Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of August 5:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – August 7, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – August 7, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – August 7, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why is vMA still broken after all these years...

HorizonPK
HorizonPK
✭✭
Took a break from the game, came back, decided to do vMA, this is what I get.
https://clips.twitch.tv/HeartlessPeppyKoupreyMVGame
how did that even hit me, why didnt it get purged?
It blows my mind that its still broken, Rich Lambert does vMA and gets decent scores, hes obv done it a lot and yet....its still *** broken!

I know that in this case it most likely wouldve been lag that got me killed like that as I play from New Zealand but that doesnt excuse the fact that vMA is still broken, the uninterruptible flame mob on stage 8 is still a thing ffs.

BTW, Im a Flawless Conq on mutiple toons, 565k score, I know what im doing...
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I’m going to make some educated guesses here:

1. You don’t like using sigils in the Arena so that you can get the best possible score ... even if said sigil might help you get through a tough mechanic.

2. You’re a vampire.

Because nobody complains about Stage 8 of vMA.

I’m all for any Kiwi friends clearing vMA.

I’m all against rant threads in the forums that don’t have any basis.
    Options
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Position for mechanics is checked server side, not client side. You weren't inside the pool when the server's (out of date) position value was checked for whether to remove the dot mechanic, and so you got another tick.

Get there a second sooner next time.
    Options
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    he's not complaining about not being able to do vMA.

he's pointing out that there is a bug that's been there for literally years.
    Options
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HorizonPK wrote: »
    Took a break from the game, came back, decided to do vMA, this is what I get.
    https://clips.twitch.tv/HeartlessPeppyKoupreyMVGame
    how did that even hit me, why didnt it get purged?
    It blows my mind that its still broken, Rich Lambert does vMA and gets decent scores, hes obv done it a lot and yet....its still *** broken!

I know that in this case it most likely wouldve been lag that got me killed like that as I play from New Zealand but that doesnt excuse the fact that vMA is still broken, the uninterruptible flame mob on stage 8 is still a thing ffs.

BTW, Im a Flawless Conq on mutiple toons, 565k score, I know what im doing...

I wish I had your ping...

That happens to me a lot, it's more like the dot has hit and killed you before it gets purged. There is such a small amount of time to actually do the purge it's almost a worthless mechanic.
    Options
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because they don't care about the game.
    Options
  • HorizonPK
    HorizonPK
    ✭✭
    So, I’m going to make some educated guesses here:

1. You don’t like using sigils in the Arena so that you can get the best possible score ... even if said sigil might help you get through a tough mechanic.

2. You’re a vampire.

Because nobody complains about Stage 8 of vMA.

I’m all for any Kiwi friends clearing vMA.

I’m all against rant threads in the forums that don’t have any basis.

Im not complaining about vMA being hard, im complaining about the fact im getting hit by *** im not even in, if you watch that clip you'll see that I wasnt inside the AoE but still got hit by it, I then died inside the purge mechanic to the DoT that should have been purged the second I stepped inside it, mechanically I did nothing wrong.

Stage 8 isnt hard, its when it bugs out and you cant interrupt the flame ***, then you die because of it, happens a lot, the only way to survive it is to roll dodge everything and waste all your stam.

I'll say it again, I have Mutiple Flawless Conq toons, I know what im doing, but when I die to BS that shouldn't even hit me I'll come to the forums and complain/bring awareness to the pure amount of BS that happens in vMA, ive had runs where I cant even see any of the last bosses attacks or the meteors during crystal phase, runs where the mobs will spawn instantly without a portal and runs where its so incredibly laggy despite being a solo instance to the point I cant even use skills ( my ping is already high enough at an average of 270+)
    Options
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    georgeorwell1.jpg

Strive for progress, not perfection, and all will be well. :)
    Options
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bug kills me in stageneral 8 too. I'm stuck on it dieing when I should not be
    Edited by monktoasty on February 20, 2018 5:56AM
    Options
  • yake82
    yake82
    ✭✭✭
    Its desync and/or ping. Not much Zen can do about it, i think.

I've had the uninterruptible flame caster happen to me few times too.
    I believe what happens is that the flamecaster spawns across the arena, starts to run towards you and the first ability he casts is the flamethingy.
    However, on server side he stops instantly but your client shows him still run towards you abit, making them desync.
    So try running past him towards the portal from where he came, he should be there.
    Options
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does cloak suppress this DOT for the duration?
    Options
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never walk backwards in that round, ever. Especially with high ping you should know to never do that and to go into the cleanse even if you don't think you got hit.

As someone who plays with 300+ ping, lag is bad, but broken mechanics is worse, that clip was pedestrian.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

Options
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bugs in the game need to be fixed. No argument there.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
    Options