improve it especially with that large map like Cyrodill is. In my opinion that should be the goal not just adding new map which after few months or maybe weeks will share the same issues with previous one.

Not add new maps, remove Cyrodiil and add a new one. Story moves on to a different chapter.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't it be better to have a single dynamic map that changes with new releases rather than spend many times more effort making a new one from scratch? I get it from a player pov, but I doubt there is the budget for it.

Lets see some Cyrodiil map improvements. Put some new outposts, renovate existing keeps, new types of siege (ladders?!?), the possibilities are endless.

Make a siege bag and put it in the crown store, everyone I know would buy one so this will cover your expenses.

Problem solved.
    PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
    Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
    KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
    TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    As long as ZOS can not monetize Cyrodiil well they will not bother investing major resources into that area.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »

Not add new maps, remove Cyrodiil and add a new one. Story moves on to a different chapter.

Umm there is literally zero logic in Youir 1st phrase. Instead of adding map just add a map ?

About removing Cyrodill good luck with explaining that to every new player that will join game after that and wont be able to get plenty of achievements , skyshards and lorebooks from there. Also good luck with explaining to most of the community why suddenly huge part of Tamriel area is no longer available to explore. It's super illogical idea from every aspect starting from lore and ending on character progression. What next we'll be removing trials and dungeons because it becamed boring ?
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had an idea. How about an alternate what if dystopian cyrodiil where the plane meld actually happened.
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    As long as ZOS can not monetize Cyrodiil well they will not bother investing major resources into that area.

But it can and does. For example, gear matters and also sells DLCs.
    Edited by JamilaRaj on March 9, 2018 1:44AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS improve Cyrodiil? Bro they can’t even get it to function properly never mind add more.
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or how about they utilize the 75% of Cyrodiil which goes unvisited by PvPers first?
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »

Umm there is literally zero logic in Youir 1st phrase. Instead of adding map just add a map ?

About removing Cyrodill good luck with explaining that to every new player that will join game after that and wont be able to get plenty of achievements , skyshards and lorebooks from there. Also good luck with explaining to most of the community why suddenly huge part of Tamriel area is no longer available to explore. It's super illogical idea from every aspect starting from lore and ending on character progression. What next we'll be removing trials and dungeons because it becamed boring ?

open cyrodiil up for pve - that would make a lot of them big dollar players happy...

cyrodiil is way too big for us now anyway...yeah, plane meld us away some where else...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anrose wrote: »

Logistically a nightmare, but imagine how fun it would be to lay siege to Mournhold. Or to call open field fights in the swamps of Shadowfen. Or to dump oil on the heads of your enemies from the branches of Elden Root.

Something like that would be great. Leave our tree alone though, thats AD's safe zone ;)

Besides its a tree, everyone wood burn or die of smoke inhalation

Edited by Goshua on March 9, 2018 2:57AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or how about they utilize the 75% of Cyrodiil which goes unvisited by PvPers first?

my dream hae always been to have a huge AvAvA in cheydinhal...

some of my favorite fights are in thoae small group of buildings south of aleswell on the way to the mill and next to the aleswell farm...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by geonsocal on March 9, 2018 3:17AM