Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

moved

DoctorESO
DoctorESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
moved
Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 10:52PM
  • MaximillianDiE
    MaximillianDiE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just bring back ground oils. With no aoe cap that would be the bomb
    Maximillian Die Caesar - DC - [K-Hole] Retired
    Maximillian AD [[DiE]
    Retired
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are enough siege options as is, we don't need more point-and-click heroes. Anything that helps organized fights prosper and discourages (but not completely rules out) siege fighting is preferable.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    just give us a morph of calatrops or flare that can place up to 3-5 "magicka" mines that when stood on places detonation on the target and 2 nearby PLAYERS, so that it cant be overkill in pve
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone somewhere has suggested a change to inevitable detonation that i rather like:

ID no longer triggers when purged/cannot be purged (so it always blows up after 4 seconds).
    ID does zero damage if there are less than X players in it's radius when it goes off.
    However if there are more than X players, it simply instantly kills all enemies in the explosion radius.

X (and radius) can be adjusted for balance.

That should make them spread out :trollface:
    Edited by Sharee on February 19, 2018 7:27AM
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just add a new Battlespirit Debuff, for every player that is within 5 metres of you, you lose 5% of your hp.
  • Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the biggest reason after aoe caps is the overheal in zerg. Aoe caps are gone, second step should be aoe healing group only.
    Guild

Gildenleiter von Lux Dei (EU/AD). Offizieller Gildenspotlight für ESOTU!
    Guild leader of Lux Dei (EU/AD). Official Guild Spotlight for ESOTU!

Addons & Guides

ESOUI Author Portal: Taonnor
    Addons: Taos AP Session, Taos Group Tools

Myth AoE Cap: DE Mythos AoE Cap // EN Myth AoE Cap

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... volcanic rune?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    Just add a new Battlespirit Debuff, for every player that is within 5 metres of you, you lose 5% of your hp.

Not realistic from a programming standpoint, not a good idea because it would be easy to troll your own faction with it, and really just a bad, petty design.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just bring back ground oils. With no aoe cap that would be the bomb

It would also be very stupid
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Someone somewhere has suggested a change to inevitable detonation that i rather like:

ID no longer triggers when purged/cannot be purged (so it always blows up after 4 seconds).
    ID does zero damage if there are less than X players in it's radius when it goes off.
    However if there are more than X players, it simply instantly kills all enemies in the explosion radius.

I've thought something similar a while ago.

Inevitable detonation, if attempted to be purged it explodes/ spreads to enemies hit. Doesn't affect Pve/ not effective on smaller groups. If needed shrink the range of the detonation.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Elong wrote: »

Not realistic from a programming standpoint, not a good idea because it would be easy to troll your own faction with it, and really just a bad, petty design.

That's why it's a good idea!
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »

Inevitable detonation, if attempted to be purged it explodes/ spreads to enemies hit. Doesn't affect Pve/ not effective on smaller groups. If needed shrink the range of the detonation.

If Inevitable Det didn't have a cast time this actually might work.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What's wrong with Coldfire Ballistas?
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »

And then you realise that organised groups can also spam inev deto on pugs.
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »

Pugs generally don't have dedicated purge spammers tho, which means whoever is affected will have plenty of time to react.
    Edited by Sharee on February 20, 2018 3:37PM
  • Texas
    Texas
    ✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »

And then you realize that pugs aren't stacked as tight as organized groups so the friendlies hit by/spread to isn't as harmful. Also purge isn't a commonly slotted pug ability like Sharee stated above.
    Vehemence Mindless Zergling
    All Classes and All Factions
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The "ranged counter" to ball groups is range itself. You cannot be affected by then if you stay at range (provided you are aware of your surroundings)

If you want to counter a group you need to do it in an organised manner. There should also be some risk to it. I.e. going into their range to kill them.

People should be extremely careful what they wish for with changes like this. Remember that nerfing organised group play is a buff to the unorganised (or organised) mega zergs.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "ranged counter" to ball groups is range itself. You cannot be affected by then if you stay at range (provided you are aware of your surroundings)

If you want to counter a group you need to do it in an organised manner. There should also be some risk to it. I.e. going into their range to kill them.

People should be extremely careful what they wish for with changes like this. Remember that nerfing organised group play is a buff to the unorganised (or organised) mega zergs.

