The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Filthy Casual: Tales of Woe & Despair with Occasional Triumphant Conquest

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    VMOL Progression is Finished!

This has been a long going process, but it’s finally over. I know how to do VMOL now. I have Earned a skin. It feels good. Everyone I’ve progressed with are good people and players. Everyone contributes. There’s no free ride. Everyone in the Progression has gotten a clear now, from start to finish. That’s important. I think.

We know how to do the twins. I’ve been a runner. We skip Lunar phase with superior DPS.

So It Began

From the start, wiping on the first boss over and over. To now one shotting that. Even some weeks after knowing what to do there. Still occasionally wiping. No more.

The hairy moments in the following trash fights....can still get hairy at times, but usually we arrive victorious.

The Twins

We use strategy commonly known as Originals

This is a time consuming battle. It took about 6 weeks to learn this fight and get it hammered down solid. We have gone in and one shotted it on the first pull now. It takes about 5 or 6 minutes of excellence from all 12 players to pull this off.

Losing focus here by any one player can quickly and easily cause a whole group wipe. It is very difficult to recover if even just one person goes down.

It will take awhile to get conversions down so your not blowing each other up. Like a real long time seriously.

Then to find a tactic for prayer phase. We end up going with originals. We tried right right no originals. It was just the best to insure placement of Healers and coordinating the fight efficiently.

So two teams starts out on one boss each. During the fight, 3 random players get converted from each side and they have to switch bosses. This is where blowing each other up starts. Anyways, during prayer phase, you run back over to the boss you started with. If you converted, you’re already there.

Tanks would normally already be doing this, but it helps to get the Healers back on track if they converted or not. So you don’t have two Healers on the same side for an extended time. It’s really tough for them to get heals and purges and stuff needed for the fight.

After each prayer phase, ads come out in sequences of 1 1, 2 2, 3 3. For us it goes 1 1, 2, 3. Generally they die in AOE until you get 3 ads. Then you have to focus them down somewhat quick. It’s 3 per boss. So there’s 6 ads in total.

By this time one of the bosses is near ready to die. When it does go down, colors go away and everyone needs to bum rush the last boss while the other tank try’s to take the ads away. It’s complete chaos, but somewhat controlled.

Sure, 90k DPS players would help here, but you’re still not skipping game mechanics with it.

So. About six weeks to really hammer down that fight. This is why no one should care if you hit 105k DPS but you’re a butthole that no one wants to play with. Got to be able to get along with people. Someone’s gonna blow you up. Maybe the same person over and over. They’ll get it. Just give time.

Next Stop Rakkat

So. After finally clearing the Twins you think it’s smooth sailing and all is easy peasy now. It is not. There’s a few more mob/trash fights that can go really bad if they get out of hand. Persistence will get you through this.

Now to Rakkat. This fight is something else. When we finally got here at first we’re thinking “YES! It’s in the bag now!” We got this!

Uhm, well....we didn’t. This was more progression needed. I thaught I had the runners route down solid. I was off. Had to get those straightened out. Could catch a break and get the run, then the front side is wiped for reasons.

There’s about 5 or 6 mechanics things going on all at the same time, but it feels like a million things going on when it’s happening.

Being a runner on Vet is quite different than normal. There’s things back there that can kill you now. Things that slow you down when your already on a tight schedule. It’s just way more difficult.

Players get infected with bombs. They got to go hide in a corner. There’s orbs that need to be pulled out of group. Tanks can only take two hits from hulks, then the third one insta kills them.

It takes awhile to realize wth is going on and how to deal with it, and any player making mistakes can easily cause group wipe. So everyone learns how to do it.

Not that I or anyone would want to At the end, I think everyone in the group could go on to lead another group, because everyone has to learn this fight inside out. Beginning to end. We have a fantastic leader and great group chemistry. You couldn’t put up with bad apples for this long.

And We’re Not Even Finished🥴

Still need to get that Dro’Mathra Destroyer Title. That’s Hard Mode....Yikes!

TL/DR;

It took 13 weeks.

• Lyss1991
    Lyss1991
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are absolutely right, Kyle! We have an amazing team! I’ll blow up with you any day my friend ;) On to vHoF!
    PS4 NA EST June 2016 | GM of Tamriel’s Outkasts Social Guild | Main - Assylah - Max CP Breton Mag Sorc - Master Angler - Mageslayer - Shehai Shatterer - Ophidian Overlord | Best Thief in Tamriel - Khajiit NB Purrfecta Meowna | Aspiring Master Crafter | Achievement Hunter | Recipe/Blueprint Enthusiast | Costume Junkie | Primary Residence - Princely Dawnlight Palace
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DLC PUGS For Me!

I can’t stop myself from pugging Random. It’s a bad addiction. But I’ve had some excellent runs recently, if I could share.

Vet White Gold Tower

This one was rare. 485 CP tank, and 3 Flawless Conquer max level DPS, myself included. There was no reason to harass the fake healer.

2 Nightblades and me on a Stamplar. I used Barrier as my Ult. We absolutely Smoked the dungeon start to finish.

Did not even bother with portal orbs on the Planar Inhibitor. Just nuked her where she stood.

