The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Filthy Casual: Tales of Woe & Despair with Occasional Triumphant Conquest

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »
    Cryptical wrote: »
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    What is it with healers rocking green balls? I also think it would be better for healer to use Destro Ult or meteor .
    Sanctuary set. With dungeons that require complicated mechanics or have triggered events when the boss hits certain health percentages, the dps boost from spell power cure can become a fatal flaw. Like, stacking up a bunch of stone laser orbs in vet scalecaller can be an issue. Or a bunch of corrupted nereids at the giant matriarch boss. So, it’s reasonable then to dump that in favor of sanctuary which reinforces group survival through those processes.

I often wonder why I don’t see some stam dps characters wearing the hircine veneer.

I believe that I understood "what", "is", "it", "healer" and "better" in this statement, but that's about it. I'm a filthy casual, what can I say.
    On some boss mechanic having an high group dps is an problem, this is an luxury problem, also high dps players tend to adapt to mechanic fast as they are overall good in the game.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • greenmachine
    greenmachine
    ✭✭✭
    Love these posts! Glad to see them again!
    greenmachine513 PS4-NA
    GM of Aldmeri People's Front
    Ionien - Altmer Mag Sorc Stormproof | Dr Jonny Fever - Breton Healplar | Bernie Dresden - Dunmer MagDK | Crushasaurus Rex - Argonian Stam DK
    Ser Greywulf - Nord DK Tank | Meow Kapwn - Khajit Magblade | Twink Versatile - Bosmer Stamblade | Loke-Tarr - Orc Stamden | Juicy Thunderthighs - Redguard Stamsorc | Frizz Grizzberg - Magden | Hax Killstealer - Dunmer Mag Sorc
    HEY HEY HEY SMOKE SKOOMA EVERYDAY
    JOIN THE APF ON PS4NA:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/400830/aldmeri-peoples-front-recruiting-ps4na#latest

HAIL DAEDRA
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is one of favorite threads of all time on the forum. I like that it includes many stories of positive runs, and not just the negative ones that are often documented here.

I needed to take a break from Cyrodiil last night so I decided to do a daily random vet dungeon. Qued up as dps and drew vBC2. The other dps kept quitting. We were not struggling, but we went through 3 before we finished it. The tank and healer invited me to their party, and later sent friends requests since we had a good time.

I decided to run one more and got vCOS. Got a party request right away. The other 3 were friends and wanted to do runs for motifs. No problem. I explained that I brought in my new PvP toon and was just hoping to grind up my undaughted. We had a great time and ran it 3 times before I had to dip to get some sleep. Great group! We got a bunch of achievements so that was pretty cool too.
  • r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    In Other News

This terribad player right here.....
    ^ Not true.
    I’m probably not really suited for this kind of stuff....

^ Also, not true. :smiley:
    Keep on Pugging!

Despite joining up with a bunch of stellar players to carry me.....

hahahhaha. 'carry'. Also, also not true. :p
    I don’t remember there being 3 trolls up when I did it as a DD?

It takes all of 3 - 4 seconds to focus the trolls down. 3 trolls up means your DDs have failed their tank. lol.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can usually tell how good a group is within the first few minutes. Ran vet Arx Corinium yesterday with a PUG. Wasn't timing it, but it felt like it took 10 minutes tops, beat boss on hard mode, no deaths, no mics, no communication, everyone just behaved normally.

Contrast that with the vet HRC PUG I ran Saturday, and you would have thought I was playing 2 different games. About half the group knew the mechanics. That half did not include the off-tank who split time between texting someone and bragging how he solo tanked vet MOL and it was so unusual how he kept dying. On the first boss.

Overall, I'd say I've run into more of the former PUG groups than the latter. But the latter are the ones you can't forget.
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can usually tell how good a group is within the first few minutes. Ran vet Arx Corinium yesterday with a PUG. Wasn't timing it, but it felt like it took 10 minutes tops, beat boss on hard mode, no deaths, no mics, no communication, everyone just behaved normally.

Contrast that with the vet HRC PUG I ran Saturday, and you would have thought I was playing 2 different games. About half the group knew the mechanics. That half did not include the off-tank who split time between texting someone and bragging how he solo tanked vet MOL and it was so unusual how he kept dying. On the first boss.

Overall, I'd say I've run into more of the former PUG groups than the latter. But the latter are the ones you can't forget.

Lol it's impossible to solo tank vmol but yeah there's nothing that puts a bigger smile on my face than watching a blowhard get smacked by Ra Kotu or The Warrior 😄.

And Jesus Kyle, don't give away dlc motifs for nothing. I'll give you more than that for each. Despite running mazz alot I'm still missing the head motif. It's still my favorite skin btw.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dragonstar Arena is the Weekly

I have some great news to announce! I Finally got the Masters Battle Axe! It truly does exist. The collection is now complete.

I had some thaughts about players making the sweet Love to their pile of skeleton bones. I get it. I know it’s kind of important. But learning to play, and do damage and move, and block and roll, and not die every 5 seconds is far more important IMO.

Moving right along. This one time. At band camp. Oh, that’s the wrong thread.

Rolling with the Guildies

When you group up with the big boys expect to get stuff done. Faster, better, less problems, and get to see new innovative ways of doing things.

One weekday evening we went in and whooped up on the Assembly General in the Halls of Fabrication. It was the fastest, smoothest experience in there some had ever seen! I’m sure my 27k DPS MagWarden had something to do with it. It’s so overpowered! Not.

You get to meet some interesting people doing large group activity. This one kid was going on about getting some reliable transportation. So, he bought a longboard. I’ve never heard of such thing. It’s basically a really long skate board, with marginally larger wheels. The whole conversation was a bit strange. Kids. I don’t even remember what Trial we were in.

My other Guild had our Victorious Naked HRC run. That was fun.

Edit to add: How could I forget about Vet March of Sacrifiices!? I tanked this with some WW DPS. I was wearing Galenwe/Alkosh. The WW burn is through the roof in there with the Memento finder whisp Buff. These guys skipped phases by burning the boss so fast! Only problem was there must have been about 20 wolves up at the end.

Tales of Woe

Reading this far, you must be waiting to hear tales of woe and despair and a lowly tank curled up in a corner crying.

That could only come from attempting a group finder pug Vet Ruins of Mazzatun. I don’t know what it is about this dungeon. Or WGT for that matter. I gave it my best shot. This one particular group had already had a number of tanks bail on them. The healer was mildly triggered because of being a Khajit. Enough prologue, let’s begin.

So after traveling through the blue portal of doom to find them waiting and we make our way to Xal Nur. We talk about what has to take place at what time, what to do, focus the trolls etc.

Got real close to victory, and wiped. Somebody accidentally wayshrine and have to wait a few for them to make it back. Try again. Wipe. One more time and we got it!

It’s near an hour I’ve been in here with this motley crew by now. Dinner is about ready and I’m gonna have to go very soon.

Alright! One more fight and this place is done. These knuckleheads are jeering over the scroll of glorious combat. They read it. Fight starts. Doing damage. Stoneshaper comes out. Completely ignored. The totem takes 25 seconds to burn down. It’s a wipe.

They seemed to think they really had a shot at this. So they read it again. I was definitely crying a good bit on the inside. But alas, it was the same thing again.

This time, I start the fight so they cannot read the scroll. Got down to execute phase and wiped because. I’m not sure why we wiped really, but tried it again straight away. Got the boss down to 24k health and wiped because they tried to move to the reveal statue instead of executing tree minder Na Kesh.

Well that’s all kids. I gtg do dinner. Sorry.

It was close. I think they could have really had that, but times up. Wasted too much time reading the scroll knowing full and well they weren’t capable of this.

Some Healer Thaughts

In much of my experiences, a full time healer that does very little if any damage in harder dungeons is not so good.

You can only buff the group but so much, and those buffs are very marginal on a lower damage group from the start.

Do some damage. In the last case, it wasn’t that a non meta trials type healer couldn’t do the job, but focused solely on healing and does no damage.

They just needed a tiny little push to get over the edge and would have made it. Maybe a wall of elements, some purifying light and a little bit of Jesus Beam for the win.

Edited by kylewwefan on October 8, 2018 3:12PM
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dragonstar Arena is the Weekly

I have some great news to announce! I Finally got the Masters Battle Axe! It truly does exist. The collection is now complete.

