The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Filthy Casual: Tales of Woe & Despair with Occasional Triumphant Conquest

• Blood_again
    Blood_again
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sting864 wrote: »
    The best time I ever have doing trials is when no one is "that guy..." You know, that elitist jerk who tries to tell everyone else how to play to fit HIS playstyle... I went through a phase in about 2015 where I was concerned about everyone what else was doing and not focusing on what I was doing.... It's very disappointing to see self-proclaimed "elites" telling others who didn't ask in the first place... how to play... Thank the divines that none of the other experienced, good players are that way now...

I agree, "that guys" are often irritating. But sometimes...
    You know, after I spent three minutes in SO asking anybody to use the second lever (I used the first one)... I've just had to tell all about "unpin the pinned by X" before Osara, because I just saw: nobody, no single person would unpin the people otherwise.
    They didn't ask me. But really, they would just stand there for hours without using the levers or what? :)
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh the comical times in eso over the weekend! Failures all over the place. Many runs doomed from the start.

VAA with 2 Tanks and 2 healers both in Worm. Oh it’s comical. People screaming it’s so easy. SMDH. Why even try to help. Stuck at the second boss. Forever. Just give up. I did. Pretty sure the good players left and you’re stuck with the baddies.

3 VDSA runs. Couldn’t beat the second boss. No less than 600 cp. got to meet some cool people though.

Dungeons that start with a blue portal.

Spindleclutch. Tank has DW and 2H w/20k health. CoH1 with staff wielding tank. He died a lot. CoA2 cp 130, 240, 458 healer. Nope.

Did get 1 successful guild VDSA run in. It was magical! There were a few deaths, but this group was solid. And with crazy serious burn. I had to friend these guys and girls. They rock!

Had a 20 minute nMoL run with a guild. After a pug that was stuck at twins and refusing to listen. Man. Zone call for trials has been pitiful.

Got 4 toons on Maelstrom Leaderboards. I wouldn’t even attempt it on Sorc though. One run I did get to the seventh round with no death. Feeling like I should start working on that flawless.

Oh yeah, tried that Hunt leader set on Stam warden. Looked like it might work. But is really just not that good.
  • socivL
    socivL
    ✭✭✭
    i miss my nintendo switch
    2 templars - 1 cup
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kicking the night off with a fungal grotto farm for a guildies. I do enjoy an easy vet dungeon.

Well that was a good warmup into a quick Triumphant vet HelRa Citadel guild sponsored run.

Vet falkreath blue portal to the Bone Collosus Boss. Could not be done. Feels like the dancing tank was partially to blame here. Strong burn, but mechanically challenged group. Move along.

On tank

Blue portal to the engine Guardian boss on normal Darkshade. These guys were squish squishy. Pick em up then they drop. Pick em up then they drop again. I noticed on normal, this boss only has 1.8 mil health. At 250k life left I decided to bash the boss to death. It took a little while.
    These players were pretty cool and happy to be done with it. I really liked them.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So. Here I am. In Vet fungal grotto 2 with a Fresh CP 30 DD and CP 118 tank. Why do they do that? For real. There’s no reason for under 160 to vet anything.

The healer bailed.

The trash mobs took a minute to clear.

I asked to be kicked. Oh well. 15 minute penalty.

It doesn’t happen often, but I think this is one of the more broken parts about this game that needs a little attention. If vet starts at level CP 10....just why? Makes no sense. Anything they get there is good for maybe 2 or 3 more dungeons, then they out grow it.

And they’re ill prepared to run vet content at that level. Please consider closing the gate to vet until CP 160.

There’s a serious grey area of suck between CP 10 and CP 160. It really shouldn’t exist IMO.

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Man what a nice long weekend of conquest. There were a few stumbling blocks along the way, but the big major victories make up for it in the end.

First off, I got my 4 characters on Maelstrom Leaderboards with my highest score yet 475K! I’m not great, but getting better. My best runs have been early. I really think the server load/ lag has a big thing to do with this, and Flawless is well, a work in progress. It’s definitely gonna have to be an early morning thing.

5 attempts at VDSA w/ 2 clears. I knew fairly early on that those runs weren’t going to go anywhere, but you know. Gotta be nice so people will play with ya. It’s good learning experience too. For everyone, me included. The DPS and survivability has got to be there.
    One of the clears I was filling in for the tank at the last boss. We had some timing/ RNG issues, but it got hammered out straight in the end. 3 freshly made Boethia’s Scythe.