It was so freaking great. The whole experience took about ten minutes. I wish they could all be like this.

March of Sacrifices

Well, for this one I’m on a Warden Tank, so perspectives may be a little different. One max level Nightblade DPS, 2 sub-500’s the healer comes clean and says he’s actually a DPS. I’m alright with this. I want more damage anyways. And they needed it probably more so than heals.

In typical Pug fashion no one is on mic communicating. This is ok too. First fight is rough. I died. A lot. Needed some heal. They needed to kill stuff much quicker. This was gonna be interesting. Had to swap some gears out. Alkosh was generally worthless, so Leeching plate worked much better.

So next we wipe to sea lurches and thunder mauls. These guys really need to work on picking out priority targets and focus killing them down quickly.

Now there’s this Spriggans boss with seasonal Lurchers. There is an actual mechanic to play here, but most groups usually just nuke her down real quick. Well, I got a Synergy and stood in the right colored circle as I knew there were gonna be problems getting enough burn here.

And then, yeah everyone dies but me. I get one up just in time before the next lurcher comes out. He gets the rest of the group up.( the boss has 200k health left) really he could have finished off the boss no problem.

But here we are.

Man. This is rough. I go through here with some guildies and it’s like a 20 minute run. Even with three DPS, this is taking forever.

The Indrik boss. Mmm mmm mmm. This guy. We had it down to less than %4 health 3 times and wiped. Believe me, I was bashing away trying to get that last 100k Damage.

Anyways, we finally beat it and my 810 DD has to go. Group finder gets us a replacement pretty quick. 500 something or other CP Nightblade.

Well, we made it this far; might as well see it through.

It’s been like an hour in here. So I suggest running to the last boss, wiping to the ads and going on in.

It sounded good in my head, but the stupid doors wouldn’t open up til you beat all the trash. So we had to beat all the WereWolf and archers and ads and mobs, then go through.

I’m already nervous how long this fight is gonna take. One these nubs want to see hardmode. Like, have you not been in there this whole dungeon run?! Really think you have any chance of a HM complete?!#%

Well we got to %60 and that is kind of good, but I’d been in here for a bit too long at this point. So like with time and a bit of practice they could might maybe pull it off, BUT THIS IS A RANDOM!!

Well, hardmode training does seem to make normal vet seem infinitely easier, and we got it done the very next pull.

A few times, I find myself being the only one left alive, but this fight is very possible to recover from. Many are not so easy to recover if even one member dies.

I believe that was probably the first time any of these guys beat this dungeon on Vet. So that was kind of a good feels

I learned a good bit about tanking on a warden. My trees Ultimate is a GodSend lifesaver. Everything about this fight says meta gear tanking is poopoo for this group. Diddnt get a single Synergy for Alkosh. Ebon was not needed.

Leeching worked fantastic for me, but battalions defender could had been even better for the group. I did use Tourgs, so that kind of helped.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vMoS, what pugs taught me. As a tank, always roll dodge heavy attacks makes it soo much easier, first to last boss thats the most incoming damage, so a lot of heavy attacks to keep up resources help, you almost never need to hold block (maybe spriggan boss with the annoying adds).
    Now for spriggan boss, i will teach you a trick, dds dont know mechanics? No problem, before explosion, pop up barrier. People will survive (if a dd does it even better, the barrier will be even stronger). Blood altar helps dds. They just need to learn to press synergy. 3rd boss is still cheesable. Just keep him away from walls so the fire wont murder dds. Last boss... Honestly after doing hm a lot of times it feels like a joke, but waiting till dds get used to it is a thing. Just try to have everyone alive at 20%, cause adds wont stop spawning
    Edited by zvavi on June 29, 2019 4:03PM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Necromancer

Like many people, I’m leveling undaunted and mages guild, and fighters guild on my new character. Got to 50 fairly quick with many skill lines a long ways off.

So I’m doing daily quest’s, randoms and anything in between. I have a tendency to play the under dog, so Magic Necromancer is right up my alley. She is Psijic level 10, Stormproof, Max Level, Geared Good and Gold.

Supposedly the second worst DPS in the game, but I really like this character!

Undaunted Daily Dungeons

You stand to gain a fair amount of undaunted experience doing these so I try to knock them all out.

I que as a healer. No Resto stave, but I do use life amid death, Braided tether, the healing wraith dude, and Barrier as an ultimate.

That was enough to get me through Vet Maelstrom, so should be good for dungeons and stuff? Especially normal.

Let the Adventures Begin

Kick it off with a random City of Ash2

Straight away, this group has one of them dancing tanks. He doesn’t seem to know priority targets. Has roughly 25k health. All of them are around CP 300 ish then me. We can do this.

I had to lay down some guidelines for the tank. His dancing was irritating the f out of me. “ Just grab the 2H and the bosses” that’s it. Really all I need from a tank in here.

So on it goes relatively without a hiccup. One the DPS keeps dying. Same one. I dont know what he’s doing. We finish up and all is well. I thank them and roll out for the next dungeon.

Elden Hollow 1 normal

Well this should be a piece of cake. Two Lowbies, and a 300 ish tank. Whatever, it’s normal. The whole thing start to finish takes 7 minutes.