I had some thaughts about players making the sweet Love to their pile of skeleton bones. I get it. I know it’s kind of important. But learning to play, and do damage and move, and block and roll, and not die every 5 seconds is far more important IMO.

Moving right along. This one time. At band camp. Oh, that’s the wrong thread.

Rolling with the Guildies

When you group up with the big boys expect to get stuff done. Faster, better, less problems, and get to see new innovative ways of doing things.

One weekday evening we went in and whooped up on the Assembly General in the Halls of Fabrication. It was the fastest, smoothest experience in there some had ever seen! I’m sure my 27k DPS MagWarden had something to do with it. It’s so overpowered! Not.

You get to meet some interesting people doing large group activity. This one kid was going on about getting some reliable transportation. So, he bought a longboard. I’ve never heard of such thing. It’s basically a really long skate board, with marginally larger wheels. The whole conversation was a bit strange. Kids. I don’t even remember what Trial we were in.

My other Guild had our Victorious Naked HRC run. That was fun.

Edit to add: How could I forget about Vet March of Sacrifiices!? I tanked this with some WW DPS. I was wearing Galenwe/Alkosh. The WW burn is through the roof in there with the Memento finder whisp Buff. These guys skipped phases by burning the boss so fast! Only problem was there must have been about 20 wolves up at the end.

Tales of Woe

Reading this far, you must be waiting to hear tales of woe and despair and a lowly tank curled up in a corner crying.

That could only come from attempting a group finder pug Vet Ruins of Mazzatun. I don’t know what it is about this dungeon. Or WGT for that matter. I gave it my best shot. This one particular group had already had a number of tanks bail on them. The healer was mildly triggered because of being a Khajit. Enough prologue, let’s begin.

So after traveling through the blue portal of doom to find them waiting and we make our way to Xal Nur. We talk about what has to take place at what time, what to do, focus the trolls etc.

Got real close to victory, and wiped. Somebody accidentally wayshrine and have to wait a few for them to make it back. Try again. Wipe. One more time and we got it!

It’s near an hour I’ve been in here with this motley crew by now. Dinner is about ready and I’m gonna have to go very soon.

Alright! One more fight and this place is done. These knuckleheads are jeering over the scroll of glorious combat. They read it. Fight starts. Doing damage. Stoneshaper comes out. Completely ignored. The totem takes 25 seconds to burn down. It’s a wipe.

They seemed to think they really had a shot at this. So they read it again. I was definitely crying a good bit on the inside. But alas, it was the same thing again.

This time, I start the fight so they cannot read the scroll. Got down to execute phase and wiped because. I’m not sure why we wiped really, but tried it again straight away. Got the boss down to 24k health and wiped because they tried to move to the reveal statue instead of executing tree minder Na Kesh.

Well that’s all kids. I gtg do dinner. Sorry.

It was close. I think they could have really had that, but times up. Wasted too much time reading the scroll knowing full and well they weren’t capable of this.

Some Healer Thaughts

In much of my experiences, a full time healer that does very little if any damage in harder dungeons is not so good.

You can only buff the group but so much, and those buffs are very marginal on a lower damage group from the start.

Do some damage. In the last case, it wasn’t that a non meta trials type healer couldn’t do the job, but focused solely on healing and does no damage.

They just needed a tiny little push to get over the edge and would have made it. Maybe a wall of elements, some purifying light and a little bit of Jesus Beam for the win.

I love ur storeez. But for real, when you are at the execute phase, drop some springs and jab out FTW.

I've had many PUG setups on the boss "final 50" where I hit barrier and drain my entire magicka pool spamming sweeps - while everyone lies dead at my feet. Nope; we're not doing this again kiddos. Your healer is now tanking and burning down this b*tch.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Veteran Imperial City Prison PUG

It’s a pugly world out there. So, I decided to warm up the ol Tank before a scheduled trial run and this little gem comes up as my random.

Our group healer has assumed the lead role of explaining every fight in painstaking detail to the hired guns in this venture.

I can tell you honestly, they had great burn. Stuff was dying decently fast. There were no mechanics to worry about with the flesh sculptor, just burn the Atro’s down and carry on.

The big guy was not much of a problem. The necromancer minibosses only had to be directed to the totems to burn down.

Basically these guys were great until the Finale with The Lord Warden.

The healer needed 10 minutes to explain every nuance of the fight....I only had a few minutes left before needed to be somewhere else....so naturally I had to start the fight. I think it’s better to learn while you fight really. They did well...the first pull. So I took us straight back into it.

Well, the healer got a bit snippy, died and refused to take a res. Honestly I could have kept ressing and resing and we could have finished this off....but time got short.

I’ve got very little patience for these long winded explanations being forced onto us. Maybe it would have helped. But I had to go.

They were close. If they got a decent tank, I’m sure they would have finished it up promptly. The healer was being helpful, but not my cup o tea. We could have ended it.

For some reason I hope they get a few fake tanks to work with first.

Next Stop, VAA

Man. This guild is starting to get serious. They got this big dummy for everyone to beat on first before we go in. I have to hit it every couple seconds to and get Synergy Procs and stuff.

I find it a bit awkward, but there’s some logic to it. Apparently we were about 10 seconds too slow to attempt hardmode. I dont know? Burn seemed stellar to me.

Everything going fine. Everyone knows what their doing. Halfway into first boss, pads decide to stop lighting up. I’m so awesome, never died once. Just kidding, I got lucky and followed the people that could see. There were some possibly avoidable deaths.

Moving right along.

Half way into it, it’s bed time. Got to put my 3 yo down. I go and get her water n stuff for the good night ritual, and she picks up my controller to play daddy’s game. Starts the fight with Galadriel.

Wife is at top of stairs...come on..let’s go. Ughhhhhh BrB.

Turn off lights, hugs n kiss, tuck good night...you know, the night time ritual.

I come back at about %20 left. Sorry guys. For what? Someone says...nvmnd

There was a plea for hardmode, but the leader says nah. Better not. I got four axes. The fourth one was only out for about 10 seconds before it was time to rush the middle. I thaught the burn was really good.

Oh well, maybe next time.

It feels so anti climatic when you whoop the heck out of Vet Trial, but feel like could have done more.

I’ll just leave this here

I’ve started a new adventure in a far away land. Any of you care to join me, I’ll drop the link here.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/440156/starting-over-in-a-new-land#latest
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Back After Popular Demand

It’s been a little while since I’ve updated this one, but back here in the NA it was an interesting weekend of fail. Got to admit, these stories would be better if I hadn’t been involved.

But it is what it is. No one wants to hear how your group is so awesome you clear VAA HM in 15 minutes cause your group is so awesome. Rough Progressions through FG1 working the way up to vet....much more comical!

Answer the Call. Elite Guild LF DD nCR+3

TBH, I’ve done nCR+3 once a week with another guild I’m in for a few months and it’s going pretty good at this point. They take pretty much anyone. It’s chill, relaxed and laid back and a lot of fun. The players are cool and get stuff done. Love these guys and gals.

The higher end guild I’m in, not so much. They’ve got 2 strikes this weekend; let’s jump right in.

Worth noting, everyone in this group is Max CP and the DPS burn is really strong. I think this might have been adding to the issues we were having. I stayed around for 3 wipes. Then the group fizzled out and disbanded.

How it Goes

If you don’t know nCR+3 real good, it’s like this. Burn the boss. Mini boss comes out, shift damage to him. He gets chained up like the Minotaurs do to ya in Bloodroot Forge when you beat him. There’s 3 of these through the fight.

Portals

Portal appears in middle of place. Team goes through portal. You burn these crystals down there. An orb is hidden in random crystals. You do a Synergy and collect the orb.

Topside they get what looks like a Templar’s shard, but it’s green and randomly appears somewhere. They have to do a Synergy to make it appear downstairs.

Whoever has the orb on them takes it to the Shard and does a Synergy. There’s 3 of these for each portal phase

Also in the Portal

There’s a shadow image of the boss down here that does some raunchy attacks that one shot many players. It’s good to have a third tank in the group just for this guy.

At one point, he does a huge arena wide AOE attack that one shots players. There’s a swirly circle you run to, do a Synergy and it floats you up to a safe spot on a ledge. After the attack, you jump back down from the ledge and carry on.