Got me a snazzy Masters Lightning Staff and Greatsword. Don’t know I can do anything with either of them. Lol

I got into a Fang Lair Group Finder with a guy I knew. Probably the best healer Iv’e ever played with. Odd because he usually tanks. It was great. He was the only one of us that knew the dungeon like the back of his hand. Learned a strategy for the circus boss that was so much better. This guy was more worried about the ads and Crystal fights than the bosses. It was so much fun.

Scalecaller peak group finder I got into with these guys that game together regularly. They were great. Lots of fun. Strong burn, just all around good group. At the last boss getting ready to start I hear a knock at the door. My Dad stopped by unexpectedly. I felt bad having to leave the guys but you know. RL comes first.

Long list of fallen apart, doomed from the start dungeons. Many of them from way low level players or 2H DW WW tanks.

It took awhile, but I can totally see why new players would think Werewolf would make a great tank. They get some monster resistance buff, build Ult while taking damage....everything looks good except for no taunt and probably some other things I’m forgetting. Sadly, it does not work well in my experiences. They just get wrecked.

Long sigh. Oh. And green ball healers. Maybe, add some transmutation or something to that and go to Cyrodil. Suck it up. Go into WGT normal. Get you some SPC. Maybe get some Jorvulds Guidance, it seems pretty good. And rock that with some Julianos or something. Stop bringing your PvP healer into Mazzatun. It won’t work.

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    VDSA on a weeknight!? Are you mad? Maybe just a little bit, but it sure sounded better than a night full of group finder pug. 2 of these chaps were looking for cool gifts or something and this Blonde Goddess well, she’s just addicted to VDSA or something.

I will never proclaim to be good at Tank, but I have been tanking a bit of harder stuff lately. So I must not be terrible.

Right off the get go, big fish gets splattered all over the floor. The first of many. I can’t blame him, those guys hit hard in there.

You know those DPS skeletons people play with. If they added a damage shield into their rotation every 6 seconds, it might help.

Moving right along. I’m starting to recognize the priority mobs a bit better. Pretty much any kind of ice Mage. Which is strange because my frost warden was terrible. But in here,....these guys are deadly.

The second round pug breaker went off without a hitch. I am impressed. This group might go all the way. The poison round...the lady shows she knows her stuff. Straight away starts killing the stranglers. Then the bosses. Like a pro.

The fifth round, you know what time it is. Shadowcasters. Yeah, well before that I had to dip out for a second and put the baby to bed. If this group of stone cold warriors would listen to the chat they’d have heard me say.

But it’s ok. They did fine without me. For a minute.

Six round, nothing interesting, seventh round sacrifices. SACRIFICE! Wow. Uhm. What can I say. It was an amazing group that didn’t have a problem here.
    Big fish got put in a can, and Brantley almost ate it trying to pick him up, but the relentless lady wouldn’t quit. Victory prevailed as the crystal frag Mage fell, knew it was a done deal. Held the S/B guy down and chucked mud balls at his Xiyfkin Head.

Dwemer round, no problems. Nasty ice mages again. Fire go to ice. All is alright.

To the golden boy stage. No problems until the boss. Well. Someone went down that wasn’t supposed to go down then the other guy goes down to save it and he dies too. The lady has to go and sort this thing out. They all come back out a few minutes later acting like nothing is wrong. We carry on and finish it up. It truly was an amazing save.

Well onto Hiath the Battle Master. What do you know. Wipeout. Blondie was a bit annoyed with me. But really. All you had to say was come get the ads. Well.

Let’s try that again.....doh. It goes much better if the guy taunting the boss doesn’t die straight away.

Three times a charm for this one. I’m chilling out up on the steps with my old pal marclaud and this dude wearing pajamas. Suddenly I hear, “get the ads” right over there to pick em up. They finish it off without a problem.

Get me some wimpy fire stick. Fish gladly trades me his 2H Greatsword for it. I’m getting a collection of these things now. I really like 2H for looks, but I’m terrible with it in action. Even worse with wizard sticks.
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m a stamblade (250cp) and I’m trash, 13-18k dps depending on the situation but I’m also new to mmo’s.. i only do the random dungeon que, not waiting hours to play a specific dungeon

However the last Fang lair i ran i did 80% of the dps, soo yeah the other dps was non existent..maybe there wasn’t even a second dps idk

Most of my issues come from tanks waiting for others to go in first, that Fang Lair run had a beast tank otherwise it wouldn’t have been possible to beat with such low dps..never realized how much of a difference a good tank makes

I’ve seen dps get 40-60k dps and it makes me want to give up, with my trivial dps ._.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Take it easy on yourself HeimPai. Still a freshy at 250CP. It would be a different story if you over 1000CP and still at 13K. I do suspect a good lot of very high CP players in the 20k ish range. You know what. They’re probably happy as can be with it. That’s cool too.