Somebody might have died along the way I don’t recall.

But the tank is whispering me how I am trash. after it’s done.

I don’t get it. Not sure how to respond. He says I can only do normal because I’m so bad.

This guy is really starting to get under my skin. Then he says he carried me through here because reasons. Some people just won’t be happy no matter what you do I guess.

Vet Cradle of Shadows & Falkreath Hold

Gets done without a problem. I needed to validate myself after that last altercation. Magic Necromancer is good. It’s fun to play. I wish the scythe was more a single target spammable, cause it has cool animation.

I went in and whooped up on the 6 mil dummy, hit 28k. For a healer, I think this not so bad really. As a tank, I’m not kicking someone out the group that hits 28k. I’ve seen much much worse.

A Guild Needs A Runner for VMOL

HeHeHe. I just so happen to know how to run in VMOL! Well, left side anyways. So I have to swap toons out and when I arrive the group is anxiously awaiting. Change out a few skills. Little bit of gear. Go in and get-r-done!

Well actually I caused an accidental wipe or two having streak in the wrong place on bar, it goes off trying to hit Synergy and A BIG F...streak right off a cliff. Oops. Triangle or circle is very bad place to put streak my PS4 brethren.

I found out this was somewhat a carry group. There was a guy maybe two, that had never done VMOL, but was there from beginning to end. So in essence its a full complete. Earned. No charge. From me anyways.

Kind of the way I thaught it should go from the beginning. Your friends go through there and learn so they can then show you how to do it and bring you through. Well, that never happened for me😧

But I just finished a 13 week long progression VMOL. So I could help other people get through there. You’re kind of skipping 3 months of learning. It just creates mixed feelings is all. In the end, I’m glad I could help and not be just another skin seller.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Queued for cradle of shadows. I didn't have time to watch a video to see how to do it. I have done it previously but over a year ago and forgot everything.
    Got in a group as inexperienced as me the other night.
    At first we didn't know to stay in the light so that took a few goes.
    Then we kept getting slammed by Velidreth when she does that drop down from high up. We went around in circles doing the same thing and getting sucked into the other zone around five times before we figured out to stay still when she did it. She even tells you to stay still.
    Despite that the group were great and really pleasant and good to be around and we managed in the end.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My draft got nerffed/ deleted!? Get me an Admin!? Maybe it just lagged out. Arrow to the knee maybe?

♪♪♪ Baby come back ♪♪♪

Shoot!#?

Well, what’s going on Men and Mer and everything in between? It’s been a little while since I caught up with ya’ll. I’ve been having a heck of a rough time lately. My progression group seems to be moving on or taking a breather on the DroMathra Destroyers. Haven’t been able to beat VMOL again since many new faces join every run.

Been getting my head screwed off in VSS trying to learn this place. Still haven’t beat it. Though they say this is the easier trial now. What do they know?

PS4 elitism is at an all time high. Yep. Your supposed to have like 65k DPS to join a group to do anything nowadays. These knuckleheads will tell you it’s so easy and actually quite low. WTF#!? I get that on like one carry class toon. Whatever happened to 30k was good? No one knows what’s going on anymore.

People still finding creative new ways to scam other people out of their hard earned pixels. It’s truly comical. On both sides.

Ran into an old friend that came back for Elsweyr. She bugging me to get the silver surfer skin. How can I explain that the game is still crap and you can’t just throw together a group and get it done. Logically, she thinks this stuff is older and should be easy by now. ffs it’s like they’re making this game for the top 10 PC guilds and nevermind everyone else that might ever try to play.

What can they do to Make Tamriel Great Again? Add in a simple 100k DPS rotation you don’t have to get sweaty for. Feels like you’re throwing everything but the kitchen sink at this dummy to hit 20k, while some other dude can stand there and simply pet Sorc heavy attack to the same damage!

Well enough of that. Let’s tell some Stories

I don’t have a real healer per say, but I often que random as a healer. Shoot me. Have Vigor, Barrier, maybe some class skill that provides a Synergy. I’ve been yelled at, reported, cussed, cursed, called names etc...but usually things go well so it’s ok in my book, see no reason to change.

So on my 2H/Bow Necromancer I got CoA2 & Banished Cells 2 the other day. I’m in here with an 810 tank, Cp 170 DPS and CP 300ish DPS. Freaking nuked them both. Valkyn Skoria Hardmode Dead on the second Pad and BC2 we had to wait around for some Deadroth to spawn to get the Hardmode. The tank knew what was going on. Toot my own horn, I might had been carrying a little.

These original dungeons are done right IMO. Even the hardest of them are balanced more appropriately to the general skill of the masses. DLC’s, not so much.

I’d be interested to see what eso logs look like for console compared to PC DLC completes last quarter. And trials too.

Sorry, I got sidetracked

Swapping toons to my Warden Tank, que into a Bloodroot Forge in progress. Yay freaking me. They’re only at the second boss. And it’s no wonder. Nothing was dying fast here. The stranglers were out of control. The boss wasn’t taking much damage.

These guys needed my direction. Follow me Boys!

Every GD fight has to be forever long with this crew. I’m resing, they’re resing, you know, that Necro Res Ult could had been useful here.