Balling up is only one form of organized play. There are many ways to organize and use strategy, tactics, intel, deception, etc. that don't include balling up. Balling up and using multiple layers of buffs to create near invincible states needs counters. They shouldn't immediately wreck ball groups, but they should remove the invincible status. That would be the goal as I see it. No one group of players should be invincible.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka classes have a lot of skills that work (now):

Inevitable Deto > Cristal Blast > Spear Shards > Unstable Core > Vulcanic Rune > Ring of Elements (fire), supported by some Meteors, Pollen and Backlash.
    (Though I´d avoid Meteors because we all know what happens to the servers when people decide to use Meteors again)
    Yes, it might be more difficult than "Proxy in 3-2-1" + Eye of the Noob + Permafrost and Negate, but it ought to be so, because of the advantages of ranged combat.

The only real issue here is that STAMINA classes are indeed useless from range.

Either Silver Shards or Caltrops need to be changed, nothing else. I´d prefer Silver Shards because they can be countered by good groups, but not by bad ones.
    Edited by Thraben on February 21, 2018 2:17PM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ranger209 wrote: »

Balling up is only one form of organized play. There are many ways to organize and use strategy, tactics, intel, deception, etc. that don't include balling up. Balling up and using multiple layers of buffs to create near invincible states needs counters. They shouldn't immediately wreck ball groups, but they should remove the invincible status. That would be the goal as I see it. No one group of players should be invincible.

There are no invincible groups in game. The majority of groups which ball up already die extremely fast no further counter is needed. Shouting in zone and brining the faction of 120 players to one keep is a form of "organisation" sure. The counter for that is ball groups. If you remove ball groups that will have no counter and we have AV style trains running around the map in one direction with no combat in between.

ZOS developed features to promote organised groups and ball group play. The Crown symbol is perhaps the biggest example of this and because of this they have a very dynamic and fluid map with viable counters to all playstyles.

Being a special snowflake yet also be able to counter organised groups without equal levels of coordination and organisation. Just no.

I'm sorry but it's not a good suggestion.

Also in specific regard to your comment about it not being the only way to play. I agree if I'm trying to counter a bomb group with far fewer numbers the last thing you want to do is ball up.
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on February 21, 2018 2:18PM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do these invincible "ball groups" have special limited edition characters or skills to which no one else has access? Are they able to force poor coordination or a lack of desire to cooperate within the ranks of their competitors? That seems unlikely. The real complaint here is that there are groups that coordinate, plan and execute better than others, and the others really don't like it. They want the organized group to lose, but not by doing what's necessary to make themselves win. That's just too boring for them, right? After all, it's just "easy" and they're skilled players, right?
    You can change the skills an organized group uses, or create new skills that you think counter tight coordination and consistent execution, but in the end the groups that work well together will use those tools to continue winning and the groups that don't like it will continue looking for the magic bullet to turn their success to failure.
    Edited by Sandman929 on February 21, 2018 2:44PM
  • AyelineESO
    AyelineESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Do these invincible "ball groups" have special limited edition characters or skills to which no one else has access? Are they able to force poor coordination or a lack of desire to cooperate within the ranks of their competitors? That seems unlikely. The real complaint here is that there are groups that coordinate, plan and execute better than others, and the others really don't like it. They want the organized group to lose, but not by doing what's necessary to make themselves win. That's just too boring for them, right? After all, it's just "easy" and they're skilled players, right?
    You can change the skills an organized group uses, or create new skills that you think counter tight coordination and consistent execution, but in the end the groups that work well together will use those tools to continue winning and the groups that don't like it will continue looking for the magic bullet to turn their success to failure.

This. It needed to be said
    EU - PC
    Banana Squad Inc | Zerg Squad | AoE Rats | Roleplay Circle

Raid/Solo character(s):
    AD | Qiáng | Lvl 50 Stamden | AR 32

Solo/ Smallscale characters:
    DC | Šhaðë | Lvl 50 StamNB | AR 50 | GO reached: 30.10.2015
    AD | Ðawñbrêåkêr | Lvl 50 StamNB | AR 44