You know what, I had such a good time doing VDSA, I did it again with a different group last night. This time as a DD on my Stamplar! So you know, I hit 25k DPS with this guy on a regular consistent basis. Not exactly phenomenal damage, but she’s solid.

Round 1, no problem.
    Round 2, no issues. This is a good sign to me!
    Round 3, had a couple stupid deaths, but no wipe.
    Round 4, I felt like a noob. Died to a spinner. Got res. Instantly fell back over to the same spinner trying to get out.
    Round 5, were talking about builds and stuff and forget all about the shadowcasters. Doh! No wipe, but a little more concentration from here on out.
    Round 6, surprisingly easy traveling. them drains really blow though.
    Round 7, tearing it up to the boss no problems. Then it’s bed time for the baby. BrB. These guys are cool though. They totally understand. Come back and finish it off no problem. I’m feeling pretty good about this 25k DPS.
    Round 8, dwemmers, fire and ice. Everyone knows what to do here. Fairly painless.
    Round 9, the golden boy stage. The designated go down guy bites the bullet. They send little ole me down. It didn’t work out so great....the golden guy is not so bad, but the double ads is quite a pain. the last guy goes down and it’s a start over. Lol. Then it happens again on the boss. I gotta figure this out better. Guess we all do really.

Final boss round! Tank is going over strategy, what he’s gonna do...I spaced out for a minute. He gets the boss, clears the fire dot, comes back. We burn to ad phase. He takes the ads. We burn the boss til %40. More ads come.

Totally forgot to tell him. But, he was holding the other 2 just far enough away he could still see them spawning in. I noticed that and it’s a good tip for me, cause I’ve had problems with this when tanking.

We burn the boss down and finish up as though we do this all the time! It was great!

Got another fire stick. Traded that off for a sweet Nirnhoned greatsword. I’d really like to get a battle Axe or a Maul or something different. Is there a Masters Battle Axe even?

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Weekend Came and went. Ran VDSA a few more times. Only one had a score to stick for the weekly, but I’m pretty happy with the overall completes above %50

The last one I ran with my GM and a 300cp healer. It was my only run with a bonified healer, and was kind of interesting. It got rough at times, not gonna lie, but we made it through.

The sacrifice round is really tough without that third DPS. Then again, it’s been tough with three DPS. I’d be willing to experiment more with a healer.

We did get the guy a Masters Resto, which I think is pretty cool. Like, how many CP 300 healers do you know with a Masters Resto. Heck, I don’t know that many healers at all with a Master Resto. I hope he uses it.

I put my regular 4 toons on Maelstrom leaderboards. My stamina nightblade wearing VO/Vengeance Leech/ Masters Daggers has been so good to play. I still have vitality at the end, but nowhere close to Flawless.

Stam DK has been the roughest class to play for me. I’ve been trying to use the Ophidian Venom Set because I got the gold jewelry. Sometimes it seems good and others not so good. Hundings and VO seems best. Maybe I should setup like my nightblade. Idk

Ahh the dungeons. The guild runs aren’t even safe from DLC fail. However, after wiping to the giant Minotaur a few times I had no problem asking them to be alright to just burn the other 2 down real quick.

Blessed Crucible and Wayrest 1 both hardmode, no problems cause I’m so awesome. Just kidding. I was tanking and running them through at a furious pace. They weren’t really used to that, but I think they enjoyed it. 4 keys in twenty minutes good.

There was a recurring theme in in my randoms over the weekend. Get into the dungeon and someone is goes offline. Wait wait wait. They don’t come back. Look for a replacement. Wait wait wait. I’m out of here to. Can’t deal with this nonsense. Want my ten minutes back.

I had some major frustration with Questing. Right!? WTH!?

Dark Brotherhood. I think it’s the sacraments where the guy ports you to it’s own special instance kind of thing.

Supposed to kill a guy with poison and maybe additional steps for some greater reward. I spent half an hour in this place and couldn’t find the guy. Racked up a 20k bounty killing everyone. Killed the optional guy, but never found the guy I was supposed to kill. This might be why I never finished the brotherhood...