After they’re all done, you get removed from the shadow realm and back to the fight with everyone else.

Done Correctly

Well, done correctly/ successfully in my experience, you basically need 3 tanks. 1 for the boss. 1 for the mini boss. 1 for the portal boss. 2 healers. 7 DPS.

The portal team could be 2 or 3 DPS and a tank. Portal tank should go through first, and get portal boss; THEN the rest of the portal team goes through. They need to be relatively self sustaining as you take constant damage in the shadow realm.

I’ll admit, the third tank has not a lot to do when not in portal. But he’s pretty important to have in the group.

What Went Wrong

While it was worth mentioning the max CP players and strong DPS, it should also be noted there was only 2 tanks here. The main tank was taunting the mini boss to him and tanking them both together. I think what was happening here was the Main Boss was taking too much damage too fast and causing the extra mini bosses to come out too fast.

They’re much better to take one at a time in my limited experience. The DPS couldn’t focus him when he was right on the boss.

We’re running around with all 3 mini boss up at the same time. It was chaos.

I was not on the portal team, but I don’t think things were going well down there either. Maybe the second tank was confused if he was supposed to tank the mini boss or go through the portal?

Then It Happened

Oh the elitist scumbag moment. You know he couldn’t hold back. “I normally Tank this solo” you people are just *** and not doing what you’re supposed to do. I’ve been tanking VHOF blah blah blah.

Oh my goodness. Get me out of here. What a tool. This guy.... don’t be like this guy.

At least it was Quick

This endeavor was only about half hour or so. For me anyways. No idea how long they were working with this guy.

Strike 2

Well this one was much more kind of my fault. Friend of mine was looking to get an Earthgore Helmet so I tried putting a team together for it from guild chats.

Then something came up and she had to go. I should have stopped right here. Should have. I don’t need anything out of here. It was the daily though.

So this weirdo I get from a certain guild is complaining about the group finder healer like nothing I’ve ever seen. I’m tanking btw.

Tried skipping the ads, but some diddnt seem to know how. So they got to deal with the ads. 5 minutes later when the ads are done..start working on the first bear boss.

I hadn’t seen stranglers come out on this boss in quite some time, usually he’s done and you don’t get any. Well, not this time. Already knew this was not the group for it.

Add our way on to the next boss, the hagraven with stranglers and a bear. It did not go well. This guy is going on about not getting heals. Then he shifts focus to me. I’m not keeping the ads off of him blah blah blah.

I got a little snarky. If you wouldn’t take ten minutes to kill the ads, they wouldn’t be a problem. The other DD couldn’t stay out of the poison and died every time one of the bear cubs would sneeze in his direction. The damage per hour meter was not getting off the ground.

Had to abandon this trip. Sorry guys. I got to go wash my hair or something

• greenmachine
    greenmachine
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome, this thread is one of my favorite things about the forums. Relatable, not elitist, not preachy. Please keep these coming.
    greenmachine513 PS4-NA
    GM of Aldmeri People's Front
    Ionien - Altmer Mag Sorc Stormproof | Dr Jonny Fever - Breton Healplar | Bernie Dresden - Dunmer MagDK | Crushasaurus Rex - Argonian Stam DK
    Ser Greywulf - Nord DK Tank | Meow Kapwn - Khajit Magblade | Twink Versatile - Bosmer Stamblade | Loke-Tarr - Orc Stamden | Juicy Thunderthighs - Redguard Stamsorc | Frizz Grizzberg - Magden | Hax Killstealer - Dunmer Mag Sorc
    HEY HEY HEY SMOKE SKOOMA EVERYDAY
    JOIN THE APF ON PS4NA:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/400830/aldmeri-peoples-front-recruiting-ps4na#latest

HAIL DAEDRA
  • nerfworthy
    nerfworthy
    ✭✭✭
    This is the first time this has happened to me so far: I queued for a random normal and got put in moonhunter. I was instantly kicked from the group without a word... ok, weird. So I requeue.. get put into the same dungeon with the same group, lol.

So I decide to ask them, why did you kick me? The leader of the group said "you are too low for this vet, sweetie". I said well I queued for n.. not vet. The rest of the group piped up as well, saying this is n.

The leader then said "well I'll leave then unless we kick you because I'm not going to waste my inventory on wipes since you can't perform". Strange since we hadn't even started trash, how do they know if I can't perform???

I said don't bother, I'll leave myself. GL.
    Edited by nerfworthy on December 10, 2018 4:00PM
    MagWarden main and a Dunmer enthusiast!
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @nerfworthy there’s some real knuckleheads out there man. Lol!

I Used to go with the flow sometimes. See a vote to kick. Go head and kick. Then the last time I kicked. Immediately followed by me getting kicked also. That was comical. Was laughing myself. But for now on, you got to prove how bad you can be before I vote.

Moving Right Along

Working on my tank lately has got me into some interesting endeavors. The other day was a random falkreath hold. Arrive to a blue portal of doom and despair. So I march forth anyways to see how it goes. They’re at third boss I think? Archer, 2H dude, ice Mage and Bone Colosus. This group had some pretty good damage we just took a minute to get in the groove.

There was 2 wipes, then a clear by the skin of our teeth. Two ran in the same direction, overlapped the big circle and got nuked, it all falls apart. These guys seem to know the dungeon, just weren’t coordinating good. We got through.

Next boss was a piece of cake. Now on to Domihaus, the main boss. This group had really strong damage so it was gonna be more about game mechanics than anything. I kind of screwed up the pillars at “grovel” and then diddnt block when chaining in the flame atro, got dead and caused the first wipe.

It was epic when we beat it. Our coordination was still a little off. There was one pillar left at %20 health. The ads were going nuts. We have to hide behind it at %12. I went down. The healer picks me up. Had a warhorn ready and popped that off. It was chaos. Boss is hanging on by a sliver. Finally he drops!

It Ain’t Easy

last night que for another random, lands me to Vet Direfrost Keep! With a blue portal of gloom to travel through straight away. Sigh. Anyone that’s been around here knows what this is about.

So, as I’m climbing up the ladder to see what’s going on here, the screen does a whiteout and my dude starts grabbing his head and screaming. These knuckleheads put it in hardmode.

This is a strange boss for a vet dungeon. You don’t need a tank. Heck, don’t really need a healer. You need to know how to break free quick. Damage. More damage the better.

The boss has roughly 5.x million health on HardMode. Not sure if there’s anything else special about it. 2 good DPS have it done in about a minute. After 4 minutes, the boss is down to %80 health and beams the weakest link. This guy don’t know how to break free. She goes back up to %96. Healer goes to res this guy and she beams him too. Boss is at %100 after 5 or 6 minutes in.

I asked to be kicked. So I can avoid the que penalty. This guy says he’s gonna report me. I said bye and left. Now he’s whispering me bad names and stuff. He called me stupid fat elitist pos. Man. Gimme a break. If they only knew.

It’s Not Safe

Tanking in this game is perilous. You never know what kind of group your gonna get. Just there a very good probability it will be bad. Relish the good or even decent ones.

I recently leveled a new toon on the EU server, so I knew not to punish them over there with my low level badness. Some People don’t seem to have a care in the world though. Take it out on everyone. Thankfully you’re restricted to non DLC vet dungeons til CP 300.

I think it would be better to restrict Vet dungeons til CP 160.

The Last Straw

Random que tank for Vet. Darkshade Caverns 1. CP 90 healer, CP 140 and CP 167 DD. I’m inclined to think this may be a group of friends venturing their into ESO Vet content. I can’t be a part of this anymore.

Hung around for a few minutes. While they worked on the ads and maybe the second boss. The best guy was spamming executioner. At least it was a skill. But seemed to be the only one known.

I get it. It’s a cool looking animation and awesome name skill. Swinging that giant 2H looks pretty cool.

I don’t need to do randoms. Got more CP than I’ll be able to use for a few years. Taking a break from random.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As You May Recall

normal Sanctum Ophidia is a Craglorn Trial than can be relatively quick and painless with less than 12 people and any old thrown together group. Unless I get involved. I have a tendency to pick the lemons out of the bunch.

This was a trader guild call out. I was a little bored of new life quests so jumped on in. That was a mistake. From start to finish this was complete chaos. People dying. Bosses and mobs running loose. Low low low damage. No heals. Seeing the transmutation streams coming off me giving all that extra Crit resistance was slightly alarming.

