The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Puncturing Strikes and Red CP in U17

Cinbri
Cinbri
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
So, continuation of PTS thread.
Red CP in U17 reduce damage of Strikes more than previously.
From PTS:
Cinbri wrote: »
So:
1. Jabs and its 140% damage:
jt1.jpg
Tried closest to 1000 damage. As you can see its something like 140.XX%. So, tooltip state right amount of damage.

2. About actual damage to closest target:
jt2.jpg
It does deal same amount of damage as tooltip state. So, 140% seems works properly.

3. About raw damage: Live/PTS
a. Initial damage stay the same(not sure why 1 less damage), since nothing was changed here:
image.jpg

b. As Joy said minor berserk is additive, and nothing changed here too, damage is same:
oj1.jpg

c. But as first patchnotes said damage taken, like minor vulnerability, is no longer additive, and here is buff changes as on live it is suffer from being additive and as result less than 8%, but on pts it is boosting flat 8% damage increase that don't losing its % when combined with berserk:
without and with Slimecraw' berserk while enemy vulnerable:
0j3.jpg

In theory it look like it work as it intended, but NO, tested closest damage in pvp in exactly same gear/CP/skillbar against opponent with exact same gear/CP/skillbar and result is sad:
0j5.jpg
Whatever changed with calculation of CP damage taken it ended in monstrous damage nerf for pvp.
Will test tomorrow with no-cp rule and fully naked to decrease chance of error, maybe it fault of pvp debuff, might be my error but i rechecked 3 times as this damage nerf occured only in pvp.
:bawling:

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Wrobel

So, here is Part 2:

Did further researches and can confirm Elemental Defender and Thickskinned incorrectly working with only Puncturing Sweeps (Apparently as Hardy for Biting Jabs)

Short results:
Live/PTS
1. 10 points into Thickskinned:
0dot10.jpg
already 8 less damage difference on pts. 13crit.

2. 10 points into Elemental Defender:
0el10.jpg
already 4 less damage difference on pts. 6crit.

3. 10 points into Ele Def+10 Thickskinned:
0eleth10.jpg
already 10 less damage difference on pts. 16crit.

I dont have time to compile and edit 20+ screenshots so here is my raw notes indicating that damage difference occure only for Jabs and only with Red CP costellation:

IMG_20180125_123449.jpg

P.S.: everything tested full-naked, so no mistake on my part.
P.S.S.: make me happy to be no-CPer :*

Checking Strikes damage pre-Update / right after Update:
jb3.jpg
And the more enemy stack in elemental/physic protection + dot protections CPs and the more damage-oriented build Templar use - the higher damage difference penalty.

We need any clarification regarding it @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Wrobel
Edited by Cinbri on September 20, 2018 8:18AM
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump we need justice!
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just to clarify: this seems to be an issue in CP PVP but not PVE or no-CP PVP. Hence what Cinbri says at the end about CP placement exacerbating the problem.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soo.. to be clear, our own red tree allocation is reducing our damage output?

My puncturing pitchforks are ready.

---E
    ---E
    ---E
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...no, target's mitigation CP is double dippin, mitigating more jabs damage than intended?
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »
    ...no, target's mitigation CP is double dippin, mitigating more jabs damage than intended?

It definetly mitigate more damage. And this happened only with strikes after its damage formula was changed.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And I got rumors that it was fixed in latest incremental patch, so tested again, same races, no gear:
    Initial damage without using nor Blue nor Red CP is stay same as previous Live/PTS: 373, BL 278, Backlash 529.
    image.jpg
    1. 10 points in Thickskinned:
    image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Simply compare to spreadsheet in initial post above and those numbers are exact reduced numbers from U17 pts.
    So, it not work as it worked previously, and thus I consider it bugged.
    It need official reply, not spreading rumors.
    Edited by Cinbri on September 20, 2018 8:19AM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump for sweet Templar justice.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously... fix it
    K-Hole
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what's the deal, @ZOS_GinaBruno ?
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, on the bright side, they fixed the issue where when you logged out of Cyrodiil you wouldn't log back into Cyrodiil!

(Cleverly disguised bump.)
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, continuation of PTS thread.
    Red CP in U17 reduce damage of Strikes more than previously.
    From PTS:
    So:
    1. Jabs and its 140% damage:
    jt1.jpg
    Tried closest to 1000 damage. As you can see its something like 140.XX%. So, tooltip state right amount of damage.

2. About actual damage to closest target:
    jt2.jpg
    It does deal same amount of damage as tooltip state. So, 140% seems works properly.

3. About raw damage: Live/PTS
    a. Initial damage stay the same(not sure why 1 less damage), since nothing was changed here:
    image.jpg

b. As Joy said minor berserk is additive, and nothing changed here too, damage is same:
    oj1.jpg

c. But as first patchnotes said damage taken, like minor vulnerability, is no longer additive, and here is buff changes as on live it is suffer from being additive and as result less than 8%, but on pts it is boosting flat 8% damage increase that don't losing its % when combined with berserk:
    without and with Slimecraw' berserk while enemy vulnerable:
    0j3.jpg

In theory it look like it work as it intended, but NO, tested closest damage in pvp in exactly same gear/CP/skillbar against opponent with exact same gear/CP/skillbar and result is sad:
    0j5.jpg
    Whatever changed with calculation of CP damage taken it ended in monstrous damage nerf for pvp.
    Will test tomorrow with no-cp rule and fully naked to decrease chance of error, maybe it fault of pvp debuff, might be my error but i rechecked 3 times as this damage nerf occured only in pvp.
    :bawling:

So, here is Part 2:

Did further researches and can confirm Elemental Defender and Thickskinned incorrectly working with only Puncturing Sweeps (Apparently as Hardy for Biting Jabs)

Short results:
    Live/PTS
    1. 10 points into Thickskinned:
    0dot10.jpg
    already 8 less damage difference on pts. 13crit.