• AuldWolf
    AuldWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why a lot of people don't bother with this content, I think; It's toxic and stressful. There are better things to do with life than be angry at other people because video games. It's the same reason why I don't bother with PvP. I'm too old, honestly, for all of that. Old and tired. I'd rather just enjoy myself. That's why I'd prefer doing an everyday public dungeon with a group, that way everyone can just have fun. It's laid back.

MMOs are really missing out on having more laid back dungeons which naturally bring about player groups. I remember that was more of a thing forever ago, but these days it tends to be about being forced into a crowd of people you know nothing about and then wondering why that didn't work out.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES! Summerset has arrived in all its glory!

I’m feeling like a headless chicken. Running around, exploring the layout, all this new stuff. It’s overwhelming really! In a good way. Gonna take some time to settle in.

Summerset Worldbosses. About as filthy Casual as it gets. These things are nuts. Totally so freaking cool, though!

Stumble across this Jaba the hut looking guy. There’s about 100 people running around attacking throwing down AOE, healers galore. There’s stuff happening everywhere. It’s so exciting!

All of a sudden the boss throws out this huge bomb thing and instantly wipes 30 people. It was amazing! I’ve no idea what the heck you’re supposed to be doing here. Usual methods of kill stuff, don’t die aren’t working.

Eventually we kill the boss. Not sure how. But he died. Got some snazzy new helmet. Have to take a look at this later.

Need to find this jewelry crafting place and some bearded clams. They told me there’s some new alchemy ingredients in them. Haven’t seen one yet.

Some guys said there’s an awesome new recipe you can find from fishing. So I went fishing with these guys for a few fishing holes. It’s good to enjoy the scenery, but I’d rather slam my hand in a drawer than do fishing. 5 minutes in and I’m done with this. Yuck.

My guild sets up an impromptu cloudrest trial run. Heck yeah I’m in. Oh yeah, there’s a jewelry place in here. Sweet. I guess they had watched videos or ran it already cause they seems to have some kind of strategy down.

It worked. We did wipe once from the group not doing the crystal thing right. I couldn’t figure it out. There was a mix match of crazy burn and not so good burn and mechanically challenged. Eventually we got through it! Got some cool new achievements and I think a bust maybe?

I’ll be running this some more. Probably a whole lot more.

For the past years, my toons have been parked in rivenspire. I know the area well and can do my writs and horse training and everything very quick there. They will now be in Summerset. That town, forgot it’s name, but it is set up perfect!

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All you filthy Casuals must be loving these new world bosses! Or despising them I’m not sure? I don’t think they are very casually solo able. My guild did a worldboss stomp last night ripping through Summerset. It was a blast!

It’s likely a completely different experience with tanks and healers vs a regular overland questing player. We had no wipes, but many people did fall and stumble at times. (Including Me) fell off a freaking bridge.

So very well then. Back to cloudrest. Everyone is farming some kind of gears out of there, it’s been a complete crap show each time going through. But still lots of fun. I’m starting to get a better grasp on what we’re supposed to be doing. It’s a mobile fight. Constantly moving around and popping some synergy and killing crystals and the boss keeps on ping ponging around the room. Can’t wait to try it on Vet!

I have a lot of characters to gear out so will be doing this for some time I think.

So last night I worked with my Stam warden, Stamplar, and MagBlade. We’re getting through here faster and have many many lower CP turnout in the group. They seem to be having a great time too! Glad they could join us.

I need to run some dungeons to get some jewelry to decon and stuff but there’s too much stuff going on. Feel like I gotta get in here while everyone is hot on it.

Got one Vaults of Madness run in before it got crazy. No jewelry. Sad face. It was vet hardmode. Because one Guy had an old daily I think. I tried to inv to guild but they were full. Everyone is always full. We should have more guild slots.

Well, fall damage rules the day of fail army.

• DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP's style of writing is catchy and funny. Gave me good laughs! Thanks and keep it up!
    Geekgirl wrote: »
    ErilAq wrote: »
    It's not entirely crazy, most people will PuG then leave, and don't really run with any sort of trials guild, I would hazard that most are either terrified they can't pull 35k dps, or have 5% lower health, or anything else that will either
    A.) make them fear being called out or kicked
    B.) make them fear being in groups like the first two you described.