I did not realize wtf exactly was going on to make it so bad until the last boss. But when I finally got a good watch of this “tank” in action. It was over the top. Dancing around, roll dodging, dragging the boss all over the place, etc. When he dragon leaped the celestial Serpent bar swapping into 2H executioner it was known for sure.

The tank was an idiot. Hey hey hey. No name n shame or anything, but some people still have no clue what they’re doing. Then had the nerve to say why we all die too fast. I called him out. Some tried defending him. People started leaving. I left. Diddnt get a finish or any tranny stones. Might as well have kept on questing.

The call outs for LTF AY daggers made me chuckle a bit too much.

Weekends in Tamriel are great. Fml

New Life Event is Making Me Broke

I’ve given in to buying New Life Writs. These people are making a killing off them.

Soon as I get another 40k gold saved back up, I’m gonna buy another one. Maybe the flood gates will open up and they start dropping like lollipops. Or at least enough to drop the re sale value of them.

Quests were fine for a day, but I still need 5 more of these things. I e heard of these cool guilds where people are just giving them away to each other. I’m not in any of those, but if you feel like making someone super duper happy, I’ll take em!

Not Completely to Blame

Before the festival, I went on a motif splurge, buying up and finishing off some styles. Like many, I’m a crafter and semi-completionist at heart. It was driving me nuts having all these half finished motif books. I spent an unhealthy amount of gold finishing off a bunch.

I may have spent a little too much.

Man I need to make some scratch. Maybe I should start running Maelstrom for people again. If my accounts un blocked now? Felt like I had all kinds of gold when I was running a bunch of Vet Trials and stuff. Now I’ve become really good at spending it.
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah, the blue portal of doom. I got put into vet Fang Lair one random evening and was greeted by the BPoD. I quietly kicked myself from the group :smile:
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dirty Dirty

Playing a tank has been doing me so dirty lately. It was suggested that I’m possibly the worlds most unfortunate player. I get one hour+ Fungal Grotto runs; 45 minute Darkshade Caverns; Direfrost Keep so bad I have to leave runs.

I get this kind of stuff all the time. I really strongly believe this is much more the average experience of players

Crypt of Hearts 2 was the daily. The lowest CP in this group was 739. After 10 minutes fighting the first room trash and before the hole in the floor mobs, I wished them good luck and left. One guy spamming executioner and the other flurry, Dawnbreaker, spin to win. They probably do well in battlegrounds, but not here. Not today.

Then I Get A Super Group

Random que leads me into Vet Fang Lair. With a blue portal of doom. Voice Chat is broken. They text if I know this dungeon. I say, kill the beetle. Kill the boss. Twice. Good enough.

After a minute or so running to catch up, they’re actually on the circus boss. Went straight in and beat it relatively effortlessly. This is a good group. Dungeon went pretty good. So well, they decided to put it in hardmode. That part diddnt go so well. I failed them. One try was all, then normal. Piece of cake.

Almost exact same scenario happens with Cradle of Shadows some time later, but me on a DD toon now. The other DPS puts it in hardmode. I’m not sure why. The group wipe. He does it again. Tank bails. I can’t blame him. That was uncalled for. This is a group finder pug after all. Supposed to be quick easy fun runs. I’m not hanging around for a good tank to appear. Good night guys. See ya later.

Beware of the Elitist Bungholes

They might be crazy good at this game. But there’s something off. You can be good, and still be cool. Need to work on this myself a bit actually. I shouldn’t get so frustrated with things. Just move along.

I Pug A Lot

The group finder puts me in odd predicaments. This time it’s City of Ash 2 with just a tank and healer. The blue portal takes me straight to Valkyn Skoria. We wait a few minutes for another DD. We decided to give it a go while waiting.

These poor guys had been in here awhile and were commenting how fast the bosses health was dropping. It was done on the beginning of the fourth pad. They were ecstatic! My head blew up like a ballon. Triumphant Conquest indeed!

The Progression Begins

I managed to get a sub spot on a new VMOL progression with one my guild. After one night, 2 dudes diddnt work out. So now I get a core spot. I’ve played with everyone here, ironically except the two that got whacked. They all good peoples.

Uhm...I’ve been in a few progressions that fizzled out. Quick. And two, where the core got their skin and left. What about the subs? Well, you know where I stand on that. 1.2mil baby!

There was always this thaught of learning trials, and passing it on to help others. For some reason that just never happens. Like ever.

All weekend long, it’s the vet Craglorn 3 and normal everything else. I’ve no idea who the devs think they’re creating this stuff for, it’s just not in tune with the average crowd.
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agreed to tank NSO for a guy. He’s still putting group together as I port in and meet up with a couple DPS.

So we start working our way to the first boss. One tank. One healer. A few DPS. We start the fight. I think there was 7 or 8 in group by the time it was done. The leader is still trying to get more people in the group as we charge onward to the rest of the dungeon. The callouts were for kill Overchargers wherever they’re at. Smashed out the rock troll boss, Osara, the ads and the last boss...finished the whole thing with 9 players from craglorn pug in about 45 minutes.

Being real honest here, I’ve done SO a hundred times. It was just something to do today. Some of these guys were commenting about hair on arms standing up they were so excited to beat Osara and get this far in Sanctum and finish the whole thing seamlessly with 9 people and fast. It kind of gave me a tickle.

Yes. Really. There’s still some players out there that haven’t had the luxury of experiencing a decently run trial. Crazy right?

That's pretty rad, lol.

I ended up in a PUG once for nmol which we had no tank at all up till the twins. Then just 1 tank for the rest of the run. No tanking was so much fun!
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beware of the Elitist Bungholes

They might be crazy good at this game. But there’s something off. You can be good, and still be cool. Need to work on this myself a bit actually. I shouldn’t get so frustrated with things. Just move along.

@kylewwefan great thread as usual.

Yes!!! I hear ya on this I always try to help newer players but I hope I never came across as Elitist. Sometimes people can be so bad and have such an attitude I cant contain myself, but like you said I should just move along...
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://youtu.be/MRdxOMpuhtc

‘‘Twas a hair raising adventure” I should have died in many places. But the frost staff blocking passives prevailed. I’ve got some good stories coming. Whenever I have some time to jot them down. Ttyl.
    Edited by kylewwefan on January 24, 2019 8:47PM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Welcome to this weeks episode of Tamriel’s Baddies!

Hey friends, hope all is well with you and glorious adventures! You know I have a rough time of it living the pug life; I’ll share some comical adventures that might crack a smile or unfortunately a shared experience!

Craglorn: Tank LFG Trials

That only took a few seconds to get into a Vet HelRa Citadel. Something very odd happened straight off the bat. I couldn’t understand anything they were talking about in chat?! Oh and chat worked! These guys were Brazilian all speaking Portuguese. I got used to that scenario on the EU server, but it’s odd here on the NA.

So they finish off Ra Kotu simple enough and we move on to the upstairs/ downstairs fight. I was tanking upstairs, and pretty much assumed we would just wipe this and travel to player after the bottom finished, skipping the fight all together.

The group basically wipes, but the boss glitches stuck in the middle. Get some res, They Kill the boss and we head back downstairs to the big room waiting for the split side.

In a strange turn of events, the bottom wipes at %12. Wow. So, they travel to player, go through the cleared top and meet up with us. Everything else goes fine

That Wasn’t Enough, I Need More Adventure

Back at it again; Tank LFG Trials, get picked up for a VAA. Group takes awhile to fill. This one is a bit different. There’s a CP 200, 300, couple max levels including me and others all over the place. The roster shows 1 tank(me) and 3 healers, 2 Sorc,1 Nightblade. Interesting.

Read it with a southern draw, I ain’t never been in here before. This place looks pretty cool. If you could explain what I’m a supposed to do......hehehe. Oh, what did I get myself into. Lol!

So as you can imagine, the epic near wipe trash fights set the tone quick. One of the healers DC. No one knows what to do at the lit pads, though I did call them out. The group wipes, I had to take a knee. A couple players drop. One of the guys is like “ this is so easy, y’all just dum”. I dropped.

Guess what you see in Craglorn zone chat? Need 4 DPS and tank VAA. Lol! I guarantee you the baddies are still there and they will wreck someone’s evening.

The Randoms

Vollenfall it is! I don’t like this dungeon. I get lost and can’t follow the map right. So, I get a max level double bow guy and a spin to win hero. Okay. I know like one person that gets alright damage with a double bow build. This guy does not.

So, 3~4 minutes to kill the first ads and trash. 3~4 minutes to kill the second Mobs and trash. 5 minutes fighting the first lion king boss. Down to %70 health.

I’m out.

The healer whispers me: “Did you leave because of the DPS?” No, I left becauose of the lack of DPS. “I think I’m gonna leave too” I would highly recommend it. Those guys should be ashamed of themselves.

Maybe Another Day, Different Toon, More Adventure

Fang Lair x 3

I get in, there’s a healer, a tank & me. Another DPS que in, and instantly drop. Then another one. Max level. Mag DK. S/B Resto. He’s on mic! Actually, he’s a cool dude. But after a few attempts, this ain’t gonna work. He rolls out. That’s my que to leave.

There was another waste of time attempt on a Tank, and I finally got it done on StamBlade with a kind of fake healer. More damage is better. Damage damage damage.

Everyone I know that spends a fortune on pot, beating up a dummy...well, that’s what they do. Then there’s the rest that get out there and Soul Assault Rakkat to the face and wander why that diddnt kill him.

I Pug a lot. And things often go very bad. But it’s fun. I get to see interesting things. Meet cool people. Some not so cool. I myself may come off as a butthead to many.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was gonna post that last one some time ago, but never got around to it.

How’s Tamriel Treating Ya’ll?

I go through many ups and downs in this game. Do what I like to do; test things out; always looking for the next best thing.

I’d recently seen a post where a guy has every achievement in the game. Every achievement. It’s nuts.

So, I look into mine. I’ve got a ways to go, but some categories only need a few. So, I’m working on that now. Well, at least on my main toon.

There’s some ridiculous stuff on here. Yesterday, I got Hardmodes of Vollenfall, and Darkshade 1 done to finish out all the hardmode category. I finally got to talk to all the Undaunted peoples in City of Ash 2, and I still need to kill 26 Bone Colossus for the deadlands adept title.

A whole slew of no deaths still needed, including Fungal Grotto, Elden Hollow, Spindleclutch etc. FG 1 was the daily. Thank you Kazey and Roman for trying to help me out, but I remember why never got this done now. We rip through here, get to the last boss, get him half dead, but forgot to read the scroll.

Tamriel Late Nights

I attended a Guild event for a Sanctum Ophidia Speedruns attempt. Halfway through it, we went over the time limit so it turns into a hardmode.

After a number of attempts, this isn’t working. I believe we had some people that were completely crispy fried, and then baked for an additional hour. If it were possible to overdose on ESO, they just did.

I hung around with a few other stragglers to fill this thing back out and hope to get some sweet gold jewelry’s and get this thing done. I have a certain set of skills. I learned how to offtank SO some time ago. “ that’s right. I’m pretty amazing “ that and $2 might get me a cup of coffee at Starbucks. Switching toons.

So, come back in and see the replacements are. I kept this to myself, but we have some former legends in here all a sudden. Top of the leaderboard charts people. I’m all nerd out now and feel this pressure to perform and not look like a fool.

It goes well. The Elites diddnt talk a whole lot, but we’re cool. Now I’m baked too and it’s time to go to bed.

Help a Guildy out

So, I’m trying to figure out these VVardenfall daily’s and this guy whispers me if I can help him run a couple dungeons. It sounds better than these miserable quests.

He needs White Gold Tower Hardmode. Man. Alright. So we get that done. This guys singing and having a good time. Then he need March of Sacrifices on Vet. Ok. I guess he’d been running dungeons with this guy he met that was healing. But he was gonna swap to tank for us.

This guy comes back on a templar tank. We’re talking and stuff, I learned that a templar tank is better than others cause they can do things others can’t. All’s I got is DK tank just easier. We get through the first and second boss, piece of cake. The guildy is just singing away and having a good time.

On our way to the third boss, the tank gets dropped by a sea lurcher. He starts screaming about how this thing hit him for 78k through a block. We get back up, he gets his nuts waxed again.

I made a joke. See; DK tank is just easier. Boom. The guy leaves. Guildy says “ what he do that for?” I guess he diddnt like your singing. I left too. Live to fight another day.

Til Next Time

I’m gonna be a bit busy working on achievements and stuff for awhile. I’ll try and save some of these comical moments to jot down from time to time. Hope you enjoy!

See you around Tamriel friends!
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh the joys of Craglorn/PuG dungeon grouping...Nice narration as always @kylewwefan !
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A Little Reflection

This game has had some massive ups and downs over the years. Leveled vs Scaled zones. The penetration thing. The off balance times. The sustain debacle. Trials. The imperial city exodus. Monster Sets. Cyrodil... Vicious Death, infinite load screens etc.

It feels like my characters Progress has been halted for some time. Max level toons with legendary gear should feel strong. You should be able to solo vet level dungeons with ease. Bring along some friends to make it go faster.

But it’s not like that.

I do randoms all the time. It’s not uncommon to have a group with 2 or 3 max level toons and a 5, 6, 700 some odd cp group wipe in banished cells; or struggle very hard on relatively easy content.

They’re max level. Good gear and stuff. Why in the world are we struggling so hard here? Normal stuff is like no challenge in it. And vet is so far beyond our capabilities.

We’re stuck in the middle.

Then you have godlike players that got with the program and make this stuff look trivial.

Believe me, there are a lot more in the middle than top players.

Top players got very good by studying and practicing and looking up builds and learning how to play them well and stuff.

To me, it’s boring af. But has helped me out quite a bit. Some learn and pick it up faster than others. I am on the way slow side of that. MagBlade in Alfa gear are hitting 50~60k now, I’m at 35k. I was at 30k for the longest time.

I constantly run into max level and beyond players that are stuck at 17k~22k. Full golded out gear. Some kind of Alcast rotation/ build they emulate...but it’s just not working for them. Why? I dont know?

The excuses are narrowly varied from, “ if I could just get that Maelstrom Inferno or bow “ to “ I can’t animation cancel” . I Find both these to be somewhat invalid and there’s something far more off here. This is hard to hear for many, but neither of those things are gonna get you from 17k to even 25k.

This is Important Because

The game is so Damage-Centered. It’s a night and day difference between normal and vet content. To the extent that many groups forgo having a dedicated healer in favor of another damage dealer.

I have also embraced this group composition. There’s enough self heals and off heals built in there’s really not much need for them outside of trials. It might take a little getting used to, but much hard content goes so much smoother with more damage.

but everyone has to be on board with it. And learn to play like this.

Don’t Get Offended, Just change a few Things

People do all sorts of whacky stuff to beat that dummy a little harder. Stop. Put a heal on your bar. A shield. Maybe a major resistance buff. Carry on. We change our builds around for all kind of content. Don’t stop.

I see all the time people complaining the game is so easy. It’s really not, they just figured it out. It’s probably time to move along, but you know; nothing else out there is quite like this and we right like it.

Everything Is A Progression

When you’re low level, these easier base dungeons feel completely appropriate. At high level, it feels like child’s play. At least it should. Learn your build. Well.

Without Further Ado

So there I was. Random que to the Blue Portal of Death at Fang Lair. As I arrive, these guys are contemplating hardmode in chat.

I’d half a mind to leave group straight away. As it turns out, this is exactly the group I advocate.

I’m a real tank. But the healer is a Stamina nightblade and the other DPS is Magic templar and StamSorc. The burn is right on. Quickly dropping the bone dragon to %50 health. They’re shredding it down beautifully.

Suddenly my health is dropping. This wretched beetle is whooping up on me. Wiped. I call out for them to kill the beetle. We start again. Same thing happens. The guy tells me the beetle will die on its own. Watch a YouTube video. Scrub. Then they left.

Well. I don’t know what to say. I’m getting out of here too. I have beat this dungeon a number of times now. No idea what’s going on.

So, change toons to my own StamBlade. random que again leads me to a Lovely Blue Portal of death death death.

Vet Ruins of Mazzatun. Last boss. They ask do I know the mechanics. Do I know the mechanics? I have the skin for this place! I have a Flawless Conquorer title on. Ok yeah. I got it.

Yes. Let not thy head explode.

I got the amberplasms. Got the reveals. Then I need it. Which one is it? Totems up. Move everyone to the statue Or reveal. Nuke the totem. Ah man, my resources are fried. It’s ok, we got this. Boom! Finished.

“ OMG, I’ve never done this on vet before “ “that was so great”

Man that’s a good feeling. My Guildy’s think I’m nuts for running these randoms all the time, but this is what I live for. It feels great helping players through harder stuff.

So now I’m feeling saucy. I’m gonna lead a group of nubs through VDSA. Well, I can’t bore you with all the gory details, but there were some wipes, some notions that were not good enough. And I tried and I tried. But after 2 hours and 17 wipes on the seventh round sacrifice boss, it was time to call it. Sorry guys. Live to fight another day. I have to go.

So uh. I’m not doing that again

I say that every time, but this time I really mean it. You need to see someone’s eso resume’ before you can attempt to do hard stuff with them. They’re some cool dudes and peeps to hang out with, but not everyone is on the same page, or not ready for whatever reason.

Til Next Time

See ya around Tamriel Friends!

ps tell your Guildy friends I’m not really a ***
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Achievement Hunting on the Main

I’ve recently started trying to knock out some achievements that have gone overlooked for far too long. Driving my guild mates nuts with these menial tasks. They don’t even want to help anymore. You wouldn’t believe how long it took to put together a group to get say Fungal Grotto 1 no death.

Basically, no one wants to do this garbage. I’ve had to do it a few times. It’s comical how many players will get killed at the last boss, in this super easy dungeon.

The Group Finder

Same thing happened in Elden Hollow 1 group finder pug. We fly through the whole dungeon and someone dies at the last boss’s extremely predictable on timer AOE one shot mechanic. I just left so they diddnt have to hear me yelling and screaming and carrying on like a 3yo. Took 2 hours for que to pop for a 7 minute dungeon you couldn’t hold your crap together for 28 more flipping seconds. I’m still salty over that one.

I may have to go craft some fortified Brass and do these things myself. Seriously. It’s so completely problematic getting a competent group together.

Just want to strangle somebody

I don’t want to hear anyone ever talking about how this game is so easy. It’s too easy. They need to make it harder. Ok. It’s easy to play. Tough to master. And very hard to stay focused for more than 3 minutes. That’s what it is. You fly through nuking things out so fast, you forget all about certain mechanics when they’re presented, people stand like deer in head lights.

Crags’List

I had to go rogue. Area chat the Belkarth Wayshrine. There’s some weird dudes running around here.

These guys got all their skins, personalities, full Trial battle rattle....this is the Strip. Where all the cool kids go to show off and flex their monumental achievements and stuff. Look at me. I’m the best of the best. You want to be like me.

Ok. You darn well know I do. I said it. There. Now help me get a no death Spindle Clutch 1. Please?

It took awhile. But I got it done. Even made some friends. ESO endgame is rough. You can’t get these people to help you do anything til after dab time whatever the f that even means. Idk

Pug Madness

I’ve made a friend of a Guildy that’s even more nuts than me with pugging hard stuff. What he calls pugging anyways...not really the same.

Pulling players out of an elite type guild isn’t really pugging afaic....but anyways I find myself playing with these high up leaderboard inner circle type players. Uhm. They make the hard stuff look stupid easy.

There is a catch though. These guys don’t start grouping up til very late at night. Heck, they’re ready to do another run after and it’s 2:00am for me. I cherish having an opportunity to play with them, but I can’t do that often.

Another Progression

I got booted from my last VMOL Progression because RL stuff kept coming up, and I had to get subbed and stuff, but I got into another one with some cool players. Real stoked for this.

Hopefully real life will calm the heck down for a couple weeks this time.
    ATomiX96 wrote: »
    vmol progression groups in 2019

o18gdtb5omb21.png

My friend here don’t even play no more but still keeps up with us. Very nice. Very nice.

Yes. It has to be done this way even still.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This Might Come as A Surprise

I Just now got VHRC HM done! I know for the forum über elites, this is done in a 12 minute run top through a Craglorn pug, but this was my first complete. It was not pretty. There were points many of us wanted to give up. But we prevailed. Glorious and triumphant indeed.

In other news this week

I managed to get my magic templar healer Flawless Conqueror. Very strange, this run did not start out to be a flawless run. It just kind of happened. Feels like I got the formula somewhat figured out. Only 7 more toons to do it on. 😬

VMOL Progression

VMOL Progression has been going horribly bad. The new DLC Wrathstone has broken something in the trial. Players are supposed to get visibly marked with something and switch sides, or blow up their close friends. The marks aren’t showing up, so you blow up your close friend anyways! How delightful!

Maybe they’ll fix it? Maybe not? Hard to say. It’s old floppy bird content. There’s no money to be made fixing 3 year old broken software. Hope they do though. It’s a lot of fun!

VDSA is the weekly!

Got an early start on it over the weekend. Some dude approached me if I could tank DragonStar Arena for him. He claims to have 40k DPS and his team is right on point.

So there we are in the first round of 9. See a nightblade wiz across the screen with an Ambush to incapacitate strike followed by a surprise attack and a Killers Blade . Uhm...this...this isn’t gonna work dude.

I’m feeling betrayed. I was lied to. These guys are getting ready to gank someone at the Allessia Bridge or something. That’s not gonna work here in the Dragonstar Arena.

I lied to. Told him I had to go make a sandwich and left.

The Good Run

So I got with some trusted guildies. They’re all very good players. Went back in to VDSA and whooped that arena’s butt into submission. I was tanking. They were nuking everything down so fast. It was great. Just great.

We get to the last boss. I messed up. 5 times. I’m still racking my brain trying to figure out why this is going so poorly now.

It’s a weird fight. Layered in ad spawns. The group attacks the boss. The tank takes ads away. Boss spawns more ads, tank comes back in and takes them away. Holding 4 mini bosses while group kills the main.

With crazy high DPS, I barely get back across the lave and it’s time to turn around and get the next wave. I diddnt even have aggro yet and Main boss does his Big Pull.

I got nuked like I was naked or something. When it did work, it felt like total luck.

This strategy was developed when 30k DPS was pretty much tops. It’s far beyond that now.

Every group does it this way, but it’s a lot on the tank. I think it could work if tank took boss and one mini boss away, while group kills one mini boss. Then come back and kill other mini boss. Then work on main boss, til second set of ads come out.

The DPS is out of control really messing up timing with boss mechanics.

Need more practice I guess.

I’ve seen WereWolf runs, where they pretty much kill everything. Because they have too.

Fungal Grotto too hard

Yep. CP 123 DPS, CP 500 Healer, Max DPS and me. It was bad. Then the Good DPS left. No way man. Not sticking me with that BS. When FG is is too hard for a group finder group, it’s time to go do jester quests or something.

I only got but one ticket during the thieves guild event because...because I couldn’t figure it out.😪 I need these tickets so I can get my free Indrik upgrade. Now they put all this other cool stuff in here. Man. I’m gonna do this event. Really.

Til Next Time

Stay busy Friends. There’s so much to do.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Salty

I’ve been driving a salt truck around lately.

Yesterday I was in a premade group with some friends to do the daily’s. They went into random que, that dropped us in to COA2 then traveled in to FG2 for the daily. The random DPS we picked up was super salty. This guy was mad. He wanted to do COA2.

He tried to kick my buddy out. It was kind of funny. I voted yes. Well, the guy left and we carried on. Picked up another DPS he figured out where we were after arriving at COA2. This is a great little feature they got going on here. It’s classic. Hehehe

We get to the last boss and this new guy won’t stay out of the bubble. So we wipe. Reset. He does it again. ( see, it’s reasons like this I never get the no death, hardmode, speedruns achievements ) we have to kick this poor guy out.

You know what. As many times Group Finder has done me dirty. Thjs is kind of fun. It’s like getting back.

Then he gets mad. He’s gonna report us for exploiting or something. He called my buddy an idiot. All you had to do, was not go in the bubble. But did that like three times. Dang.

Took too long

Only had time for the one. All this traveling around and resetting and being man down and stuff. Took too much time.

Had to go out and do dinner and family stuff.

soon, I’ll barely have time to go run a battleground or two and that’s it for my game time.

Then a little while later

I got back on a different toon, My jacked up S/B DPS warden. You know I que as a tank. Throw on a Mighty Chudan have some nifty Tristat food and go to town. I do have puncture and inner fire. But only like 22k health.

