The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Filthy Casual: Tales of Woe & Despair with Occasional Triumphant Conquest

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MrSensible wrote: »
    Someone, anyone, please tell me how it is possibly to get to level 50 without knowing how to break free from stun. I'm not trying to be a ***, I am legitimately asking how that is possible. If you know anyone or are someone who can answer this question, please tell me how you missed all the button prompts, all the dungeons, all the stuns, and even the tutorial quest which explains these mechanics.
    @MrSensible Two possibilities here (aside from the potentially clueless/stubborn factor)
    • A lot of times, new people in this dungeon will sprint to the boss when she teleports, leaving no stam for BF. I tell people roll dodge out of the point blank, otherwise, just walk. Break free is the main thing people should be reserving stam for in this fight.
    • Sometimes it's just a buggy, laggy, vomitous pile of garbage and click as you will, the game just doesn't register it for several seconds (which translates to several % health return for the boss)

FWIW, this is one of the few bosses in the game where defile is actually useful, reducing healing received.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a somewhat opposite story.

So I'm on my Templar heal, CP1k or similar to help out a friend do the daily undaunted pledges.
    He's just got to cp200 so he's relatively new to his Sorc. But he's a decent enough player.
    We had to pug the other 2 members as it was a pretty odd time of day. Tank + DD arrived almost immediately, so great.

We easily completed the first dungeon on HM, which was Elden Hollow or something similar.

Anyhow - next up is vCoAsh 2.
    So I tried to queue us using the dungeon finder - and it wouldn't work! O.o
    "One or more of your group members is incompatible with this content"

Being base content, I was a bit confused and tried again, and again, before realising.....
    We had ended up with a cp60 Tank, and a cp155 Warden DD.
    Both of which didn't meet the cp160 criteria.

Hesitantly we decide to just port over to the dungeon and screw the dungeon finder, knowing full well this aint gonna be a walk in the park.
    Long story short, it was HARD work, I had to do 20k dps along with healing + typing out tacts in chat. But! Somehow we did a no-death speed run!!!! I wasn't up for trying HM and glad we didn't.
    Obviously this could have been a bit of a fluke, but it was thoroughly challenging + enjoyable and certainly gave everyone a confidence boost.

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I heard the gf changes wouldn’t put below 300 cp in dlc dungeons anymore. Didn’t know they changed regular base vet dungeons. Good to know.

A good healer goes a long way in CoA2
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cryptical wrote: »
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    What is it with healers rocking green balls? I also think it would be better for healer to use Destro Ult or meteor .
    Sanctuary set. With dungeons that require complicated mechanics or have triggered events when the boss hits certain health percentages, the dps boost from spell power cure can become a fatal flaw. Like, stacking up a bunch of stone laser orbs in vet scalecaller can be an issue. Or a bunch of corrupted nereids at the giant matriarch boss. So, it’s reasonable then to dump that in favor of sanctuary which reinforces group survival through those processes.

I often wonder why I don’t see some stam dps characters wearing the hircine veneer.

I believe that I understood "what", "is", "it", "healer" and "better" in this statement, but that's about it. I'm a filthy casual, what can I say.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ahh, back to questing. What once was the lifeblood of eso drawing me in to come back and quest away each day has now become the bane of my time spent in Tamriel.

Ok. Don’t get me completely wrong. I still love to quest. But there’s so many things going on.

I’m feeling pressure to run stuff with guildies. Trials, dungeons, world boss events, dolmen stomps, auctions, etc. my personal goals, getting better at Maelstrom, skin run attempts, working on all 10 toons I have. There’s not enough time in the day.

Ok, the pressure is self imposed. If I could find a way to pick what I really want to do and let go of all the other stuff. It’s not helping. I want it all. Lol

One of these days I’ll get that Psijic skill line.

Kicked the weekend off with a cloudrest +1. It was actually not bad. Way better than the +3 attempt I was last involved with.

Ran Maelstrom with Stamplar, Stam Warden, and StamBlade. Should have ran the DK too. Oh well. 2 made leaderboards but I have to admit it was rough. This fix patch has really messed something up. Like my heavy/light attacks don’t seem to register and I keep getting a freeze frame lag thing. It’s pretty terrible.

Got into a vet Imperial City Prison random. It went well enough til the end. The people were cool, but we were somewhat mechanically challenged. After about 15 wipes I had enough. See ya later guys. GL!