0el10.jpg
    already 4 less damage difference on pts. 6crit.

0eleth10.jpg
    already 10 less damage difference on pts. 16crit.

I dont have time to compile and edit 20+ screenshots so here is my raw notes indicating that damage difference occure only for Jabs and only with Red CP costellation:

IMG_20180125_123449.jpg

P.S.: everything tested full-naked, so no mistake on my part.
    P.S.S.: make me happy to be no-CPer :*

Checking Strikes damage pre-Update / right after Update:
    jb3.jpg
    And the more enemy stack in elemental/physic protection + dot protections CPs and the more damage-oriented build Templar use - the higher damage difference penalty.

We need any clarification regarding it @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Wrobel

I'm just impressed that you took notes on graph paper!
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert

Can we please get a confirmation that this has been acknowledged by the dev team, or whether or not a fix is in the work? This was SUPPOSED TO be the patch where templars damage got fixed after being bugged for about 6 months, and in doing so youve managed to break another scaling aspect of it.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Gigasax
    Gigasax
    ✭✭✭✭
    BTW, did you test it with both morph´s or just the base skill? just wondering
    - Noractis -
    - PC EU -
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gigasax wrote: »

Both morphs are affected.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno are you still going to let us know if this is being worked on?

Templars provided by far the most patient, constructive, documented feedback during this PTS cycle. It's profoundly frustrating to see that being rewarded with no fix to Sweeps' damage and complete silence from ZOS.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Wrobel

I don't think I've ever tagged the devs in a forum post. This is a serious issue and deserves at least an acknowledgement or response please.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_Wrobel

Can we can some acknowledgement of this issue?
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard there was an issue with Templars... Came running to this thread like it was the bat signal
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    I heard there was an issue with Templars... Came running to this thread like it was the bat signal

There's another bug too that we are testing out in another thread by Cinbri. Head over there if you want to see the snare from jabs being dodgable lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So there are three issues that I know of:
    - For some reason, Elemental Defender and Thick-Skinned are reducing the damage of Puncturing Sweeps more than they did in the CWC patch. @Cinbri reported this during the PTS, and Gina said she had passed on the testing info for someone "to dig into".
    - The snare applied by Sweeps'/Jabs' final hit is dodgeable (though this may be intentional, as noted in the dedicated thread about this issue)
    - Sweeps is reliably locking characters out of using any abilities for about 1 second roughly every three or four casts of the ability. This is very easy to reproduce. Dedicated thread here.

@ZOS_GinaBruno can you let us know whether this is still being looked into? Even if it's just "we haven't forgotten about this, we're digging into it but no ETA", any update would make us nervous templars feel a lot better!
  • Scrub_Potato
    Scrub_Potato
    ✭✭

So Bitting Jabs is being affected by this, too?
    "I am a scrub, and a potato. Like, some kind of Scrubtato!"

Bjorn Kril-Kendov - EP Stamplar (totally a Nord... or maybe a Nordguard!)(Main)
    Zerric al-Eshan - EP Khajiit Stamblade
    Thorik Gro-Korik - EP Orc StamDK
    Wulfgar Norok-Kest - EP High Elf MagickaSorc

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

So Bitting Jabs is being affected by this, too?

Yes.
    casparian wrote: »
    So there are three issues that I know of:
    - For some reason, Elemental Defender and Thick-Skinned are reducing the damage of Puncturing Sweeps more than they did in the CWC patch. @Cinbri reported this during the PTS, and
    Back on pts when I tested it Hardy was also reducing damage of Biting Jabs for higher numbers, so it Hardy, Elemental Defender and Thick-Skinned; and it was initial skill and both morphs, not only magicka morph.
    If only EU was first transfered I could check if it happened before or after change of damage formula initiated by @Joy_Division reports of bugged damage output. Now can only guess.
    Edited by Cinbri on February 27, 2018 10:43PM
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump for Templar justice.
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m pretty sure all stamina dot’s are being mitigated the same way.
    K-Hole
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve noticed weirdly low values on my jabs, similar to OP’s testing. As well as on my rending slashes, and cleave applications.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert your forum mods work over time coming through salt, could someone give an acknowledgement.
    Edited by caeliusstarbreaker on February 28, 2018 2:27PM
    K-Hole
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bruh, Jabs double dips damage CP, so too should Jabs mitigation be double dippin'.

GTFO with this nonsense. Are you *** serious right now?

Edited by Xeven on February 28, 2018 2:41PM
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeven wrote: »
    Bruh, Jabs double dips damage CP, so too should Jabs mitigation double dip.

GTFO with this nonsense.

I would try to explain the premise of what is being asked here, but you would just streak away 5 times.
    K-Hole
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

GTFO with this nonsense.

I would try to explain the premise of what is being asked here, but you would just streak away 5 times.

Nah, you would rather pop immov speed and LOS rocks/bridge/trees with ritual. You're *** joking right? Please keep telling your faction that. My AP loves it.

This dude won't even get off his horse to fight me. He'd rather die to a meteor and respawn.

Must. Get. To. Alessia. Bridge... *BOOM*

Edited by Xeven on February 28, 2018 3:08PM
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

GTFO with this nonsense.

Nah, you would rather pop immov speed and LOS rocks/bridge/trees with ritual. You're *** joking right? Please keep telling your faction that. My AP loves it.

This dude won't even get off his horse to fight me. He'd rather die to a meteor and respawn.

Must. Get. To. Alessia. Bridge... *BOOM*

Whatever you say bud.
    K-Hole