While I do not blame you for leaving, and I think pretty much anyone would leave in those situations, it's not mind blowing to think that most of the playerbase deals with either all negative or mostly negative group experiences. Remember, those players you dipped out on had a bad experience too, hell, it's probably a worse experience for them than it was for you. (not justifying, just stating a fact)

This is me as well. Even when I run Vet Dungeons, even when things go swimmingly, I very often will have a well-meaning person explain to me how I would be so much better if I would just do xxx instead of what I had done. Or happily tell me "You're really good! You should join my trials guild! You just need to fix your rotation and get different gear and..." Which essentially translates to: "I love the way you play and you have potential so I want you to run with us, but on our terms."

I am in a small guild with people I love. Every day I log in and someone says, "Hey, Geekgirl! We need to get you some gear so you can run trials." I know these folks like me, and I know that they feel I am a good, solid player. I feel like I'm a good solid player too, particularly on my favorite character, but the problem is, I love running Tinkerer's set on my MagDK because every flipping time that mechanic velociraptor bowls a strike through a group of enemies and punts them into the air, it gives me joy.

I am unwilling to sacrifice my joy for your <insert percentage here> DPS increase. :neutral: This means you'll probably never see me in trial groups or many PUG Vet dungeons.

It's Sonic the Hedgehog! :o
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, keeping true to myself I decided to run a bunch of dungeons yesterday to get jewelry for to breakdown. It feels as though ZOS has caught wind of my plans and awarded me with one single piece of jewelry per dungeon.

It was hard to not join all the cloudrest runs going on. One of my guilds was even doing vet runs already.

As a DD for a few toons there were no problems, quickly dispatching Vet FG1 and a few Vet Darkshades. I think it was the daily.

So I decided to pull my healer out. It’s been a minute since I played her and I wanted to see this Major Courage buff on SPC now. It’s pretty much the same as it was, but would be better if still blue.

Get into a normal BRF with a CP 10 DD, CP 48 Tank and a CP 186 DD. It was somewhat surprising to play with such low level. Like there’s still people just beginning this game.

I tried. Really tried hard. It was a tough fight. The whole thing. All were on mic so I talked them through what to do.

There were wipes. Wipes on trash. Wipes on bosses. They just not ready for this kind of punishment. Even on normal.

After 45 minutes we get to the last boss. I tell the tank what he needs to do. He keeps losing aggro. The DD are essentially doing no damage. My WoE and Destro Ult are the only thing ticking away at the boss.

The mini boss spawns and immediately makes a b line to me. Then the tank dies. Everyone wipes. 5 or 6 times.

Sigh. The yelling in frustration from the tank and his buddy has been really dragging me down. Like dude. All you got to do is hold block. And taunt these guys and stay in the middle. If you let go of that left trigger, you’re gonna die.

Teleport strike is really not necessary here either. That Dragon leap into the bosses anvil cracker. That no good either.

I’m giving them bubbles, shards, mending, Masters Resto, SPC, etc. the most OP healing I could do. Toot my own horn...

We could not do it. I could not do it. Had to leave. Felt bad, but they had very little chance of completing this. Should have let this end at the Stone atro caller boss.

Group finder has screwed me for the last time.

The weekend awaits!
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The weekend Came and Went with a quickness. There was so much Triumphant Conquest to be had and no sign of the fail army, I fear this post may be just but a gush of how great it is to roll with just Guildies.

Run through The Dailies as DPS with a guy just smoking everything! Ridiculous burn! It made vet daily runs feel like normal. Honestly. I’m not the greatest, but I’d say decent. Paired up with a great player, makes things seem almost too easy. This guy was CP 650 and just ruthless. Really really good!

Later that day, my GM asks if I can run Scalecaller for farming fun runs and to help another guildies. We had a blast. I was working with a 2H DK setup after considering some recent advice. It got kind of late after a few runs through and getting crispy, after the last run had to turn in for the night.

The next day, there’s some interest in running VDSA from some guildies. I’ve been doing it a lot lately, so going in and smashing it out wasn’t so bad. Everyone is pretty happy to be pulling it off and I got a 2H Maul I’m pretty stoked about. Only thing left to get now is 2H BattleAxe.

Got into a few Normal Cloudrest trials but still need some more relequen pieces. Many of my guilds are doing it Vet now, and there are plenty of talks to try +1 or +2 at least on normal. I’m not opposed to it, but these quick runs have been working alright iMO.

Running around exploring Summerset has been my stumbling block I guess. Bunch of people gathered around fighting this giant salamander that sets the world on fire. We got wiped to this guy and he reset. It was kind of funny more than fail. These new dolmens and worldbosses are brutal! Love It!