Saturday night, my GM wants to start working on Scalecaller Skin Run. I was excited to do it! Speed run, no problem, working on no death....death to ads. The first 2 try’s we reset. Well. Let’s try hardmode. Wow. Scalecaller hardmode is tuff. Like really tuff. Maybe it was because trying to do it with 2 Stam toons? Idk. It may be a few days before another attempt is made.

Once you figure out what you’re supposed to do...well that took a few tries. Then you get it down...kind of. It’s still tricky. Flawlessly executing that 3 or 4 times in a row. It’s gonna take some work. I’m seeing many CP 300 ish toons running around with the skin. It’s somewhat demoralizing.

Ending the weekend out, I was trying to re do my StamBlade Maelstrom Run when I got a call to run VDSA. Yeah. That sounded better, even though I was having a really good run.

What do ya know, we get to the third round and someone has to go. It sucks, but happens all the time in my experiences. Fortunately she was able to be replaced, and we tread on through the arena.

There were a few wipes throughout; our tank and replacement DD had never been in here. In the end, we get 2 freshly made Boethias Scythe! Congratulations guys n girls! You earned it!

I’m still on the hunt for that Masters BattleAxe. I saw a picture of one online. It must exist.

Back to Summerset. This ritemaster guy really got bamboozled. I empathize with this guy. I was tricked into thinking I won a fight and now I’m so good I can do it again! The Jedi mind tricks are strong here. The power of the dark side must not be underestimated,...

Got a skillpoint! Still don’t have a clue wtf is going on.

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh man. It’s been crazy since we last chat. Here goes. I was accepted into a cult. Yes. There are actually players more rabid about this game than I.

Since joining, the tales of woe and misery have taken a dramatic downfall. These can only be found through pure group finder pug. I almost never have to pug anything with this cult. There’s always at least one person to help crush the dailies or whatever other venture we find ourselves in.

I know. The best stories are of bark raving mad attempts to complete dungeons and trials with motley crew of misfits and caltrops spamming imbeciles. These encounters will be very limited for a time.

I have to keep this short. They’re probably watching. It takes dedication to remain in this cult.

They even named me a commander. I’m not sure what all that entails, but I’ll surely let you know when I find out.

It may be because I’ve been leading crews through VDSA and a few DLC dungeons.

Here’s the best I got for ya. I did attempt a pug VMoL the other day. Some guy told me I was terrible. So I left. I hope he suffers thrombone hemhrrhoids. The cult assured my status as a decent player.

Keep on pugging folks. I hope they don’t ban me for this. Cult life has been a game changer.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Man, cult life keeps you busy. There has been much conquest taking place around Tamriel. These guys relentlessly beat the Warrior, the Mage and the Celestial Serpent into submission every day. You’d think they get tired of it, but no. They’re relentless.

Seem to be addicted to collecting as much eternal yokeda jewelry to deconstruct and the ever fruitless effort to find advancing Yokeda whatever that never drops.

It feels good being in the cult. Ready to tackle conquer and destroy any dungeon the game has to offer. We are moving towards progressions. It’s kind of scary really. I’ve seen some progressions rip guilds apart. But the other cultists in here seem to be hand picked good cultists, so maybe that can be prevented.

Lately I’ve picked up questing again. Finally got the Psijic skill line and maxed it out. It does not appear as though to be helpful for a StamBlade but it’s done now anyways.

I did Tank a random group finder vet pug dungeon one weekend. It did not go well. Fungal Grotto 2 Vet. When I arrived to find a blue portal at the beginning the thoughts of flee were ramping up. They had just beat the first boss moving to the second.

I couldn’t help but notice, they were taking an exceedingly long time to dispatch the ads. I pulled all the adds in close to make better of the AOE and burn this stuff down. By now 10 minutes had passed and still working on things.

Against my better judgement, pulled the boss. The crew began to do their thing. The boss was getting annoyed so would leave me and attack one of the DD every 2 or 3 minutes. Miraculously they survived.

After another ten minutes of fighting this boss, he finally fell. We really needed a breather here to talk about why this content is inappropriate for this crowd.

I left.

The healer starts to whisper me. Apparently he’s done several vet dungeons and thinks I’m being an elitist scum for leaving the group. We had to talk about things. Civil. The healing so far had not been an issue. I had to assure. It probably wasn’t much issue keeping DD with 30k health alive.

Our current rate of damage put out would have had us in Fungal Grotto for 1 1/2 hour+

It’s too much time. I don’t have that much time. Honestly no one does.

It may be the end. The final straw of group finder pug for me. With the cult, there’s really no need for it anymore.

I have to cut this short. There were words about my last outburst. First rule is don’t talk about the cult.

Maybe I shall change my name?

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This may be my last post. The community is shrinking and growing. Everyone knows. Every post. I cannot hide in ambiguity as recognizable gamer tag stands out. Drinking 4 Loco at 10:00am. It says “drink responsibly “ on the can. As if.

New ventures await! Jedi Mind tricks controlling other players through the inter sphere. Victory!

So.

I gtg.
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have to say, the only thing that annoys me in dungeons is the person who has the boss' attention running all over the place so your AoE'e etc are useless and just a complete and utter waste of resources. When that happens, I just stop attacking the boss until the person doing the running around either dies or someone steps in who is capable of holding the boss in 1 place for more than a split second.

If people can't cope with the aggro, they should stop rushing in and leave it to someone else. I ain't no tank, but being a sorc, I can shield, so don't have any issue holding the bosses in most dungeons. Even if I'm failing miserably, I'll just take the death so the other 3 aren't running around wasting their resources.

This has been driving me nuts lately on pugs/xbox, I see more then capable tanks doing mobile tanking on bosses or adds when not needed and creating a resource sink dps loss.
    Xbox One Na
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    “There is no hard content, only bad players, or I’m not Father of the Year.”
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kylewwefan
    This may be my last post.

Noooo, please come back, i had such a blast reading your posts ... :blush:
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Man. This weekend was rough for me. Leveling Psijic skill line on MagBlade took 2 full days of questing. Then changing gear around and finding out I suck. Really bad. But getting better. Still not good. What a shock.

Running around spellscar and doing Skyreach to level the skills up. Oh man. It’s terrible. Tried 5 different random group finder dungeons. Every one of them was terrible. Really really bad. And the 28k DPS my suck blade was pulling couldn’t save it.

Fang lair. WTH. Who pugs this!? Tried and tried, but couldn’t beat the circus boss. Bye bye Felicia.

Scale Caller Peak, tank kept dying on first boss. Actually ended up in there with an old friend that’s been having the same luck with randoms, but he was done.

Last one I remember was wayrest. Started with a blue portal, so I got excited thinking this would be easy xp and maybe finish a skill line out! I get there and find all four of us staff wielding. Get a prompt to kick the healer. Sure. Replacement comes in, but group quickly wipes as there is no tank. Kick the fake tank. Replacement comes in with DW Bow, spinning to win.

Well I was weaving my f-bombs in between every word like a pro, had to leave. All the clan is in Cyrodil or some freaking progression. I should be in progression but my MagBlade skills are bad atm.

Group finder has been atrocious this weekend.

Did a battlegrounds. I killed someone. Just one. Our group was terrible. Our snipe ganker was belittling us on mic. He should really know that none of us giveas a f. We’re here for something else besides winning. It was fun. We’re terrible.

Look out BG hero’s! You know I’m coming back! To make your bad day worse. One day, I may win a match. Riding into town on the back of a Psijic camel.

Tonight is gonna be different. Tonight I’m going at it with the clan. Tonight we will reign victorious over all those Tamriel baddies.

Til next time.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday’s random normal that was well in progress when I joined; I got the build shakedown and mechanics quiz for falkreath. Turns out, the group in there didn’t know what they were doing. The tank gets one shot and is screaming about 68k damage from what?!#? The 2H, Archer, Mage and Bone Collosus Boss.

I’m not pro, but I know a little bit. I had just ran this a few times the other day...as a tank, but now I’m DPS. The tank is running the Bone Collosus all over the place then dying for whatever reason and getting the rest of the group killed while scurrying to res...

I’m not sure why this chap kept dying and then screaming about it. I told him to block and hold boss in middle and should be fine as it was for me the day before.

There was an aire of animosity in the group and general lack of being coachable, so I had to dip.

As it was apparent there is a need for good tanks in the game, I swapped to my tank. Random daily got wayrest 2.

I don’t know what it is about these groups with max level nightblades but they’ve been terrible lately. I went in to round up the trash, got to other side of the bridge and they’re still fighting the first. Wait wait wait for them to finish it off and catch up....they’re still fighting trash. So I go back over there and healer cops an attitude and rolls out.

I can’t blame him. This DPS is atrocious. 5 minutes into this dungeon and still fighting beginning trash. It’s just rough. Pug life is really bad sometimes. I left too.

I find myself desperately looking for some decent action, put out zone chat: Tank LFG that doesn’t suck. The whispers start coming in. Not all pleasant. I agreed to tank NSO for a guy. He’s still putting group together as I port in and meet up with a couple DPS.

So we start working our way to the first boss. One tank. One healer. A few DPS. We start the fight. I think there was 7 or 8 in group by the time it was done. The leader is still trying to get more people in the group as we charge onward to the rest of the dungeon. The callouts were for kill Overchargers wherever they’re at. Smashed out the rock troll boss, Osara, the ads and the last boss...finished the whole thing with 9 players from craglorn pug in about 45 minutes.

Being real honest here, I’ve done SO a hundred times. It was just something to do today. Some of these guys were commenting about hair on arms standing up they were so excited to beat Osara and get this far in Sanctum and finish the whole thing seamlessly with 9 people and fast. It kind of gave me a tickle.

Yes. Really. There’s still some players out there that haven’t had the luxury of experiencing a decently run trial. Crazy right?

I would not be too hard on that tank.

On just regular pulls the Minotaurs in Falkearth can hit insanely hard. Even on Normal mode they can one-shot a tank who isn't blocking - which is bad design frankly because it can be difficult or next to impossible to watch animations in this game due to all the graphical effects and summoned monsters obstructing your view etc. When I first did that dungeon (on Vet) I thought it was an April Fool's joke or something it was so ridiculous.

I'm going to give you some good advice if you want to avoid stress and wasting time in the future. Don't pug DLC dungeons on Veteran mode - especially Falkearth - and only pug normals with your best every role character so you can carry the group if you need to. Because those dungeons are difficult - especially on veteran - and the pathetic level up/questing experience on this game simply doesn't prepare players for them.
    Edited by Jeremy on August 27, 2018 6:14PM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, I finished off leveling elemental weapon in VHRC with a guild last night. Trials must be the worst place to level stuff. Not much xp.

This guild has a 25k min DPS requirement so everything went ok.

We even beat the top flame spinner boss with no healer and a StamBlade with some random lightning staff he picked up. It was pretty funny. I guess he was kind of our vigor healer.

Then we did it again. Because everyone is looking for mythical AY stuff.

Ran a random daily for leveling channeled acceleration. Got CoH1. The other DD was level 130. The tank was 600 something and really good. Pulled the whole dungeon to the second boss, where I basically get to solo damage the boss. Gawd I felt so bad. My damage is half of what it should be.
    Execute phases are fast, but everything else is slow.

Moving along, get to the Illambris twins and we hardmode it. This took awhile. Tank is actually looking for Ebon rings that only the 130 guy gets. Heheheh.

Later I met up with a friend farming CoA1 for BSW. During a reset, went to his house so could work on rotation with me a bit.

I’m half convinced my game is bugged or something. Damage goes up 8k having him ele drain for me, rather than doing it myself. Like really, 3 casts of Ele Drain cost me that much damage? I’m still barely over 30k and should be near 40, getting closer to 50. I should just go back to Stam toons.

He sends me some Gilliamtherogue video stuff to watch. This Beardless Wizard clearly know something we don’t. I hear these talks of dot management, spammables, GCD. Hear this guy clicking away like a madman and furiously typing into a keyboard some über rotation, while looking calm cool and collected Gandalf style.
    It’s not like that on a PS4 controller. clicking turns into trigger pulling and thumb button smashing.

I just suck at magic DPS. And I really shouldn’t. But I do. My freaking maelstrom MagBlade build does a whopping 18k with my craptastic rotation. But it works for me. Which is by far the most important thing. But I’m really not a beginner in there either. Just feel that way on mag toons.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, Labor Day weekend came and went with a Flurry. A great many of things happening around Tamriel!

In Kylewwefan land, I managed to get into a group and beat one of the new wolfhumper dungeons, and got this awesome memento to transform you into a giant hulking Werewolf! It’s pretty sweet really!

The other new dungeon has not gone so well.....

Battlegrounds

I’m really digging the battlegrounds. I’m also really really bad and terrible at them. Nonetheless, they are FUN AF! Just ignore the other teammates telling me how bad I am and should just leave or kill myself....

I can run them on every toon, straight from Horse training, writs and dungeon running to Battlegrounds! Some people take them a little bit too seriously...

Trials

No weekend in Tamriel is complete without a few trials. They’re a great way to get tranny stones TBH. And farming for gear. Normal or Vet gives you the same great stuff.

The game developers really messed something up pretty bad in Vet versions though. You can throw together a group from zone chat and easily crush normals, but few groups have what it takes to complete a vet.

Maelstrom

Well, the quest for Flawless Conquering is not going well. However, scoring leaderboard runs on easy toons is an area I can certainly excel at. Looking at you mister Warden and Mrs. Templar

In other Maelstrom news, I have taken an extracurricular job of helping others through some difficult levels and some onto becoming Stormproof. I can play their characters through PSN Shareplay. It is difficult, but enjoy the challenge.

Also, can completely configure their toons to something more optimized which really helps them out in the game. It blows my mind how many older, retired folks out there play this game.

They get a real kick out of watching me play their toons. Get to meet some cool people too. I’ll keep doing this if ZOS lets me by unblocking freaking account!

The Cult

Well these guys are kind of like young new love. They came on hot and strong with a sense of burning passion to do stuff. Now I can’t get a group to do VDSA when it’s the weekly. SMDH.

It didn’t stop me from trying. A few Craglorn PUG’s was enough to put an end to that though. No chance. Just a waste of time.

• Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep living the dream Kyle, you're a nice guy and this is an entertaining read. If I see you in BGs I'll try not to kill you too many times
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3141198-9964243430-purpl.jpg

thanks for sharing kyle, i know that's not really your name - but, it is now :p

had a chance to run darkshade 1 a dozen or so times recently - did the tanking, which is pretty easy for that dungeon...

it's been a while since i've farmed pledge dungeons, and, i was kind of surprised at just how quiet most of the runs were on text and voice chat...

almost all of the runs i had more than enough opportunity to go back through the dungeon and find any chests we may have missed on the run...

actually had one healer during a run that was simply throwing out a heal every once in a while, needed to explain that they also had to at the very least light attack bosses and mobs...they took it well, and, started doing some attacks, which was good...

had another run where some weird things happened (disconnects i think) and just one other player and myself needed to complete the dungeon...

not a single vote to kick during any of the runs - and, definitely had some less than polished dungeon divers in there...

my last few runs i actually mic'd up and took some time to say hi and talk with folks...i had a really good time...

its' soooooo cool to play a game with other people whom are even quieter around strangers than myself...

also went through crypt of hearts 1 and direfrost 1 recently...tanking is a little more tricky on the final bosses in CoH 1...

next up is blackheart haven (need a pirate bone bow and 2 hander)...actually looking forward to running it a bunch...

so far i've only done the tanking and healing roles (best opportunities for not dying during the run) through dungeons - one of these days i need to try my hand at some straight dps...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 4, 2018 7:53PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great Morning Fellow Explorer’s, hope you all had a righteous great time in the Imperial City Event!

Sadly, I never made it to the city, and gave up due to frustration, anxiety, and RL pressing matters...

Catfish

I was informed this is the term to call someone trying to befriend you pretending their something they’re not.

Well, some one was trying to catfish me. It kind of funny, but kind of creepy at the same time.

PSN messages from JDM98543 or something fictional made up (not name n shame). “Hi, I’m Amanda. Just got done fortniting with the girls. I like to meet new people. How old are you? Where do you live? Do you have any pets? What’s your social security number? “

I’m a little slow, so it took a minute to find out how to block this encounter. But that was likely my most triumphant event of the weekend!

Dungeons

I actually did all the pledges yesterday on normal with a guild friend and 2 randoms. (I was a fake tank stamina warden) she was a real healer, and we knocked all 3 out in about half an hour.
    The 2 that joined us were very happy to run through them all quickly. I was surprised how much easier ICP was with basically 3 DPS. I did slot a taunt for the flesh Atronach Boss

Random Dungeon

I re spec my tank to Mag DK and needed to level a few skills so random was in order. Unfortunately got Vet ICP arriving to find a lovely blue portal!

Nevertheless, I pressed onward to see what lie ahead! Alright, straight to the Lord Warden Himself!

The group was relieved to see my high level, so I felt no obligation to inform them of my lowly 23k DPS, and instead choose to play mechanics and wave this mailstrom staff around like I know what I’m doing.

It worked! They never suspected a thing. Go in and kill stuff don’t die. I always say. Went great in one try.

Some disclosure, I actually am fairly familiar with imperial city prison, so it wasn’t much surprise to go in there and conquer.....it has gone very very badly before. But I kind of know what I’m doing. A little bit.

Moon Hunter Keep DLC Dungeon

Alas, I’ve yet to complete the wolfhunter mansion dungeon. Tried and tried, but could not get it. Even with people that are somewhat well versed in its inner workings. It has led me to re think this time spent in Tamriel.

Maelstrom Arena

The recent failures have called for a full re-spec of my DK tank to Mag DK DPS. TBH, I started this toon out with great hope of being a monster DPS. Mages guild 10, Dark Elf, at one time BiS gear, etc. Then fell short of every expectation and turned to tanking.

This toon had gold Sun jewelry from some time ago. Maelstrom inferno, BSW. Should be easy right? Not exactly. She has ok good damage. I have decent knowledge of this Arena. But staying alive on a mag DK is something else.

The second level. Those whirling blades wrecked me over and over. Mag DK doesn’t really have much heals going for them.

The sixth round spiders were a disaster. 3 times got the boss down to 12k health and like she just stopped taking damage.

The last round went quick until the final boss then I hit a hard wall. Had to call it for the night.

Ashamed of myself, I had to look up Alcast build. I kept same gear, but my skills were on wrong bars. It makes a difference sometimes.

I was able to get the complete, but she will go back to tanking. Mag DK life is rough. The ICP group thought I was OK. Haha! Little they know...

Trials

All around I saw groups trying to get trials started up, but none of the ones I joined ever panned out this weekend.

I heard it may have been from the new Spider-Man game that came out?

I dont know? It was a dry weekend for this one.
  • Locnaar
    Locnaar
    ✭✭✭
    @kylewwefan you deserve awesomes, so I am giving you awesomes !
    former GM All's Faire Trading Guild

beta tester Jan 2014

overheard in Reaper's Marsh (random brigand) "I only kill people who kill people, 'cause killin' people is wrong ..."
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    made it to tier 100 this weekend (god son did most of the heavy lifting :))...

I am ragnarok...

spiderman is okay...different/upgraded animation, and, they went with an older version of peter parker (boo)...

swinging and wall climbing are a little better though from the last game...different process for unlocking suits...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 17, 2018 4:40PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tanking with PUGs

The other night, I decided to go do some pledges on my NB Tank to get some Transmute Crystals so I can finish changing the traits on his gear. Do the random vet Daily and end up in the CoA2 pledge and get greeted to a blue portal (horrified already). They'd apparently just cleared the boss that clones herself so I run up and they're just starting on the bridge with the constantly spawning adds. I charge thru, grabbing everything and stopping just before the bone colossus. Apartently that was too much for the group to handle and they died several times to AoEs and such while I just held as many on myself as possible, keeping Time Stop going as long as possible while maintaining myself whenever the healer died. Took a bit but no one seemed upset and we kept going forward. Rest of the dungeon is uneventful until we get to Skoria, which they asked me how long I could survive without Platforms so they could do HM. Get boss down to 20-25% on last platform in which case the Healer and a DPS get killed so me and the Sorc DPS proceed to duo him without platforms and get the clear.

My mic is finished charging so I decide to join group chat after we finish and they thanked me for being such an awesome tank, despite their shortcomings (honestly felt I was the one at fault considering the 1 pull with them but whatever) we talked a bit and decide to do more pledges together since they had just reset. Go to do vBC2 pledge before picking up the new pledges and everything was fine, even showed them how to cheese the Maw of Inferno boss. Then, we get to the Kinlord and proceed to do the HM. People had a hard time here. Must have had 6 Daedroths up at one point, boss even got healed once but we didn't wipe, surprisingly enough and ended up recovering and clearing it.

We did vDC1 and vCoA1 pledges and called it a night, all of them sending me a friend request. They weren't the worst group of people I played with, all of them were nice and it was fun to talk with them so overall, despite the numerous hiccups, it was a good day.
    Argonian forever
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KyleWWEfans Europe Excursion

There’s some good stuff in here. Skim through and make sure to check the green letter stuff.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/436140/official-discussion-thread-for-unlock-a-stunning-villa-mount-pet-during-the-summerfall-event/p10

In an effort to help the community out, we traveled over to Europe!

Never been there before, but found it to look strikingly similar to North America? Except for it was kind of empty. I was chatting with one of the locals and they assured me it was only because it was 2:00 am for them while being 8:00pm prime time for me.

Oh yeah, like we were talking about. Never been there before. Actually haven’t made a new character since these whole level up rewards things came to be.

There was this nifty quick quest to do. Finished that off and woke up in Summerset. What a beautiful place this is.

So I have an actual mission to do here. Pathfinder I have to put out a call to zone. Can someone help me out, I’m from the NA Server. The chat lights up all funny. Someone told me to go back home. And other pretty words. It was pretty funny. To me anyways.

Some cool person whispers me and we group up and start knocking the striking locales out. Had a good time exploring this familiar place out. Soon enough the exploring was done. We parted ways. But the feeling of doing something good for the community was strong.

While I was there anyways, decided to visit some other places. Simply amazing, there’s very little bit of lag playing there. Maybe the 2:00am part for that community had something to do with it.

So traveling around to different zones, made it to level 10 very quick. Time to visit Cyrodil! No que, pop right in there.
    ( Daggerfall for Life) there was some small squabbling over at Chalman, went to go check it out. Well, a level 11 w/bad gear and no CP on the main campaign....really all I can do is look at things.

Before I knew it, had been in Europe for over an hour. It was time to go home.

I can’t lie. There were thaughts about making a Champion toon here to do things. Like a CP 160 Stormproof whaaaat!

But there’s too many other things to do than level another account. Maybe one day....

A New Clan

I’ve recently joined a new clan of outcasts that are about hardmodes and the deeper endgame achievements.

“This one seems promising. Don’t hold your breath but, Let’s Find Out! “ That’s a Fruit Ninja quote, for the unfamiliar.

These guys and gals are Legit it seems. Relentless Patience & Some Skill is what it takes. Zero Toxicity. Working towards goals, I diddnt even know I wanted. Feels so good!

They put up with me. I’m learning stuff from them. Together we get stuff done. This is kind of what Iv’e been missing.

Best thing is I diddnt have to go smack ol bones around to get qualified to join an event. That’s a major plus for me.

Yesterday was Cradle of Shadow HardMode. Really not that bad, but the other achievements in there. Still working on them.

The Earthgore Amalgam on HardMode. Uhm uhm uhm. This is what I wanted right?

This fight is designed to make an ultimate tank feel like a weeny. It is tough on your tank. No doubt. Send him some potatoes. After much perseverance and a few tries, the fight is finally over. Man that is a tough one.

There’s a whole bunch of other near elite achievements to work on in here. Looking forward to the challenge! ( I’m by no means elite type player. Lol)

I have a feeling it’s going to be a busy weekend. If I could just get this silly work thing out of the way.

See you around Tamriel Adventurers

• r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭

A New Clan

I’ve recently joined a new clan of outcasts that are about hardmodes and the deeper endgame achievements.

They put up with me. I’m learning stuff from them. Together we get stuff done. This is kind of what Iv’e been missing.

I have a feeling it’s going to be a busy weekend. If I could just get this silly work thing out of the way.

LOL, we like challenging content, what else can we say? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ And you fit right in, we're glad to have ya kyle. :smile:
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I brought my level 10 blue breton templar in to vivec EU last night...

man it was dead...as you mentioned though - probably just the middle of the night for most folks there...

I miss fighting in vivec with a non vet character, they make great bait...the promise of an easy kill and quick AP make it nearly impossible for most players to resist attacking a low level character...

can't tell you how many times I've "lured" an enemy into an area with allies hanging out in stealth...

but, you need to have allies around to make it work...last night will little ally help the only kills I was getting were with siege...

still it was fun...most effective skill I had was the javelin - that always seems to get people annoyed when you ran target someone and hit them with that move over and over and over again...

had one 1vXr that would stop their run around the rocks as soon as they saw me unstealth and come run to kill me...

that kind of made me happy I was able to mess with them enough to get them to even care about a level 10 toon :p

no doubt i'll be back...not sure how long it'll take me to put together some set gear without any of my resources from the NA server - but, shoot, once I can weapon swap and get a few allies to play off of - I'll be a force to be reckoned with there in EU vivec land...even if I only have about 20% of my skills unlocked...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 21, 2018 6:04PM
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every time I see these stories I realize I have got to stop playing PvP so much and do some PvE. Preferably random vet dungeons.
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I frequently run a max-CP templar healer in normal dailies for two reasons: 1) easy keys (of course) and 2) I enjoy supporting new players.