Just do the mechanics and let the boss die to AOE or dots or something. Why does this dungeon always come up when I Tank? Earthgores not even good anymore. None of the other sets are any good. It’s like they wait to torture Kyle with pooptastic DLC runs.

We’re slugging it out all the way through here. No freaking idea how we made it past Gibalchabar, the giant Minotaur dude. Just played mechanics. Because we sure weren’t skipping none.

I was getting nervous at the last boss. Them anvil crack ers will eat you away if the DD can’t kill the freaking things. They did it! Probably maybe 20k DPS as a group but they did mechanics ok and got it done. Man I’m beat. This was an hour and half in here and I’d had been toast and thrown in the towel long ago if it weren’t for this OP tanking gear of Leaching/Plague Doctor. If you pug stuff, you need this in your life.

New Event Warning

Orsinium Anniversary Event starts today. Double drops, ticket vouchers, new indrik nuts to collect. Get it done.

See ya around Tamriel friends!

• Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So this thread is basically one guy mainly telling himself how great he is while hunched over a speeding fist?

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I Love the “hunched over a speeding fist” part. Gonna have to work that into a conversation soon. It go’s well with the “ not holding your mouth right” I’ve been recently introduced to.

But in case you didn't really notice, I’m pretty Terrible most times. Lol
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So this thread is basically one guy mainly telling himself how great he is while hunched over a speeding fist?

All The Best

There's always got to be one of these guys.

- Signed fanofkylewwefan
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Out Takes

Apparently I’ve been gushing over my greatness too much lately, and I need to share the blunders. This gets complicated as most this comes from higher level trials progression. Failing here is expected. A lot. Like every day. Several times a day.

There’s an age joke that goes like: trip and fall down in public. If everyone is laughing at you, you’re still young. If they come rushing to see if you’re ok, you’re old af.

Things get old in progressions quick. The pets aggroing stuff. An accidental misfire starting a fight. Conversions at the twins fight in VMOL. Tank rolling off a cliff in AA. Anyone rolling off a cliff. The group is wiped and this f!#? Re!#!? Tank refuses to go down and restart the fight. That sh#! Gets old quick.

There’s plenty of funny’s though. Like our half baked Healers “I was just trying to hit this blun#, wasn’t ready for that” or
    “ hey man, pizza man just came at the door brb” and that was the good pull.

The “Dad” voice comes out yelling at a bunch of screaming kids. “Daddy’s Playing!” “You Knock it off”

After 30 pulls on the twins, and the frustration is kicking in...healer says “I’m so Baked” I must be doing this wrong or something. If I did trials blunders drinking games, I’d be dead. Like physically dead.

I got up to do something, my daughter takes my controller and starts a fight. I come back to the group in big battle. She asks me “why’d you died?” I said “I didn’t died, you died” some groups might not have found that so funny. I guess you had to be there.

Anyone I’ve ever played with knows I’m gonna have to go move my car or take out the trash right in the middle of a boss fight. Sorry guys, I am not talking back to my wife on this one.

The people make these bad situations comical.

It’s So Easy

Despite the über’s telling everyone how easy this stuff is, it’s not. It’s fun working on harder content and learning, but it’s not easy at all. It gets tough learning and performing. And getting it done right every single time. Every single time.

When someone dies in vet trials, it’s really hard to recover. When a Support role goes down, it can easily cause a group wipe.

Everyone that plays eventually gets to the point they think they’re pretty good. And by all means you are. Good enough to get into a good group and start working on hard vet content.

This is the catch with endgame.

Getting a good group together is incredibly difficult. And then getting them to keep coming back to work on things. It’s really freaking hard if not next to impossible.

Because you’re not gonna beat any of these harder vet trials your first run through. Everyone needs to learn them. And it’s incredibly time consuming. You need replacements because some people aren’t able to make it one day. Then the replacements have to get brought up to speed. You need to cycle everyone through so they have an idea what’s going on.

It’s a never ending cycle in this game.

When They’re Not Around

Now, this awesome group of players you progress with isn’t always around and available. I rarely play with the progression team outside of progression. I’m Filthy Casual as it gets. Group finder pug, zone call outs, guild call outs; I do it all.

I’ll play with anyone. And talk about how great or awful you are. Never name n shame, but I’ll tell.

Like my dragon knight healer friend. Why aren’t these a more common thing in eso? Possibly the best healer I know. Or my other friend. That puts on any new piece of gear that drops for him and can’t understand why he does so poorly? Don’t tell me how to play my game you elitist prick. He’s great though.

Anyways, a very large portion of the time I play is with complete random strangers. You never know what to expect. I’m not the best player in the world, but not bad. Occasionally I’ll get a group that makes me feel like a noob. These are something to be cherished.

Most times, the best I can do is offer moral support or lead progressions through Fungal Grotto 1 normal.

Well, I hope that clears things up a little

See ya round Tamriel

Kyle

• Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Awesome stories as always @kylewwefan Keep em coming!
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I Love the “hunched over a speeding fist” part. Gonna have to work that into a conversation soon. It go’s well with the “ not holding your mouth right” I’ve been recently introduced to.