Still have not found any giant clams? They must be hiding out somewhere.
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I love the salamander boss Graveld. You're just sitting there poking away at him and then suddenly OH MY FARKING GOD A VOCANO BLAST ACROSS THE SCREEN THE WORLD IS BURNING GAH!
    Xbox NA
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So. We have a partial guild group of a NB Tank and me on Stam Warden. This guy wants to really test out this tank, he’s very proud of what he put together. He wants to tank something hard, so we venture into Vet Falkreath hold, picking up 2 randoms.

That was a bad idea. This healer we got was doing the vampire move where they suck blood from 20 meters away. Uhm. Idk why? That’s about all the heals we got. Does that even heal anyone?

It was a very confusing run.

The other DD was running around, dodge rolling like a champ and light attacking like he had a secret machine gun Bow or something.

I think the tank was actually doing more damage.

I had to apologize. It was my idea to use group finder.

We painfully made it to the big skeleton bone colossus Boss. The story ends here. It just couldn’t happen. There’s no way.

We bailed out at the right time though, the guild was starting a VAA round and needed some deeps. So we swap toons and get in there.

Smash that out and get some cool gold jewelry to decon. Well. My jewelry Crafting is at 8. I decon anyways. Got nothing from it. That was really stupid. I should have just held on to it for awhile.

• Kuwhar
    Kuwhar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love crazy PUG stories, also love being in those crazy PUGs.

Literally my only pet peeve is people running ahead of the group, or shooting into a crowd SECONDS before i get there as a tank.

You can suck at DPS, forget to heal me, stand in red, or whatever in between.

But for the love of the eight, LET THE TANK GO FIRST.

I understand you want to be done 5 mins ago but its my job to protect everyone in the group, and that includes the healer you didnt bother to help with 3 adds on him.

Also fun story:

DPS was using a frost staff and the covo went something like this:

Me: "Do you want me to tank"?

Him: "sorry frost staff is all I have"

Me: "np just dont spam heavy attacks"

Him: "but i have to for damage mitigation"

Me: "im not following?"

Him: "r u illiterate?"

Me: "lol. No, but you dont need damage mitigation if you let me tank..."

Him: "but i need to for magicka"

Me: "i understand, all im asking is not to spam heavy"

.....silence

And it didnt stop.

Thankfully the others had my back we just got through it.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YXpiTvG.jpg

"the DPS is real"

was in direfrost keep pugging - was doing my healing at the moment with a mag warden...someone left the group at the very first trash mob we faced saying that there was no way we could finish with such low dps...he was our tank...

we got another tank in - flew through most of the dungeon...i started talking smack about the player who left saying our only problem was them...

made it to the final boss - we ain't even hardly denting his health...

after the first wipe, our tank, who had been pretty quiet up until then - starts mumbling, then chanting over and over - the dps is real, the dps is real, the dps is real...

not long after pretty much everyone headed for the door...

lesson learned - the dps is real...

Edited by geonsocal on June 13, 2018 5:23PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ahh Direfrost. Yeah. The last boss, really doesn’t need a tank, but everyone in the room must learn to break free or the fight will never end. Because the boss heals up crazy fast when she puts the moves on you.

And the other guy. With the the frost staff DPS. He even knew what he was doing. And kept doing it anyways? Hopefully that was like Fungal1 or something. Lol! Smh

I can deal with the shenanigans in regular dungeons. Vet and DLC, no way man.
  • Shadowmaster
    Shadowmaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    5 minutes into this dungeon and still fighting beginning trash

As tank, are you rounding up that trash into easily aoe'able blobs? Or just running and attacking everything as you go? Serious questions.

I play DPS and a healer, and the difference between a group of 3 skilled players and 3 pugs is light years apart.

Ran my heals in a group the other day, was watching group DPS....my group was well over 100k on a boss fight. Then sometimes Im on dps, I notice I am pulling 70%+ of the dps. There is no tiering in the dungeon queues.

The dungeon queue system in this game is horrid, period. As a max CP heals I shouldnt be getting 2 dps players CP 200 in my queue.
  • Shadowmaster
    Shadowmaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Random Fang Lair! Yay! Everything is going fine til second boss Guar Tiger and Bear with some mad dogs thrown in for fun. 2 wipes and it became apparent none of us knew what we were doing. This isn’t fun. Just logged out.