Ex-Raid characters
    AD | Lord Ayeline | Lvl 50 Stam Sorc | AR 38
    AD | Ayelíne | Lvl 50 Stam DK | AR 22
    EP | Get Meme'd Kid | Lvl 50 Stam Sorc | AR 36
    EP | Àyèlìnè | Lvl 50 Stam Warden | AR Pleb
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not really. The real complaint is this:
    We’re also beginning to look at ways to improve group combat in Cyrodiil, particularly when groups of varying sizes fight each other. Some specific concerns we’ve been looking into include:
      [*] Not enough effective options to deal damage to clustered groups from afar
      [*] Earthgore is too powerful in group vs group battles
      [*] Not enough diversity in Ultimate choice
      [*] Large groups can have players take on specialized utility roles, reducing counter-play options against them

We’re still talking about what exactly we’ll be doing, but once we have a better idea of the direction we’re taking, we’ll include it in one of the next combat updates.

"Not being affected" is not a counter. If they can ignore you, then you are not countering them in any way.
      Edited by Sharee on February 21, 2018 4:03PM
    • The-Baconator
      The-Baconator
      ✭✭✭✭

We’re also beginning to look at ways to improve group combat in Cyrodiil, particularly when groups of varying sizes fight each other. Some specific concerns we’ve been looking into include:
        [*] Large groups can have players take on specialized utility roles, reducing counter-play options against them

We’re still talking about what exactly we’ll be doing, but once we have a better idea of the direction we’re taking, we’ll include it in one of the next combat updates.

"Not being affected" is not a counter. If they can ignore you, then you are not countering them in any way.

Then what exactly are people requesting? Should small groups or even single players be able to just press inev det and force an elite ball group composed of some of the best players on their platform that's min maxed to fight large groups to scatter or immediately fall over? Right now I can take 3-4 friends and with minimal effort put in to building to counter groups, having one negate and 2-3 ranged destros, and instantly melt 90% of groups when they are stacked in a choke\flag from range without exposing yourself to their PBAoE damage. The options for ranged AoE damage are there but not quite as reliable or effective as PBAoE in situations that would demand risk on the part of the PBAoE user, as it should be. If you're more interested in seeing ball group game play come to an end rather than simply adding in the means to deal damage from range, I would worry more about how 99% of worthwhile utility\healing skills in the game demand everyone to be in the same 8x8 space to be effective.
        Edited by The-Baconator on February 22, 2018 12:44AM
        First PS4 NA Grand Overlord, Stormproof, and Flawless Conqueror.
        Potato Lord of Atrocity
      • Sharee
        Sharee
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭

Then what exactly are people requesting?

Look at the thread topic?

Edited by Sharee on February 21, 2018 7:04PM
        • Vilestride
          Vilestride
          ✭✭✭✭✭

• Ranger209
          Ranger209
          ✭✭✭✭✭

Then what exactly are people requesting? Should small groups or evens single players be able to just press inev det and force an elite ball group composed of some of the best players on their platform that's min maxed to fight large groups to scatter or immediately fall over? Right now I can take 3-4 friends and with minimal effort put in to building to counter groups, having one negate and 2-3 ranged destros, and instantly melt 90% of groups when they are stacked in a choke\flag from range without exposing yourself to their PBAoE damage. The options for ranged AoE damage are there but not quite as reliable or effective as PBAoE in situations that would demand risk on the part of the PBAoE user, as it should be. If you're more interested in seeing ball group game play come to an end than simply adding in the means to deal damage from range, I would worry more about how 99% of worthwhile utility\healing skills in the game demand everyone to be in the same 8x8 space to be effective.

I am interested to see how the changes they have made play out. I am seeing a difference from pre-update to post-update. Is it enough? Is it too much? That remains to be seen. It definitely feels better than it did before, but the sample size is too small yet to say for sure.
          • Satiar
            Satiar
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            ✭✭✭
            My favourite Bulb quote for ESO applies here: you can’t nerf teamwork.

All sorts of changes have happened to group play. Look at old DIE clips, Havoc clips, VE clips from 1.5 all the way through barrier nerfs, purge nerfs, rapids nerfs, vicious death, current Drac clips, etc.. From bats to DKS to prox leaps to steel tornado to meteor to DB to tether to negate and destro, etc. Group play has changed in drastic ways, it’s been targeted by specific nerfs designed to cripple its effectiveness.

But it’ll never really work without outright breaking the game. Good teams will be good and become more than the sum of their parts.
            Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
            Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost