The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How About Some New PvP Maps ZOS

• Fel
    Fel
    ✭✭✭
    so cute how some ppl still waste their time thinking about some improvements to the game :D
    all zenimax is interested in, is milking that cow as Long as they can by releasing DLC with enough incentives for Players to spend Money on it.
    all ppl can do is stop bothering and do the same Thing and try to enjoy it as Long as they can until a better game Comes along.
    just look what happened with imperial City DLC and stop asking zenimax for improvements
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    considering eso already uses tech to make multiple instances of overland zones depending on population requirements why not use the same tech to make a PVP enabled instance that players can que for, PVP version has physical exists from the zone locked by shield walls and entry/exit only from wayshrines (same as cyrodiil), make it a specific zone per week or whatever campaign duration to manage server resources if necessary. oh and completely separate from cyrodiil, none of this shared population rubbish >:)

ps. ZO$ whole system could be packed as a PVP DLC ;)
    Edited by Zaldan on March 9, 2018 11:25AM
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »
    ZOS don't you think its time to introduce some new PvP Maps? Maybe associated with some new campaigns. The existing maps have been in use since beta. Heck they are starting to gather cobwebs.

but the war is still going on!
    Why you wanna run away?
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open world PvP zone of the current pve zones. Each campaign is a new zone on the map and the town and cities you fight for points.

You have to siege and take over the castle in the city to have control. If it's a DC zone then they start with ownership and AD and EP come over on boats and evade the map taking towns and delves. The next campaign would just switch to AD with DC and EP coming to take over.

That's alot of work for zos so we will never see it. But, BUT, I absolutely love this idea.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    Juhasow wrote: »
    frozywozy wrote: »
    What is the point of new open PvP maps actually ? It would just spread numbers on different maps yet people would mostly do the same things there which are sieges , zerg vs zerg and small scale fights only with different landscapes. I can understand introducing new BG's maps and new match types but in open PvP idea and goals are usually the same so what new maps would actually add ? Adding new map just for adding it is pointless. If current map feels rusty or repeatable there is plenty of things that can be done to revive and improve it especially with that large map like Cyrodill is. In my opinion that should be the goal not just adding new map which after few months or maybe weeks will share the same issues with previous one.

Not add new maps, remove Cyrodiil and add a new one. Story moves on to a different chapter.

Umm there is literally zero logic in Youir 1st phrase. Instead of adding map just add a map ?

About removing Cyrodill good luck with explaining that to every new player that will join game after that and wont be able to get plenty of achievements , skyshards and lorebooks from there. Also good luck with explaining to most of the community why suddenly huge part of Tamriel area is no longer available to explore. It's super illogical idea from every aspect starting from lore and ending on character progression. What next we'll be removing trials and dungeons because it becamed boring ?

open cyrodiil up for pve - that would make a lot of them big dollar players happy...

cyrodiil is way too big for us now anyway...yeah, plane meld us away some where else...

Cyrodill is opened up for PvE.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open world PvP zone of the current pve zones. Each campaign is a new zone on the map and the town and cities you fight for points.

You have to siege and take over the castle in the city to have control. If it's a DC zone then they start with ownership and AD and EP come over on boats and evade the map taking towns and delves. The next campaign would just switch to AD with DC and EP coming to take over.

Radiculous idea that fortunetly will never happen as zenimax devs said few times. PvE maps are for PvE players. PvP maps for PvP players period. By keeping it simple as that zenimax saves lot of peoples frustration.
    Edited by Juhasow on March 9, 2018 1:44PM
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Radiculous idea that fortunetly will never happen as zenimax devs said few times. PvE maps are for PvE players. PvP maps for PvP players period. By keeping it simple as that zenimax saves lot of peoples frustration.

I don't think he's saying mix the two, he saying make a new pvp campaign that uses these locations. Don't be so negative dude.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    frozywozy wrote: »
    What is the point of new open PvP maps actually ? It would just spread numbers on different maps yet people would mostly do the same things there which are sieges , zerg vs zerg and small scale fights only with different landscapes. I can understand introducing new BG's maps and new match types but in open PvP idea and goals are usually the same so what new maps would actually add ? Adding new map just for adding it is pointless. If current map feels rusty or repeatable there is plenty of things that can be done to revive and improve it especially with that large map like Cyrodill is. In my opinion that should be the goal not just adding new map which after few months or maybe weeks will share the same issues with previous one.

Not add new maps, remove Cyrodiil and add a new one. Story moves on to a different chapter.

Umm there is literally zero logic in Youir 1st phrase. Instead of adding map just add a map ?

About removing Cyrodill good luck with explaining that to every new player that will join game after that and wont be able to get plenty of achievements , skyshards and lorebooks from there. Also good luck with explaining to most of the community why suddenly huge part of Tamriel area is no longer available to explore. It's super illogical idea from every aspect starting from lore and ending on character progression. What next we'll be removing trials and dungeons because it becamed boring ?

open cyrodiil up for pve - that would make a lot of them big dollar players happy...

cyrodiil is way too big for us now anyway...yeah, plane meld us away some where else...

Cyrodill is opened up for PvE.

I mean without someone sitting in stealth next to some apple basket just waiting for you to open up a dialogue with nelerien so they can snipe spam ya to death...

it's been a couple of years now since i've done any of the town quests - but, i do remember that being a thing...
    Edited by geonsocal on March 9, 2018 10:52PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a lot of the comments in this tread are getting away from the title subject. What I was asking for was some new PvP maps for Cyrodill to go along with maybe some new campaigns. Not to change PvP in anyway just some new maps. With these maps incorporate new terrain features, keep names and locations, bridges, gates etc. New towns and delves. That's it.