I find it incredibly rude and annoying when the CP900+ magsorc blows through BC1 with me and two level 35's trailing behind. Though, with the changes to shields and templar buffs coming up, it might be CP900+ templars soon. But, that's another thread.

Anyway, some of these low-level PUG runs can actually be pretty enjoyable. For me anyway.
  • Lyss1991
    Lyss1991
    ✭✭✭✭
    We’re glad to have you Kyle! :)
    PS4 NA EST June 2016 | GM of Tamriel’s Outkasts Social Guild | Main - Assylah - Max CP Breton Mag Sorc - Master Angler - Mageslayer - Shehai Shatterer - Ophidian Overlord | Best Thief in Tamriel - Khajiit NB Purrfecta Meowna | Aspiring Master Crafter | Achievement Hunter | Recipe/Blueprint Enthusiast | Costume Junkie | Primary Residence - Princely Dawnlight Palace
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I equate players with how I handle people in my job.

I rather take people who don't know what they are doing but with good attitude than people who is a tank/dps/heals God but *** attitude.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • StrafeSinnlos
    StrafeSinnlos
    ✭✭✭
    Well I was weaving my f-bombs in between every word like a pro
    I should probably try this rotation whenever I pug xD
    I like your style!
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mid Week Mayhem!

Well, I haven’t actually played yet today, but so super excited from what’s been going on in Tamriel had to write a post!

Summerset Zone chat is lit with Euro players coming over to get their pathfinder achievements. The community is really pulling together to make this happen. Everyone’s tired of being stuck in the closet I guess.....coming out in droves!

My guilds are going over there and doing it. It’s gonna happen.

Iv’e no idea what I’m gonna do with another massive house? My island is a wreck. Need to get better home and gardens out here to fix things up.

In Other News

This terribad player right here has been working on skin runs! Hard Mode DLC, No Death challenges, speed runs.

I’m probably not really suited for this kind of stuff....I wouldn’t take me to a no death run. But it’s happening!

Last night, after a number of attempts...ok a lot. it happened. Got the no death run in Ruins of Mazzatun!

I’ll keep this short cause I’m not one to gush.

Oh yeah baby! Got that sweet amber plasm skin! Man it looks Good on a Khajit. I always thaught them skins look cool on other people’s characters, but when you see it on your own toon....it’s something else.

Keep on Pugging!

Despite joining up with a bunch of stellar players to carry me kicking and screaming through hard dungeons, I still find myself group finder pugging it a lot. This stuff is probably bad for your health. And definitely bad on the bank account and repair bills.

It just so happens, I found myself tanking Vet Ruins of Mazzatun for this one group of the mechanically challenged. The first boss took awhile. There was a wipe or two on Mighty Chudan, because of the mark and the bubble mix up. It all came to an end at Xal Nur.

Uhm..well? The DPS was, shall we say not a lot. Or maybe just poorly timed ultimate usage. Anyways, I had a real rough time trying to hold 3 trolls and the boss in a place they could do their thing. I don’t remember there being 3 trolls up when I did it as a DD?

So after a few tries, I had to go and make dinner or do laundry or something. I’ll help you guys out later if you’re still there!

Get Rich Quick

So, the cool thing about doing hardmode stuff is you get all these sweet Motifs. I happen to also be a member of some premier free trader guilds to help get some sweet gold for these highly sought after Motifs. I GOT 5K gold almost instantly selling Mazzatun Head or shoulder...I don’t remember what it was but it sold quick and covered the cost of repairs!

Somebody told me I should have sold it for more but I know very little about trading other than intricate stuff and white glyphs fly off the shelf for me.

That’s all Folks

Well that’s all I got. Make sure you you guys go get the Summerset pathfinder achievement
    by discovering the striking locales around and about Summerset and Arteum

And do it both in the NA server and the Eu server!

That’s right folks. This time your achievements can count twice!