The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Random Rescource drain since the 3.3.7 Patch

• IARTOI
    IARTOI
    ✭✭✭
    It was happening to me this afternoon where if I sprinted for even a few seconds my stamina would drop by 1,000s. Logged out, cycled the XBOX ONE (NA) and was ok.

But later that evening ...

However, just now the following happened. Was chasing someone around rocks in Vivic and all of a sudden BAM zero stam out of nowhere. Full Stam for me is 38K. Got killed. Then checked my Character screen and noticed the following while lying there dead.

Mag Recovery: 726
    Health Recover: 2127
    Stamina Recovery: 0

Notice my Stamina Recovery is zero, nada, nothing.

Here is what it normally is unbuffed but with Food.

Mag R: 606
    Health R: 364
    Stamina R: 2400

So I somehow went from >2400 stam rec to 0. I don't know of any Debuffs that could do that normally.

But wait its a little more interesting. There is nothing on my bar, or anything that I can think of, that would have made my Mag R jump up exactly 20% from 606 to 727. 1.2 * 606 = 727. So my Magica Recovery jumped up 20%.

I do slot a skill (Whirling Blades) that does give me Major Expedition. It looks like the 20% was applied to Mag R and NOT Stam R.

OK so now for the Health R going from 364 to 2127. I was wearing Troll King which looking at the tooltip says HR will increase by 1494. 1494+364=1858 Not sure where additional 2127 - 1858 = 269 came from.

I can't think of anything that may have happened through normal game mechanics that would make my Stam Rec to 0.

One last item. Unbuffed as indicated Stam R is exactly 2400. IF I do nothing but buff on my Major Expedition, my Stam R jumps to 2715. But it should be 1.2 * 2400 = 2880. Is there some "cap" that is being hit?

In summary looking at my Character screen while lying there dead:

1) My Magica Regen jumped exactly 20%. But I can't think of anything I have slotted that would do that.
    2) My Health Regen jumped 2127 from 364. Maybe Troll King and something else ???
    3) My Stam Regen went to 0.
    4) And then, right now, indpendent of the above odd occurance, with my Stam R at exactly 2400. Doing nothing else but hitting Whirling Blades for Major Endurance which is supposed to increase Stam R by 20%, I'm seeing only 2715 and not the expected 2880.

FWIW, I still have the screen shot showing my Stam R at 0.

Final addendum: If I bar swap the three regen values do NOT change. i.e. My Stam R is the same after bar swap.

That additional recovery comes from armor's passives. For example medium armor increases your stamina rec 4% for each piece and each piece heavy armor increases your health rec 4%. These percentages also calculating with your other recoveries and forming final recovery.

Also I can say that sometimes while in sneak stamina recovery stay 0 even while standing (not moving). There is a serious bug with resources and need to be fixed immediately.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happens to me on xbox... specifically on my magplar. What happens is when I pull up chat and type something I lose all of my stamina. Especially if I type a long message and backspace a decent portion of it. I usually type from stealth as not to get ganked. Even with the text box up you can see your character.... and I'll just be typing along and all the sudden I'll see my character stand up out of stealth... which immediately makes me think I've been seen. Nope, no one is around but my stamina is completely empty.

I know in the past you would get kicked for spamming if you performed to many actions in a short amount of time. So, it makes me think that text and actions have some type of coding interplay that is not intentional... or at least one wouldn't think it was.

My character I have seen this on the most like I said is a altmer magplar who is a vampire. Not sure if that info helps any.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• IARTOI
    IARTOI
    ✭✭✭
    This bug is really insane. Cause me 100% death in fights. There is no solution for this also you can't explain your opponent you die because of stamina bug. And this make me feel like loser.

@ZOS_GinaBruno hope devs bring a fix for this in summerset.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Could you all confirm if you're still encountering sustain issues after today's PC patch, or if it appears to be resolved?

Could we please get an update on this problem? It's been a month and a half since you asked us if we are still encountering this issue and it's still a problem on all platforms.