That entire dungeon is AIDS. Its difficult, I like that, but its stupidly difficult, because there are too many mechanics to remember for a pissant dungeon. I bet wipe rate on that menagerie is similar to Doshia pre-beta.
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    I'm going back to the thread subject here - Filthy Casual - to admit that as far as many players are concerned, I am and will always be one, even though I am closing in on 1000cp and have been playing 30+ hours every week for 2.5 years.

Why? Because I have never made an indestructable tank, have never dealt more than 20k damage on a test dummy on a DPS and cannot always keep everyone in my group alive on a healer. I also have never been in vMA and do not run trials (hence have very little BiS gear).

Do I still have fun - heck yeah!!

Well, if you ever want to try an "indestructible" tank...

hTEyD5H.jpg

https://youtu.be/yuCeum-vQQk
  • MrSensible
    MrSensible
    ✭✭✭
    Since we're talking about Direfrost. Just had a run. I was tanking. We get a CP 13 on Vet as a DPS, and I'm thinking "here we go." As a general rule, I don't kick anyone just for being new. Or for not having enough CP. He seemed chill enough and our other DPS was dishing hard, so we continue as scheduled. Get through everything just fine and at a good pace, then comes the final fight with Drodda.

Everything was going so well, that we forgot to explain to the newbie that you need to break free. That's on us. But then we're doing the fight and we're like "Hey, you have to break free." He doesn't. "Break free when she beams you." He doesn't again. "BREAK FREE." He doesn't. After 5 minutes the boss is still at full health and I swear is only targeting the new guy for her beams. He gets beamed again and says, "I will break free if you tell me how." We wipe on purpose and kick.

Someone, anyone, please tell me how it is possibly to get to level 50 without knowing how to break free from stun. I'm not trying to be a ***, I am legitimately asking how that is possible. If you know anyone or are someone who can answer this question, please tell me how you missed all the button prompts, all the dungeons, all the stuns, and even the tutorial quest which explains these mechanics.
  • gnarlyvandal
    gnarlyvandal
    ✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    Tank

Pugged the daily’s from guilds and zone chat yesterday. Got a solid group and rocked the regular Vet CoA2HM and Banished Cells...I failed the group on BC HM. For the life of me couldn’t keep aggro on 4 daedroths as it repeatedly put me into bubbles. Maybe I was only supposed to keep 2? Can’t remember

Later that night

DPS
    Got a really solid group. In fact we would have had a no death run in CoA2HM but My dumb self pulled the fire maw while the tank was outside the room messing around. Still got him to %30 before wipe.

In my head I heard Hiath mutter something about that was definitely your healers fault.

Banished cells was uneventful and the tank and healer dropped before Falkreath Hold.

Other Observations

What is it with healers rocking green balls? I also think it would be better for healer to use Destro Ult or meteor .

what do you mean by green balls? the twirling things around the gear, or the floating shiny balls that all move towards the group? then bigger balls that move towards the group, are undaunted skill that gives you a synergy to click on and restores your stamina or magika. they are also not an ultimate, its just regular undaunted skill that with sustain nerf is pretty much a given for healers (yes, even templars and wardens, even though they both have class skills that restore resources to the group). plus one of their morphs heals. not for much but enough to function as a very nice top off HOT.

the balls aroudn the gear that look like ebon, but blue I think they are? I don't have that full set, its sanctuary or one of those other healy sets, cannot remember which one. my main healer is running ye olde wormcult/spc combo, so I don't get pretty gear effects.

in any case, I'm that filthy casual so many of you dread. my dps is low, my healing is decent but not amazing and my tanking is... well... i more or less gave up on having any semblance of control over trash as most groups don't give me a chance to grab and gather them, and just focus on holding/debuffing/interupting bosses

I do try not to be too much of a hindrance though, you know not standing in red, not running around like headlesss chicken, try to follow mechanics, etc.

some of the groups I had as a healer though... oh lordie.... i mean... I suppose they are good practice :P having to heal, tank and dps simultaneously :P

You should have the pretty blue ball effects around you, it’s the worm cult set that gives it to you

But yeah you’re right about the other ‘balls’ being from the undaunted skill line, not an ulti
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It happens. You got a freshy. Probably doesn’t even know how to bar swap or have any kind of sensible rotation or gear. Welcome to the group finder I know!

Last night I got into a bold and brave guild group trying to attempt normal Cloudrest +3! It did not go well. Not at all. The leaders were cool calm and collected, telling everyone what they needed to do...but it only lasted for about a minute and everyone is all over the place again. After 3 wipes, people start dropping like flies. It was a good time to leave. So I did.

Right after leaving I got into another group doing coffer runs, all trials. I missed the craglorn part and joined up in Asylum Sanctorum. This was much more my speed. Then on to Cloudrest and HoF. I had to swap toons. Players were dropping and having to pick up new through each run. Many had not done trials.

The leader was great explaining everything that had to be done. It’s a double edged sword, because I’m a “Kill Stuff, Dont Die” kind of player. So these long explanations are a bit tiresome. And there are still wipes. And then more explanation.

Better than killing time in Direfrost, but man. You know.

So after a long hard fight to the Assembly General, the group wipes. Players need to be replaced. It got late. The group wipes again. I was southern fried, extra crispy. Had to go. They still had MoL to get through. I do hope they found a suitable replacement for me. ( main tank)

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Summer is here! But time spent in Tamriel has been limited lately, so randoms have been the best action I can get.

Jumping right into Vet City of Ash2 last night, straight away the healer dips out. Our cp 328 Templar tank assures us he can also heal so we should be fine. He was a squeaker. Summer’s here, schools out. what can ya do. Also that he’s never done this dungeon on vet.

Thankfully our Saving Grace a max level healer joins the group. This guy is ready. Great dungeon healer setup! No flipping idea what he’s using, but it’s lit. This guy is doing fantastic damage and healing. I was impressed.

The extra damage made burning down the big creamatorial guard boss so easy. Did t even worry about the ads, but they were pretty thick by the end.

Well, the tank was a bit dumbfounded by the ash titan boss. I told him to grab the helicopters and run big huge circle around the room.

No.

He kept them right on the boss. Again, we were burning through the boss so fast it did not really matter, but could have been perilous.

Now on to the tower bosses with the Atros. I hadn’t really been paying much attention to this guy, but he keeps on dodging all around, moving the boss all over the place. I tell him to stay still. He says trying to not die....I dont know what to do with this guy.

So anyways, we burn them down and move onto ol Solkyn’s brother Valkyn Skoria. It seemed not a good idea to hardmode. Here we are dancing all around this little pad burning the boss down, low and behold he’s dead at the third pad. Guess we maybe could have hardmode. Nah.

It is finished.

I don’t really know much about Templar tank. We seem to have finished this despite the tank. Mostly he was missing CC, and an understanding of how to tank really. I would not want to try BRF or any DLC with this guy.

Edited to ad, the other DD was CP 400 something and performed his job flawlessly. GJ
    Edited by kylewwefan on June 19, 2018 1:40PM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There’s just so much stuff to do in this game. It can be really overwhelming.

Trying to get jewelry crafting leveled up is not a quick going process for me. Just got to level 19 yay!

I have one full set of Relequen and AY for my Main. I did get better Damage with it, but don’t have the perfect rotation or CP setup or anything down. Really not digging it. Though it is better on the dummy.

I have 4 other Stam toons to play with as well.

I’m lost in Summerset quests. The Psijic thing is driving me nuts. I don’t even know which quest I should be working on?

The random daily has been my most fun after questing drives me nuts.

Last night, hopped in to a VOM with a 168 tank, 131 DD, and a 450 Green Ball Healer. On my Stam Warden rocking VO/ Hundings/ Veledreth.

The first bridge boss was a bit rough. Somehow, the tank and other DD dies. They don’t res. The healer and I finish off the boss and move on to the next. Kill that guy and move on up.

Go through the ads, kill them at the bottom, move on to grothdar. The healer and me were doing phenomenal. The tank and other DD have yet to res.

We kill some more ads, the deadroth Boss, ads, the floating octopus boss, more ads, then the ash titan boss. Ooh a chest!

I never realized how many darn bosses there are in Vaults of Madness.

Get to the last freaking boss, 1/4 way into the fight they finally res and join us. Bunch of corn dogs.

5 minutes later sitting around Summerset trying to remember what to do, the healer whispers me. “That was freaking amazing” trying to play cool, like my Head didn’t swell up like a hot air balloon. (It did. )

Anyone know what quest gets the Psijic skill line? I did the queens decree and great pearls something or other.
  • TheArch
    TheArch
    Soul Shriven
    Anyone know what quest gets the Psijic skill line? I did the queens decree and great pearls something or other.

After you do the queen's decree you can get a quest that lets you into Artaeum near/in Shimmerene. Can't remember which NPC gives it off the top of my head.

Would recommend this guide: https://alcasthq.com/eso-psijic-order-leveling-guide/

It helped me max out the skill line pretty quick.

Edited by TheArch on June 20, 2018 1:11PM