Got into COH2. There’s a big problem here. I’m the tank. And doing more damage then these two group finder nubs put together. We got this ratified double Resto type healer that also does no damage, but can’t seem to keep himself alive.

We wipe on the first boss. I let us wipe actually. After soloing the boss down to %5 health. While they watched. Their glorious and triumphant tank in 7 medium armor. I got cocooned. Thaught it was over. This leeching plate set from ICP kept me alive. It was amazing. It also was doing more damage then them.

They couldn’t be bothered to stay alive and do their part. I had to inform the group that if this happens again, I’m leaving.

They straightened up. We got to the second to last boss and from previous experience I stayed outside giving them more room to not blow each other up. They blew each other up. So I have to go in and finish it up. Got one of them up for ...just in case or something.

He resurrected the other guy....we got pulled in and this ding *** blows me up. Fortunately the boss only had about 15k health left at this point, the first guy was able to finish it off.

The last boss. Not even trying to deal with hardmode for these guys. No way. it was not gonna happen. Not if I can help it. Here we go. This part where Nerienth runs a Sword through someone if you don’t do a little damage to him in time. You know I’m screwed.

It just so happens some friends asked me if I wanted to do VMOS No Death and a speed run. Heck yeah. It sounds better than this. So I just logged out and switched toons.

Got a message. “R U Coming Back?!” No. Just no. My back is killing me. FROM CARRYING YOU. this poor healer. He must have felt so inadequate. Couldn’t keep those guys alive and I diddnt need him.

Go back to the war where your services are needed. As much I like the looks of these cool streamers flowing off my toon, this Crit resistance is really not necessary here.

I’d Like Some Salt with my Salt

In another Premade with 2 friends, we que for random then get whisked away to some dungeon. A fourth friend just so happens to hop on and wants to get into group. Sorry random. The tribe has spoken. You have to go.

This guy was a max level guy, I’m sure he knew what was going on. It’s probably about the crappiest thing I’ve ever done to somebody. Oh well.

Friend says, “ did you just kick some random out to make room for me” uhm....yeah. He was just one of them Aldemeri Scum anyways.

So, I need a new guild now.

Preferably Daggerfall Covenant approved.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unsatisfying

I didn't say that. Someone else said that. This guy tells me, “Normal Elder Scrolls Online Content is Unsatisfying. Veteran Elder Scrolls Online Content is way too hard. “

What are you supposed to say? Git Güd Scrub?! No no no, of course not. It’s the same old thing every time. You have to talk to them about character type, gear, food, mundus, champion points, rotation etc. It gets very tiring after awhile.

It’s the same conversation over and over. Also, everything is completely subject to change the very next patch.

Then you get into dungeons, trials and specific mechanics blah blah blah. I can only pass along what I know. Vet stuff is not too hard, but you need to know what you’re doing.

Theres No i In Teamwork

Every PvE encounter in the game is a well choreographed “dance” of act and react to pass or fail the objective.

Sure, there’s some random elements to throw a monkey wrench in the plans every here and there, and it might not be easy to learn. Your reward is getting to perform at a high level of play. It’s a great feeling when everyone is on the same page and you crush it.

When you opt to do group stuff, be aware that now you are dependent on other players as well. Of course that means, one person’s mistake can adversely affect the rest of the group.

It’s great team building having to depend on others. And giving them a position where you have to depend on them. It kind of sound bad, but it’s great. Trust me.

Event Fatigue

What a fantastic term! Someone just put a number on it. Over the last 30 some odd weeks there’s been 20 some odd weeks of events! It’s great if you like events, but if you feel like need to do all; can be a bit exhausting.

Elsweyr Anxiety

Another New Chapter is upon us. The developers are proposing sweeping changes to many things we know. Change is good.
    This game is 5 Years Old now, and it’s a way to spice things up a bit!

There’s whining and crying and kicking and screaming! “Oh my Class got gutted” , “this isn’t right”, “ Please don’t do that”

It’s quite comical if you're into playing everything. Nothing really got made bad all of a sudden. And it hasn’t even gone into effect. People just over react.

BTW, there’s gonna be new gear sets, new Character Type, new Trial, a whole new zone to explore etc.

This new chapter is a pretty big deal. I can’t wait!

Bah Dum ‘Tis

I got nothing.

Random dungeon running for me has turned awash. If we suck, I suggest porting to Fungal Grotto 1.

If there’s any problems I leave. I usually just won’t deal with it anymore.

I recently got a random VRoM that was exquisite. An Imperial City Prison that went smooth, and a painful Depths of Malatar that we ported to Fungal Grotto 1 and still took 40 minutes to complete.

This was a CP10, CP 126, CP 305 and me. On a tank. Like a real tank. I was compelled to get them through it after having them all port there.

It would have been the story to write about. But c’mon. It’s Fungal Grotto 1.

Oh yeah and...

The VMoL Progression...

man, this place sucks. Wait no it’s fun and great, but this Twins fight is such a monster stumbling block. We get close. Then not close. From what I hear, pretty much everyone goes through this. Sadly, there’s no Victorious Conquest here.

Some players are dropping it. We all get it. Spring fever’s hitting and so much stuff to do. Shouldn’t this be on farm mode by now?

The fights. Encounters. Feel appropriate. We got good burn between prayer phases. Then at %30 or %40 something always happens. Someone dies. Someone blows up. Blows up the group.

Every time it’s close, something catastrophic will happen. Just need like 5 to 7 minutes of really good concentration and focus and maybe the game working correctly, and this poopshow would be over.

It’s broken though too. Sometimes you get a Message saying a conversion is imminent. Sometimes you don’t. Sometimes you can see the circle under you for conversion. Sometimes you can’t. Sometimes you get a color on your head. Sometimes you don’t.

If you get no message, no circle, no color on head....your gonna blow someone up. Probably the whole group. And cause a wipe. Sounds improbable, but happens all the time.

Btw, it’s usually the blue circle. I set my AOE colors and wat not to yellow instead of red. So when healers say get out of red stupid, legitimately I see no red. It’s yellow stupid. And it glows better.

But the blue conversion circle anyways. That thing should follow the same directions I gave the other circles to get yellow. Could care less what color my head is. Probably won’t show up anyways. Broken game. I need to be able to tell when I’m getting that conversion.

I would Love to blame everyone else, but it’s happened to me. Numerous times. And I’m sure others as well. You can kind of back away from the group til you can be sure. But surely enough the convertees from the other side are gonna come running right past you....and...BOOM! Yeah I guess I was converting with no warning. Love this game.

Ya know, that mechanic’s not even in normal.

So. Yeah. Here we are. 2019 VMoL Progression. Good times.

BTW

Got the Stamplar to Flawless Conqueror. Wasn’t even trying, but after getting through the seventh round unscathed, it’s on like donkey Kong.

I still get more a rush and excitement out of beating Maelstrom than anything else in the game. It was suggested I might have a problem.

Got the MoS Beast personality, working on Worm Wizard Personality. Still need No Death Engine Guardian Dungeon. Screwed that one up myself. It feels great working on achievements and stuff. Little or big. Just some purpose in the game.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I started a new thread called Pug Badness

Not sure if better to continue this one or expand that one. We’ll figure it out.

The Banished Cells 2

So I get here to the Blue Portal of Death. Random que on a tank. 810 DragonKnight Healer, 810 DPS and CP 200 ish DPS. I’m on a medium armor Alkosh/Powerful Assault Warden tank.

Uhm....let’s get straight into it! The Hardmode for this dungeon is to beat the boss with 3 Deadroth’s Still alive. They spawn one at a time throughout the fight. Usually you have to wait on killing the boss to get the third Deadroth.

I’m holding on to 8,9,10 Daedroth’s and the boss is at %84 health.

So, the DPS is poo, no big deal, what else is new.

Mostly, I was super impressed by this DK healer. But this was also one of those cases where healing and buffing the daylights out of a ~<10k DPS is just not gonna be enough.

By all accounts we should have wiped way before I got close to 10 Daedroth’s. Some were Dying by being punctured so much. SMDH. Honestly, I’m not like a super good tank. The group was cool and talking and stuff, so there’s no need to be mean or anything.