Lack of action and/or communication is a big reason people get so salty in the forums and stop spending their money on the game.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_Wrobel

• puupaa
    puupaa
    ✭✭✭
    IARTOI wrote: »
    PC EU recorded this yesterday look at the end of the video. Stamina drain itself.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=qklxYreNTQo

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Noticed the same thing happening yesterday after a fight where I had sustain problems, PC EU as well. Probably not the first time it happened, other times I was likely dead on the ground wondering how I could've ran out of stamina, or just thought I must've played wastefully and didn't happen to look at my stamina bar. Plz fix.
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    Combat Metrics Was Updated to Show Unknown Resource Drains

@menshikovalex5b14_ESO @puupaa @Agalloch @flubber77
  • BrokenGameMechanics
    BrokenGameMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has there been any progress on this? Or even a confirmation "yea, we recognize there is an issue happening." I'm at 34K stam with 2400 stam rec. and literally 10 secs into combat my Stamina goes to 0. As I posted above where my stamina rec went to 0, that numbers indicated that code was having some sort of off-by-one issue in updating resources. Major Expedition was being applied to the incorrect resource etc.

Does anyone one know definitively what is happening so I can make some adjustment / work-around? It appears it could be awhile before this issue becomes officially recognized as even a bug.

i.e. I've heard things like "every time you bar swap and have different Stam Rec on each bar the delta is subtracted incorrectly and you get a negative Stam recovery ..." . -> Work around "fix both bars to have same recovery"

Does anyone have confirmed knowledge of what is happening and how to mitigate it or workaround it until whenever?

• IARTOI
    IARTOI
    ✭✭✭
    Has there been any progress on this? Or even a confirmation "yea, we recognize there is an issue happening." I'm at 34K stam with 2400 stam rec. and literally 10 secs into combat my Stamina goes to 0. As I posted above where my stamina rec went to 0, that numbers indicated that code was having some sort of off-by-one issue in updating resources. Major Expedition was being applied to the incorrect resource etc.

Does anyone one know definitively what is happening so I can make some adjustment / work-around? It appears it could be awhile before this issue becomes officially recognized as even a bug.

i.e. I've heard things like "every time you bar swap and have different Stam Rec on each bar the delta is subtracted incorrectly and you get a negative Stam recovery ..." . -> Work around "fix both bars to have same recovery"

Does anyone have confirmed knowledge of what is happening and how to mitigate it or workaround it until whenever?

it is happening when you get hit by enemy and use any skill, rolldodge or sprint after it. This is what I observed.
  • BrokenGameMechanics
    BrokenGameMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just tried the following. Sprint for a bit to drop your stam to say 70%. Stop and just stand there. Do nothing but bar swap back-forth 2-3 times. You can see you Stam drop several K, looks like ~ 4K for me and then it sort of "fixes" itself. AFAIK the stam cost of a bar swap is still supposed to be 0, yes? I'm seeing lots of other situations where its not right as well, just nigh impossible to hard reproduce in combat.

<quote>
    it is happening when you get hit by enemy and use any skill, rolldodge or sprint after it. This is what I observed.
    </quote>

Not sure if you were serious there or not ... but you are actually pretty close to being correct. Every time (most, some?) you take an "action" n combat, the stam regen rate goes negative. Or so it appears (as in the stand and do nothing test). It appears the higher the your stam regen build is the more self-inflicted / faster the stam goes to 0. I've stopped sprinting in PVP. Fighting literally while walking around. So funny ...
    Edited by BrokenGameMechanics on May 5, 2018 9:04PM
  • IARTOI
    IARTOI
    ✭✭✭
    I just tried the following. Sprint for a bit to drop your stam to say 70%. Stop and just stand there. Do nothing but bar swap back-forth 2-3 times. You can see you Stam drop several K, looks like ~ 4K for me and then it sort of "fixes" itself. AFAIK the stam cost of a bar swap is still supposed to be 0, yes? I'm seeing lots of other situations where its not right as well, just nigh impossible to hard reproduce in combat.

<quote>
    </quote>

Not sure if you were serious there or not ... but you are actually pretty close to being correct. Every time (most, some?) you take an "action" n combat, the stam regen rate goes negative. Or so it appears (as in the stand and do nothing test). It appears the higher the your stam regen build is the more self-inflicted / faster the stam goes to 0. I've stopped sprinting in PVP. Fighting literally while walking around. So funny ...

I can say that close to everytime (90-95% of my combats but only occur in cyrodiil). And its not only stamina, magicka also going down in my magicka builds. But I can say that surely its negative recovery. Ofc its not showing in character screen but its draining same amount of your recoveries. For example my stam rec is 2.5-3k with buff and it is draining same amount of it. And I have 600 magicka rec and 10k magicka and its draining 600.
    Edited by IARTOI on May 5, 2018 9:28PM
  • DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, something is pretty wacky regardin recoveries, it seems to happen whenever your recovery ticks while you bar-swap.

5yow06g4hufm.png
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah it happens with me as well. including stamina, and macgika as well.

it happens in pvp and pve as well.
    Edited by TheValar85 on May 14, 2018 4:27PM
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • IARTOI
    IARTOI
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by IARTOI on June 5, 2018 7:18PM
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, something is pretty wacky regardin recoveries, it seems to happen whenever your recovery ticks while you bar-swap.

5yow06g4hufm.png

Wouldn't that happen from switching bars with two different max resource amounts? The game would recalculate your new maximum, subtracting whatever buffs you lose and adding whatever buffs you gain?

I'd be more interested in when it happens while on the same bar and doing nothing, like some people have shown.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks all, just confirming we've seen this and will investigate.

3+ months no answer or even updates. This effects all platforms and at least 50% ofnthe playerbase and we can’t even get a comment
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is annoying as hell
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    This drain happened yesterday several times in Cyrodiil PvP and I wasn't hit by resourse drain poison or by enemy player(s) at all.
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • inf.toniceb17_ESO
    inf.toniceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't read the whole thread, so sorry if anyone said it already. So here's what i've noticed. My tank uses 1h&s and frost staff. Both stam and mag pools are bigger on frontbar. Swapping to backbar causes resource drain on both resources every time i do it. Not just max stat reduction but current amout of stats also get's reduced so i guess this is what messes up with regen. It also seems like my regen is a bit lower than it should be but i dunno, maybe i'm wrong.

PS
    oh it's an old thread right. Still the problem is here. Dunno for how long it's been happening. Before Summerset my resources used to be the same on both bars so i didn't have any problems.
    Edited by inf.toniceb17_ESO on May 25, 2018 3:46PM
  • IARTOI
    IARTOI
    ✭✭✭
    Dear ZoS officers. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_MikaS @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_GaryA

It's been months. Look this is a serious problem. Effecting whole combat mechanics and ruining game. We gave you proof, videos, screen shots, combat metric values etc. Also I specified when this bug occur in my previous comments. And telling here again. (FOR CYRODIIL) When I enter combat with any enemy player, and got hit by any skill or damage, I am reacting with healing or counter attack or roll dodge and resource drain starting. Calculated by observing its same amount of my recoveries. For example if I have 2.5k stamina and 700 magicka recovery it drains 2.5k stamina and 700 magicka. This is repeating 6-7 times until draining disappear (fully purged and 0 debuff on me). Same thing happening everytime I enter combat.

This Bug really annoying causing me die in most of fights. As you can see it is not only me there are tons of players complaining about same problem.

Maybe you see our comments maybe not. But most of us know that you always answer any other small quest bugs or PvE bugs. We just want you to tell us you have fix for it or you are working on it. Just tell us something and we will know its gonna be OK. soon.

For the God's sake FIX it.
    Edited by IARTOI on June 5, 2018 7:39PM
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dear ZoS officers. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_MikaS @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_GaryA

It's been months. Look this is a serious problem. Effecting whole combat mechanics and ruining game. We gave you proof, videos, screen shots, combat metric values etc. Also I specified when this bug occur in my previous comments. And telling here again. (FOR CYRODIIL) When I enter combat with any enemy player, and got hit by any skill or damage, I am reacting with healing or counter attack or roll dodge and resource drain starting. Calculated by observing its same amount of my recoveries. For example if I have 2.5k stamina and 700 magicka recovery it drains 2.5k stamina and 700 magicka. This is repeating 6-7 times until draining disappear (fully purged and 0 debuff on me). Same thing happening everytime I enter combat.

This Bug really annoying causing me die in most of fights. As you can see it is not only me there are tons of players complaining about same problem.

Maybe you see our comments maybe not. But most of us know that you always answer any other small quest bugs or PvE bugs. We just want you to tell us you have fix for it or you are working on it. Just tell us something and we will know its gonna be OK. soon.

For the God's sake FIX it.

• Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are probably just getting us prepared for Morrowind scale sustain nerf.

If you can sustain with this bug then we can nerf it to this level and no one would know
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still not addressed
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno can we finally get an answer about this issue?
    It's destroying both PvE and PvP at the moment
  • menschikov2
    menschikov2
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Can we please get any comments about this. I had the but in the IC today when i was at the flag and i did nothing i lost magica again and again. I always lost perhaps 2k and got 2k because of my magreg.
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, this is still happening, we had a discussion a week ago regarding dummy parses, so we can safely remove everything concerning damage incoming.

Also, this happened:
    Screenshot_20180617_132906.png

You know when you just killed the dummy, and rearming trap procs after it respawns ?

well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJbIMd-9Ogg

It is happening on dummy parses as well.
    The video is pre-summerset, yes, but we've been testing random drains a week ago, and it's still happening, same exact thing.

I haven't been recording it cause my rig is old and I can't play and record at the same time, even with potato settings.
    Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
    Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
    Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
    Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
    Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
    Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
    Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
    #MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
  • IARTOI
    IARTOI
    ✭✭✭
    Aisle9 wrote: »
    So, this is still happening, we had a discussion a week ago regarding dummy parses, so we can safely remove everything concerning damage incoming.

Also, this happened:
    Screenshot_20180617_132906.png

You know when you just killed the dummy, and rearming trap procs after it respawns ?

well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJbIMd-9Ogg

It is happening on dummy parses as well.
    The video is pre-summerset, yes, but we've been testing random drains a week ago, and it's still happening, same exact thing.

I haven't been recording it cause my rig is old and I can't play and record at the same time, even with potato settings.

Tes your video is more obvious. But I think ZoS doesn't care about this bug or they still don't know how to fix it.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks all, just confirming we've seen this and will investigate.

I think we found out all the information about 9/11 faster than this.
  • GlorphNoldorin
    GlorphNoldorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still get wacky resource drain in vma. Suddenly have no stamina......0, even with 1300 recovery. As if that place isnt bad enough. But hey so long as we have new broken dungeons, and crown crates, who cares if we are up to our ass in bugs and performance issues in the rest of the game.
  • IARTOI
    IARTOI
    ✭✭✭
    I skipped everything about this subject. Just wondering one thing. @ZOS_GinaBruno you are answering every other threads sometimes instantly sometimes couple hours later. But for this bug, you are telling us nothing. Personally I think you don't care about this bug and I'm sure most of players agree with me. Otherwise you would respond and tell us you will fix this as soon as possible.

There are 2 options. First as ZoS you don't know how to fix it, second ZoS doesn't care about bugs and only care about making new DLC's, crown store items and make more money.

If you see this please answer us (I have no hope).
  • mrpaxman
    mrpaxman
    ✭✭✭
    In Bloodroot Forge during the last 1 hour. Normal mode. Me on my magblade and a 2nd on a mag sorc. Final boss fight

"unknown" resource drain ticks from the start of combat:
    onew15etsidq.png
    s52mtk7ol82o.png
    wnr557h6efvh.png
    it5a5bnmfai8.png
    xc5cepj7r9sp.png
    mwanncxdhsdx.png
    llipp8eo5ttu.png
    this is the first 15 seconds of fighting. it remains similar to this through out the whole fight

Some other big drains i got during the same fight are:
    hb42i6uz0l2y.png
    am2b5ix7ihzb.png
    c9yur4b31icw.png
    utfonpdeyb8y.png
    guwvmh4npf7k.png
    r3chhj9xgvxm.png

My most expensive skills are inner light with a cost showing a cost of 4050 magicka. and healing ward costing 4131 magicka

This is fairly "normal" for over 50% of the time in group. I notice it happen less when solo. i have seen the ticks on my resources bar get drained while only light/heavy attacking. dungeons, trials and even a DPS dummy a few times. All in places that have no reason to have any kind of resource drain. Majority of people i ask to check for this bug end up seeing it after about a week of playing and investigating. The 8k and 12k sized ticks are really painful. And surprisingly not that noticable in combat. It seems like one of those moments we feel struggle for resources but think nothing more of it after that. As well as it is hard to see happen coz not often are we in group. Not using skills and doing multiple heavy attacks to see the resource drain ticks
    Victory or Valhalla!
    PC NA