But in case you didn't really notice, I’m pretty Terrible most times. Lol

Now, don't get me wrong.

I love reading your posts.

Dripping with sarcasm and wit, I was just trying to add some of a different brand.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I Got The Sweetest Compliment

I was gonna start this as it’s own thread, but it seemed good enough to jot down here. The weekend random grinds is some of my best entertainment in this game. Some good, Some bad; as always, it’s something to do. I often Tank or DPS/heal hybrid esque’

Ruins of Mazzatun, oh how I loathe thee. Fortunately, I do know this dungeon inside out and even better now; they’ve somewhat nerffed it into obscurity.

So we’re going along skipping and killing mobs and stuff pretty easy to the first boss. After that this somewhat apprehensive mature lady voice pops on mic “ can anyone hear me?” So I turn it on and say yes. She goes on about she can do anything, but skipping to the last boss hack. If we need to kick her, do it now.

I’ve no idea what she’s talking about, I thaught they fixed that. Then she goes off mic, but still listening. Man, now I have to like lead a group and stuff. I wanted to remain anonymous. Oh well.

Oh yeah, I’m tanking this one btw. We get to Mighty Chudan, explain mechanics a little everything goes alright. I showed them how to skip the never ending mob battle next. It’s ok.

We make our way to Xal Nur, this is where it all goes to heck. Btw, they nerffed the daylights out of this battle, it’s nowhere near what it used to be. No trolls anymore. The archers just kind of tickle now. It’s much more pug friendly. Albeit broken.

We’re going along get through the shielded phases. They wouldn’t grab the spice, so I had to take the spice to the waterspout. It doesn’t slow you down or drain your resources or silence you anymore. It was just easier for me to take it I guess.

They released the Wamasu. He didn’t kill the archers. Uhm. Well they didn’t bother me none, but we’re ripping the group up pretty bad. I guess they could had killed em also, but they pushed the boss instead.

It got pretty bad around execute time. There must had been 40 archers plinking away at me. The whole group is dead. Every time I res somebody, they go right back down. One of em writes in group chat to release a wamasu. I did. It runs over to the archers like it wants to be petted or fed or something. That’s not what supposed to happen here.

Boss has around 180k health left. In finally able to get one up and she lives long enough kill this thing. Great!

The text chat reads: Tank Much?

Finally, we get to the last boss. Well this fight remains unchanged. Fairly straight forward til the last execute phase and the whole world goes into chaos. Whatever we crush it.

So this nice lady gets back on mic and and says “ I’ve done this dungeon about a dozen times and this has been by far the best experience, my compliments. You are a good player and great call outs.”

As if I needed anything to make my head swell. Lol! it was a good feeling just to make someone’s day.

And if you’re still with me after reading all of that, I got one more!

FrostVault

Ok I know; 6 months later I still haven’t beat this place yet. Tsovkins is old news now. Elsweyr came and broke everything. Scalebreaker comes out tomorrow.

Little ol me need to git Or buy a carry.

I got a guildie, who is also a very good player to try and help me out. We spent about an hour in here with a group finder pug banging heads against the wall and couldn’t get er done. He was way more frustrated than me. I totally expected another fail. It was bad. So bad. I’ve been growing a serious hatred of this place.

So the next day, I get a full guild group of people that have done this. They tell me it’s easy. They need to get their flipping heads checked. We spent like an hour and a half in here. Probably about an hour on the laser boss alone. Because it’s so easy.

When we finally beat that dude, it was way more like luck than skill. Did not get the feeling like we crushed it. Got him down to about %20 health 5 or 6 times then wiped. To stupid one shots. The call outs are simple enough to follow. Clockwise or counter clockwise. Hold the boss in the middle. Aggro the spheres. Kill the spheres.

It wouldn’t be a day in eso if rl stuff didn’t throw everything all to shambles. Kids start screaming, wife decides to start vacuuming, I have to take the trash out right this very second. How tf do you ever get anything done in this game. It took long enough to get a group together.

There’s still no way I’m gonna be able to lead my pugs to victory through here. Even having done it now. I see you need a fairly stellar group.

So I finally got a “W” but I dont really feel good about the experience and having learned it kind of. Maybe it will go better next time? One guy said “I’m not doing anymore PvE today.” I guess next time is gonna have to wait a little while.

I did get me a snazzy new helmet! Excited to go and try this bad boy out!

• msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Riddari wrote: »
    So I actually just dealt with the opposite of this. I joined the random normal and it's banished cells 1. Tank is upper 600cp we have one dps with 150cp a healer that's around 20 and my dps that's 29(I have around 500cp tho)

Tank has a loud annoying mic and I consider dropping out of their chat but decide against it. Me and the other dps aren't pulling great numbers, but everything's dying and bosses aren't taking that long. Suddenly our tank starts SCREAMING "WHY ARE YOU SPAMMING EXECUTE AT FULL HP"

I'm absolutely not spamming an execute, my muscle memory makes me hit the buttons in a certain order if I'm on auto pilot (the execute is ONE of those skills) but when I'm actively thinking about it I only use it during execute phase.

Other dps guy seems to spam his abilities at random (including execute) but honestly everything is dying fast enough that it doesn't matter.

Then again he starts screaming "YOU DON'T NEED TO KILL THAT BOSS YOU GET NO XP. YOU NEED TO LISTEN TO MEEEE!"

Again, normal dungeon. Easy dungeon. Guy is freaking out.

"YOUR DPS SUCKS YOU NEED TO KILL STUFF FASTER"

At this point the healer says "have fun with no heals" and leaves. We manage to get through a few more bosses without heals and another healer joins.

We're on the last boss and this guy camps next to where the hunger orbs spawn. Immediately starts screaming "KILL THE ORBS KILL THE ORBS" but he's right next to them so they instantly get swallowed by the boss. He finally pulls the boss away from where they spawn so I can kill the orbs (other dps didn't seem to understand or care)

Again "YOUR DPS SUCKS KILL HIM FASTER"

We complete the dungeon in 15 MAYBE 20 minutes. I type to him saying Chill out its just a normal and he goes off.

"YOU'RE THE WORST DPS I'VE EVER PLAYED WITH YOU'RE [snip] YOU [snip] SUCK"

I tell him that he taunted the boss right next to the orbs at the end.

"IF YOU HAD GOOD DPS IT WOULDN'T HAVE MATTERED YOU DIDN'T DO ANY AOE DPS"

But if our dps was so bad, shouldn't he have anticipated that going into that fight? When I tank I always try and help my team however I can. This dude complained about our dps but didn't use a single warhorn and alienated our healer a quarter of the way through.

Then he starts throwing out all these things he's accomplished "I'VE TANKED TRIALS AND DLC DUNGEONS" Which is great. He wasn't a bad tank. He wasn't a bad player. He just had a bad attitude.

And THAT is the reason why a huge part of the player base doesn't do trials and other end game content. These crazy elitist people that are gatekeepers to that content. I've personally never done any trials or vet dlc because of this reason.

[Edited to remove profanity]

Lesson learned: don't join voice chat for ez dungeons. Cuz all you're gonna get are people getting off on the smallest power trip imaginable. Basically, if discord is required for normal content, I automatically assume it's a trash group (and I venture to say I'm right about that).
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh the joys of ESO+

Yesterday on my Stam Warden normal/Vet random get grouped up for vet Fang Lair! Ok, so our group had pretty good burn and decent players with good lead tank. We beat the circus boss tiger, bear, Guar after 2 wipes. The tank was doing a great job talking me through it because I’m not super familiar with the mechanics.

It was pretty great. I thought we were gonna do this thing. Which is pug rarity afaic.

We get to the last boss, then the tank keeps dying. He doesn’t know what’s going on. He goes silent. Asks in text chat. I can’t help. I don’t know either. Tank disconnects. I think the guy just logged out really. Rage quit maybe?

The other DPS and healer might know what’s going on? But the won’t come in the GD chat! You know, in normal, you just kill stuff and don’t die. It’s easy. Usually stuff is dead dead dead way before you have to deal with any crummy one shot mechanics.

This game is so ridiculous sometimes. I’m guessing the guy hadn’t got any further than the circus boss before, but he seemed to know that fight well.....

Man, heck with this. I’m out of here too.

I needed to punish myself for pugging, so I went to Maelstrom Arena. Clenching the #5 leaderboard spot for warden. Oddly, I think only 3 people entered. How do I get #5?

Problem here was probably that no dps was killing the scarabs. They one shot the tank if dps don't do the job. This is why it's almost impossible to pug vets when someone doesn't know the mechs (no offense to you, just an observation). This is why normal is the place to figure out the basics. Expecting basic competence in vet dungeons is not elitist, it's realistic.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Long Weekend

Yessss! The long weekend came and went while we pug pug pug away! It was a great weekend for getting things done! Some guildies helped me get through the new Scalebreaker DLC dungeons, so I don’t have to wait 6 months to get a complete.

I helped a number of people get dungeon skins. That was a great feeling! It’s funny how things finally start coming together when you have an excess amount of time to binge play.

I put together and got to try out some new tank gear. I’d been thinking about this setup for awhile, and it’s a bit odd, but intuitively makes sense. Sanctuary from Banished Cells and leeching plate from Imperial city prison. Sanctuary is typically a healer set. It’s light armor, but has Health bonus and Healing received for its 5 piece. Leeching Plate heals you when something attacks you. The combination makes you near un killable. Well, for PvE anyways.

Skin Time Baby!

Depths of Malator is a relatively newer DLC dungeon that grants Meridia’s something or other gold glowy skin for accomplishing on Vet. This dungeon has typically been a complete disaster every time I Pug, but we managed to get through here this time.

In fact, I had to counsel with guildies what to do at the last boss, because I’d only ever been here one time and could not remember. And my pug group did not know either.

Needless to say, it still took a few tries, but we come out the other side Victorious! And 3 new people got their Golden Glow Skin. Everyone seemed very pleased. I thaught that was pretty cool.

Cradle of Shadows

I was kind of Pseudo Healing on this run with a magic necromancer. Right from the start, I knew we had very good damage as everything was just melting. Once we got to the last boss with full vitality, the tank just pulled it to not screw anything up. We got the speed run and no death. One of the guys commented he just got the spiderkith skin, so he must had the hardmode done previously. So that was pretty cool. They wanted to go again, but I had to go and do something.

Scalecaller Peak

Ok, so we didn’t get no skin or special achievements from here, but two of the guys had never done it on Vet, so it was quite the interesting run. It was late and I was very crispy. So much that I even caused a wipe or two by accident.

This dungeon is surprisingly not bad to recover from a group member death. Once you know it well anyways. These guys were very happy to get a win here and learn things. That’s really cool to me. I like getting people through stuff. One guy was whispering me his gratitude for putting up with him. It was fun.

The Thorn in My Side

Vet SunSpire Trial: to be completed soon...

Many of my prog team guildies already have the Skin, and their Perfected sets.

Well, this is my only Progression team and we still haven’t beat it yet as a group. They went so far as to pull in some pro that can solo tank VMoL blindfolded with one arm tied behind his back. It didn’t help. He died. A lot. And caused much animosity amongst normally nice people. Why does these really good player have to be a bag of weenies?

Someone thaught it would be a good idea to send me to the portals team at the last boss. I had to beg to get out of there. No idea what I’m supposed to be doing. I’m like a sacrificial lamb. Send me down to die. This really isn’t helping the group or my delicate ego.

One day, it won’t take and extra 40 minutes for people to port in and crash and restart the internets and start on time. Then, maybe we’ll get it done. I’m not gonna play with a whole group of weenies just to get it done though. Or maybe. Idk.

Do I know You?

I had to go into Cyrodil and check things out for a little while. On a nice quiet travel from Aleswell to Ash some guy ganked me. Then had to stand over my corpse dropping the bag for at least 2 solid minutes. It was funny, but the messaging me how wrestling is fake really got my blood stirred up.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whew it’s been awhile!

Well, September ended. Ba dum tisssssss

And October, and now mostly through with November.

I have some sad news

Ba dum ba dum ba duhm ♪♪♪ another one bites the dust ♪♪♪

It’s with a heavy heart that I tell you my progression group for the last year split up. Why does this keep happening? Is it the nature of the game? Is this normal and to be expected? Am I unfortunate?

My people why can’t we just look at the good stuff we’re able to accomplish and go from there.

;TL/DR be like: accomplished people don’t like being told they were carried.

Carry on friends

There’s no going back. You can’t do that. Only press forward.

So. A new group formed from the ashes of old and pick up some fresh faces. We must learn from our mistakes and carry on. I say that for myself. And the learning from mistakes part. I’m exceptionally hard headed in that area.

So what do we do?

We hammered out VSS a number of times because some people need gear still. It only took 17 runs before I finally got a pair of False God Pants. I truly believe there is something to be said about my unfortunate gear drops and other matters of luck.

We go back in to VMoL to see if we could still do it. I’ll admit, the first run did not pass go. But the second one just wizzed right along. I Love this group. My people are great. That’s important I think. We get along.

They let me bring in something unheard of. I brought my magic ice warden into VMoL. But wait, before you lose y’all minds, know that I am also the left side runner, Battlegrounds Butcher, Praetorian, Flawless Conqueror and also hit a paltry 52k group test.

Before this, I used Xynode’s Easy Sorc with a few modifications. It works. You can do VMoL on an easy Sorc. I just switch characters a lot. I’ll probably be back on magic Necromancer next. I really like playing her too.

Tonight we go into VHOF! I’m excited to give it a go, but word around town is the place is lag filled disconnect city. We’ll have to see for ourselves how bad it is?

My latest Fail

Friends seem to get a kick out of my failed ventures so here goes.

Vet cradle of shadows is bugged and these wicked hoarvers wait for you til the end and make you have a bad day.

I first experience this with a super group. Then with a pug.

I knew what was going on,but the pugs really have no clue. They start turning on each other and complaining. Not enuff DPS, tank can’t hold aggro, healer blows. You name it. No one recognize these hoarvers aren’t supposed to be here? We all go about our separate ways.

The end.

There was also another BC2 blue portal of despair incident That comes to mind. I’m so tired of that dungeon.

For once, I’m on a DPS stuck with a real tank and healer. Wait 5 minutes for another dd to que.

The group finder must be broke cause we never got one.

I got itchy trigger fingers so we go. Think we got up to about 4 daedroth before the tank couldn’t control them. I had the boss to half health then unfortunately got knocked down and bubbled. Boss gets healed back up. Tank loses it. We wipe.

Started again, we wipe. Tank tells me I need to get more DPS then rolls out.

Don’t ya hate being told your not good enough. If he would had let the Deadroth get burned down til we were in a safe place to let them come out controlled it wouldn’t had been an issue. If maybe the healer did something other than spamming healing springs....that could have helped.

Nope. I’m just not good enough.

I’m going back to rocking the recruit title. No assumptions on what you’re gonna get.

• Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whew it’s been awhile!

Well, September ended. Ba dum tisssssss

And October, and now mostly through with November.

I have some sad news

Ba dum ba dum ba duhm ♪♪♪ another one bites the dust ♪♪♪

It’s with a heavy heart that I tell you my progression group for the last year split up. Why does this keep happening? Is it the nature of the game? Is this normal and to be expected? Am I unfortunate?

My people why can’t we just look at the good stuff we’re able to accomplish and go from there.

;TL/DR be like: accomplished people don’t like being told they were carried.

Carry on friends

There’s no going back. You can’t do that. Only press forward.

So. A new group formed from the ashes of old and pick up some fresh faces. We must learn from our mistakes and carry on. I say that for myself. And the learning from mistakes part. I’m exceptionally hard headed in that area.

So what do we do?

We hammered out VSS a number of times because some people need gear still. It only took 17 runs before I finally got a pair of False God Pants. I truly believe there is something to be said about my unfortunate gear drops and other matters of luck.

We go back in to VMoL to see if we could still do it. I’ll admit, the first run did not pass go. But the second one just wizzed right along. I Love this group. My people are great. That’s important I think. We get along.

They let me bring in something unheard of. I brought my magic ice warden into VMoL. But wait, before you lose y’all minds, know that I am also the left side runner, Battlegrounds Butcher, Praetorian, Flawless Conqueror and also hit a paltry 52k group test.

Before this, I used Xynode’s Easy Sorc with a few modifications. It works. You can do VMoL on an easy Sorc. I just switch characters a lot. I’ll probably be back on magic Necromancer next. I really like playing her too.

Tonight we go into VHOF! I’m excited to give it a go, but word around town is the place is lag filled disconnect city. We’ll have to see for ourselves how bad it is?

My latest Fail

Friends seem to get a kick out of my failed ventures so here goes.

Vet cradle of shadows is bugged and these wicked hoarvers wait for you til the end and make you have a bad day.

I first experience this with a super group. Then with a pug.

I knew what was going on,but the pugs really have no clue. They start turning on each other and complaining. Not enuff DPS, tank can’t hold aggro, healer blows. You name it. No one recognize these hoarvers aren’t supposed to be here? We all go about our separate ways.

The end.

There was also another BC2 blue portal of despair incident That comes to mind. I’m so tired of that dungeon.

For once, I’m on a DPS stuck with a real tank and healer. Wait 5 minutes for another dd to que.

The group finder must be broke cause we never got one.

I got itchy trigger fingers so we go. Think we got up to about 4 daedroth before the tank couldn’t control them. I had the boss to half health then unfortunately got knocked down and bubbled. Boss gets healed back up. Tank loses it. We wipe.

Started again, we wipe. Tank tells me I need to get more DPS then rolls out.

Don’t ya hate being told your not good enough. If he would had let the Deadroth get burned down til we were in a safe place to let them come out controlled it wouldn’t had been an issue. If maybe the healer did something other than spamming healing springs....that could have helped.

Nope. I’m just not good enough.

I’m going back to rocking the recruit title. No assumptions on what you’re gonna get.

Sorry to hear about your prog group split! Best of luck in vHOF. It's long and fun so again gL!
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How’s it going friends?

Hope all is well in the world for ya!

Got some news. I’m sure you guys mostly understand

I’m taking a break from public group finder

I’m becoming toxic and can’t deal with the regular pug badness anymore.

The Start

The other day I was in Vaults of Madness. This tank starts going on about “what are you doing?”

So I had to stop everything I was doing and write in chat:

“Tank doesn’t know what he’s doing”

Well, you know. He got mad and left. The blue ball healer thaught it keen to follow.

So me and the 167 CP other damage dealer went on to finish the dungeon ourselves. Yes hardmode too.

Like I need any of you f ing f’s to do this dungeon. And you’re gonna give me attitude like you’re doing something.

So I knew it was about time for me to quit Pugging.

Still get mad just thinking about it.

Then yesterday, I answered a guild callout to run VDSA. I knew the one guy, but not the other two. Apparently neither did the guildie.

I don’t run vDSA regularly anymore, but I know the Arena well.

How do I put this....I’ve seen it 100 times before. The bad guy stayed and the good guy left. And replacements had to be made. So there’s me, Guildy, bad guy, and healer.

Guild mate complains that it sounds like I’m smashing my controller buttons into the microphone. So I mute it. Turns out it wasn’t me. Lol

So anyhow, it was just a bad experience all around; bad guy can’t stay alive for five seconds. It was just a general carry that I can tell. And I flipping hate myself for saying that.

I’m muted btw. And it sounded like someone was smashing buttons with their microphone the whole time. I’ve no idea how Guildy can put up with this knucklehead.

Then Bad Guy drove me to the breaking point

The he starts talking about how VMA is so easy on a Sorc and he only can’t do it because he’s a stamina nightblade and beating VMA doesn’t mean anything anyways blah blah blah.

I remained silent.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention he put up a sizable bounty for a Masters Bow if anyone got the drop. So there’s a little reason to hang around.

This guy just dumped all over everything I’ve been doing in this game.

So I have to stop

I’ve got my progression team. A short list of friends I respect and game with. Occasionally meet someone decent. But I can’t do this stuff with straight rando’s anymore. I’m trying to have fun.

I’d normally do it for free for about anyone. Just for fun. I should have left.

I’m becoming salty. I charged him for it. It didn't even feel good or right. So I got to stop.