My thaughts go to, “Why are DK healers not a thing?” So rarely you see a DK healer! This Guy is keeping the whole group alive no problem. I’m in freaking medium armor, holding on to way more aggro than I should even have. Blows my mind.

That 810 DPS....ehem. She was in chat. Asking me all these questions about tanking. Uhm. Very nice lady. We couldn’t finish it.

SpindleClutch

Yassss! I Love coming into a Dungeon to be greeted by the blue Portal of Death seriously, this is SpindleClutch, WTH is going on here !?#

Okay. This time, I’m on a Stamina NightBlade que’d as a healer. I know, shame on me. I have Vigor! Slotted Blood Alter, and Barrier. No special gear or anything really. Vicious Ophidian/ Briarhearts/ Veledreth. The group was all mid 200 Champion Point.

The Tank stood right with us. Aggro the boss looking straight at us. Uhm...whatever this guy’s having fun, I’m not gonna tell him how to play his game.

DPS to my right starts his executioner spam and keeps it going for The Whole fight.

DPS to my leftis doing a Wall of Elements then Resto Staff heavy attack rotation.

I was waiting for one of these nubs to start popping Siege Shield.

Vigor Heals, Blood Altar, and Barrier was enough to one shot the boss. Well that and a semi decently executed nightblade rotation.

The most epic moment that makes this story worth telling is the end:

Left DPS gets on Mic and says “ You got to be Freaking Kidding Me!” They’d been stuck in there for awhile....

I apologized for not being the healer they were expecting and saw myself out.

A little about me

You may have guessed by now, I don’t often play the role I select proper. Haven’t slotted a Resto Staff in years. S/B I find to be completely optional. Meta is so boring, Hybrid doesn’t work, and I may very well be the reason and cause for much grief in this game. However, I can switch it up and change at any given time and try to be good.

So Hit the veteran random grief generator, que as a healer and find myself whisked away to the City of Ash 2 Dungeon! Where upon arrival am instantly greeted by The Blue Portal of Death

City of Ash 2

This is just normal for me at this point. It is leagues better than some crappy DLC Dungeon though, I must admit. So here we are. CP 700 DPS, CP 200 DPS and CP 300 tank rocking S/B 2H, and me on MagSorc no pet. FML.

They’re at the Fire Maw Boss. Went ahead and put Barrier on. We start hammering away on the boss. It’s not so bad. Chipped away to victory fairly painless.

Those little sneak through the lava tricks to skip a few ad phases...that was not happening with this group. The little guy. He just wants to pick a fight with everything.
    So we pull the whole dungeon mobs and ads to the big ash titan boss. Try un successfully to nuke them down. We wipe. I knew I was gonna need more heals so I Slot the Matriarch.

Oh yeah, I’m wearing Scathing Mage and Netches Touch. I heard they were pretty much trash but had to find out for myself. (Got a Scathing Lightning Staff)

Those sets are pretty much trash. I’d have to admit.

Scathing Mage has about a %30 up time if your lucky and Netch is easily outshined by Julianos. I can nuke large trash mobs down very quick and easily, but bosses take forever. It’s just not very good single target damage. Or maybe I just don’t know what I’m doing? It’s completely possible.

So. Nuke the ash titan. The CP 700 DPS was actually pretty good...but he spent a lot of time reviving the CP 200 guy. The tank pulled the Wind Atros straight to us. So they were in the fight the whole time. The little guy kept getting clipped by these things and not doing so well.

Next Stop: Valkyn Skoria

I skipped the immolator boss with Stone Atros it was relatively uneventful.

Getting right into it, the tank takes him right where he stands. Burned him down pretty good. Everything going fine. When he blows up the platform and ports to another. The little guy just killed over. A few times. The tank went over to get res when we wouldn’t. Skoria stoned me, I broke free. Then he took a big swing that oversized claymore. No Stam. Can’t dodge. I’m dead. We wipe.

Tank goes right straight back into it. Same thing. The little guy just won’t stop dying. I think a lot of CP carries hard here in taking less damage. And good gear and stuff. But really cp carries hard.

The tank is doing his best to get this guy up. They must be friends or something. This time we were so close. So close. Skoria has 75k health left. The 200 gets up. Your time to shine!

Nope. He’s dead.

Alright this is it. One more shot and I’m out.

The little guy straightened up and learned how to play a little bit. This time he did not die. It was freaking amazing! He may very well have been standing there holding block the whole time, but whatever. We didn’t have to waste time getting him back up.

Got it done at the beginning of the fourth pad. Not bad. I got to go eat dinner.

See y’all around Tamriel

Later friends
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started a new thread called Pug Badness

Not sure if better to continue this one or expand that one. We’ll figure it out.

The Banished Cells 2

So I get here to the Blue Portal of Death. Random que on a tank. 810 DragonKnight Healer, 810 DPS and CP 200 ish DPS. I’m on a medium armor Alkosh/Powerful Assault Warden tank.

Uhm....let’s get straight into it! The Hardmode for this dungeon is to beat the boss with 3 Deadroth’s Still alive. They spawn one at a time throughout the fight. Usually you have to wait on killing the boss to get the third Deadroth.

I’m holding on to 8,9,10 Daedroth’s and the boss is at %84 health.

So, the DPS is poo, no big deal, what else is new.

Mostly, I was super impressed by this DK healer. But this was also one of those cases where healing and buffing the daylights out of a ~<10k DPS is just not gonna be enough.

By all accounts we should have wiped way before I got close to 10 Daedroth’s. Some were Dying by being punctured so much. SMDH. Honestly, I’m not like a super good tank. The group was cool and talking and stuff, so there’s no need to be mean or anything.

My thaughts go to, “Why are DK healers not a thing?” So rarely you see a DK healer! This Guy is keeping the whole group alive no problem. I’m in freaking medium armor, holding on to way more aggro than I should even have. Blows my mind.

That 810 DPS....ehem. She was in chat. Asking me all these questions about tanking. Uhm. Very nice lady. We couldn’t finish it.
    Yes its an little know fact that BC2 last boss is an dps check.
    As you say most of the time you know group well enough to see if they have to hold back for HM or you have to kill some Daedroth’s before boss get down to execute. This is rarely an issue, main problem is fake tanks and to some degree fake healers in an low dps group.

Keeper indril is also an dps check, this was an issue at launch as AoE was far weaker / more expensive.
    Now to wipe on both of them in Normal require some skill.
    I was leveling my first tank, was level 47 at that time, skill point starved as I had mostly been leveling doing random dungeons so tanking skills was an priority so switching to an overland build was not an good option but it kind of worked.
    Group was another lvl 45-50 and two low cp but honestly how can people play even overland without AoE?
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’s been a little while since I had some good stories to tell. Maybe the General ESO population is getting better? Maybe I’ve changed a little.

Well anyways, I’m still here. Hooked on this blasted game. I don’t really play anything else. The daily’s and stuff get redundant and wear thin. So I’m trying out a build for a toon and need to farm some specific gear.

Alls fine and dandy, then I need a Monster Helm, and have to go outside for help.

I got one willing participant from a guild; we’re going to get me an Iceheart Monster Helm from:

Direfrost Keep keep keep keep

This should be an easy task, he que as a tank, I que as a healer. We run through this dungeon and smoke it in about 7 minutes flat.

And we did. 5 times in a row with randoms from group finder each time.

With 4 DPS, you pretty much burn the place to the ground. Run boss to boss to boss. Ignore the ads, let them stack up and nuke em down every now and then.

It’s a piece of cake.

The last run, one of the real DPS has a meltdown. He calls my friend every bad name under the sun. Bad Tank. Called me a cheap #!? Rag healer POS. I have profanity filter on and this stuff still came through. Need to look into that ZOS.

So, what can I say except YOUR WELCOME.

He call me a bunch more bad names and stuff. Start talking about my Mom. Again with this Profanity filter not working?

So, I asked if he wanted to go again? Thinking maybe he had a quest or something. He yells no and some other bad stuff.

I don’t know what the problem was? We just finished the dungeon in like record time, got some cool loot...it wasn’t what I needed or anything, but it was relatively easy. I thaught everyone was having an alright time. I’m not used to this kind of behavior.

My friend had a laugh about it and he had to go do dinner and stuff. So I got some dude from another guild. First run, get what I’m looking for and we go our separate ways. Thanks Skipper.

This is the pug life.